So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18,016

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Full Story

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#11629 Nov 17, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
And your denial of the fact that same sex parenting was never discussed in that survey is still evident. You can go around claiming the moon is made of cheese for all we care, you're still deluded and wrong.
It's just a troll demanding attention. It's knows that it isn't correct, and it simply doesn't care. It's all about wallowing in the attention it craves.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11630 Nov 17, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Blonde ho,
My point was that even if the earth WAS flat, no one at that time could see the distance of all the kingdoms.
You only prove my point by noting that long before we developed the ability to see great distances and around the earth, the Bible indicates the ability.
The bottom line is the Bible speaks of the earth as round more than once; Job 26:10, Prov 8:27, Isaiah 40:22.
To claim it was a flat round is silly, they knew the boundaries of their kingdoms were not curved.
Remember, you can't put a bent rod in a straight hole.
Smile.
Circle and sphere are NOT the same concept. Thinking that a word for circle means sphere is silly.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#11631 Nov 17, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Tammy, liar, idiot,
Tam is not short for Tammy. Have you never seen Firefly?? Sheesh.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#11632 Nov 17, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just a troll demanding attention. It's knows that it isn't correct, and it simply doesn't care. It's all about wallowing in the attention it craves.
I know, it's just hilarious to hear it deny reality over and over.

Montreal

#11633 Nov 17, 2012
Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
Tam is not short for Tammy. Have you never seen Firefly?? Sheesh.
I didn't even watch the show and I know that.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11634 Nov 17, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Circle and sphere are NOT the same concept. Thinking that a word for circle means sphere is silly.
And you are saying circle and flat are the same.

Idiot.

Smile.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11635 Nov 17, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Though some people might move on to other drugs from marijuana, that's only because they are stupid enough to convince themselves it is safe. I admit, I've used pot, but only 2 or 3 times a year. I liked the weird and happy mood it put me in, but I'm not addicted to it for the simple reason that I see no need to use it.
Using marijuana is about as recreational as going to see a comedy in theaters. Though the smoke is not the greatest for you, as is any smoke, it still isn't stuffed full of tar and other chemicals like cigarettes. But then again, by simply baking it, you get rid of the negative effects of smoke.
There have been deaths caused by alcohol poisoning and cigarettes raise the risk of getting cancer. Marijuana has never killed anyone.
If you are irresponsible and drive while not sober, then that can kill, but so can texting while driving.
Does that mean texting should be illegal? No, that means laws should be put in place, as they have for using a phone or being under the influence of alcohol while driving, to promote responsible thinking.
Then again, anyone can get addicted to anything. One can get addicted to chocolate, eating healthy, exercising, and so on...does that mean each of those things are addictive? The large majority of those who use marijuana don't get addicted.
This is why marijuana is not an addictive drug.
Though if someone does get addicted, it's to the feeling, not the drug itself. That is also why some choose to do other drugs, because they want the feeling to be stronger.
Yes, intellectually, I agree with what you are saying, but my gut reaction is still negative, but then I was a campaigner against alcohol as a kid, teen, and into my adulthood. I took my first drink, other than being tricked into taking wine at communion at a church that used wine, rather than grape juice which I was accustomed to, when I was 24 years old.

After I started, I became a person who would drink as long as someone poured another drink, sometimes to the point of throwing up. But I never drank when I got home from work to relieve stress, or as a habit at home. Mainly just when partying, and during the few years with my 2nd partner we were making our own wine, and towards the end we were maybe having a bottle or two a week, a glass in the evening kind of thing.

Now when I get the urge to have a drink, about one drink pretty well wrecks me, as I take several meds which enhance the affect of alcohol, such that if I drank anymore I would definitely get sick. I kind of miss it, but my current wife can't handle alcohol at all (if she takes even a sip she gets woozy and doesn't want anymore) and I have seldom ever drank alone.

We have untouched wine here that was bottled in 2006 (with no preservatives, etc) which would have been gone long ago, if I was still drinking.

I have a mental block re marijuana which likely developed back in my school days when the weirdos and the drop outs seemed to be the ones using marijuana, and I just found it to be something that one doesn't do, which I haven't been able to shake off.

Listening to a friend describe the affects of marijuana, and seeing people use it in either real life or in movies, makes it look like such a no brains kind of thing, because it seems the person sort of goes into their own world, loses interest in everything else, and there just doesn't seem to be any point to it.

As a drinker, I lost a lot of inhibitions and often became quite the life of the party (at least in my own mind) and especially quite friendly. I was never a fighting drunk.

