So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Comments
10,341 - 10,360 of 18,016 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2013

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

United in faith wrote:
then you should research the scriptures more closely.
Jeremiah 49:7 says
"Against Edom, Thus says the Lord of Hosts: Is wisdom no more in Terman?(Edom) Has counsel perished from the prudent? has their wisdom vanished?"
verse 17 says that anyone who passes by Edom would be astonished and will hiss at all its plagues.
Malachi 1:4 says
"Even though Edom has said, "we have been improverished, but we will return and build the desolant places."
now listen to what God said to the Edomites after God made Edom desolant and they said to God they would rebuild it.
Thus said the Lord of Host:
"They may build but I will throw down; they shall be called the territory of wickedness; and the people against whom the Lord will have indignation FOREVER."
Jeremiah was right, because that Edom would be a perpetual wasteland. still is today.
Edom is located southeast of Israel.
http://www.lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVanswer...
there is a photo of it today.
you will not find any such kingdom called Edom today.
and God said, from Generation to Generation of those who dwelled there would be under the curse of the lot God cast on Edom.
there is no such kingdom today called Edom.
But is that significant? There have been MANY kingdoms and lands that used to exist throughout history, not just in the Middle East but all over the entire WORLD, that do not continue to exist today. Were they ALL prophesized to be destroyed? The geo-political landscape is always changing.

But, the geographical landscape changes much slower. The region of Edom is a desert. It always has been. It wasn't once a tropical paradise, and then transformed into a desert. It's always been a desert. Proclaiming that a desert shall be a wasteland is hardly a great leap to make. Is this something we can assume about ALL deserts? Has God cursed the Sahara, Gobi and Mojave regions as well?

This seems as interesting as if I were to step outside, point to Mount Rainier, and say "God curses you to be tall and snowy!". It was ALREADY tall and snowy, it's going to be tall and snowy for decades, if not centuries (barring eruption). Cursing a desert region to be a barren wasteland is a bit obvious. It would have made much more impact for Edom to have been cursed with perpetual ice and snow. Such an anomaly in such a hot, arid part of the world would have been MUCH stronger evidence for the veracity of the Bible.

One also wonders why God would proclaim this curse against the land "forever". Does this mean that the present residents (again, not uninhabited) are doomed to lives of misery and failure? If so, why? Why should descendents be saddled with the punishments of their forebears' crimes? This seems drastically unjust to me. A child is not responsible for their parents' crimes. This reminds me of Pat Robertson claiming that the Haiti earthquake was due to a pact with the devil that the people of Haiti once entered into, to free themselves from slavery under the French. But that supposed event was hundreds of years ago. The people living there today had nothing to do with it. How is this a fair way to mete out justice? It seems atrocious to me!
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all, hamilton county is not all of cincinnati.
Norwood is a city within cincinnati.
a subcity within a city.
No, you lying sl*t, Cincinnati is wholly contained within Hamilton county. Further, Norwood is an independent city within Hamilton county too; it is NOT part of Cincinnati or a "subcity" of Cincinnati. Norwood has it's own mayor and city council and provides various governmental services to its residents. Norwood even has its own school district.
United in faith wrote:
second of all, you shouldn't have access to someones pastor on here.
you shouldn't KNOW who anyones pastor is on here.
Then you should start a personal campaign to tell churches to remove their web sites from the internet because the churches themselves are listing who their pastors are.
United in faith wrote:
and even if you do, you shouldn't post it.
cyberstalkers do that.
So the members of your church are all cyber stalkers since they posted the name of your pastor on the internet?
United in faith wrote:
and no there is no picture of pattiecakes grave stone on line.
unless someone went there and uploaded it for the purpose of posting it, again cyberstalkers do that.
There most certainly is a picture of your gravestone on the internet, Patricia. I doubt whether the person who posted it was a cyber stalker; more likely someone with an interest in genealogy trying to make it easier for others to research online without having to travel hundreds or thousands of miles personally to see it. Have you ever contacted your cemetery to complain about it? Or are you still just whining to me?
United in faith wrote:
someones Ex's name or pastors name or tombstone or parents name or anything else, such as places they lived or past relationships is most certainly not PUBLIC information you sicko.
Then why is it all available on the internet where it's posted so people can search for it? The marriage records in Hamilton County were PURPOSELY made available online to enable people to search the records. You're more than stupid if you think thing like your marriage application/license aren't public record.
United in faith wrote:
the more you defend this behavior the more you PROVE how immoral and perverted you are.
No, the more you whine about it just demonstrates what a stupid, clueless *sswipe you are about how things work in the real world.
United in faith wrote:
you don't have a right to invade ANYones privacy.
who ever told you that you did, was munching on demonseeds.
Accessing PUBLIC information isn't an invasion of privacy, Patricia. And who was it again that posted their name, the names of her parents, the city in which she was born/married, a complete physical description, where she currently lives and the name of the church she attends, among other things in a PUBLIC forum? Oh that's right; YOU.
United in faith wrote:
honestly, what makes you think you have the right to post ANY information on a public website for the intent of trashing a person?
were you raised in such a way?
did your parents never sit you down and explain the golden rule?
did your parents teach you that anyone who opposes you, is fair game to be abused on any level?
is that who you want the world to see you as?
how can i make it any clearer.........what you did and what you condone is called cyberstalking. and it is illegal and it is wrong.
you are the kind of person, who would hack into someones banking records and post it on a website to be vindictive.
just because you could.
thats the difference between good people and bad people.
your not a good person.
cause good people always own up to their mistakes.
bad people don't.
Blah, blah, blah. Grow up, you silly child. And learn something about the real world rather than spouting your lies and uninformed drivel.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
If it walks looks like a duck, walks like a duck and squaks like a duck........
.. it's Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny ??..

