So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18008 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Ron Myers

Saint Louis, MO

#76 Aug 19, 2012
I don't hate anyone...at all. However as a member of the catholic church I am labeled as intolerant, ignorant, and oppressive. Simply because I do not agree with homosexuality. It seems the people who march for tolerance and generally the first to be intolerant of anyone who doesn't agree with them.
Wasp

Kent, OH

#77 Aug 19, 2012
The fear is, the rath of Gods judgement on America.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#78 Aug 19, 2012
Ron Myers wrote:
I don't hate anyone...at all. However as a member of the catholic church I am labeled as intolerant, ignorant, and oppressive. Simply because I do not agree with homosexuality. It seems the people who march for tolerance and generally the first to be intolerant of anyone who doesn't agree with them.
What don't you agree with? There are many points withing the subject. Saying you don't agree with homosexuality is like saying you don't agree with population. WHAT don't you agree with?
Then we will be able to tell whether your views are hateful or not, according to the dictionary.
Wall of Separation

Alpharetta, GA

#79 Aug 19, 2012
Ron Myers wrote:
I don't hate anyone...at all. However as a member of the catholic church I am labeled as intolerant, ignorant, and oppressive. Simply because I do not agree with homosexuality. It seems the people who march for tolerance and generally the first to be intolerant of anyone who doesn't agree with them.
Its 'ok' to disagree
.
Its 'not ok' to push your religious beliefs on non-catholics
.
Its 'not ok' to vote against the civil rights of non-catholics
Ron Myers

Saint Louis, MO

#80 Aug 19, 2012
I don't believe what they do is right in the eyes of a lord I choose to serve. I think in this great nation I am entitled to believe what I want. They can get married and screw eachother silly all they want. No one has to answer to me. But as soon as the subject comes up in conversation and I speak my opinion I am generally viewed as a nothing less than a devil.
Uve

Indio, CA

#81 Aug 19, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you agree with? There are many points withing the subject. Saying you don't agree with homosexuality is like saying you don't agree with population. WHAT don't you agree with?
Then we will be able to tell whether your views are hateful or not, according to the dictionary.
He's Catholic, He's not allowed to think.
Uve

Indio, CA

#82 Aug 19, 2012
Wasp wrote:
The fear is, the rath of Gods judgement on America.
It's spelled W_R_A_T_H.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#83 Aug 19, 2012
Ron Myers wrote:
I don't believe what they do is right in the eyes of a lord I choose to serve. I think in this great nation I am entitled to believe what I want. They can get married and screw eachother silly all they want. No one has to answer to me. But as soon as the subject comes up in conversation and I speak my opinion I am generally viewed as a nothing less than a devil.
Well then, at least to me, I don't find you hateful.
You are not presenting "extreme dislike/hostility/aversion " as the definition goes. You are not imposing your beliefs on anyone, you let everyone have their own beliefs, therefore you are not impeding on anyone's rights. You have the right to your own beliefs too, even though I do not have the same beliefs, i respect your right to have them.
Am I safe to assume, from your comments so far on this thread, that you go by Jesus's teachings of love for everyone? If so, then bravo, you are one of the few on this site who are a real follower of your religion, for there is a commandment which says to love thy neighbor.
I assure you, I am in no way being sarcastic or patronizing and I am sorry if any bit of my comment makes it seem like I am doing so.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#84 Aug 19, 2012
Ron Myers wrote:
I don't believe what they do is right in the eyes of a lord I choose to serve. I think in this great nation I am entitled to believe what I want. They can get married and screw eachother silly all they want. No one has to answer to me. But as soon as the subject comes up in conversation and I speak my opinion I am generally viewed as a nothing less than a devil.
This is because flaunting your religion is strictly taboo
.
The words of Jesus (red letters) Let's take a look:
.
Matthew 6:5> "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward."
.
Matthew 6:6> "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

“Don't be afraid of my Freedom”

Since: Sep 09

or your own

#85 Aug 19, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree.

And one of the most powerful of those hate groups is the Roman Catholic Church.
And the Mormon church.
Ron Myers

Marquand, MO

#86 Aug 19, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>He's Catholic, He's not allowed to think.
"Uve" For the record I think an awful lot. If that makes me a bad catholic then I guess that's what I am. I'm not here to judge, but I'm also very stern about forming my own opinion about what I believe. Should gays have the same rights as I do? You betcha! I also think those that reject Christ will be turned away from the gates of heaven at the final judgement. Not all gays go to hell, just those who can't differentiate hate and religious belief.
Ron Myers

Marquand, MO

#87 Aug 19, 2012
I know that comes across as somewhat harsh. I am a tolerant man. My lord however is not.
Uve

