So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18,015

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Full Story

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11196 Nov 14, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet I'm still here so by your "logic" can't be of the devil. On the other hand, your YELLODOG and Pattiecake58 personas did in fact flee. So again by your "logic" they WERE of the devil.
<quoted text>
No, that's just your mischaracterization of my purpose here.
<quoted text>
And yet you've spent almost the entire past year gorging yourself on my every post. You've claimed to be done with me multiple times and never stop reading (at least what constitutes reading for you) and replying to my posts.
The truth is, Patricia, you have no self control. Your life in the real world is so empty and void, you come to Topix to create drama so you can feed off the attention and indulge your delusions of persecution and adequacy. You're nothing but an attention wh*re.
<quoted text>
Of course I do. But you rarely give me any reason to say anything good to you.
the fact you are still here hammering away with lies and hate is proof you are demonic.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11197 Nov 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, it just determines if you have to break a law to get it or not.
what do you mean,'not really?' where i live you get caught drinking and driving you WILL go to jail.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11198 Nov 14, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm....approval from an imaginary god or recognition under the law.
Yeah...we'll take the law.
you got that right you WILL take the law.
it is appointed unto ALL men to die once and then the judgement.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#11199 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
I disagree. It is not difficult.
http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulf...
Either I'm not being clear, or there's just something I'm not getting.

Most of these "prophecies" are made IN the Bible, and describe other events that ALSO take place IN the Bible. I'm not sure how this counts as "prophecy".

If I were an author writing a book, and a character on page 10 made predictions about events that occur on page 200, I don't know who that would impress (if I were passing my work off as non-fiction). As the author, I would have complete control over all events depicted in the book, and I could falsify, or pre-arrange, anything I wanted.

Considering the number of people who have had their hands in the making of the Bible--kings, popes, scribes, etc (not to mention the number of conflicting versions of the Bible)--I'm not sure how we can consider any of it to be particularly reliable. Any of these people could have altered anything they wanted. The Bible that you read is the Bible that Emperor Constantine and King James have prepared for you.

There were a couple of items on that list which did point to external events, namely numbers 7 and 9. 7 was a common one that Christians like to bring up, the formation of Israel. But the hope of forming that nation has existed for centuries (possibly since this "prediction" was made, if such an event truly occurred). Millions of people have been actively pursuing this goal. This could easily be described as people FORCING this prophecy to "come true". They heard it, they WANTED it to be true, and they worked to make it so. I think I described before, that for a prophecy to be truly predictive, the people who carry it out must have no knowledge OF the prophecy. Anyone can pick a "prophecy", and then do everything in their power to ensure that it is "fulfilled", and call THAT a testament to the power of prediction. If I make a prediction that someone else likes the sound of, it doesn't really mean that I'm psychic just because they run off to carry it out.

Number 9 was the least interesting. The region will become a "barren, uninhabited wasteland"? Well, yeah, it's a desert. It's called the Negev.

And it DOES happen to be inhabited. There are MANY cities within the area. What does this say, when these predictions are WRONG? How can they still be held up as predictions? What about the countless OTHER inconsistencies within the Bible? Differing genealogies of Jesus, differing accounts of what happened at his tomb, differing accounts of how Judas died. The talking animals. The FICTIONAL animals, like dragons, unicorns or satyrs. Do we just ignore those parts?

Taken as a WHOLE, why is this book believable? I just don't see it. It has too many hurdles that cannot be cleared.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11200 Nov 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Nobody has ever died from using pot. Ever. It's that simple.
It should be legalized because we as individuals should determine which drugs we take, not the government. On top of that, drug laws don't stop drug use, they just create a culture of crime around their use. Drug laws make it impossible to regulate drugs for quality.
Pot was made illegal for social reasons, not safety concerns. Aspirin is commonly used for suicide, but it is available without ANY restrictions AFAIK.
I don't know if anything is "perfectly safe".
now just how do you know that NOone has ever been killed due to pot?
you don't know how many people on this planet have been killed due to pot.
drug deals gone bad
car wrecks
suicides
fights
chemical reactions
you have NO way of knowing that.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11201 Nov 14, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Several posts ago, you called someone a fruit - and you have the nerve to speak of tolerance?
sure, i didn't say you couldn't be a fruit.

be as fruity as you like.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11202 Nov 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, can we ignore all of "god's laws", or just that one?
you can't or shouldn't ignor any of them.

Jesus didn't advocate killing someone who rescued his donkey from a ditch on the sabbath now did He?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11203 Nov 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever consider learning about a subject before talking about it?
There were laws against all sorts of private sex acts in the US until 2003 when Lawrence v TX struck them all down.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_laws_in_t...
<quoted text>
But drug laws make the streets more dangerous.
<quoted text>
There are, and should be laws against driving high/drunk.
<quoted text>
Why are you funides such racists? Despite the fact I have a MS in IT, you assume I'm on welfare because I'm a black woman. Sorry, fundie, I make more in an hour than many people make in a day. I don't like go on about it, but I just get sick of your fundies assuming I'm on welfare because I'm a black woman.
please show me the post where i said because someone is black they are on welfare. your being black has nothing to do with what i am saying.
there are lots of white people on welfare.

