So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Comments
5,921 - 5,940 of 18,016 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2013

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical juridically-minded pharisee.
Can't stand the truth huh? Nothing judgemental about saying exactly what the bible says moron. Lets be honest, that's why you qu_ers hate it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't stand the truth huh? Nothing judgemental about saying exactly what the bible says moron. Lets be honest, that's why you qu_ers hate it.
Worshiping a book and sacrificing others' freedom and lives to it is decidedly pharisee.

Not looking good, bro.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Now I'm not an anti gay but the question was asked and I gave an opinion. One thing I will say is people are quick to point out the "gay" part in the bible and need to quote the whole verse:
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders.
How many of you can say you don't fall into one of these. I fall into two and homosexual isn't one.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Really__OMG wrote:
Now I'm not an anti gay but the question was asked and I gave an opinion. One thing I will say is people are quick to point out the "gay" part in the bible and need to quote the whole verse:
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders.
How many of you can say you don't fall into one of these. I fall into two and homosexual isn't one.
You're getting off topic, we're here to focus our attentions on the sins of the homosexual choice and to see who can come up with the most graphic homoerotic fantasy that we would never have, not to dwell on our own sins. By the way, did you know that the appearance of "male prostitutes" and "homosexual offenders" on the list of those not in Dad's Will was brought to you by those who didn't feel the Bible was anti-gay enough, so they just added it into more "modern translations"? They took out Paul probably saying something along the line that masturbators were also off the list, for it. Paul put a man and a bed together and left eternity to figure out what the f he was going on about. According to many Christians today, the f he was going on about was homosexuality, of course.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You're getting off topic, we're here to focus our attentions on the sins of the homosexual choice and to see who can come up with the most graphic homoerotic fantasy that we would never have, not to dwell on our own sins. By the way, did you know that the appearance of "male prostitutes" and "homosexual offenders" on the list of those not in Dad's Will was brought to you by those who didn't feel the Bible was anti-gay enough, so they just added it into more "modern translations"? They took out Paul probably saying something along the line that masturbators were also off the list, for it. Paul put a man and a bed together and left eternity to figure out what the f he was going on about. According to many Christians today, the f he was going on about was homosexuality, of course.
Look I'm not condoning or bashing, I am simply tired of people who want to quote scripture but only pick part of it out. Make your arguments for or against but if you're going to quote the bible do it correctly.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>It would not change a thing, you would still be a liar and you would still claim that a same sex marriage is possible in West VA, a lie.
I have gay friends, illegal alien friends, Mormon, Catholic, Muslim and Jehovah cousins, and I do not agree with any of those doctrines.
You have friends?
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<
You need to get out of your bubble, we don't accept homosexuality, with eyes wide open. You choose it with your eyes closed.
No, maybe gays were born from raccoons, but never born gay, so stop lying.
If your cause were worthy, then you would not need to lie. It has been proven that no one can be born gay, abused as a child, yes, but not born gay.
Show they are lying. Choose to be gay. Or, STFU. Deal?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have friends!
Show that rapists are lying. Choose to be a rapist. Or, stuff your blouse and pretend to be a woman. Oh, you do that.
The whole "logic" thing is beyond you fundies, huh?
And you can't tell the difference between a man and a woman.

So, are you going to choose to be gay, or STFU?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>It does not matter, and stop being deceived. It is called the LGBT and now they call it gay marriage, not IIAP for Immoral, Idolaters, Adulterers, and Prostitutes. That means if you want to do God's work, you don't go looking under a light for a dollar coin, when you dropped it 2 miles away in a dark wooded area. In other words, satan is over there in the LGBT trying to defile the land, like in Sodom and Gomorrah, so that is where Christians need to be fighting.
READ THE ENTIRE VERSE;
Leviticus 18: 24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants.
I'd wipe my backside after defecating with the buy-bull, but its pages are already full of $#!+.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Really__OMG wrote:
Look I'm not condoning or bashing, I am simply tired of people who want to quote scripture but only pick part of it out. Make your arguments for or against but if you're going to quote the bible do it correctly.
If it weren't for cherry picking out of context verses and and dubious translations and interpretations from the original, there wouldn't be an anti-gay theology in the Bible. According to what they have been taught, they are quoting it correctly and with the only possible interpretation because they say God says so and if we have any problems with that, it's our own damn fault and we should take it up with their God. You're thinking outside the circular reasoning, they don't get it.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>The denial of evidence has polluted you. For example, homosexuality was and is still a mental illness. Period and always.
Your life long insane lies shows that homosexuality is a mental illness, period.
Sure, you just go ahead and try to tell a doctor, psychiatrist or medical scientist that. Just see how far you get before they laugh at you or admit you into the psychiatric ward.
I believe, as others have been discussing, that you are probably Patty or someone close to Patty. We all know how you crazy nutjobs and haters love to hang out together.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Really__OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
TOPIX doesn't handle the Koine alphabet.
Bob

