So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18,015

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Full Story

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11649 Nov 17, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you can admit that you feel your reasons are irrational.
As the saying goes: "The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have a problem."
While I'm not saying you have a problem, I'm guessing you understand what I mean.

If marijuana is discovered to have extremely bad negative effects such as being able to cause cancer, I will gladly not do it ever again. Though no negative effects have been logged besides the negative effects of smoke itself. This is why I cover my mouth, scurry away, and look disappointedly at people smoking tobacco in public, but don't mind if someone is smoking marijuana in my face.
It's mainly the issue of carcinogenics.
But yes, I do understand how you could have that irrational thought process of pot being bad, from the relation of who smokes it. Nowadays though, marijuana is more like booze at a party, people use it socially. It is much more accepted and many more people use pot casually. This is one of the reasons it was recently legalized in Colorado and Washington. People realize it's not as bad as anti-drug campaigners make it seem, in fact, the majority of things anti-drug campaigners say against marijuana is false.
While we definitely no longer see people smoking indoors; at least not anywhere I have been lately, any longer, I am still amazed at how many very young people that are smoking. One would think that they have none of the motivating factors that might have been around when I was young. It was what over 50% of men did, it was portrayed by the cigarette companies through movies and tv ads as something people did to be really sophisticated, or with it.

When you get away from indoor smoke, you really start smelling it everywhere you go. For example I walked my wife to a bus that was taking her to a train and then on to Toronto this morning. There are always a few people who seem panicking about having to get on a bus and not have a cigarette, so they will smoke rapidly, or they will light up near a crowd of people waiting for the bus, and invariably upwind from the others so everyone has to smell the smoke. My wife, though once a smoker, always comments when she smells cigarette smoke. What is even a worse smell and one that likely people will start legislating against is 3rd hand smoke, the foul smell of stale tobacco smoke on the clothing and bodies of smokers.

It boggles my mind that a person, especially a woman, might spend hundreds of dollars and hours to prepare her body and clothing for a special event, and then she goes and smokes, and everyone around her, that is not a smoker, is sickened by her smell. Get caught on an elevator with someone who goes outdoors to smoke, when they are coming back into the building. Granted the danger is likely not great, though in some cases the danger of someone getting angry at the smoker and starting a ruckus is always there.

When people smoked everywhere the foul smell of a smoker was not near as noticeable, I guess because we never actually got away from the smell anywhere.

Sort of like when I was a farmer, I probably smelled of the odor of a barn, the feed, the manure, etc, most of the time, but then I was working in a bank and a farmer would come in (I worked most of my banking career in large towns where a big part of the clientele were farmers), even neatly dressed but you could still smell the farm smells on him, especially if he had pigs. What was even worse is doing a client visit to a farm in your business suit and the client takes you on a tour of his pig barns, and then you have to go back to the office to work the rest of the day, smelling awful.

Location hidden

#11650 Nov 17, 2012
Ban Stalkers wrote:
<quoted text>It is indeed true, just because you may be or may have been a low life that does not change it. Most of these low-life people are whites and they may even be lawyers and actors. Lindsay Lohan, Whitney Houston and Kurt Coban were low-lifes during their drug use spans of life. Low-life has to do with how low your life has sunk. Most gays are low-lifes, because most gays are drug addicts and alcoholics. If you know gays who are not then good, I just helped a lesbian friend of mine stop her alcoholic abuse. As a consequence she is losing her homosexuality.
If she is losing her homosexuality, then she was not a real homosexual to start with. If she was actually engaging in homosexuality, it was likely as a consequence of having been completely screwed up on drugs. Kind of like a heterosexual woman selling her body on the street to any creep that comes along, because she wants the money, not the sex.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#11652 Nov 17, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
While we definitely no longer see people smoking indoors; at least not anywhere I have been lately, any longer, I am still amazed at how many very young people that are smoking. One would think that they have none of the motivating factors that might have been around when I was young. It was what over 50% of men did, it was portrayed by the cigarette companies through movies and tv ads as something people did to be really sophisticated, or with it.
When you get away from indoor smoke, you really start smelling it everywhere you go. For example I walked my wife to a bus that was taking her to a train and then on to Toronto this morning. There are always a few people who seem panicking about having to get on a bus and not have a cigarette, so they will smoke rapidly, or they will light up near a crowd of people waiting for the bus, and invariably upwind from the others so everyone has to smell the smoke. My wife, though once a smoker, always comments when she smells cigarette smoke. What is even a worse smell and one that likely people will start legislating against is 3rd hand smoke, the foul smell of stale tobacco smoke on the clothing and bodies of smokers.
It boggles my mind that a person, especially a woman, might spend hundreds of dollars and hours to prepare her body and clothing for a special event, and then she goes and smokes, and everyone around her, that is not a smoker, is sickened by her smell. Get caught on an elevator with someone who goes outdoors to smoke, when they are coming back into the building. Granted the danger is likely not great, though in some cases the danger of someone getting angry at the smoker and starting a ruckus is always there.
When people smoked everywhere the foul smell of a smoker was not near as noticeable, I guess because we never actually got away from the smell anywhere.
Sort of like when I was a farmer, I probably smelled of the odor of a barn, the feed, the manure, etc, most of the time, but then I was working in a bank and a farmer would come in (I worked most of my banking career in large towns where a big part of the clientele were farmers), even neatly dressed but you could still smell the farm smells on him, especially if he had pigs. What was even worse is doing a client visit to a farm in your business suit and the client takes you on a tour of his pig barns, and then you have to go back to the office to work the rest of the day, smelling awful.
Same here, I REALLY don't get people who begin smoking, though pot does have a distinct smell, you could easily get rid of that by cooking it into fatty foods.
Though when it comes to cigarettes, I agree with you, I hate the smell people have when they smoke, I dislike people who smoke upwind, and I also find it disgusting that the police in my area do not enforce the law properly. The law is that you are not allowed to smoke within 15 feet of the doors to a public place. People are always smoking right outside the doors and the police in Quebec are extremely lazy unless they have to meet their quota.