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you try to LEARN instead of being right
cause when you don't learn you are NEVER right.
LMAO!!!!

So this is your philosophy on debate?

Learn about things you like that aren't true.. because learning is always better than being right? LOL
I see it now!

BTW, take your own advice.
You talk about stuff you know NOTHING about all the time! Like psychology, politics, human sexuality..........

Passing Through

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly, you are always trying to prove me wrong.
what does that tell you?
That you're stupid and lie a lot.
United in faith wrote:
that being right is more important to you than an exchange of ideas on here are.
you misuse topix like you do everything else.
Really? Well I don't consider you posting lies and factually incorrectly information to be a proper use of Topix, Patricia. You have no interest in "discussing" topics or even learnig from your mistakes. All you want is a platform to be an attention wh*re.
United in faith wrote:
i know folks who have had multiple blood transfusions, my aunt for one, and they are very much screened.
I didn't say blood wasn't screened, you illiterate c*nt. I said screening isn't PERFECT. Otherwise, there would NOT be documented cases of HIV transmission via blood transfusions as recently as 2008
United in faith wrote:
you can't give blood if you have any kind of diseases that are transferable.
Well, if people can still contract HIV via a blood transfusion, however infrequently it happens, obviously people with communicable diseases CAN give blood. The system for screening is very good, Patricia; it's not, however, perfect.
United in faith wrote:
HIV is transmitted through sexual encounters
or drug use.
no longer in transfusions.
And yet my link to the US government's Centers for Disease Control proves you wrong, Patricia. Did you even bother to open the link and read the material? Of course not; you have no interest in being educated, only in arguing from your position of stupidity.
United in faith wrote:
ask any hosp or medical person how safe they are today.
why don't you try to LEARN instead of being right
That's priceless, Patricia, since I'm CONSISTENTLY right and you're consistently WRONG. Take your own advice and LEARN for a change rather than clinging to your ignorance like a baby sucking on a pacifier.
United in faith wrote:
cause when you don't learn you are NEVER right.
There we have it, folks; Patricia finally admits why she's NEVER right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the one who said you had 'pastey' white skin.
so why are you getting all defensive about it?
i didn't say anything other than get some sun.
sun is healthy in moderation.
I said pasty because I was being honest.
Something you know nothing about.
You know when you go outside in the winter and the sun refelects off the snow and burns your eyes?

That's my skin.
Just being honest..

UV rays without a barrier or sunscreen causes cancer. The more sunburns you have in your life, the higher the risk. I'm not concerned with "getting some sun" for tanning purposes. Why? Without a high SPF, which virtually prevents tanning, I BURN, that's the way pasty white skin works. There is no in between. Pasty or burned like a lobster... which means cancer.
I choose pasty.

Now you know.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't listen to others. I can only imagin the nightmare it must of been for your parents raising you.
Yeah, it was a real nightmare for my parents raising a child who excelled in school, never got into trouble with the law and got a high paying job with one of the largest companies in the world. And unlike YOU, I don't live with my parents and haven't since I graduated from college.
United in faith wrote:
you never listen.
You never say anything worth listening to.
United in faith wrote:
i am not going to argue with you over God's SETTLED word
your a fool to do so.
Guess you were not only a fool but made to look like a fool in our previous discussions on the subject matter. At least you finally learned your lesson to keep your mouth shut on that topic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
oh but it is.
Lev 18:22
Lev 20:13
Romans 125-28
Genesis 19
why even 1 Cor 6:9 SPECIFICALLY says homosexuals will NOT inherit the kingdom of God.
those are just a few
Jude 1:7
it is condemned many times over in God's word.
That's YOUR version, Patty. The word homosexual didn't even exist when the Bible was written... or when it was first translated to English.
None of those verses address the state of being homosexual AT ALL.

BTW, your "Cor 6:9 SPECIFICALLY says homosexuals will NOT inherit the kingdom of God."

Look what mine says:
Know yee not that the vnrighteous shall not inherite the kingdome of God? Be not deceiued: neither fornicatours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselues with mankinde, Nor theeues, nor couetous, nor drunkards, nor reuilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Homosexual????? Nowhere to be found.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Absolutely true
<quoted text>
Agreeing with yourself?