Sodomy was illegal because it is considered a RISKY and dangerous act.
don't believe me, research it in the medical world.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11204 Nov 14, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. no, no, no - Passing Through didn't invade Patricia's privacy, she volunteered all the information. Would you like me to post links where she revealed her true name, parents' names, education, physical description or date of birth ??..
P.S. You forgot to answer my one burning questions - are you hot?
yes i would, i would like you to post where SHE mentioned her parents names FIRST, and where SHE mentioned a tombstone, and where SHE mentioned her ex's name, and where SHE mentioned a pastors name, and where SHE mentioned any 'trist' with a married man, and where SHE mentioned any of those gossipy lies you fornicated HL.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11205 Nov 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's circular. Using the bible to "prove" the bible.
Next.
<quoted text>
But the majority of Jews don't live in Israel.
Next.
Still waiting for a single prophecy...
if it required me to prove the bible perhaps, but the bible proves itself.

how come you have not been successful at removing the ancient scriptures from the 'solid' position they have ALWAYS held?

if the bible is so easily proven wrong, then by now one of you skeptics and enemies of the Lord should of found a way to discredit and remove the bible and expose it for a fraud so that the world could 'get over it' and worship self and science.

yet there it is, solid, in place, unshakable, and continuing to unfold in detailed prophecy....... history shows it
archaeology backs it up and countless lives prove it.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11206 Nov 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The flu kills more people in the US than AIDS. Are we going against god's perfect plan if we tough something with the flu virus on it?
<quoted text>
You're dodging.
What if someone sneezes on you?
<quoted text>
BS.
thats because people live with Aids for quite awhile before it kills them, while the flu when treated is curable.

and no more folks die from HIV than they do from the flu.
if you don't use good hygene and you pick up the flu then you are reaping what you sow by not using common sense to protect yourself.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11207 Nov 14, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The doctrine of eternal punishment is in perfect harmony with the savagery of the men who made the orthodox creeds. It is in harmony with torture, with flaying alive, and with burnings. The men who burned their fellow-men for a moment, believed that God would burn his enemies forever." Robert Green Ingersoll, "Crumbling Creeds"
you posted that because you have not the first clue what a RIGHTEOUS and HOLY God is.

you posted that because you have no understanding of what it means to be righteous and holy in nature. God can not look upon sin and let it thrive.
Goes against His perfect nature.

hell was created for satan and his followers.
a fit place for the wicked.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11208 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you mean,'not really?' where i live you get caught drinking and driving you WILL go to jail.
Patty, you might want to look into Kentucky law regarding false identity. Here is one site that talks about some US cases of people taking the identity of another online, which was intended to cause harm.

http://www.socialnetworkinglawblog.com/

I think most of these sites do not make it mandatory that one identifies oneself so that the public will know who you are, which I think is fair. However you have disclosed a lot of personal information about yourself over 3 years here, and when questioned about it finally admitted that the information was true.

Now you are posting under another name but claiming you are not that same person. I would think that a pretty strong case could be made, since your posts on this site do hurt people, a lot in some cases, that you are now falsifying your already proven identity in order to keep harassing people who you disapprove of.

Probably rather a weak case of false ID, but the abuse part is easily seen with all of your IDs here. You have repeatedly attacked gays on this site, with up to the tens of thousands of posts all making derogatory comments about gays, which are a protected minority group even under the archaic laws of the USA.

You might want to start thinking about that, because though none of the gay people here may care what you say, I have seen a very strong case developing for a law suit against you for defamation of character. With so much personal litigation going on in the USA, and so many attorneys who are just in law simply to make money on law suites, I suspect getting a suit against you found in favor of the plaintiff would be very simple.

Patty, if I lived in your town, you can be assured that I would have reported you to the government agencies, and seen to it that they followed up my report, and possibly even to the police, for harassment of posters online. I suspect the police would laugh at me, because they would state that those being harassed could easily have left, but at least it might get printed up in the local newspapers and created a bit of public concern there for your behavior.

One thing that I would definitely do if IO lived in RS would be to write a letter to the editor of the local news papers making the public acquainted with the Topix site, and mentioning that anyone who is interested might go on line, and see what their fellow citizens are posting.

That could bring some very unpleasant surprises to you, because I am about 100% certain that there are some people in RS which would be quite upset about how you are presenting their town to the general public.

I can't remember for sure, whether i actually did or just considered it, but I think I did write to a couple Kentucky newspapers a year or so ago about Topix and about the comments being made by certain posters online. Since I don't take any Kentucky newspapers, and I don't follow them online either, I have no knowledge of whether or not they printed my letters.

