So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Comments (Page 312)

Showing posts 6,221 - 6,240 of18,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>OK
This?
Being united by common principles and engaging in united action, we will achieve the following goals:
DIGNITY AND EQUALITY. Every lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender person has inherent dignity and worth, and has the right to live free of discrimination and harassment.
FAMILY. Every LGBT person has the right to a family without legal barriers to immigration, civil marriage or raising children.
ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY. Every LGBT person has the right to economic opportunity free from discrimination in employment, public housing, accommodation, public utilities, credit, and federally funded programs and activities.
EDUCATION. Every LGBT child and youth has the right to an education that is affirming, inclusive and free from bullying.
NATIONAL SECURITY. Every LGBT person should have the opportunity to serve our country openly and equally in our military and foreign service.
CRIME. Every LGBT person should enjoy life protected against bias crimes.
HEALTH CARE. Every person should have access to affordable, high quality, and culturally competent health care without discrimination.
CALL TO ACTION
We demand that government officials act now to achieve full civil rights without delay.
Our organizations and individuals need to develop a collaborative and revolutionary new organizing model that mobilizes millions of supporters through emerging web and phone technologies.
All LGBT individuals must accept personal responsibility to do everything within their power for equality and should get involved in the movement by volunteering, giving and being out.
We will hold elected officials and our organizations accountable for being transparent and achieving full civil rights by active participation when possible and active opposition when necessary.
Our allies need to be proactive in public support for full civil rights.
Every government measure that quantifies the US citizenry must permit LGBT individuals to self-identify and be counted in every way citizens are counted.
We demand that the media present LGBT lives in fair, accurate and objective ways that neither include nor give credence to unsubstantiated, discriminatory claims and opinions
http://www.actonprinciples.org/the-dallas-pri...
Yes, I knew that one.

My main rule: "Leave people alone unless they're doing damage".

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Curtis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a problem with that. I'm talking about stealing. Some people are born with a propensity to steal. It's the same thing. I don't think people should have a problem with that either. A person can't help it if he's born with certain inclinations. It's all in the genes.
You obviously don't actually mean that. I'm not in the market to buy manure so please stop trying to sell it to me.

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

clbraz78 wrote:
So is it okay to say gays? I'm so confused. I would think that wasn't what they would prefer. Just curious.
Gay means "happy." Why would they go by something else?

DNF

“A seat at the family table”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I knew that one.
My main rule: "Leave people alone unless they're doing damage".
sounds to me like you have a well labeled moral compass.

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't actually mean that. I'm not in the market to buy manure so please stop trying to sell it to me.
"I'm not in the market to buy manure so please stop trying to sell it to me."

Love it.
Big red heart.

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm not in the market to buy manure so please stop trying to sell it to me."
Love it.
Big red heart.
That one's from my grandma.

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
That one's from my grandma.
One of my favorite poster's here (and a good teacher) had this one:

"Don't try to teach your Grandma how to suck eggs!"

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue your gay twirl. Anal sex is one of numerous issues I address. Remember these;
If you
believe denying marriage to a relationship
will prevent love
If you
demand any committed relationship
has to be called marriage
If you
claim rights and benefits can only be acquired
by a imposition on marriage
If you
equate the diversity of two genders
with the redundancy of same genders
If you
desecrate the sacred tradition of all major religions
and violate the historic practice of every single culture in history
If you
believe a fundamental change to the building block of society
will have absolutely no affect
If you
think a law can change
the reality of crucial distinctions in relationships
If you
pretend duplicating sexuality
is the same as blending masculinity and femininity
If you
condemn some children to parents of only one gender
and deliberately deny some children one natural parent
If you
ignore the design of sexual union
to manipulate a harmful act
If you
violate evolution's law of reproduction
to equate a genetic dead end
If you
risk the healthiest human relationship
to include one of the unhealthiest
If you
parallel the sole birthplace of every other relationship
with one that can reproduce none
If you
dilute all these things
down to just 'a committed relationship of two people'
Then, and only then, can you equate same-sex unions with marriage.
A lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

If you oppose gay marriages you are a homophobe and that is a mental illness, and if acted upon can also be a criminal act.