That's just sad.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
...or she could just invent another character and avoid using words that she can't spell, like "distroy" and "anotherwords".
"Obscess"...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You give your friends bj's? What kind of friends do you... never mind.
Sodomy is rooted in the attempted rape of Angels by the men of Sodom, a homosexual act. It has been broadened since then to mean any form of unnatural sex.
Go back in your hole wee man.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
'Angels' are alleged to have no physical body so they are purely 'spirit beings' according to the gospel of Matthew (22:30) and Pauls 1st Epistle to the Corinthians.
When they 'appear' in the bible they almost always appear as males and are always referred to with a masculine pronoun except possibly in Zechariah(5:9). However; not needing to engage in the activities of eating or procreation I'm wondering how they'd have the equipment to fill the role of a male on male rape victim. Did god imbue them with redundant recta or purely decorative penes?
How one would violate the orifices of a 'spirit being'?
Why would you respond with deliberate deception?

Matt. does not say Angels have no body, it says they don't marry (just like gay couples).

Moreover, you are confusing (?) the capabilities of Angels with the desire of deviants. We can only assume that the idiocy that led Sodomites to confuse a sewer system with a playground also caused them to confuse a Angel with a mere man. Much to their harm, right?

Smirk.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

<quoted text>
I said pasty because I was being honest.
Something you know nothing about.
You know when you go outside in the winter and the sun refelects off the snow and burns your eyes?
That's my skin.
Just being honest..
UV rays without a barrier or sunscreen causes cancer. The more sunburns you have in your life, the higher the risk. I'm not concerned with "getting some sun" for tanning purposes. Why? Without a high SPF, which virtually prevents tanning, I BURN, that's the way pasty white skin works. There is no in between. Pasty or burned like a lobster... which means cancer.
I choose pasty.
Now you know.
ZZ Top thinks these might help:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it's Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny ??..
No.. It's a motherf*kin DUCK, yo! LOL

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

<quoted text>
BTW, Patty, master of avoidance and denial, answer this:
So just what is so tempting about homosexuality?? I'd really like to know. And if it's SOOOO tempting, how on Earth do so many people CHOOSE heterosexual exclusivity over the "wonderful world of GAY?" LMAO
The matter of choice isn't a valid argument anyways.
Even if, on the off chance, being gay was a choice, you know what is PROVEN to be a choice and not a born-with trait?

Religion.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sodomy is rooted in the attempted rape of Angels by the men of Sodom, a homosexual act. It has been broadened since then to mean any form of unnatural sex.
<quoted text>
Rape is not a homosexual act. Rape is an act of aggression, hatred and power, no matter who the victim is.
Rape has a victim.
Homosexuality has a partner.
Learn the difference mangina man.
Rape is a sexual act against the will of the other person.

The very context of rape is sexual first and foremost. Anything else is secondary. I know that is not politically correct, but it is simple reality.

Homosexual sex has a victim because anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
...or she could just invent another character and avoid using words that she can't spell, like "distroy" and "anotherwords".
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Obscess"...
Let's not forget her lack of grammar comprehension:
"must of been" and "should of been."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Why would you respond with deliberate deception?
Matt. does not say Angels have no body, it says they don't marry (just like gay couples).
Smirk.
So... you're saying we are God's messengers?
I always thought so too...
Living as God made us... withstanding discrimination, hatred and persecution of the fundamental Christian masses.... Testing them all...
Homosexuals: God's test for REAL Christians.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Rape is a sexual act against the will of the other person.
The very context of rape is sexual first and foremost. Anything else is secondary. I know that is not politically correct, but it is simple reality.
Homosexual sex has a victim because anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smile.
And you're wrong again, Mangina.
Even by your thinking, homosexual sex does not always have a "victim." A lot of homosexuals don't even engage in anal intercousrse, particularily lesbians.

A consenting partner is not the same as a victim.
Being whipped, beaten, burned and tortured is also inherantly unhealthy and demeaning.
But there are lots of people that enjoy it consentually.
They call it S&M.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
AH, yes 'playing house'.
I grant you calif calls you 'married' and i know you call yourself 'married' but i can PROMISE you God doesn't recognize you as 'married'.
thats not my opinion either.
its biblical FACT
as for obama being re-elected.
thats not your free ticket to gayism in all 50 states
but you will discover that in due time.
the upside is that i am THRILLED when biblical prophecy comes to pass.
as in the days of sodom and gomorrah so shall it be.......
you enjoy your 'season' of folly.
cause i stand on the promises of the Creator God who WILL have the last word. This is why in the midst of wickedness i can SMILE and feel confident.
You think that a story that ends with a father getting drunk in a cave and raping his two teen daughters is a good Biblical prophesy?

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mosanic" law? ROFLOL. Way to pervert Hebrew scripture. Again.
and Battiecakes points fingers at people who make a mistake on a date in the calendar.

Geez like no one has never written the wrong date on a check at least once in their life.

PattiePerfect often accuses people of the same things she's guilty of.

But when your entire religious faith is based on being God's list taker for the sins of mankind it's hard to be taken very seriously.

And a pretty bad religion to follow as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••