Over the past 15 years or so though I have had about 10 to 20 letters to the editor printed in a couple local newspapers here. Some were on religious topics. Some were to do with bigotry. Some were about the Hells Angels motorcycle gangs. Some were about smoking. It got to the point that the paper starting contacting me and said they like my letter but could I summarize it because what I had written was too long for the space permitted. After I got established as a regular contributor I never sent in a letter to the editor that wasn't printed.

Some of my letters got some pretty nasty letters printed about me too, and one got a phone call from someone who had found my telephone number in the phonebook, as you have to print your name and city. But he called me to thank me for what I had written, because he said he agreed with what I had said.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11209 Nov 14, 2012
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you asked when the government EVER regulated what kind of sex someone had in their home, here's an obliging answer for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_laws_in_t...
Sodomy laws in the United States, which outlawed a variety of sexual acts, were historically universal. While they often targeted sexual acts between persons of the same sex[citation needed], many statutes employed definitions broad enough to outlaw certain sexual acts between persons of different sexes as well, sometimes even acts between married persons.
Through the 20th century, the gradual liberalization of American sexual mores led to the elimination of sodomy laws in most states. During this time, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of sodomy laws in Bowers v. Hardwick in 1986. However, in 2003 the Supreme Court reversed the decision with Lawrence v. Texas, invalidating sodomy laws in the remaining fourteen states (Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Virginia).
Glad to be of service, Patricia.
(Footnote: Sodomy can be either oral or anal, and same or opposite sex.)
Sodomy is anal sex.
and it is wrong on every level.
and a very big health risk.
instead of calling me a liar ...go discuss it with a physcian.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11210 Nov 14, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. are you sure you're not Patricia? I mean, you wouldn't fib, would you ??..
.. don't mean to question your honesty but Ms. Hadley always said, "the Bible says homosexuality is wrong. I believe God, case closed." Basically, you said the same thing ..
.. can we count on you NOT to link pedophilia, bestiality or incest to homosexuality ??..
.. can we count on you NOT to call gays immoral abominations ??..
.. can we count on you to critique gay bigots, to point out posts that defile their very humanity ??..
.. can we count on you NOT to indulge in name calling when you're angry ??..
.. if so, welcome! Gays need all the support they can get ..
P.S. Can you please post your physical measurements?
I am POSITIVE i am not pattiecake.

can i count on you not to pry into my personal life?

Location hidden

#11211 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
yes i would, i would like you to post where SHE mentioned her parents names FIRST, and where SHE mentioned a tombstone, and where SHE mentioned her ex's name, and where SHE mentioned a pastors name, and where SHE mentioned any 'trist' with a married man, and where SHE mentioned any of those gossipy lies you fornicated HL.
Patty posted well over 50,000 posts on Topix. How could you know what she posted and which came first of each of those posts?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11212 Nov 14, 2012
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
At the time I typed that post, I made an error as to the correct date of that post; I stand corrected, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY SATURDAY THE 17TH, YOU SCUMBAG ABOUT TO TURN 58-YEAR OLD BROKEN DOWN REFORMED WHORE.
It's hard to imagine how someone with your level of stupidity survived so long.
Oh! I forgot, you're still mooching off good ol' Mom.
if you say so, but i don't appreciate you trying to make me another year older twice in one year.

my mom is not alive.
you are such a kind person.

Location hidden

#11213 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
thats because people live with Aids for quite awhile before it kills them, while the flu when treated is curable.
and no more folks die from HIV than they do from the flu.
if you don't use good hygene and you pick up the flu then you are reaping what you sow by not using common sense to protect yourself.
The flu is not curable, UIF. Sometimes people will get secondary bacteria infections which can be cured, but the colds and the flus have to run their course. You can only get meds to relieve some of the symptoms. Once you have had a cold or a flu though, you are usually immune to getting the same one again, because your body builds up an immunity to it. However since there are so many different strains, and the existing ones keep mutating, there are always some that people will catch. They now have vaccinations that are being given each year for some of those expected to be particularly bad in any one year, but that is pretty hit and miss too.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#11214 Nov 14, 2012
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to ask, are you doing anything exciting Saturday the 17th, like going out to the cemetery to visit your gravemarker?
why are you going to be hiding behind a tomb stone so you can jump out and throw fairy dust on pattiecake? Ha Ha Ha!

actually i plan to be helping a good friend strip tobacco.
you wouldn't like it, its work.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#11215 Nov 14, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you got that right you WILL take the law.
it is appointed unto ALL men to die once and then the judgement.
You know that in this day and age some people can die more than once, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happily ever after? Charges reduced to one year... 54 min david traversa 1
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr nefeli 27,030
Gay marriage comes to Missouri. Wait ... what? 2 hr jolya 102
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 3 hr Brian_G 4,288
Trying to marry my fiance but its a struggle. 4 hr OneDayMarried 1
Same-sex unions outdo civil ones - women the le... 4 hr Fa-Foxy 2
Religious freedom bill coming to Indiana 5 hr Fa-Foxy 13
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 5,308
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 hr Rick in Kansas 3,128
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 9 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,616