So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Comments (Page 300)

Showing posts 5,981 - 6,000 of18,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I've been able to gather....
People who have been molested sometimes turn out to be homosexual later in life.
People who have been molested sometimes DON'T turn out to be homosexual.
People who have NOT been molested sometimes turn out to be homosexual.
People who have NOT been molested sometimes DON'T turn out to be homosexual.
So, being molested or not sometimes does or doesn't happen to people who may or may not be gay. It's all quite clear.
Okay... I think I got it...
So if a homosexual is asleep on a train traveling 120 mph, and a right wing Christian fundie is asleep on a bus traveling 60 mph when it crosses the railroad .01 miles in front of the train, and the fundie is having a homoerotic dream, the homosexual is straight because he is not engaged in sexual activity and the fundie's bus is going straight to hell because he chose to "practice" homosexuality in his dreams. But what was the impact of the train hitting the bus in pounds per inch?
If I understand these theories correctly, the answer is unicorns dancing on rainbows.

DNF

“A seat at the family table”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Social scientists have noted that the first sexual experience a child experiences has profound impact on what they find as erotic. The layman's term is 'brain burn' for the path the hormones engrave. So if the first experience a child has is molestation, that has a profound impact in a number of ways.
I find it surprising the ignorance that is displayed by those with such absolute opinions about sexual issues.
I find it interesting that you cherry pick which scientists you'll use as "experts".

I find it interesting that you downplay all the studies that discredit your claims with your juvenile and nasty remarks but jump on the bandwagon of anyone who supports your homophobia.

You fundamentalists have a very weird way of using science. You'll demonize it when it suits your agenda yet quote it when you want to bolster your opinions.

Yup. Interesting.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Social scientists have noted that the first sexual experience a child experiences has profound impact on what they find as erotic. The layman's term is 'brain burn' for the path the hormones engrave. So if the first experience a child has is molestation, that has a profound impact in a number of ways.
I find it surprising the ignorance that is displayed by those with such absolute opinions about sexual issues.
And just what are you implying?
Wouldn't a bad experience with one gender turn you away from that gender rather than exclusively toward that gender?

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Social scientist have said that children in Same Sex Households are as well adjusted or more so than those in heterosexual households.

Social Scientists have also found that reparative therapy is harmful.

But then again you always pick and choose to suit your political agenda. Truth is irrelevant to your strategy. Maybe that's why so many are rejecting your religion as well?

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
just got the lowdown on who you are.
please don't take this personal but i don't wish to communicate with you any more.
Just got the biblical lowdown on Jesus and he hung with prostitutes, thieves, muderers, the sick, destitute, etc..........you know, all the people you look down at and pretend to be a Christian for appearance sake. God has a litter box for your kind, where you belong.
Old Grand Dad

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to cut to the chase here and be straight out and direct.
please hear me.
any one who thinks it is normal for a man to stick his willywonka up another mans POOPHOLE ...OR for 2 women to thrash about never being able to have intercourse, is as ABNORMAL as one can be.
there is NOTHING natural about sex in the rectum
or women petting each other with NO visable way to have sexual intercourse......... it is AGAINST nature.
In the begining GOD made them "MALE and FEMALE" for this cause?
(what cause?) that the MAN shall leave his FATHER and MOTHER and be joined unto his WIFE. and the two shall become ONE flesh.
Gen 2:24
homosexuals can not do that.
and therefore it goes against the DESIGN of mankind from GOD.
period.
case closed.
Yeah all that's just fine and dandy,but you fail to mention that numbers wise there are far more heterosexuals practicing anal sex and orel sex with their girlfriends(34%) and or wives than gays! Now what? LOL,Try it you just may like it? Hypocrite! LOL

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Just got the biblical lowdown on Jesus and he hung with prostitutes, thieves, muderers, the sick, destitute, etc..........you know, all the people you look down at and pretend to be a Christian for appearance sake. God has a litter box for your kind, where you belong.
Now we know why God gives Michelle Bachmann migraines.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I find it interesting that you cherry pick which scientists you'll use as "experts".
I find it interesting that you downplay all the studies that discredit your claims with your juvenile and nasty remarks but jump on the bandwagon of anyone who supports your homophobia.
You fundamentalists have a very weird way of using science. You'll demonize it when it suits your agenda yet quote it when you want to bolster your opinions.
Yup. Interesting.
You mean like this one?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...

