So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18,016

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#11216 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, i didn't say you couldn't be a fruit.
be as fruity as you like.
Ah yes, typical hypocritical fundie...

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11217 Nov 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So there are conflicting studies.
Some even say pot helps prevent lung cancer.
<quoted text>
Prove it. Choose to be gay.
the proof is in the fact we choose NOT to be gay.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11218 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Sodomy is anal sex.
and it is wrong on every level.
and a very big health risk.
instead of calling me a liar ...go discuss it with a physcian.
Patty, some of the people here probably have doctors who engage in anal sex. I don't particularly approve of it, at least not for me, but what someone else decides works for them is not my business or yours. I have heard though that many girls in high school are now going to anal sex to avoid pregnancy. I am referring to heterosexual sex here.

Location hidden

#11219 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
if it required me to prove the bible perhaps, but the bible proves itself.
how come you have not been successful at removing the ancient scriptures from the 'solid' position they have ALWAYS held?
if the bible is so easily proven wrong, then by now one of you skeptics and enemies of the Lord should of found a way to discredit and remove the bible and expose it for a fraud so that the world could 'get over it' and worship self and science.
yet there it is, solid, in place, unshakable, and continuing to unfold in detailed prophecy....... history shows it
archaeology backs it up and countless lives prove it.
Patty, it is on public record that much of the Bible HAS been proven wrong, but the intelligent members of the Christian communities have just adapted to those discoveries, and preached about those parts of the Bible being parables, allegories or myths. People can still believe in God and Christ even though much of the Bible has been proved wrong, and millions do.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11220 Nov 14, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Patty, when person has watched another human being abusing other people for 3 years, calling them names, threatening them with horrible tortures, denigrating them because of a condition they were born with, and then claiming that she is not someone else who is also posting, that lying is a sin, and accusing others who are telling truths liars, then any socially conscious person has a responsibility to realize that something is badly wrong with this person, and that she needs help.
Since I cannot get any action in Kentucky not even being a citizen, and living hundreds of miles away from you, the least I can do is to ask that someone else living closer TRY to get some help for you.
People helped me when I needed help, and I might not have done anything had some of them not got involved. You are in extreme danger of something, which only a full diagnosis would show. But you do have problems, and that problem is not your religious fundamentalism, although you do seem to not recognize people's rights to ask you to stop posting Bible verses to them, after 3 years of doing it daily. You don't seem to recognize boundaries, and you cross them all the time.
You accuse everyone who doesn't agree with your beliefs of being liars, but you have constantly lied on here, and are continuing to do so.
It is the lying and the personal abuse of people that is a sign of your sickness, Patty, not that you are a Christian.
I would never tell a Christian that they are mentally ill because they believe in Christ. At the most I would just say that they are not looking at known facts, and refusing to think logically, but likely I would not even bother to engage them in discussion at all, except if they were attacking someone else.
I initially started posting to you because of your daily attacks against Tom and Kaitlin, which you never let up on.
and you don't think when i sit here and watch YOU beg people to meddle in another posters private life that you don't need mental help?
you don't think when i have answered your question and you keep asking it over and over that you don't need mental help?
you don't think when i tell you i am not pattiecake and you insist on ignoring that and calling me her that YOU don't need mental help?

boots you don't have any wiggle room to be telling anyone else they need mental help. You don't even know who you are talking to.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11221 Nov 14, 2012
Ban Stalkers wrote:
<quoted text>So, this is what happened to you. They electroshocked your brain and now you are stalking Patty, trying to get her to donate brain cells. Explains a lot.
pathetic thing is, pattiecake Left topix apparently and they can't get over it....they are still sniffing after her like a junkyard dog in heat.
they look like an angry mob in the middle of the night rambling the dark country side with pitchforks and torches hoping to find her so they can make her condone and accept sexual immorality or else 'shut her up'.
thats what they demonstrate with anyone who comes here to oppose it on any kind of moral ground.

Location hidden

#11222 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
if you say so, but i don't appreciate you trying to make me another year older twice in one year.
my mom is not alive.
you are such a kind person.
But it was Pattiecake58/Yellodog that someone was trying to make one year older. Don't tell me you are also 57 going on 58 too? Can you believe that two people in the same place could have thousands of similarities or exact characteristics?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11223 Nov 14, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
UIF, I specifically stated that any reply to my post, other than a yes or no answer to each question, would be accepted as an admission that you are Patty. Since you chose to go that route, you have admitted that you are Patty Hadley.
You could easily have answered each question and lied, if you want, as I know you are Patty anyway. However, I just wanted to get an actual denial or admission from one of your posts for future reference should I ever need evidence. But since I stated that your post as you posted it would be an admission that you are Patty, then I have the evidence I need.
and i specifically told YOU i would only answer a question ONCE.
i told you i am not she
and you continued to post the same question.
so heres the deal accept what is told to you, or lump it.

