So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 20 comments on the Aug 17, 2012, lezgetreal.com story titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6817 Oct 15, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, who is "If You"?
Second, we've already established that that's not what we're talking about. Please try to stay on subject, or at least bring new arguments to the table that we haven't proved wrong time and time again.
LMAO

"If You" = Kmart lesbo/Pollyanna's sad attempt at creative writing... I've noticed it likes to use it's own prose with fancy words to explain its opposition to homosexuality in an attempt to confuse all of us silly stupid homos.

Little does it know we can RIGHT through its transparent fancy words to what they really mean: absolutely NOTHING. Have of its drivel doesn't even make sense.

Half the time I think it just copies and pastes its own posts.

Location hidden

#6818 Oct 15, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're against tall people marrying short people?
You're against fat people marrying skinny people?
You're against people of different colour marrying each other?
It likes human fruit. creepy.

Give it a lemon.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6819 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
lawsey girl, are you seriously asking me that?
i'm not a murderer or a theif or an adulter or a fornicator or a drug addict or a drunk either, BUT I KNOW IT IS WRONG.
and i know why it is wrong.
you don't have to be gay to KNOW that same sex IS NOT RIGHT.
it is not as GOD designed
it is not natural
it is not productive
it is not even logically, emotionally or physically correct
THE PARTS DON'T FIT.
you need to re-connect your moral compass PLH.
no, actually you need to GET WITH GOD on the issue and understand it from HIS word, not anyone elses.
Patty, you time out has expired, I see you have not learned your lesson and instead screamed like a banshee.

Answer the following:
1. How are gay individuals not god-designed if everyone is made in his image?
2. Homosexuality is natural for it occurs in nature, what definition of "natural" are you looking at?

And you know zip, nada, and nothing about logic, so how would you know it's not logical?
On top of that, pure fact seems to disagree with you on all the above, otherwise gay people would not be able to find love or have sex.

Location hidden

#6820 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
this was answered most sufficently, YOU just didn't like the answer.
those things are wrong because YOUR MAKER, YOUR CREATOR GOD says they are immoral and wrong.
and that dear poster IS SUFFICENT.
if GOD says it, it has been settled.
I feel sorry for your brain... Sitting there is that petri dish unused all these years...

That's not an answer, you sorry sad sack of stupid.

I'm asking you to actually use your BRAIN and answer them without the same ol' "The bible says the bible says.. bs."

You cannot use the Bible as a cop out for everything you don't like. you can't answer these questions because you know as soon as you get to the last one, "what makes homosexuality immoral" you have no answer without referencing your religoius beleifs.
Which I specifically asked you all to disregard when answering these questions.

If you need a book to tell you how to live your life, you really are stupid. And I'm not just saying that to be mean. It's a blatant fact that if you cannot think for yourself at any point during any given day, your brain is either not intact, or not functioning.

You don't have kids do you? I'm so glad!

Location hidden

#6821 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
well now mr. rudeness, I HAVE TAKEN MANY bible courses over the course of my life time.
and when you IMPLY the catholics EDITED scritpures, meaning they changed the word of GOD, i would not only protest such error on your part i would CAUTION you about giving man more credit and power than GOD.
THE bible was put in order according to the timeline each book was written.
THE GOSPELS, are the eye wittness testimonys of the DISCIPLES one on one life experiences with the Messiah.
THE apistles and apostles are letters written to the churches, and teachings of the LATTER apostles based upon the OT hebrew scriptures.
what does JOHN tell you about the reason not every writting concerning Christ could be compiled into one book?
John 21:25
"and there are also many OTHER things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could NOT contain the books that would be written. Amen."
and what DOES GOD HIMSELF say about HIS word that HE gave to HIS chosen prophets?
Isaiah 55:11
"So shall MY word be that goes forth from MY mouth; It shall NOT return to Me void, but it SHALL accomplish what I please, and it SHALL prosper in the thing for which I sent it."
adding to or taking away from any part of the bible WILL be a fatal error to the one who does it.
you either TRUST the self fulfilling word of GOD, or you don't.
its that simple.
you don't mix mans words with GOD'S words.
that never washes out clean.
"Twinkies are good for you!"

"How do you know?"

"It says on the box!"