"You fundamentalists"? I have never stated my religion. I have stated that I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian, but I don't think that flies well with fundamentalists...

I find it interesting that you want to argue unprovable faith when scientific facts and evolution determine homosexuality as a genetic disorder.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Which social scientists say this? I've been trying to Google these claims, and I can't find anything. Where should I look for these scientists' findings? Is there a website, or publication?

This all sounds very vague. If molestation has a profound impact in a "number" of ways, what are those ways? Could you list some? Plenty of people are gay who were never molested, and plenty of people are straight who WERE molested, even by someone of the same gender. It doesn't sound like there's any correlation.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Now we know why God gives Michelle Bachmann migraines.
You're right!:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what are you implying?
Wouldn't a bad experience with one gender turn you away from that gender rather than exclusively toward that gender?
You might think so, but no.

Girls molested by men tend to have very immoral and harmful sex lives. Boys tend to struggle with SS desires. Often it is not engaged, but it is there.

The belief is that the initial sexual experience 'burns a path of eroticism' in the area of the brain where sexual behavior decided (hypothalamus). That occurs whether the experience is voluntary or not.

“"Boss Of Bosses"”

Since: Dec 11

New York New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right!:-)
And YOU are right! You are also right when you be kind and remember to rewind! ;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Which social scientists say this? I've been trying to Google these claims, and I can't find anything. Where should I look for these scientists' findings? Is there a website, or publication?
This all sounds very vague. If molestation has a profound impact in a "number" of ways, what are those ways? Could you list some? Plenty of people are gay who were never molested, and plenty of people are straight who WERE molested, even by someone of the same gender. It doesn't sound like there's any correlation.
You might google the effects of molestation and the roots of eroticism.

I am not saying that molestation is always the cause of homosexuality. I don't think it is.

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like this one?
"You fundamentalists"? I have never stated my religion. I have stated that I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian, but I don't think that flies well with fundamentalists...
I find it interesting that you want to argue unprovable faith when scientific facts and evolution determine homosexuality as a genetic disorder.
From 1988 to 1993, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences sponsored an interdisciplinary study known as The Fundamentalism Project, the largest such study ever done. More than 100 scholars from all over the world took part, reporting on every imaginable kind of fundamentalism. And what they discovered was that the agenda of all fundamentalist movements in the world is virtually identical, regardless of religion or culture.

They identified five characteristics shared by virtually all fundamentalisms. The fundamentalists' agenda starts with insistence that their rules must be made to apply to all people, and to all areas of life. There can be no separation of church and state, or of public and private areas of life. The rigid rules of God—and they never doubt that they and only they have got these right—must become the law of the land. Pat Robertson, again, has said that just as Supreme Court justices place a hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution, so they should also place a hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible. In Khomeini's Iran, and in the recent Taliban rule of Afghanistan, we saw how brutal and bloody this looks in real time.

The second agenda item is really at the top of the list, and it's vulgarly simple: Men are on top. Men are bigger and stronger, and they rule not only through physical strength but also and more importantly through their influence on the laws and rules of the land. Men set the boundaries. Men define the norms, and men enforce them. They also define women, and they define them through narrowly conceived biological functions. Women are to be supportive wives, mothers, and homemakers.

A third item follows from the others.(Indeed each part of the fundamentalist agenda is necessarily interlocked, and needs every other part to survive.) Since there is only one right picture of the world, one right set of beliefs, and one right set of roles for men, women, and children, it is imperative that this picture and these rules be communicated precisely to the next generation. Therefore, fundamentalists must control education by controlling textbooks and teaching styles, deciding what may and may not be taught.

Fourth, fundamentalists spurn the modern, and want to return to a nostalgic vision of a golden age that never really existed. Several of the scholars observed a strong and deep resemblance between fundamentalism and fascism. Both have almost identical agendas. Men are on top, women are subservient, there is one rigid set of rules, with police and military might to enforce them, and education is tightly controlled by the state. One scholar suggested that it's helpful to understand fundamentalism as religious fascism, and fascism as political fundamentalism. The phrase “overcoming the modern” is a fascist slogan dating back to at least 1941.