Since marijuana is still an illegal substance just about everywhere, anyone who is using it, unless they have a special document permitting them medical usage (which I really believe for the majority is just a back door way of remaining a recreational user) technically one is still breaking the law.

Location hidden

#11636 Nov 17, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Though some people might move on to other drugs from marijuana, that's only because they are stupid enough to convince themselves it is safe. I admit, I've used pot, but only 2 or 3 times a year. I liked the weird and happy mood it put me in, but I'm not addicted to it for the simple reason that I see no need to use it.
Using marijuana is about as recreational as going to see a comedy in theaters. Though the smoke is not the greatest for you, as is any smoke, it still isn't stuffed full of tar and other chemicals like cigarettes. But then again, by simply baking it, you get rid of the negative effects of smoke.
There have been deaths caused by alcohol poisoning and cigarettes raise the risk of getting cancer. Marijuana has never killed anyone.
If you are irresponsible and drive while not sober, then that can kill, but so can texting while driving.
Does that mean texting should be illegal? No, that means laws should be put in place, as they have for using a phone or being under the influence of alcohol while driving, to promote responsible thinking.
Then again, anyone can get addicted to anything. One can get addicted to chocolate, eating healthy, exercising, and so on...does that mean each of those things are addictive? The large majority of those who use marijuana don't get addicted.
This is why marijuana is not an addictive drug.
Though if someone does get addicted, it's to the feeling, not the drug itself. That is also why some choose to do other drugs, because they want the feeling to be stronger.
One thing that interests me about the occasional recreational user is that they still have to go through crime gangs which are backed by some of the most evil syndicates in the world to acquire marijuana, other than growing it themselves, which is also illegal, so it involves obtaining it perhaps indirectly from some very seedy people.

Yes, a person's source might just be a friendly neighbor, but somewhere along the line some pretty criminal stuff was going on. Tobacco should be in that category but it has been in society legally so long that making it absolutely an illegal product, though that should happen, would only increase crime.

Montreal

#11637 Nov 17, 2012
boooots wrote:
[Cut for space]
After I started, I became a person who would drink as long as someone poured another drink, sometimes to the point of throwing up. But I never drank when I got home from work to relieve stress, or as a habit at home. Mainly just when partying, and during the few years with my 2nd partner we were making our own wine, and towards the end we were maybe having a bottle or two a week, a glass in the evening kind of thing.
Now when I get the urge to have a drink, about one drink pretty well wrecks me, as I take several meds which enhance the affect of alcohol, such that if I drank anymore I would definitely get sick. I kind of miss it, but my current wife can't handle alcohol at all (if she takes even a sip she gets woozy and doesn't want anymore) and I have seldom ever drank alone.
We have untouched wine here that was bottled in 2006 (with no preservatives, etc) which would have been gone long ago, if I was still drinking.
I have a mental block re marijuana which likely developed back in my school days when the weirdos and the drop outs seemed to be the ones using marijuana, and I just found it to be something that one doesn't do, which I haven't been able to shake off.
Listening to a friend describe the affects of marijuana, and seeing people use it in either real life or in movies, makes it look like such a no brains kind of thing, because it seems the person sort of goes into their own world, loses interest in everything else, and there just doesn't seem to be any point to it.
As a drinker, I lost a lot of inhibitions and often became quite the life of the party (at least in my own mind) and especially quite friendly. I was never a fighting drunk.
Since marijuana is still an illegal substance just about everywhere, anyone who is using it, unless they have a special document permitting them medical usage (which I really believe for the majority is just a back door way of remaining a recreational user) technically one is still breaking the law.
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing that interests me about the occasional recreational user is that they still have to go through crime gangs which are backed by some of the most evil syndicates in the world to acquire marijuana, other than growing it themselves, which is also illegal, so it involves obtaining it perhaps indirectly from some very seedy people.
Yes, a person's source might just be a friendly neighbor, but somewhere along the line some pretty criminal stuff was going on. Tobacco should be in that category but it has been in society legally so long that making it absolutely an illegal product, though that should happen, would only increase crime.
I don't go out of my way to get it and I only trust it when a friend I trust has it. I never buy it, my friend shares it.
Even so, I see where you're getting with this, but also remember that a large portion of famous and great artists smoked marijuana for their influence. The Beatles were high a lot of the time, as well as many other great musicians. While I can't come up with any off the top of my head, many artists were high a lot of the time too.

