So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Comments
10,821 - 10,840 of 18,016 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2013

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#11909 Nov 19, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet when you chose to post your personal information in a public forum, you try to portray yourself as a victim. Hypocrite.
You must have missed where she claimed that there's such a thing as "internet etiquette" where, if you put information online, no one else will do anything with that info.

I must have lost my "internet manual" back in the 90's because I always assumed, like in real life, it's my responsibility to keep my private information, private. lol

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11910 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the difference between right and wrong.
which you apparently never have.
If you refuse to make concessions when you are wrong, how do you know that you know the difference? No one, except for you of course, is ever right 100% of the time.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#11911 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what a fundie is.
I own a dictionary.
A fundie is basically someone who takes God serious.
I am happy to be one.
better to be a fundie than a heathen.
The dictionary definitely does not say that.
lol

Location hidden

#11912 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
IF atheists were 'peaceful' people they wouldn't struggle and fight so hard against (God, Faith, Morality, the bible, churches, and religion in general) because all those things ARE in themselves offering peace.
IF atheists were peaceful people, they would not sue the IRS to punish churches for what they discuss INSIDE the church.
nor, would they fight and sue to remove the symbols that have existed long before America was even ever hear of.
you see, the Freedom From Religion Foundation doesn't simply wish to live THEIR lives without God, they want to remove God from the lives of those who want the freedom to live for God.
You're wrong.
But it was fun to watch you flop around anyways.:)

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#11913 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have purposely twisted and perverted the story to reflect a negitive spin to push your own anti-God agenda.
you might want to actually read the story as it is written.
the two daughters got their father drunk and violated him.
that was a story given to you so you would KNOW HOW WRONG that is.
it was not something God endorsed as right.
If he was that drunk, little Lot wouldn't have been UP to the task.

Daytona Beach, FL

#11914 Nov 19, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
From your "definition," you obviously don't know what a fundie is.
I'd rather be educated than dunce like you.
A fundie is someone who respects their Bible more than anyone else's Constitutional rights.
A normal Christian can respect both at the same time.

:)

Location hidden

#11915 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
so was someone in my family, thats called NEAR DEATH.
there is a 'window' time frame one can be revived.
but not always is it sucessful
and if you can restart the heart before the oxgen stops flowing to the brain and other organs you can revive a person.
thats not death, thats called NEAR DEATH.
lots of folks have experienced such.
Thank you for your informative, yet inaccurate account of "near death," Dr. Patricia Hadley.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#11916 Nov 19, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently not since YOUR exact word from post #11346 were:
"Norwood is a city within cincinnati.
a subcity within a city."
<quoted text>
And yet YOU were the one who incorrectly characterized Norwood's relationship to Cincinnati, not me. So don't whine to me abut things I state correctly, you flabby old windbag.
<quoted text>
And yet YOU, Patricia, were the one who posted what church you attended in Russell Springs. That others comment on your posts doesn't make them stalkers.
<quoted text>
And what exactly did I post about your church? Nothing. And who published your name in a public forum? YOU did. Performing a google search isn't stalking. Unless you consider 3/4 of all Americans stalkers, I suppose.
<quoted text>
I know that when someone discloses their personal information in a public forum that I'm not responsible for their decision to do so. It's obvious you're full of regrets now but blaming others for your poor judgment in no way absolves you of responsibility for your poor judgment.
<quoted text>
No, you're just part of the 47% that Mitt Romney referred to who never want to take responsibility for themselves or their actions.
I've Googled myself, and others who share my name. Does that make me a stalker?

Daytona Beach, FL

#11917 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
thats whats wrong with you, you wonder about things that are irrelvant. you wonder about patty and she isn't here, or wondering about you......(laughing)
Your detachment from your old personality is both entertaining and scary. lol

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#11918 Nov 19, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse..."
Smirking look of pity.
So, in your world, the term "assault" can be used to describe something sexual in nature?

Yet ANOTHER reason I'm glad I'm not sleeping with you....

Location hidden

#11919 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
explain to me how you came to the conclusion i share the same birthdate as pattiecake? liar that you are.
show me your data of facts that proves such a thing.
you can't.
I don't have to explain to you how i know what i know.
i told you my connections are NONE of your business.
you think you can come on here and do what you have done, and then make all sorts of FALSE accusations against someone and think there isn't anyone out there who could know the situation far better than you pretend to? HA.
Patty has "connections."

She must not have had a good birthday because she seems bitchier than usual today.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#11920 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
rational people don't care enough about strangers on a website to hunt up their church or anything else to post it, UNLESS they are intentionally wanting to expose a persons ID and place them in harms way. that takes the mind of a cyberstalker.
.. if, under your Pattiecake58 identity, you did not want people to know your true identity, you shouldn't have posted it:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/russell-sprin...

