So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Comments
6,101 - 6,120 of 18,016 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2013

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
tell ya what. when you explain the off topic subject of why some straight men like to wear women's clothes or why some gay men like drag and others prefer leather, or why some straight women dress in those horrible "Mom" jeans

then we'll talk.

Since: Jul 12

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She seen them, you know.
It's called pm on Topix.
Nobody else can see the messages.
You're safe, girls.
Are you girls?
You never know how much the baby boomer generation (and older) knows about using computers. I just thought I'd be clear about pm's since her excuse for not responding was that her email was locked out. Email just notifies you that a message is in your inbox on topix. That's all.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. Below are some Bible verses that condemn homosexuality:
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death... "
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Good Job, Bob! You took Leviticus out of there this time, since you know that you look hypocritical mentioning it.

Would you like us to explain the rest of the verses you use as clubs, to you?

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
Still not even an ATTEMPT at answering these questions??
I don't beleive I ever saw a response from almighty jedi to this question:
God's "disapproval" aside,
what makes murder immoral?
Or rape?
Or stealing?
Or adultery?
Or homosexuality?
Just testing your moral compass... want to see if you really understand what that is.
<quoted text>
Interesting.
A inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act, done by 'consenting' adults against each other is okay?
I'll 'take a stab' and say there is not only a moral problem, there is a psychological problem for someone to perpetrate harm on another, and another to allow violation (in the name of love).
The simplest and most common form of morality is 'do no harm'. Medical doctors say the only safe anal sex is no anal sex.
He never mentioned anal sex at all. And yet, you chose to base your entire response on the assumption all gay men who are married practice anal sex.

Interesting that you choose to go directly there....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

And never forget ...

Spandex is a privilege not a right!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

snyper wrote:
"against" ?
"harmful, unhealthy and demeaning" ?
I'm 86yo.
"Honi soit qui mal y pense"
Hehehe.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Peace-Love-Happiness wrote:
<quoted text>
You never know how much the baby boomer generation (and older) knows about using computers. I just thought I'd be clear about pm's since her excuse for not responding was that her email was locked out. Email just notifies you that a message is in your inbox on topix. That's all.
Mine are filtered out as spam, and delivered as such just once a day, the following morning.

By then I have already seen that I have a pm, on Topix itself.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

okay wrote:
"So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?"
Answer: AIDS, STD's,and Dieing because this is what gays,(Male or Female) bring to society.
I think we should start a new thread.
"Why is it that the anti-gays can rarely write a sentence that makes sense, much less use logical thinking?"

Or
"Does bigotry cause memory loss and cognitive damage?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Still not even an ATTEMPT at answering these questions??
I don't beleive I ever saw a response from almighty jedi to this question:
Or rape?
Or stealing?
Or adultery?
Or homosexuality?
Just testing your moral compass... want to see if you really understand what that is.
<quoted text>
Interesting.
A inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act, done by 'consenting' adults against each other is okay?
I'll 'take a stab' and say there is not only a moral problem, there is a psychological problem for someone to perpetrate harm on another, and another to allow violation (in the name of love).
The simplest and most common form of morality is 'do no harm'. Medical doctors say the only safe anal sex is no anal sex.
Sex is consentual. RAPE is non consentual and demeaning. Care to rephrase your previous post?

Also, keeping in mind that I am a LESBIAN and do not practice anal sex, try adressing those questions again.

“Psalms 27:14 HOPE! ”

Since: Dec 11

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He sure as hell didnít hang with corrupt idiots likes you who twists everything he stands for.
well aren't you just a slice of nice.

Jesus didn't 'hang out' with anyone in the manner you are conjuring up in your confuzzled mind.

Jesus stood ALONE, and only those who FOLLOWED Jesus were people who listened to His teaching and OBEYED HIM.

Jesus came to lay down HIS LIFE FOR MANKIND.
and to instruct and teach people about GOD.

So unless you are IN AGREEMENT with the laws of GOD then you must know that you are in opposition to Jesus.

we're not here to compare notes on who is and who isn't a Christian.
thats between GOD and the individual ONLY.
we can know who is by the fruits they bear, and how they walk...
by the spirit or by the flesh.

if you are here to promote homosexuality as ok, then i have to ask you why you are throwing the name of Jesus around like you are?

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>They also DID NOT WRITE THE GOSPELS. The bible was compiled by the Council of Nicea and Constantine. Constantineís motives had a lot to do with power and less to do with religion. There are gospels that didnít make it into the bible per Constantine. There were 12 apostles and the gospels of only 4 apostles made it into the book and those 4 were edited, as if the other 8 had nothing to say about what Jesus said. The other gospels that didnít make it were ordered to be destroyed by Constantine due to contradicting his power of control.
It doesnít take a Sherlock Holmes to figure out that there should be close to 12 gospels and not 4.
Also, the gospels were written by unknowns 100 years after Jesus was dead. Prior to the writings, it was all oral stories passed down generation to generation and those stories changed.
who on earth fed you such a load of lies and hooey?

IF you sit there and say the Gospels were not written by the authors, then you are calling the word of GOD a lie.

you are dismissing Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as not being the disciples of GOD and recording their PERSONAL ONE ON ONE experiences with the Messiah.
you are calling James, Peter, Paul, and Timothy and even Jude who was a bondservant of Chirst as ALL liars.

are you sure you want to seal your soul in such as that?

you open a bible to 1 John 1:1-5
first John, and you read the testimony of JOHN swearing an oath that THEY saw, touched, heard, wittnessed all that occured with Jesus.

i want you to SHOW ME PROOF of the catholics WRITING the scriptures as you just said.
there was no such thing as catholics or constatine during the centuries between Jesus ascention to heaven and the distruction of the 2 temple in 70AD

PLUS we have FRAGMENTS and SHARDS of the ORIGINAL texts of the NT.
thats how it came it be.
your catholics did not WRITE the scriptures.
thats blasphemy. And to dispute the scriptures is to dispute GOD Himself.

read Isaiah 55:11

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Bob is in permanent time out ..
you don't even KNOW the meaning of permanent time out ....YET.
its called eternity HL..........

and when GOD puts you on PERMANENT time out, you will wish you had of listened to all those people He sent in your life to cross your path with His message of truth.