I also don't understand why young kids still smoke. I think it's something to with with the fact that they see cool people in movies smoking all the time, then they make a poor judgement call and decide to smoke without really knowing anything about it. Another explanation could be that people are getting addicted to cigarettes before they even smoke, through secondhand smoking...it does happen.

Montreal

#11653 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you have a mental problem and the brain capacity of a worm. Topix is not tweeter for you to pollute the thread with your boring and worthless life. Go bore your wife with that trash or your boyfriend, whichever one will put up with your boring idiocy. GEEEEEEEEZ.......you have got to be the most boring rat face on Topix.
Why don't you go troll a bridge or something.
You'd fit in more there than in a discussion board, telling other not to discuss certain topics.
It's a forum, people have discussions, get over it.

Now go play troll somewhere else.

Location hidden

#11657 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you have a mental problem and the brain capacity of a worm. Topix is not tweeter for you to pollute the thread with your boring and worthless life. Go bore your wife with that trash or your boyfriend, whichever one will put up with your boring idiocy. GEEEEEEEEZ.......you have got to be the most boring rat face on Topix.
Yes, I do have a mental illness condition, but it is under control and has been since early 1999. I also have a mental problem of being probably about 30 IQ points higher than most of the people who I respond to on this site, which makes it even more difficult for me to understand how backward some people are because they are not even intelligent enough to discuss simple topics.

I save the boring stuff for hate mongers and bigots. If you can't get them to understand simple things perhaps you can bore them to death, is my motto.
soapmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#11660 Nov 17, 2012
youtube.com/watch... ……FM nobody fears Gays,Gays can be disaplined if they violate no-gay space
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11661 Nov 17, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We will leave who is a idiot for the record. Lets continue with your line of reasoning.
What was the flat circle they were supposedly referring to?
Smirk.
The shape of the single integer that represents your IQ.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11662 Nov 17, 2012
Ban Stalkers wrote:
<quoted text>It is indeed true, just because you may be or may have been a low life that does not change it. Most of these low-life people are whites and they may even be lawyers and actors. Lindsay Lohan, Whitney Houston and Kurt Coban were low-lifes during their drug use spans of life. Low-life has to do with how low your life has sunk. Most gays are low-lifes, because most gays are drug addicts and alcoholics. If you know gays who are not then good, I just helped a lesbian friend of mine stop her alcoholic abuse. As a consequence she is losing her homosexuality.
hahahaahah
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah

Who do you think you're kidding?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11663 Nov 17, 2012
Ban Stalkers wrote:
<quoted text>You're lying. What does the word gay mean? It means happy, not homosexual. So, why do idiots use it to mean homosexual? What does the word flat mean? Okay, so how come small chested women are referred to as flat. What does a flying rat mean? A bat.
What idiots do is defined terms, and assume that it is right, then go back and try to redefine other terms.
What does black and white mean? So, how come African Americans are called black and Caucasians are called white. Clearly neither own can be described as either black or white. What does colored people mean? No, that more aptly describes Caucasians, who are pale, pink, reddish, brownish, dark brown tanned, and yellowish complexions or colored.
Put down the tequilla bottle and step away from the bar.