I don't care what you think.
I am not here to play tag with you.

Location hidden

#11224 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you going to be hiding behind a tomb stone so you can jump out and throw fairy dust on pattiecake? Ha Ha Ha!
actually i plan to be helping a good friend strip tobacco.
you wouldn't like it, its work.
Not a very good crowd you hang around with since you disapprove of smoking, but you help friends strip tobacco. You realize of course that 66% of the people who use your friend's products will die because they used your friend's products? I would consider anyone growing, manufacturing, and/or selling any tobacco products as being next to murderers.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11225 Nov 14, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Either I'm not being clear, or there's just something I'm not getting.
Most of these "prophecies" are made IN the Bible, and describe other events that ALSO take place IN the Bible. I'm not sure how this counts as "prophecy".
If I were an author writing a book, and a character on page 10 made predictions about events that occur on page 200, I don't know who that would impress (if I were passing my work off as non-fiction). As the author, I would have complete control over all events depicted in the book, and I could falsify, or pre-arrange, anything I wanted.
Considering the number of people who have had their hands in the making of the Bible--kings, popes, scribes, etc (not to mention the number of conflicting versions of the Bible)--I'm not sure how we can consider any of it to be particularly reliable. Any of these people could have altered anything they wanted. The Bible that you read is the Bible that Emperor Constantine and King James have prepared for you.
There were a couple of items on that list which did point to external events, namely numbers 7 and 9. 7 was a common one that Christians like to bring up, the formation of Israel. But the hope of forming that nation has existed for centuries (possibly since this "prediction" was made, if such an event truly occurred). Millions of people have been actively pursuing this goal. This could easily be described as people FORCING this prophecy to "come true". They heard it, they WANTED it to be true, and they worked to make it so. I think I described before, that for a prophecy to be truly predictive, the people who carry it out must have no knowledge OF the prophecy. Anyone can pick a "prophecy", and then do everything in their power to ensure that it is "fulfilled", and call THAT a testament to the power of prediction. If I make a prediction that someone else likes the sound of, it doesn't really mean that I'm psychic just because they run off to carry it out.
Number 9 was the least interesting. The region will become a "barren, uninhabited wasteland"? Well, yeah, it's a desert. It's called the Negev.
And it DOES happen to be inhabited. There are MANY cities within the area. What does this say, when these predictions are WRONG? How can they still be held up as predictions? What about the countless OTHER inconsistencies within the Bible? Differing genealogies of Jesus, differing accounts of what happened at his tomb, differing accounts of how Judas died. The talking animals. The FICTIONAL animals, like dragons, unicorns or satyrs. Do we just ignore those parts?
Taken as a WHOLE, why is this book believable? I just don't see it. It has too many hurdles that cannot be cleared.
and likewise, i don't know how to be any more clear.
the fact a prophecy IS made IN the bible is what constitutes it as bible prophecy.

if a prophecy is made by a Specific prophet in a specific time and place in history, and it is made in 'detail', then that specific prophecy comes to pass in full fulfillment much later...then it is called prophecy.
the bible tells you not to trust any one who makes perdictions unless it is fulfilled 100% of the time.
not once or twenty times but EVERY time.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#11226 Nov 14, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>You don't seem to recognize boundaries, and you cross them all the time.
.. good point, Boooots. Don't think Patricia understands boundaries because she repeatedly crosses lines drawn in the sand by others and allows everyone to violate her boundaries by responding to vile, obnoxious posts ..

.. that means only one thing: her boundaries were constantly violated ..

Location hidden

#11227 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and you don't think when i sit here and watch YOU beg people to meddle in another posters private life that you don't need mental help?
you don't think when i have answered your question and you keep asking it over and over that you don't need mental help?
you don't think when i tell you i am not pattiecake and you insist on ignoring that and calling me her that YOU don't need mental help?
boots you don't have any wiggle room to be telling anyone else they need mental help. You don't even know who you are talking to.
Patty, I have already told you that I need mental help and I get mental help. It is you that needs it now, and I know you are Patty, which your denying it is only digging your hole deeper.

What I don't understand is after having lied about it for months before when Pattiecake58 was denying being Yellodog and the finally coming clean and making excuses for why you lied, you would again immediately take on yet another alias and start lying about that one already.

Patty, you are a failure at lying because you have so many ways of disclosing who you are. Your fanaticism about your beliefs catches you every time, because all someone has to do is say something to you that you as Pattiecake58/Yellodog reacted strongly about and you come back with the identical response including spelling errors and seldom used words that they used.

You know the old saying that when you keep doing something and you keep getting the wrong results the answer is to stop doing it.

We all know you are Pattiecake58/Yellodog so each time you deny it is just adding more nonsense to be attached to your long list of nonsense posts.