The fifth point is the most abstract, though it's foundational. Fundamentalists deny history in a radical and idiosyncratic way. Fundamentalists know as well or better than anybody that culture shapes everything it touches: The times we live in color how we think, what we value, and the kind of people we become. Fundamentalists agree on the perverseness of modern American society: the air of permissiveness and narcissism, individual rights unbalanced by responsibilities, sex divorced from commitment, and so on. What they don't want to see is the way culture colored the era when their scriptures were created.

The Fundamentalist Agenda
http://www.uuworld.org/2004/01/feature2.html

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

CAPO Dei CAPI wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU are right! You are also right when you be kind and remember to rewind! ;)
Thank you kind Sir!:-)

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You might google the effects of molestation and the roots of eroticism.
I am not saying that molestation is always the cause of homosexuality. I don't think it is.
you just like to imply it is all.

Got it.

DNF

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like this one?

"From 1988 to 1993, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences sponsored an interdisciplinary study known as The Fundamentalism Project, the largest such study ever done. More than 100 scholars from all over the world took part, reporting on every imaginable kind of fundamentalism. And what they discovered was that the agenda of all fundamentalist movements in the world is virtually identical, regardless of religion or culture."

If it walks like a duck talks like a duck breeds like duck and looks like a duck it's a good possibility IT'S A DUCK!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death... "
Please have exact change.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. Below are some Bible verses that condemn homosexuality:
Screw the Buy-bull. It's Bronze Age crap.
It says people who work on Saturday should be tortured to death.
It says some women who are raped should be tortured to death, for being raped!
It indicates the earth is flat.
Do you believe the earth is flat?
Probably.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>From 1988 to 1993, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences sponsored an interdisciplinary study known as The Fundamentalism Project, the largest such study ever done. More than 100 scholars from all over the world took part, reporting on every imaginable kind of fundamentalism. And what they discovered was that the agenda of all fundamentalist movements in the world is virtually identical, regardless of religion or culture.
They identified five characteristics shared by virtually all fundamentalisms. The fundamentalists' agenda starts with insistence that their rules must be made to apply to all people, and to all areas of life. There can be no separation of church and state, or of public and private areas of life. The rigid rules of God—and they never doubt that they and only they have got these right—must become the law of the land. Pat Robertson, again, has said that just as Supreme Court justices place a hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution, so they should also place a hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible. In Khomeini's Iran, and in the recent Taliban rule of Afghanistan, we saw how brutal and bloody this looks in real time.
The second agenda item is really at the top of the list, and it's vulgarly simple: Men are on top. Men are bigger and stronger, and they rule not only through physical strength but also and more importantly through their influence on the laws and rules of the land. Men set the boundaries. Men define the norms, and men enforce them. They also define women, and they define them through narrowly conceived biological functions. Women are to be supportive wives, mothers, and homemakers.
A third item follows from the others.(Indeed each part of the fundamentalist agenda is necessarily interlocked, and needs every other part to survive.) Since there is only one right picture of the world, one right set of beliefs, and one right set of roles for men, women, and children, it is imperative that this picture and these rules be communicated precisely to the next generation. Therefore, fundamentalists must control education by controlling textbooks and teaching styles, deciding what may and may not be taught.
Fourth, fundamentalists spurn the modern, and want to return to a nostalgic vision of a golden age that never really existed. Several of the scholars observed a strong and deep resemblance between fundamentalism and fascism. Both have almost identical agendas. Men are on top, women are subservient, there is one rigid set of rules, with police and military might to enforce them, and education is tightly controlled by the state. One scholar suggested that it's helpful to understand fundamentalism as religious fascism, and fascism as political fundamentalism. The phrase “overcoming the modern” is a fascist slogan dating back to at least 1941.
The fifth point is the most abstract, though it's foundational. Fundamentalists deny history in a radical and idiosyncratic way. Fundamentalists know as well or better than anybody that culture shapes everything it touches: The times we live in color how we think, what we value, and the kind of people we become. Fundamentalists agree on the perverseness of modern American society: the air of permissiveness and narcissism, individual rights unbalanced by responsibilities, sex divorced from commitment, and so on. What they don't want to see is the way culture colored the era when their scriptures were created.
You are losing it.

This has nothing to do with our discussion.

Perhaps you are on the wrong thread???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,981 - 6,000 of18,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••