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of words to say absolutely nothing.
If you oppose gay marriages you are a homophobe and that is a mental illness, and if acted upon can also be a criminal act.
Though I agree with your assessment of KiMare I would ask you to be patient with Him/Her.

They may be trying to remember the questions they asked that they claimed none of us answered.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Dune"???
*helpless laughter*
That little mantram is the most useful thing from that book.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>sounds to me like you have a well labeled moral compass.
Thanks. One tries.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That little mantram is the most useful thing from that book.
Yes.

The movies stunk on ice, though.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but I missed the post where you gave a link to the article about brain burn during rape.
Would you please re-post the link?
I'm not your secretary. Find the questions and the article yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
Part 1 of 2
<quoted text>
Only those who secretly like anal sex are so obsessed with it and talk about it all the time. It's more dangerous to drink alcohol to get drunk or even tipsy than to have anal sex. Why aren't you ranting about that instead? Because you obviously have a enjoyable fixation on anal sex.
Again, not all gay people have anal sex, only a third do, we've gone over this before.
<quoted text>
No, it will prevent the benefits that come with marriage such as being able to see your partner in the hospital.
<quoted text>
We're talking about same-sex marriage. If any other issues come up, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. This is not about "any committed relationship" getting marriage rights, this is about consensual same-sex adult couples getting married.
<quoted text>
1. That would not be equal, you can't have separate and equal, that doesn't exist.
2. If it...
<quoted text>
So now you're saying marriage is about differences?
This was a stupid statement and I'm guessing you know that.
<quoted text>
The following YouTube video is my rebuttal to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Marriage isn't being defiled by anyone or anything, it was raised from what society thinks of as immoral, then turned into something more acceptable.
<quoted text>
Ummm, hello, have you taken a look at Canada or any of the supporting states at all? There has been zero negative effects on society in the past 8 years. Give us a credible source of information that would indicate otherwise.
So far, the affect is only good; more people are happy, economy is going up due to the extra marriages, and people are living their lives.
<quoted text>
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
That's stating the obvious; that the law can't change any "crucial distinctions in relationships." It has nothing to do with why same-sex marriage should be allowed or disallowed.
<quoted text>
No one is "pretending" such a thing. No one claimed anything of the sorts. Would you please stop going off on random tangents that have nothing to do with the subject?
<quoted text>
It has been proven to you time and time again that same-sex parents are just as good as opposite-sex parents. With this statement, you are implying that we should leave kids in adoption homes without any parents rather than same-sex parents.
Your point is 100% invalid.
KiMare wrote:
You continue your gay twirl. Anal sex is one of numerous issues I address. Remember these;
Only those who secretly like anal sex are so obsessed with it and talk about it all the time. It's more dangerous to drink alcohol to get drunk or even tipsy than to have anal sex. Why aren't you ranting about that instead? Because you obviously have a enjoyable fixation on anal sex.
Again, not all gay people have anal sex, only a third do, we've gone over this before.

-There is only one reason to talk about anal sex on a debate site about homosexuality and gay unions being called marriage? What a silly assertion.
One of the many arguments I make is that anal sex is a simple, clear and absolute proof that homosexuality is a genetic disorder. I keep it in front of you because you cannot get past it.

-It is even more dangerous to shoot a gun at people. Why are YOU not talking about that???

http://www.webmd.com/sex/anal-sex-health-conc...

“Anal sex has a number of health risks. Anal intercourse is the riskiest form of sexual activity for several reasons, including the following:”(see article)

“The only way to completely avoid anal sex risks is to abstain from anal sex.”

-We have gone over percentages about anal sex before, and you are lying. Over 80% of gays engage in anal sex.

Your "100%" is down to 90%...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
If you
believe denying marriage to a relationship
will prevent love

Lacez wrote; No, it will prevent the benefits that come with marriage such as being able to see your partner in the hospital.