Regarding your comments on how it seems to make people not care abut anything, sometimes people feel that that's a good thing at certain times. For example, my boyfriend got over the death of his grandfather much easier when he got buzzed with pot the day after finding out about the death. It's a form of relaxation that is instilled in someone when they get high, that helps with certain stresses.
While some do abuse it, as some abuse alcohol, it is still a lot healthier to get high than it is to get drunk.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11638 Nov 17, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are saying circle and flat are the same.
Idiot.
Smile.
A circle IS flat.

Idiot.

The Hebrew word used means circle, NOT sphere.

Location hidden

#11639 Nov 17, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>A circle IS flat.
Idiot.
Wouldn't it have been easier to just say flat?

Just a thought.

Smirk.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11640 Nov 17, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't it have been easier to just say flat?
Just a thought.
Smirk.
What you think would have been easier to say is irrelevant. The word actually used means circle.

Just a reality check.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#11641 Nov 17, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I don't go out of my way to get it and I only trust it when a friend I trust has it. I never buy it, my friend shares it.
Even so, I see where you're getting with this, but also remember that a large portion of famous and great artists smoked marijuana for their influence. The Beatles were high a lot of the time, as well as many other great musicians. While I can't come up with any off the top of my head, many artists were high a lot of the time too.
Regarding your comments on how it seems to make people not care abut anything, sometimes people feel that that's a good thing at certain times. For example, my boyfriend got over the death of his grandfather much easier when he got buzzed with pot the day after finding out about the death. It's a form of relaxation that is instilled in someone when they get high, that helps with certain stresses.
While some do abuse it, as some abuse alcohol, it is still a lot healthier to get high than it is to get drunk.
Yes, it is one of those things that we form opinions about that aren't based in very rational thinking. When you go on vacations to certain places you tend to see what some people might call the low lifes, standing around doing nothing, but there is a very strong smell of marijuana (I do recognize its smell) coming from them, and this is usually in places where marijuana is very illegal.

I guess in my case it is a type of irrational prejudice going back to my 'Christian' days when smoking, drinking, swearing and not going to church were, IMO, the 4 really bad things, that I judged people on.

I do have a bit of trouble though, with people, such as my former partner, who will freak if someone lights up a cigarette anywhere near her (as will my current wife though she once smoked) but would sneak off and smoke a joint with a friend we were visiting behind my back, even though she knew I was very strongly opposed to marijuana. Granted people don't inhale as much marijuana in a day as an addicted tobacco smoker, because they would likely become zombies, but still it seems rather odd that they are so opposed to smoking, yet it is okay to smoke marijuana.

That is all just me, though, some bad habits I got into when young, which I demonized people, that I haven't been able to shake yet.

I doubt though I will ever make much of an effort to try to justify marijuana because, IMO, it really still makes me think of hippies, with the straggly unkempt hair, no purpose in life, other than getting high (actually I had a secret admiration for some of their lifestyle).

One of the really great artists that was hopelessly addicted to drugs, though apparently legal drugs, was Johnny Cash. Though his wife got him away from them different times in his life, he really never got over them. His death at a relatively young age likely was partly due to how he abused himself. I suspect he was a cigarette smoker too, which would account for his early death, though I don't know that to be a fact.

Cigarettes did kill a lot of the great actors of the past.

Location hidden

#11642 Nov 17, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
What you think would have been easier to say is irrelevant. The word actually used means circle.
Just a reality check.
Smirk.
We will leave who is a idiot for the record. Lets continue with your line of reasoning.

What was the flat circle they were supposedly referring to?

Smirk.

Montreal

#11643 Nov 17, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is one of those things that we form opinions about that aren't based in very rational thinking. When you go on vacations to certain places you tend to see what some people might call the low lifes, standing around doing nothing, but there is a very strong smell of marijuana (I do recognize its smell) coming from them, and this is usually in places where marijuana is very illegal.
I guess in my case it is a type of irrational prejudice going back to my 'Christian' days when smoking, drinking, swearing and not going to church were, IMO, the 4 really bad things, that I judged people on.
I do have a bit of trouble though, with people, such as my former partner, who will freak if someone lights up a cigarette anywhere near her (as will my current wife though she once smoked) but would sneak off and smoke a joint with a friend we were visiting behind my back, even though she knew I was very strongly opposed to marijuana. Granted people don't inhale as much marijuana in a day as an addicted tobacco smoker, because they would likely become zombies, but still it seems rather odd that they are so opposed to smoking, yet it is okay to smoke marijuana.
That is all just me, though, some bad habits I got into when young, which I demonized people, that I haven't been able to shake yet.
I doubt though I will ever make much of an effort to try to justify marijuana because, IMO, it really still makes me think of hippies, with the straggly unkempt hair, no purpose in life, other than getting high (actually I had a secret admiration for some of their lifestyle).
One of the really great artists that was hopelessly addicted to drugs, though apparently legal drugs, was Johnny Cash. Though his wife got him away from them different times in his life, he really never got over them. His death at a relatively young age likely was partly due to how he abused himself. I suspect he was a cigarette smoker too, which would account for his early death, though I don't know that to be a fact.
Cigarettes did kill a lot of the great actors of the past.
At least you can admit that you feel your reasons are irrational.
As the saying goes: "The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have a problem."
While I'm not saying you have a problem, I'm guessing you understand what I mean.