A circle is flat, you flaming dumbass. The rest of your post is irrelevant bullshit.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#11666 Nov 17, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Blonde ho,
My point was that even if the earth WAS flat, no one at that time could see the distance of all the kingdoms.
IOW, the story is BS.
KiMare wrote:
You only prove my point by noting that long before we developed the ability to see great distances and around the earth, the Bible indicates the ability.
The bottom line is the Bible speaks of the earth as round more than once; Job 26:10, Prov 8:27, Isaiah 40:22.
Circles are round. And flat.
And Isaiah describes the heavens as being like a tent, when they are in no way like a tent.
KiMare wrote:
To claim it was a flat round is silly, they knew the boundaries of their kingdoms were not curved.
Remember, you can't put a bent rod in a straight hole.
Smile.
Whatever.
LOLSER.

North Hollywood, CA

#11667 Nov 17, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say it was factual?
Where am I attempting to correct fiction?
That's not curious on your face, it's idiot smeared with BS.
<quoted text>
Tammy, liar, idiot,
You changed what I said.
Why do you always need to do that to respond?
I correct inaccuracies about 'what the Bible says'. That has nothing to do with whether it is historical or fiction (no one can prove either way).
It's easy to prove it's fiction, and I have done so.
To prove it's fiction, you just show that the buy-bull includes absurd stories, inaccurate cosmology, and contradictions.
KiMare wrote:
I do on occasion address stupidity mocking supernatural facts in the Bible (such as the prohibition on eating shellfish).
What's supernatural about eating shellfish?

North Hollywood, CA

#11669 Nov 17, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't it have been easier to just say flat?
Just a thought.
Smirk.
A circle is, by definition, flat. But not all flat shape are circles. So, using the term "circle" gives you more info than the term "flat".

The buy-bull's cosmology is wrong. It indicates the earth is flat, with a tent-like "firmament" above it.

North Hollywood, CA

#11670 Nov 17, 2012
Ban Stalkers wrote:
Like anybody is going to believe you have a friend.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11671 Nov 17, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We will leave who is a idiot for the record. Lets continue with your line of reasoning.
What was the flat circle they were supposedly referring to?
Smirk.
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
The shape of the single integer that represents your IQ.
In a corner so you resort to ad homoan attacks.

So predictable...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#11672 Nov 17, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Put down the tequilla bottle and step away from the bar.
A circle is flat, you flaming dumbass. The rest of your post is irrelevant bullshit.
So what 'flat circle' does the Bible refer to?

Location hidden

#11673 Nov 17, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, the story is BS.
<quoted text>
Circles are round. And flat.
And Isaiah describes the heavens as being like a tent, when they are in no way like a tent.
<quoted text>
Whatever.
LOLSER.
Oh please, I want to hear your explanation.

What was the 'flat' circle of kingdoms they were referring to?

Sooooo blonde...

Smirk.

Montreal

#11674 Nov 17, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to prove it's fiction, and I have done so.
To prove it's fiction, you just show that the buy-bull includes absurd stories, inaccurate cosmology, and contradictions.
<quoted text>
What's supernatural about eating shellfish?
Shellfish and supernatural both begins with "S," didn't you know that?
Of course shellfish are supernatural.

Location hidden

#11675 Nov 17, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
A circle is, by definition, flat. But not all flat shape are circles. So, using the term "circle" gives you more info than the term "flat".
The buy-bull's cosmology is wrong. It indicates the earth is flat, with a tent-like "firmament" above it.
A circle is 'by definition flat'? Really.

So again, what was the flat circle the Bible talks about?

The verses I referenced said the earth was round, not flat, enclosed by the firmament.

If they meant flat, they would have said flat. Like you did.

Smile.

Location hidden

#11676 Nov 17, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Shellfish and supernatural both begins with "S," didn't you know that?
Of course shellfish are supernatural.
Ho and you both begin with BS and never get any further.

Mona Liars in it.

Smirk.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#11683 Nov 17, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Even masturbation can be considered sodomy, correct me if I'm wrong.
perversion is any act that causes sperm to be released NOT where it is intended.

sodomy is the penetration of an orifice not intended for reproduction, and/or not human

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Those who live in love live in God': Watch as ... 14 min Zeppelin 4
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr Pietro Armando 5,229
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Brian_G 6,117
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 3 hr chris toal 26,961
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 3 hr Terre Poot 89
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 4 hr Estelle 219,642
Couples Who Challenged Utah's Gay Marriage Ban ... 4 hr Sir Andrew 4
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,088
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,596
More from around the web