Gay unions will accomplish all the legitimate rights for gay couples. You know that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
If you
demand any committed relationship
has to be called marriage

Lacez wrote; We're talking about same-sex marriage. If any other issues come up, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. This is not about "any committed relationship" getting marriage rights, this is about consensual same-sex adult couples getting married.

If the law dumbs down marriage to 'two people in a committed relationship' as the basis for marriage, the door is opened for numerous alternatives. You know that. Already in Brazil there are legal attempts to outlaw the restriction of 'two people' in marriage.

Closing the door after it is opened is highly unlikely, and the damage will already have been done to the most essential relationship in human culture.

Words describe reality.'If You' lists numerous distinctions between marriage and gay couples. To deny those and distort reality is stupid and dangerous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
If you
claim rights and benefits can only be acquired
by a imposition on marriage

Lacez wrote; That would not be equal, you can't have separate and equal, that doesn't exist.

If it were simply the word "marriage," then we would have had proper civil unions with all the same benefits as marriage years ago. Though this is not the case, for people don't care about the word "marriage," they care that same-sex couples are receiving equality, which means that same-sex couples would no longer be looked at as inferior. That is a huge issue with the anti-gay people.

-Marriage and gay unions are not equal. That is what 'If You' points out. The only identity gay couples have with marriage is the number of people. Even inserting the word 'committed' describes numerous relationships, including military buddies!

-You point out the real reason. It is not equality you pursue, it is a foolish attempt to impose acceptance of a orientation that is looked on as a aberration of nature. Do you realize how foolish it will be to put duplicate genders next to diverse genders and claim they are the same? The closer denial gets to reality, the more it is exposed. The inner sense that homosexuals themselves feel about the lack of normalcy will only be exacerbated!

This is exactly why I attempt to break through the denial expressed and demanded by us gays, and to begin our pursuit of life from a firm foundation of reality. Any other basis will crumble the more you build on it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
If you
equate the diversity of two genders
with the redundancy of same genders

Lacez wrote; So now you're saying marriage is about differences?
This was a stupid statement and I'm guessing you know that.

I think you are confused... Differences is my whole point.

'If You' is all about differences between marriage and gay couples.

Marriage is about a union of differences. Uniting every aspect of the diversity between males and females. Gay couples have no such diversity. A clear result of the difference between the union of opposite genders and duplicate genders is that only one ever results in human fruit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
If you
desecrate the sacred tradition of all major religions
and violate the historic practice of every single culture in history

Lacez wrote; The following YouTube video is my rebuttal to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

You continue the insensitivity of people of faith (Would you burn a Qur'an?) by answering with a mocking video? Missing one point and ignoring another?

You assume I am a Christian. I am simply pointing out that intelligent and sensitive people consider the beliefs AND cultural sensitivities of others.

Gays are setting up a vicious back lash by viciously stomping on the sincere and sacred beliefs of others. As you just did by your answer. Very foolish, cruel and crude. Ironically while asking others to be sensitive to your issues.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

I missed this;

Lacez wrote; Marriage isn't being defiled by anyone or anything, it was raised from what society thinks of as immoral, then turned into something more acceptable.

-You just contradicted your own claim by the video you referenced.

Even more importantly, YOU cannot tell others what is profane or hurtful to them. Your own actions expose your ignorance of that fact. Nor can you impose your morality on others (Isn't that what you like to say?).

What you call 'more acceptable' is simply a very profane actions by others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,221 - 6,240 of18,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Justices may decide if vendors can snub gay wed... 3 min Wondering 2,147
Church-state separation put to the test in Ky. 5 min Wondering 13
Axe Murder and Cannibalism and Graham Crackers,... 6 min Wondering 53
Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Ma... (Jan '13) 8 min Brian_G 17,509
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 30 min Pietro Armando 39,506
Finland's New Homoerotic Stamps 36 min Rainbow Kid 65
Co-Creator of Russia's 'Homosexual Propaganda' ... 38 min Putin in the Closet 1
Are You Sick Of Queers "Coming Out"? (Aug '13) 56 min WasteWater 125
•••
•••
•••
•••