I also flinch when people smoke around me, I'm scared of secondhand smoke, it's quite horrible that all the negative effects of smoking can be shared with people in the vicinity of a smoker.
I don't scold people for taking up smoking, I know they regret taking it up, but once addicted, it is very hard to stop. I don't need to rub it in their faces anymore than they've already done themselves.

If marijuana is discovered to have extremely bad negative effects such as being able to cause cancer, I will gladly not do it ever again. Though no negative effects have been logged besides the negative effects of smoke itself. This is why I cover my mouth, scurry away, and look disappointedly at people smoking tobacco in public, but don't mind if someone is smoking marijuana in my face.
It's mainly the issue of carcinogenics.

But yes, I do understand how you could have that irrational thought process of pot being bad, from the relation of who smokes it. Nowadays though, marijuana is more like booze at a party, people use it socially. It is much more accepted and many more people use pot casually. This is one of the reasons it was recently legalized in Colorado and Washington. People realize it's not as bad as anti-drug campaigners make it seem, in fact, the majority of things anti-drug campaigners say against marijuana is false.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#11644 Nov 17, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never tried it, and i have heard that too, but I have a friend, a former druggie, who claims that anyone who tells you that marijuana is safe is a liar, for several reasons. Almost everyone who gets into harder drugs started with marijuana, because though it may not itself be addictive it tends to make people get into the habit of wanting some illicit drug to get high, or down, and so they naturally graduate to very addictive drugs. He also tells me that the marijuana sold today is much more potent than it was when he was into it, and often laced with other drugs, so that you will get addicted to the other drugs.
I don't know the truth, just relaying what he tells me. He, having almost ruined his life on drugs, is now paranoid about taking even prescribed meds. Personally I kind of frown on the whole drug scene since, because it has always been illegal almost everywhere, it tends to point to sort of low life people. I know that is unfair, as some people who I love or loved very much, had tried some drugs.
that's pure myth.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#11645 Nov 17, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't even watch the show and I know that.
Heretic.

Montreal

#11646 Nov 17, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Heretic.
The only sci-fi that has anything to do with space hat I like is Doctor Who. But that's different...the other shows just don't interest me. I prefer Supernatural, Fringe, and Once Upon A Time.
Ban Stalkers

New York, NY

#11647 Nov 17, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>A circle IS flat.
Idiot.
You're lying. What does the word gay mean? It means happy, not homosexual. So, why do idiots use it to mean homosexual? What does the word flat mean? Okay, so how come small chested women are referred to as flat. What does a flying rat mean? A bat.

What idiots do is defined terms, and assume that it is right, then go back and try to redefine other terms.

What does black and white mean? So, how come African Americans are called black and Caucasians are called white. Clearly neither own can be described as either black or white. What does colored people mean? No, that more aptly describes Caucasians, who are pale, pink, reddish, brownish, dark brown tanned, and yellowish complexions or colored.
Ban Stalkers

New York, NY

#11648 Nov 17, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
that's pure myth.
It is indeed true, just because you may be or may have been a low life that does not change it. Most of these low-life people are whites and they may even be lawyers and actors. Lindsay Lohan, Whitney Houston and Kurt Coban were low-lifes during their drug use spans of life. Low-life has to do with how low your life has sunk. Most gays are low-lifes, because most gays are drug addicts and alcoholics. If you know gays who are not then good, I just helped a lesbian friend of mine stop her alcoholic abuse. As a consequence she is losing her homosexuality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 3 min Blahblah80 1,876
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 3 min Poof1 792
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 5 min NE Jade 26
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 6 min nhjeff 57
Online sleuths aid police in gay-beating case 7 min NE Jade 5
4 couples suing over Montana's gay-marriage ban 24 min Frankie Rizzo 639
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 33 min Frankie Rizzo 764
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 hr Cali Girl 2014 55,904
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 11 hr dirtclod 417
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••