.. no specific church has ever been mentioned nor, to my knowledge, are you being stalked ..

.. under your Pattiecake ID, you made certain claims, the lies were exposed and you didn't like that. Yet you continue placing yourself in harm's way by calling people immoral liars, playing bait and switch, and spreading lies all over Topix to garner sympathy ..

.. here's the truth: you've made yourself somewhat of a Topix celebrity, exposed yourself to public ridicule and now suffer the consequences. You will continue lying to cover past lies, call everyone cyberstalkers and claim we're invading your privacy ..

.. how can someone's privacy be invaded when they reveal their true name, their date of birth, who their parents are, where they attended school, their marital history, where they live, even their physical description ??..

.. you made your private life public ..
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11921 Nov 19, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently not since YOUR exact word from post #11346 were:
"Norwood is a city within cincinnati.
a subcity within a city."
<quoted text>
And yet YOU were the one who incorrectly characterized Norwood's relationship to Cincinnati, not me. So don't whine to me abut things I state correctly, you flabby old windbag.
<quoted text>
And yet YOU, Patricia, were the one who posted what church you attended in Russell Springs. That others comment on your posts doesn't make them stalkers.
<quoted text>
And what exactly did I post about your church? Nothing. And who published your name in a public forum? YOU did. Performing a google search isn't stalking. Unless you consider 3/4 of all Americans stalkers, I suppose.
<quoted text>
I know that when someone discloses their personal information in a public forum that I'm not responsible for their decision to do so. It's obvious you're full of regrets now but blaming others for your poor judgment in no way absolves you of responsibility for your poor judgment.
<quoted text>
No, you're just part of the 47% that Mitt Romney referred to who never want to take responsibility for themselves or their actions.
YellowDogDirt is from Norwood?

That's HILARIOUS!

Norwood: where it's ok to let your 14yr old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her two kids.

Location hidden

#11922 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
every believer and studier of the bible knows that God's word is 'settled'.
That's an outright bold face LIE and you know it.

Shame on you Patty!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11923 Nov 19, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
It describes it as much as the word sexual. Sexual is the adjective here, assault is the subject. Without assualt, it's just sexual. Which isn't anything but at adjective.
Assault is still assault, no matter the nature or degree.
<quoted text>
Control. Why would you give someone a date rape drug and be loving and gentle with an unconscious person unless you were afraid of rejection? Date rape drug is an attempt at complete control and deception.
<quoted text>
Statutory rape. A TYPE of rape, still sexual contact without consent. A minor cannot consent for themself.
<quoted text>
In all of these cases, it is an act of control. To force someone, no matter your method, to do something they are not consenting to. When a person says no, yes, that's it. STOP or it's rape! After that point, any continuance of sexual contact is a physical attack, with the attacker disregarding the wishes of the person he is with and exerting CONTROL. And once someone FORCES you to use your body in a way you have said NO to, it becomes an assault. A violation and disrespect of someone else's PRIVATE body parts, and complete disregard for the well being of the other person's well being or after effects.
Here is the fallacy.

You are asserting that the primary goal is control, not sex.

You know, can't get enough of that control climax!

Silly stupid.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#11924 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
thats whats wrong with you, you wonder about things that are irrelvant. you wonder about patty and she isn't here, or wondering about you......(laughing)
How can you possibley speak for Patty unless youare her? How do you know she doesn't think about me.

I rather thought she had an unhealthy crush on me. Always talking to me and HL about lesbian sex.
You're.. i mean, she's fascinated with it.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#11925 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
My question to you is this, have you met any pedophiles, child molesters, zoophiliacs, and rapist? If not, do you feel that you are ill-equipped to discuss these matters.
I don't think that I HAVE been discussing those matters. Can you remind me what I said about any of those?
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
In fact, your point is ridiculous. All of the above many actually come across to you as nice and good people. The point is the issue, not the person. Many women who abuse children and men who batter women are perceived as upstanding citizens who their neighbors would swear these things false about them.
I have friends who are gay, black, white, Mexican, Muslim, Jewish, German, etc. and I meet them as individuals and not as representatives of a group. You are a bigot and prejudicial if you h ave formed opinions about groups, negative or positive based on your encounter with a few.
A sin is sin and hell goes to the losers, whether the person chooses to engage in homosexuality, adultery, drug abuse or child molestation.
UIF is right, this is a discussion board, and your perspective should be based on facts. If you met a flat earth thinker, would you suddenly start thinking that the world is flat? Perhaps YOU would.
If discussions here are to be based on facts, then the supernatural is disqualified. No one has ANY factual information on gods, sins, hells, afterlives, or any such related trappings. All discussions about these subjects remain nothing but guesses, based on wishful thinking.