Location hidden

#6822 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
how WRONG you are.
morality is not subjective.
anotherwords if something is moral TO YOU
and to someone else it is IMMORAL, then in reality
what you are implying is that there is no such thing as morality at all.....because something can not be BOTH right and wrong at the same time.
thats why thre is a ULTIMATE MORAL CODE implanted by the Creator for HIS creation.
you run into trouble because you don't acknowledge GOD.
so you think morality is up to the individual, making it nothing more than free will choice to do what you want to do.
not subscribe to a MORAL CODE by your creator.
another words? lol Oh gosh...
You understand NOTHING, do you?
The point I was trying to make is that the implanted moral code is our common sense.
And when someone thinks something is wrong, and another thinks it's okay, we use that COMPASS called common sense to determine WHAT makes that something wrong in the first place. And if it doesn't fit the criteria, it nothing more than bias.
Name one other immoral thing that is commonly thought to be wrong by some and okay by others, besided homosexuality.
And ask yourself this?
Is homosexuality deceitful to any parties involved or near?
Is homosexuality physically or emotionally harmful to any parties invovled or near?
Is homosexuality disrespectful to any parties involved or near?
These seem to be the reoccuring criteria for sin.... But homosexuality doesn't fit the bill.
Why?
Oh, and when you answer, please don't preach. We are all fully capable of reading the Bible ourselves. I expect you to THINK, not RECITE from memory.
Think you can do that?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6823 Oct 15, 2012
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were not true that gay adults at not attracted to the idea of introducing teenagers to gay sex, then why does NAMBLA even exist. Don't tell me they have been run out of business. I just saw their web page copyrighted 2012. As for Satan, perhaps you should talk to Lililth, Satan's Whore about that.
Pretty sure he was -- and that at this very moment, I am too.

Heterosexuals are 5 times more likely to be either pedophiles or rapists, than homosexuals are.

Facts matter.

Location hidden

#6824 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
that is not what curtis was saying at all
he was telling you that if people were born with a TENDENCY to steal why isn't that TENDENCY or DESIRE to do that accepted, like your TENDENCY or DESIRE to be gay is accepted?
ah ah ah, cowpatty...

We've already been over this. Homosexuality is not a behavior.. therefore, not a tendency or desire.
It is an identity. Sexuality is part of our humanity.

Is heterosexuality a tendency or desire? Do tell.

Location hidden

#6826 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
if ONLY 30% of gay men engage in anal sex, then what is left for them? PETTING? HAHAHAHAHAHAA
who do you think you are trying to kid here?
statics show that gay men have about a 10 yr shorter life span than heterosexual men do.
you people are in such denial.
Denial of what?

And I'm sorry that your sole definition of making love penile insertion.

You are truly TRULY missing out.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6827 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
that didn't even make sense.
1. I am not married
2. what would make someones husband UNLUCKY if 2 gay men didn't
engage in anal sex?
3. you avoided the point. gay men can ONLY have anal sex..since
they don't have vagina's.
anything else would simply be petting or oral.
which is STILL against God's design.
You're so close to figuring it out, rocket scientist...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6828 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
the word of GOD does not endorse same sex marriage.
you might read the letter written to the 7 churches in Revelation
GOD does not now, nor ever has endorsed homosexuality.
from the begining HE called it shameful and error and an abomination in the OT laws.
it was repeated thru out the NT in Romans and Cor.
there are a few churches today who are endorsing it, but that is in direct contridiction to the bible.
i believe that is what GOD calls as the APOSTATE church.
what did GOD say about the church of "Thyatira" in Rev 2?
HE said He had this AGAINST THEM, that they were allowing sexual immorality to be committed amoung them.
...and your imaginary god matters why, exactly?

Location hidden

#6829 Oct 15, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an amazing mother. My mother is pretty religious as well, just not the church goer. My mother talks often of something Jesus said about how one can worship God anywhere, that's why she doesn't go to church.
On top of that, supposedly according to the Dead Sea Scrolls that my mom went to see in a museum, jesus said something interesting that might regard other religions. "My father's house contains many rooms." Some other stuff was said, but I can't remember what she said...though she believes that saying means that all the other gods that people worship are just other forms of God.
This is how my mother believes everyone should look at other religions, for their religion therefore is just as right as hers, and they're all about the same God. It's an interesting look on it all.
I know it's slightly off topic, but whatever.
I agree with your mom as well. What's the saying... "turn over a stone, and I am there... " Some of the most spiritual moments I've had with the Lord were while taking nature walks by myself. Why should we look for God in something constructed by man? Shouldn't we look for Him in His ultimate creation- nature?
I love the Lord but I dislike organized religion for so many reasons.

Thank you for the compliment about my mom. She is an amazing person and I am a thousand times blessed to be her daughter. She loves her church, but she still beleives nature and private prayer are the best ways to communicate with God. Just walk outside and look at the beauty he has given us to live in- He is there. Listen to the beauty of the song birds in the early moring- He is there. Smell the aroma of pine in the mountains- He is there.

My mom's favorite scriptures are all about trusting in the Lord, serving your fellow man, rejoicing in what he has given us and giving Him all the glory for our blessings.
There is one quote that she had framed in her office that I keep referring to because it rings so true:

Psalm 118:8
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.