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I have my moments, although they tend to be few and far between when you have a 6 y/o kid to keep you acting young.
YIKES! i have a 78 yr old mother who is worse than a child in her declining years, so i think on some level i can relate.
LOL

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. Below are some Bible verses that condemn homosexuality:
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
SO TRUE! the word of GOD is truth.
you are on the right path, and if you travel with GOD you can't go wrong. It is impossible to argue with the word of GOD, because it is already spoken and settled.

have a great weekend.

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You don't have to respond through your email. There's a message access link at the top of this page. It says, "Messages." I didn't email you, I sent messages through private messages in topix.
thats what i meant, when i opened my email the message was on it to notify me you sent one on topix.
but i didn't respond at the time because it was after the difficulties with the email address i was using.

just didn't want you to think i was being rude and ignoring it.

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

okay wrote:
"So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?"
Answer: AIDS, STD's,and Dieing because this is what gays,(Male or Female) bring to society.
the answer would be ....nothing.
we don't fear gays.
we simply know it is wrong behavior from the view point of biblical teaching of what GOD says.
so we share the truth about it.

there is no fear of anyone.

our trust is anchored in GOD who is always in control.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Interesting.
No, something that is harmful, unhealthy or demeaning is not generally okay.

Fortunately, there's NOTHING inherently harmful, unhealthy or demeaning about a relationship between two people of the same gender. You don't get to just arbitrarly tack on whatever adjectives you like. You're grossly misrepresenting people that you know nothing about.
KiMare wrote:
I don't know what "harm" you're talking about. Is it the "harm" of presuming that you know better about how someone else should live their life?
KiMare wrote:
The simplest and most common form of morality is 'do no harm'.
That's actually slightly TOO simple. It's more accurate to avoid any UNDESERVED or UNWANTED harm. Even sadomasochists should be given freedom to "harm" themselves if that's what they choose. There's no morality in telling them how to live, if they aren't harming anyone OUTSIDE the relationship.
KiMare wrote:
Medical doctors say the only safe anal sex is no anal sex.
Tell that to all the straight people enjoying anal sex.

Even if it WERE harmful (but it isn't), you need to leave it up to the people who are IN the relationship to determine that for themselves. You have not been appointed to run around to everyone's relationship, warning them that you think they're harming each other. If they LOVE it, and they NEVER see any harmful results, then your place is to tend to your OWN relationships.

I'm reading your link to the MSU pubertal hormone study. Quite a big article, I have other things to do, so it'll take some time. In the meantime, I ran a quick word-find search on the page, and found no instances of the words "molest", "homosexual", "erotic", or "burn" (from your phrase "brain burn").

I know that you'll say that you're NOT claiming that molestation is the cause of homosexuality. So, what am I looking for? Can you summarize what it is that YOU found interesting, especially if you DON'T think that molestation causes homosexuality? If the point of the study doesn't even support this notion, then what point do you think is being made? What are you hoping I'll take away from this?

Also, what is the source of the term "brain burn"? I can't find ANY "laymen" online who use it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

The only person that has answered my questions is an athiest... They rest of you haters afraid of having your polarity of your moral compass corrected?

Or rape?
Or stealing?
Or adultery?
Or homosexuality?
Just testing your moral compass...
want to see if you really understand what that is.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Limp wrist and , lisping, and prancing down the street looking like a fool in a gay shame parade will not help you on judgement day.
Homosexuals go straight to hell as soon as they die.
Mythological nonsense. I would have no respect for gods who create beings that they KNOW they're going to punish, and I don't ask Santa for presents anymore, either.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

The only person that has answered my questions is an athiest... They rest of you haters afraid of having your polarity of your moral compass corrected?
Or rape?
Or stealing?
Or adultery?
Or homosexuality?
Just testing your moral compass...
want to see if you really understand what that is.
Test it this way...

What age is too young for marrying a child?

The Bible doesn't say. God offers ZERO "moral guidance" on this.

Like ALL OTHER points of morality, we have to figure it out for OURSELVES. We do that by LIVING in a cooperative society, through trial and error, discovering what works and what doesn't, slowly building a moral code that we all can live by.

There are no moral "absolutes". Morality is not a "thing" which can exist independent from human society. One person living alone doesn't need to worry about moral issues. There's no morality on Mars, for the rocks to abide. It just describes how thinking, feeling beings relate to one another, with the goal of reducing suffering and harm. The only way to discover what "morality" is, is by interacting with OTHER thinking, feeling beings.

Sorry to keep jumping in. It's just a fascinating subject. I think that attempting to live on an "authoritative" or "absolute" moral system is guaranteed to eventually cause conflict. Morality has gray areas. Morality requires learning about the people around you, to discover what they value in life. Morality can even be applied to how humans interact with animals, to a degree. Social morals change over time. Morality requires fluidity, and religions don't generally allow that.

Your question explores that very well. I often ask a similar question: "WHY is homosexuality considered immoral?" I get an answer as often as you have. It's EASY to explain why rape, murder, theft or lying are "wrong". Not so easy to explain homosexuality in the same way. "God said so" doesn't answer it. I didn't need a god to tell me not to murder people. I only needed OTHER PEOPLE to tell me not to murder them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••