Indio, CA

#88 Aug 19, 2012
Ron Myers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Uve" For the record I think an awful lot. If that makes me a bad catholic then I guess that's what I am. I'm not here to judge, but I'm also very stern about forming my own opinion about what I believe. Should gays have the same rights as I do? You betcha! I also think those that reject Christ will be turned away from the gates of heaven at the final judgement. Not all gays go to hell, just those who can't differentiate hate and religious belief.
Well then your a different breed than most that are on here. I'm not rejecting your beliefs, your entitled to have them, but when I see things like the FRC starts donating money to Uganda for the 'kill the gays' bill and 'chick o fil a' donates money to the FRC, one wonders what those beliefs actually are.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#89 Aug 19, 2012
Ron Myers wrote:
I know that comes across as somewhat harsh. I am a tolerant man. My lord however is not.
He is the most tolerant of all, since He created us with so many wildly different characteristics, temperaments, physical and mental traits. As long as we follow the two great commandments, we are His, regardless of our differences.

And, yes. Some of us He chose to give only the attraction to the same gender. Only He knows why. But I don't believe He intends us to suffer the way we do at the hands of those who call themselves His followers, though.

He did not, however, dictate what we must do with our lives, but allows us the same free will to choose.

Fortunately He blesses us in all of the same ways he blesses others, including sending us soul-mates as help-mates in this life, and granting us wonderful lives and families.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#90 Aug 19, 2012
Ron Myers wrote:
<quoted text>
.......I also think those that reject Christ will be turned away from the gates of heaven at the final judgement. Not all gays go to hell, just those who can't differentiate hate and religious belief.
I don't think you understand how it works for many gay folks.

In the name of religious belief, many gay people were tossed out of their homes and abandoned by their families for a God-given natural trait they did not choose and cannot change.

Some have been harassed, fired, evicted, bullied, and even assaulted by
"believers".

We hear preachers and Popes condemn us with outright lies from the pulpit and on TV, and religious people swarm every election season to vote to DIRECTLY harm our families, often believing the most vicious and insidious lies from commercials paid for by religious groups.

For a great many gay folks, there is nothing at all winsome, loving, or attractive about religion. To them, it ONLY causes pain and harm. Because that's all that has EVER been shown to them by those claiming to know God's will.

It is a toss-up just who will be condemned to hell, don't you think?

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#91 Aug 19, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand how it works for many gay folks.
In the name of religious belief, many gay people were tossed out of their homes and abandoned by their families for a God-given natural trait they did not choose and cannot change.
Some have been harassed, fired, evicted, bullied, and even assaulted by
"believers".
We hear preachers and Popes condemn us with outright lies from the pulpit and on TV, and religious people swarm every election season to vote to DIRECTLY harm our families, often believing the most vicious and insidious lies from commercials paid for by religious groups.
For a great many gay folks, there is nothing at all winsome, loving, or attractive about religion. To them, it ONLY causes pain and harm. Because that's all that has EVER been shown to them by those claiming to know God's will.
It is a toss-up just who will be condemned to hell, don't you think?
I agree. Good post.
pogue mahone

Hilton Head Island, SC

#92 Aug 19, 2012
Three things scare me. Nuclear war, disordered homosexuals, and carnies. In that order. The latter are like, you know....circus people. Nomads. Small hands. Smell like cabbage. The former are equally destructive and a threat to any normal person's security.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#93 Aug 19, 2012
pogue mahone wrote:
Three things scare me. Nuclear war, disordered homosexuals, and carnies. In that order. The latter are like, you know....circus people. Nomads. Small hands. Smell like cabbage. The former are equally destructive and a threat to any normal person's security.
Three things scare me. People from the South, people from the South, and people from the South.

Your post shows why.

Since: Jan 12

Huntington, WV

#94 Aug 19, 2012
It shakes up the ideas about how men, superior to women of course, are supposed to think and act. Gay men prove all that unnecessary and are often superior in success and character.
Guest

Brookland, AR

#95 Aug 19, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, loose morals among straight folks are caused by gay people marrying and forming families? Working? Going to school?
Really?
You fail to realize what I was talking about. I mean that most Americans don't care what life style you live as long as it does not interfere with there home. Live and let live. I hope both sides understand that one day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 min Left of centre 40,272
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Frankie Rizzo 18,295
Is the U.S a free country or not?.. 58 min Left of centre 2
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr Left of centre 11,707
News 10 Reasons Why You Should Help Fight Biphobia i... 1 hr Trump s Birtherex... 36
Come out of the closet... 2 hr Left of centre 6
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 2 hr guest 259
News Transgender stories: when you are born in the w... 2 hr Left of centre 20
So whips the forum sniveler?.. 5 hr Left of centre 6
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 6 hr Left of centre 68,990
More from around the web