Location hidden

#6830 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
lawsey girl, are you seriously asking me that?
i'm not a murderer or a theif or an adulter or a fornicator or a drug addict or a drunk either, BUT I KNOW IT IS WRONG.
and i know why it is wrong.
You also don't know what it's like to BE any of those things so don't act like you do.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<you don't have to be gay to KNOW that same sex IS NOT RIGHT.
How is it not right? not right for you, maybe, but definitely right for me. How does a homosexual identity fit the sin criteria? God's disapproval aside, what makes murder, stealing, adultery, fornication, or addiction immoral?
Does homosexuality fit that criteria?
NO.
So what is it? No using God and your bible as a cop out.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<it is not as GOD designed
au contraire! It is just as He intended, homos with their own gender and heteros with opposite gender.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<it is not natural
Oh but it is. "Natural," meaning "occurs in nature"... do we really have to go there again?
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<it is not productive
I suppose if sex were for nothing but reproducing, but we all know that's not true. Sex rarely results in children EVERY time, so would you call those "unsuccessful" love making sessions non productive? i wouldn't. Making love is making love and is generally done as an expression of.... you got it, LOVE!
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<it is not even logically, emotionally or physically correct
For, you, yes that's apparent. How can you tell ANYONE else what is emotionally correct for them? Don't be jealous that I have a successful, loving and emotionally and physically fulfilling marriage and YOURS FAILED.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<THE PARTS DON'T FIT.
Oh, but they do, cowpatty, they fit SO well..:)
If your sole ideal of love making is penile insertion, you are MISSING OUT. Oh, and naive and immature.
BTW, a penis is NOT required to make love to a woman.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<you need to re-connect your moral compass PLH.
no, actually you need to GET WITH GOD on the issue and understand it from HIS word, not anyone elses.
I would urge you to do the same.
Stop alienating His children and let them live as He intended. Who are you to put words in God's mouth?

Location hidden

#6831 Oct 15, 2012
AscendedFalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Early churches endorsed same sex marriage.
http://www.gaychristian101.com/Gay-Marriage.h...
Indeed..

Has anyone read the book of Ruth in the Bible?
Cowpatty?
A story of love so pure and devoted that the vows spoken between the couple are often used in heterosexual marriage ceremonies.

A love story of 2 women.

Location hidden

#6832 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
don't blame me if you are biblically ignorant.
the proof is in the PERFECT and ETERNAL scriptures.
"Paul a BONDSERVANT OF JESUS CHRIST, called to be an Apostle, seperated TO the Gospel of GOD." Romans 1:1
"PAUL, CALLED to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of GOD, and sosthenes our brother." 1 Cor 1:1
"Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ BY THE WILL OF GOD, and Timothy our brother." 2 Cor 1:1
same with Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Thessalonians.
Timothy.. "The first Epistle of Paul the apostle to Timothy."
"James a BONDSERVANT OF GOD and of the Lord Jesus Christ..."
James 1:1
"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ." Peter 1:1
"Jude a bondservant of Jesus Christ and brother of James." Jude 1:1
the ONLY proof required IS the word of GOD itself.
You should borrow my 1610 KJV of the Bible.

You'd be ASTONISHED at how much has been changed JUST in the last 400 years alone!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6833 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>the word of GOD does not endorse same sex marriage.

from the begining HE called it shameful and error and an abomination in the OT laws.

there are a few churches today who are endorsing it, but that is in direct contridiction to the bible.

HE said He had this AGAINST THEM, that they were allowing sexual immorality to be committed amoung them.
The word homosexual was not even coined until 1869. This proves that the bible was rewritten to suit the needs of those writing it.

Leviticus was a hygiene book that only pertained to Hebrew priests in the desert before the time of Christ.

Corinthians, Romans and Timothy were all originally referring to the rape and abuse of young boys by older men, as was common in ancient greek and roman culture.

None of it is relevant in today's society.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6834 Oct 15, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your mom as well. What's the saying... "turn over a stone, and I am there... " Some of the most spiritual moments I've had with the Lord were while taking nature walks by myself. Why should we look for God in something constructed by man? Shouldn't we look for Him in His ultimate creation- nature?
I love the Lord but I dislike organized religion for so many reasons.
Thank you for the compliment about my mom. She is an amazing person and I am a thousand times blessed to be her daughter. She loves her church, but she still beleives nature and private prayer are the best ways to communicate with God. Just walk outside and look at the beauty he has given us to live in- He is there. Listen to the beauty of the song birds in the early moring- He is there. Smell the aroma of pine in the mountains- He is there.
My mom's favorite scriptures are all about trusting in the Lord, serving your fellow man, rejoicing in what he has given us and giving Him all the glory for our blessings.
There is one quote that she had framed in her office that I keep referring to because it rings so true:
Psalm 118:8
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.
Though I appreciate your thoughts on the subject, without organized religion the idea of the myth of a god would not exist. The myth requires some organization in order to be perpetuated.