Location hidden

#11228 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
the fact a prophecy IS made IN the bible is what constitutes it as bible prophecy.
if a prophecy is made by a Specific prophet in a specific time and place in history, and it is made in 'detail', then that specific prophecy comes to pass in full fulfillment much later...then it is called prophecy.
the bible tells you not to trust any one who makes perdictions unless it is fulfilled 100% of the time.
But none of those things have ever been proved to happen, Patty. We have no clues who wrote the original prophecies or when, and we absolutely do not know that any were fulfilled.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#11229 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
I guess I'm looking for something more like "And lo, the twin towers will fall, when the great birds collide", or "Hark! Thy shining moon shall bear the prints of Apollo, and Mars shall be the domain of curiosity and opportunity". Something undeniable, something OUTSIDE the Bible. Something the authors could NOT have known, something that could NOT have been worked into the text later. Knowing that the Bible contains so many fictional elements, like talking animals, makes it difficult to simply assume that ANYTHING within it is a fact.

And if Bible prophecy must be 100% correct, then what about Jeremiah's prediction that the land of Edom will be uninhabited? It ISN'T uninhabited. People live there today. He's wrong. Doesn't that invalidate him as a prophet?

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#11230 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
"I" am dumb? thats funny, coming from someone who would elect a president based solely on the issue of legalizing sexual immorality, which by the way, in his May speech he said he believed it should remain at the 'state' level. Each state deciding for themselves on it.
Please link the post where I EVER said that was the only reason I voted for Obama, because that is a blatant lie. In face, I'm pretty sure I ever said something to the effect of "that's NOT the only reason I voted for him." I fully support our president is almost every aspect.
United in faith wrote:
<and Calif has far more than 6% gay there.
Yeah? You think it might be more like.. 10%? ;)
How would you know anyway?
United in faith wrote:
<Who are you trying to sucker here? Dumb would be trusting any polition to do what they say they will do.
"Polition?" Really Patty?
United in faith wrote:
<Look at your healthcare.
even before it is in full effect, many states have 'opted' out of it.
what good will your obamacare do all those folks who live in states that 'opted out' of it? ziltch.
All I know is that for the first time in my life, my health insurance is not only affordable, but I can actually AFFORD to use it!
As for the states opting out.. if they deny their citizens the befits of it... I guess those people live in shitty states.
United in faith wrote:
<you people keep forgetting that the president has channels he must go through before laws can be passed.
you got a lot of conservitive senators and congressmen and women who can make or break a law.
Unlike you, I actually took a few semesters of political science and government, I'm well aware of how it works. But did you notice how many democrats and even independents were voted into senate this year???
United in faith wrote:
<so before you get you start planning your 'queerly beloved' nupuals you might want to keep your foot on the brake til the light actually turns green. Cause you can count on two facts in this world.
Death
and change.
You're so full of metaphors Patty.
I'm getting married in New York, it's already legal there. As far as I know, my state still recognizes legal marriages from other states too, so don't you worry your pointy little head over me, love.:)

Location hidden

#11231 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you watch to much tv.
Wrong again, Patty.. I don't even have cable.:)

Location hidden

#11232 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
stop it.
stop trying to justify drugs to me.
LOL The EXACT same words you used under patticake when you got upset about me "justifying" homosexuality to you! LMAO! It's like you walked into a room with a fake mustache on and expect everyone to beleive it's not really you... Same clothes, same hair, same voice... The mustache will fool them all!
United in faith wrote:
<i have seen someone killed by a drunk driver
i have known people who messed up their lives on drugs.
so stop right here.
You think I haven't?
Let me ask you this, when was the last time you knew someone that totally messed up their life because they were "addicted" to pot? Or committed a violent crime due to the direct physical effects of pot? You know what potheads do, Patty? They live NORMAL lives among the rest of us.. They just aren't nearly as stressed out and uptight. Alcohol is SO much worse in every way!
United in faith wrote:
<you will not defend drugs to me. If someone 'has' to ingest drugs to be happy and feel good then they are in dire need of phycriatic care. If people can't be happy and feel good with out the artifical stimualation of drugs then they are not balanced to begin with.

While I know for a fact alcohol is worse than pot, I am not advocating its legalization for the sole intent of potheads or for using it myself. The fact of the matter is, the state of Colorado is going to make MILLIONS from regulating its sale and taxing it the same as they do cigarettes and alcohol. SO much space will be opening up in jails and prisons to be able to house the DANGEROUS criminals that NEED to be there and keep them there longer! It also means that little Johnny won't have to be without his daddy or have his college saving drained due to fines when daddy gets caught smoking a joint behind the bar after work.
Get OVER it!
United in faith wrote:
<you go ask any doctor if drugs are good for you.
and then you listen closely to what they tell you.
Duh Patty... But you forget... MEDICINAL marijuana was ALREADY legal in Colorado and several other states as well. MEDICINAL, Patty, what does that tell you?
When was the last time someone was prescribed a bottle of whiskey or a line of Coke?
United in faith wrote:
<i don't have to boycott liquor stores because where i live there are NONE.
So if you don't care about liquor stores in existance because there aren't any where you live, why do you give a crap about marijuana being legally used half way accross the country from you?