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Galatians 5:19-21 tells us that witchcraft is one of the 17 things listed as the lust of the flesh. Also, He tells us "that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Those who practice these things are not saved and will go to hell.

I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God
Bob

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole "logic" thing is beyond you fundies, huh?
And you can't tell the difference between a man and a woman.
So, are you going to choose to be gay, or STFU?
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death... "
Bob

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If it weren't for cherry picking out of context verses and and dubious translations and interpretations from the original, there wouldn't be an anti-gay theology in the Bible. According to what they have been taught, they are quoting it correctly and with the only possible interpretation because they say God says so and if we have any problems with that, it's our own damn fault and we should take it up with their God. You're thinking outside the circular reasoning, they don't get it.
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

Bob

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You're getting off topic, we're here to focus our attentions on the sins of the homosexual choice and to see who can come up with the most graphic homoerotic fantasy that we would never have, not to dwell on our own sins. By the way, did you know that the appearance of "male prostitutes" and "homosexual offenders" on the list of those not in Dad's Will was brought to you by those who didn't feel the Bible was anti-gay enough, so they just added it into more "modern translations"? They took out Paul probably saying something along the line that masturbators were also off the list, for it. Paul put a man and a bed together and left eternity to figure out what the f he was going on about. According to many Christians today, the f he was going on about was homosexuality, of course.
Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. Below are some Bible verses that condemn homosexuality:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."

Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

the punishment of eternal fire.

“'It's A Brave New World"”

Since: Sep 11

Carmel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. Below are some Bible verses that condemn homosexuality:
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
the punishment of eternal fire.
Oh! So it's condemned in a fairytale book! How wonderful! LOL,Once again,we live in a secular nation that is NOT run by the bible! Now kindly take your faux bible and your psychotic personality and shove it up your azz! So very pleased that I could help,now about that shrink you so desperately need! My GOD Zeus can kick your GOD's azz any day of the week! Whacko!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
For what "reason" was that again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it. What we are fighting to prevent is ...

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/09/162570987/germa...

and worse.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, come on, Bob. You KNOW you can't use Leviticus as a club against gay folks unless you follow all of the holiness code for ancient Hebrew priests yourself.

And you KNOW you don't, so use it and make yourself look silly?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>Oh! So, you accept homosexuality, based on research and info from a gay pedophile group, NAMBLA! How wonderful! LOL, Once again, we live in a real society founded on principle, but even in a secular science, nothing justifies homosexuality or pedophilia, and definitely not same sex marriage or marriage to frogs. No kindly take your faux gay bull and your gay mental illness personality and shove it up your azz, and don't get a woody over the thought. So, very pleased that you prove that homosexuality is a mental disorder, now about those shrinks that you gays all use, suicide does not have to be innate for gays. Your gay dad can kick your gay butt any night of the week. Gaybot!
Just kidding..........well, about the wonderful part, since we all know it is not.
None of that made sense. Care to try again?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 3 min no doubt 694
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 3 min KeepCalmNcarryON 3,943
Texas: Gay-marriage ban best for children 4 min Frankie Rizzo 735
Would you wear this shirt? 6 min Flawless 1
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 8 min Mr Cro Pockets 693
Gay couple have day in church 11 min Tre H 57
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 12 min SevenTee 54,670
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 129
Virginia prepares for possibility of gay marriage 4 hr Rainbow Kid 11
•••
•••