People are not born, and go into the world with an empty mind, and suddenly see God in everything there is to see. They see God in these things because they are programmed that these things represent God, and they are programmed by the previous generations, who were also programmed, back to the time when the first man or men came up with the concept of a god.

If I was still a believer in a god, I would agree with you that you don't need to be involved with a church to believe and to appreciate the beauty of 'His' creation. The problem with that now is that I don't believe there is a 'His creation' simply because the facts that man does know, don't add up to the beliefs that believers hold.

I appreciate and see the beauty in the same things that you see God in, but I don't see God, I just see what my brain makes me feel good about. We have a natural attraction, I think, to beauty, and we see certain things as being beautiful, or feel beautiful, because they appeal to our senses.

One man's proof of God, for example, beautiful big waves on an ocean, could be another man's horror, as the waves in Margarita were to me in 2010, when they almost drowned me.

Today I see lightning as a beautiful thing, whereas when I was a child I was terrified by lightning. In times past, humans thought lightning was God, whereas we know today exactly what lightning is, and it requires no entity to make it happen, other than the combination of natural factors. All of these factors are a by-product of the energy from the Sun, and the effect of that energy on the environment around us.

Though on an individual basis it is quite okay to have your own personal belief in a god, and not get involved with a religion, as I said, without the organized religion, that belief will not continue through the generations.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6835 Oct 15, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>the word of GOD does not endorse same sex marriage.

I think what you mean to say is, god doesn't approve of same-sex sexual relations. Because even if you can use the twisted, rewritten bible of today to justify that, I don't think it condemns the act of marriage specifically for gays. Quote it if I'm wrong.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#6836 Oct 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Giving your opinion it's deserved weight, most people find harming another person under any condition immoral. And someone who excuses that as doubly so.
"Under any condition" lends extremism to the debate, and makes it unrealistic for application to the real world.

As I said before, morality considers harm, but only harm that is "undeserved" and "unwanted".

Some harm is "deserved", and is therefore moral to inflict. Putting a man into a cage for 20 years would be harmful and immoral. But putting him into a cage because he killed someone else, is considered a moral punishment. Shooting someone is harmful and immoral, but shooting them in self-defense, or in defense of someone else, is a moral action. So, I don't think that you would oppose harming another person "under any condition". There ARE conditions where inflicting harm is moral.

Likewise for harm that is "wanted". As in the example of masochists. If that's what they like, if that's what they want, it's moral to harm them. As long as they're in a mutually agreed upon setting, this kind of harm is not immoral.

However, if you're trying to apply the word "harm" to a consenting homosexual relationship, I don't see it. I'm not harmed by my partner, and he's not harmed by me. You can't just arbitrarily label our relationship as "harmful", simply because it isn't something YOU would want to be involved in.
KiMare wrote:
Within the debate of sexuality is always the tension between nature and nurture. Most believe it is a mix of the two. The article explains key elements of puberty 'burning'(my term in reference) new paths. Do outside forces also influence? Most people involved in sexuality issues think so.
I copied and pasted that article into a Word program, hoping to print it out for later reading. It came to more than FORTY pages. So, sorry, but I'm not putting myself through it. Certainly not if it's inconclusive to any point.

I knew I was sexually interested in men long before my first actual encounter with another male. Shoot, considering the saturation of the objectification of females in our culture, it should seem like this kind of exposure would make EVERYONE sexually attracted to women, regardless of their own gender.

This doesn't happen. Some people who are molested, whether they are male or female, and whether they were MOLESTED by a male or female, may grow up to be homosexual. The same is true for people who were NEVER molested. There isn't even a correlation to help lead to causation. There may be some argument to be made which suggests that each of our individual "fetishes" or sexual interests can be traced to early activities, but not for something so drastically all-encompassing as sexual orientation.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

#6838 Oct 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News is the most watched news because it is the most fair and balanced.
That is simply reality.
You prove your denial again.
Poor boy...you've heard the phrase "fair and balanced" so much, you actually believe that crock of spit.

Ever hear twins speak at the same time and it sounds super-creepy? That's what it sounds like when FoxNews viewers repeat, word-for-word, every little sound-bite and phrase that melts your brain to mush. YOU'RE BRAINWASHED. WAKE UP!

Any crook can say they're moral. It doesn't make them so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 26 min Wall 8
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 38 min RevKen 32,026
News Same-sex marriage pioneer among lawyers for hig... 1 hr Belle Sexton 13
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Belle Sexton 59,292
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 2 hr Belle Sexton 2,778
NE Jade - low life or What? 2 hr Blonde Queer 1
News Now out, Bruce Jenner shines spotlight on trans... 2 hr Belle Sexton 8
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 2 hr Belle Sexton 51
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 3 hr Brian_G 1,190
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 3 hr PackRat 2,055
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Rick in Kansas 19,636
Are the mods fair and balanced? 4 hr Rick in Kansas 652
More from around the web