The list of people that you present here can be condemned based on their CRIMES, acts which go against the informed consent of those they perpetrate against. Homosexuality does not fit when we are discussing activities between consenting adults. Homosexuality is not a crime, and people who engage in it should not be thrown in with criminals.

Do you tell your Mexican or German friends that they are criminals, just because of their nationality? Do you say this to your black friends, based on their skin color? I would hope not. I wonder then, why do you lump gay people in with such vicious violators like child molesters? Do you tell your gay “friends” that they are just as guilty as anyone engaging in child molestation? Do you tell them that they are “losers” who deserve eternal torture? I would not be friends with anyone who spoke to me like this.

I see no reason to consider homosexuality a “sin”. I know how to be a good person, how to avoid murder and rape and theft, without being told to by an ancient book. I know this because I know how I want to be treated. I don’t want to be murdered, I don’t want to be stolen from, so I don’t visit these actions upon other people. But this kind of empathy does not govern who I love, nor does it prevent me from accepting such love in return. These are not actions that infringe on the lives of others, the way that murder does.

I’ve yet to hear a logical religious point of view explaining WHY homosexuality should be considered a “sin”. It is not an infringement into anyone else’s life. It is a private action between consenting adults. There is no reason for anyone, either human or god, to condemn it. There CERTAINLY is no reason to make gay people feel as if they are the same as rapists and thieves. Gay people should be completely free to pursue whatever relationships suit them best, whatever brings them the greatest happiness. I don’t trust a “morality” which seeks to label gay people as criminals just for living their lives.

No matter what your religion says, there is no cause for labeling gay people this way. Save your labels for people who are actually committing wrongs against one another. If you are unable to do so, then maybe your religious beliefs have not prepared you for how to assess people by how they treat others. Maybe you are judging people instead by the level of obedience to your religion that they exhibit.

Location hidden

#11926 Nov 19, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the only one who would compare this question to one about rape.
Control, and consent, dumbass.
A RELATIONSHIP with someone you love is in no way related to why a rapist chooses to rape instead of masturbate.
You disgust me.
That's funny. You have no problem with abusing each other willingly. You aren't disgusted that someone (you) mistake a sewer system for a playground.

But you do have a problem when someone says the sex drive is far more powerful than any motive but food. And that's a close call!

The denial it takes for you to try to legitimize a genetic defect is astounding.

I take it as a compliment that my simple common sense and reality disgusts you.

Smirk.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#11928 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
READ THE BIBLE.
it is all there.
prophecy, detailed, and up to date, fulfilled.
thats all i can tell you, READ IT for yourself.
take no ones word for it.
But you are asking me to take the book's word for it, and we're talking about a book with talking animals in it. I'm sorry, but that completely blows the book's credibility. I can't put any belief in a book which depicts conversations between people and snakes and donkeys. I won't be able to put any stock in "predictions" which say that a particular land will remain uninhabitable forever, when there are people living there today.

In any case, I wasn't interested in learning about the Bible or any of its contents. I was interested in learning about YOU and what convinced YOU that the Bible was real. Real people and their beliefs are always more interesting to me than the recorded mythologies of those who are long since dead.

I won't bother you further, since it's clear that you'd prefer this line of discussion to end. It's always a disappointment to encounter believers who are unwilling or unable to discuss their beliefs at length, especially when I begin to ask deeper questions about the contradictions present in scripture.

I've already looked into the Bible to find the answers to my questions, and the Bible is lacking. It's much more rewarding and insightful to discuss these things with living, breathing people who can give immediate feedback on such questions, and who can debate back and forth about specific subjects, because books can't do any of this. It does start to look like a very empty belief system, when the believers fail to answer inquisitive investigation of their own claims.

Location hidden

#11929 Nov 19, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse..."
Smirking look of pity.
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in your world, the term "assault" can be used to describe something sexual in nature?
Yet ANOTHER reason I'm glad I'm not sleeping with you....
Not my world, honey, the real world. That was a quote from a dictionary.

Don't you think you've slept with enough people?

Smirk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Gay be gone 49,449
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 16 min nhjeff 608
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 19 min Dr Milan Sufflay 1,124
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 32 min eJohn 72
Ga. teen kicked out after admitting he's gay to... 47 min eJohn 33
Local group hopes to revisit decade-old convers... 55 min eJohn 8
Gay marriage opponents take lower profile 59 min eJohn 24
Biggest Gay Lies 1 hr Mikey 1,738
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Gunther 55,058
Which QUEER is the BIGGEST PIECE OF SH!T? 7 hr Frank Rizzo 8
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 11 hr Belle Sexton 34
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search