BTW, Patty, you never answered...
I'm asking because I want to know what YOU think, not God. I already know God's reasoning.. do you?...
So go ahead and answer, Patty.
WHAT MAKES homosexuality immoral?
Like murder, incest, rape, theft, adultery, fornication... Why are those things bad, Patty?
Why is homosexuality bad, Patty?
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#11233 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
thats right bert, Mosaic law, the LAW OF MOSES. Exactly as i stated.
No, what you stated was "Mosanic" Law, not "Mosaic" law.
United in faith wrote:
http://www.answers.com/topic/m osaic-law
the only one here perverting scritpures is you....
And yet I know how to refer to it correctly and you don't... Adding extra letters isn't a keyboard typo, Patricia. Neither the "a' or the "i" are close to the "n" you erroneously added.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#11234 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you got LIAREA
No, I don't have your sexually transmitted disease, Patricia.
United in faith wrote:
not all that information was public information
The pastor of your church is indeed available on the internet and thus PUBLIC. The name of the county in which Cincinnati is located is indeed PUBLIC information. The picture of your gravestone is available on the internet so is indeed PUBLIC information. Hamilton County government provides PUBLIC access to various records that are deemed PUBLIC information like marriages so that information is indeed PUBLIC.
United in faith wrote:
when are you going to ever learn that you can not justify wrong doing and make it right.
Since I committed no "wrongdoing", I have nothing to justify, Patricia. Your erroneous perception of reality doesn't change reality no matter how much you whine, kick or scream about it.

Location hidden

#11235 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexuality is a behavior.
you are either a male or a female.
Sex is a behavior, Patty. Sexuality is the existance of sexual awareness and desire inside. It's part of the identity. Simple grammar, Patty. You can't DO sexuality. You CAN DO sex. Sex is a verb. Sexuality is a noun.

G
United in faith wrote:
<od created you with 'design and purpose'.
Which is far more than being some man's play thing simply because he's a man, and far more than reroducing like bunnies.. Wouldn't you agree, patty, since you never had kids and have been single for SOOOOOOO long and all that?
United in faith wrote:
<Sexuality is no more your idenity than the clothes you wear or the car you drive.
But those things are still a reflection of your identity, dummy. You pick clothes based on what you LIKE, right, not just because it's in fashion or someone else likes it. Same with cars.
United in faith wrote:
<There are far to many people in this world who have 'switched teams' as they say in mid stream and then back again.
Far to many people who lived a gay lifestyle then found freedom from it and made a 180 and are happy.
there are far to many documented cases and biographys out there to prove it.
That's not proof of anything more than a bisexual can live exclusively one way OR the other and still be happy.
United in faith wrote:
<there is no gay gene.
and there is no fixed behavior.
you have a mind, and a conscience and free will to choose.
everything we do is a choice.
There is no proof of the existance OR non existance of a "gay gene." But there is evidence pointing in the direction of a genetic root...
Behavior is a choice, patty. WHO WE ARE is not. I CHOOSE to have sexual relationships with women.. Yes. But it's a direct reflection of WHO I am, Patty. Even if I had never had sexual contact with ANYONE in my whole life, I would still be a lesbian. How is that a "behavior?" Attraction is innate and automatic, patty. you're old enough to know this stuff.
United in faith wrote:
<Yes, people are TEMPTED, DRAWN TOWARD things that are not always right.
to much food
alcohal, drugs, tobacco, porn, the occult, cussing, emotional outbursts, not enough food, depression, the list is endless.
Temptation comes in all shapes and forms and disguises.
we choose whom we will serve.
God
or the world.
So just what is so tempting about homosexuality?? I'd really like to know. And if it's SOOOO tempting, how on Earth do so many people CHOOSE heterosexual exclusivity over the "wonderful world of GAY?" LMAO

And how is the world being served by my homosexuality?
Really Patty.... really..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 4 min Tubal Cain 1,981
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 5 min anonymous 56,034
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 17 min jane 200,977
Allowing Blood Donations From Gay Men Could Hel... 38 min Wondering 39
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 49 min MaryanMattie 49,899
Southern Governor Fights Same-Sex Marriage - An... 1 hr KiMare 13
Efforts underway to change GOP on gay marriage 1 hr KiMare 24
Biggest Gay Lies 2 hr steve 2,077
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 6 hr NorCal Native 249
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,288
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 9 hr Frankie Rizzo 890
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••