So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 20 comments on the Aug 17, 2012, lezgetreal.com story titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#6334 Oct 9, 2012
Really__OMG wrote:
My fear is that we as a Goverment are saying that homosexuality is socially acceptable.
If this is how you feel, stay in the closet.

We won't tell.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6335 Oct 9, 2012
Does anyone know Pattie's address?

I want to walk my dog past her house while holding hands with my wife.

I might even stop right in front of her house to give my beautiful wife a sweet little peck on the cheek.:)

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#6336 Oct 9, 2012
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>If you wish intelligent conversation then seek to have one. There is no evidence of a 10 billion year old earth, so my point was that a 100 billion year old earth is just as plausible.
And yes, there is a so-called find of a 195 million year old Jurassic rat or rat-like animal, who is said to be man's oldest ancestor.
There is much evidence for a 7,300 year old earth.
How can an adult believe that!?
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
Too few supernova remnants.
Crab Nebula (photo courtesy of NASA)
According to astronomical observations, galaxies like our own experience about one supernova (a violently-exploding star) every 25 years. The gas and dust remnants from such explosions (like the Crab Nebula) expand outward rapidly and should remain visible for over a million years. Yet the nearby parts of our galaxy in which we could observe such gas and dust shells contain only about 200 supernova remnants. That number is consistent with only about 7,000 years worth of supernovas.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2005...
"Answers in Genesis". LOL. Well, Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did, Eve would have been a man. And what about the talking serpent? That Noah's Ark story...come on!
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
Care to have an intelligent dialogue. Also, if that is your desire then denounce all the attacks and stalking from those three, boooots, catcher and lesbo...they are only here stalking pattie.
Take a science class. Don't get your "info" from fundie sites.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#6337 Oct 9, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
TO: How i see it
in reply to your statements concerning hell
their is a reason GOD created hell.
and you should read the story about the rich man in hell who cried out warning others not to come there.
TORMENT is exactly what satan has in mind for those who choose Him over God.
your soul will NOT die.
your soul is eternal.
and it WILL live on in eternity one place or the other.
So then, are you telling me you disagree with the verses I've given you? Are you saying the bible is wrong? Why would a loving God create something to torment someone forever? That sounds like a vengeful, vindictive God to me, what say you? Why do you not use the scriptures to back up your belief? As far as the rich man and Lazarus, that was a parable or illustration not to be taken as literal. Think about it, if one were being roasted in hell do you actually think dipping ones finger in water would help. If you claim certain things from the scriptures it is incumbent upon you to study it without taking the word of some wannabe teacher of the bible.

Location hidden

#6338 Oct 9, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
I might even stop right in front of her house to give my beautiful wife a sweet little peck on the cheek.:)
If you are female, it's impossible for you to have a wife no matter what some human court says.

Location hidden

#6339 Oct 9, 2012
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>A statement like you are trying to read the Bible to better understand Christians is a lie and a fabrication at best. It is more likely that you are cherrypicking at of context or reading from evilbible.com . If not, then I suggest you read John 3:3-10 and John 3:16. If you do not get those verses, then you are like a person who never learns the alphabet but tries to read English, use Chinese as a basis. You can barely keep your eyes open while reading the Bible, because of satan and his control of your mind. Yes, it should be revealing that King awakens your mind. The devil is your father, John 8:41-44.
Whne you post a dismissive and condescending post, then label a poster's sentence as such, then you have no credibility and you are just a fiddler on a lonely mountain top.
Why wouldn't we use the Bible, your decision to be convinced is your problem. That is like telling a teacher not to teach math, because you do not wish ot learn. But, why do you use evolution theory, varies contradictions, and the books and websites to try to convince someone it is true, when we have told you that the evidence is not there and we do not accept it. Maybe, you should use the Bible to try to prove evolution.
No, it says the God of this world, your daddy, satan, which is his deliberate attempt to bliknd his children, you.
Here is the thing:
1) The Bible often explains God, not your reality. Sickness and disease are part of your reality, not God's so the Bible must include why you need God so it includes your efforts, which includes your failures, homosexuality, slavery, murder, and rape.
2) The Bible tells us immoral behavior, but does not say it it moral. Beside, if you think homosexuality is moral,then you have a poor moral compass and are not fit to judge. Beside, you are not allowed to judge the Bible, God or Christiains. Judge not, les ye be judged, stoned, tortured and tossed back in a closet.
3) When did the Bible become a scripture. If you mean religious book, then go read those many other books. I have read many of them and the do not measure up to the Bible. It is like you trying to compare a children's painting to the Mona Lisa.
4) No, Christians do not agree on what the Bible says. People who never were Christians, who go to church and even for 40 years, but fail to become Christians do that. To understand the Bible, you seek to understand and it starts at John 3:16, then John 3:3-10 and then John 1:1-14. A non-believer should never read anything but the book of John and perhaps Genesis so they can understand how man created his own mess.
No disrespect,but your standards are very low, they are not Godly, but worldly and that is low. If your standards are very high, then you will push through the sleepiness. I fell asleep reading many college books, while studying. My academic scholarships to two major universities are attributed to my high standards.
I am not just a go to church christian, I am a born-again spirit filled, Holy Spirit led and indwelled Christian, due to God's much higher standards.
God's "disapproval" aside, what makes murder immoral?
Or rape?
Or stealing?
Or adultery?
Or homosexuality?

Just testing your moral compass... want to see if you really understand what that is.

Location hidden

#6340 Oct 9, 2012
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are female, it's impossible for you to have a wife no matter what some human court says.
I don't need a court (though I'd like one.)
My pastor officiated our ceremony.
We've had this conversation.
Sorry to disappoint you.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#6341 Oct 9, 2012
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
A statement like you are trying to read the Bible to better understand Christians is a lie and a fabrication at best.
Nope, the plan is to read the whole thing, cover to cover.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
If not, then I suggest you read John 3:3-10 and John 3:16.
I read them, so? Explain them, if you understand them. Convince me with YOUR OWN words, not someone else’s.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
You can barely keep your eyes open while reading the Bible, because of satan and his control of your mind.
Do you have any idea how crazy this sounds?
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
Whne you post a dismissive and condescending post, then label a poster's sentence as such, then you have no credibility
When I spend time EXPLAINING what I believe, and then Patti says “that tells it all”, without ANY explanation AT ALL, then I’m not the one being dismissive. Put some EFFORT into your thoughts.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
Why wouldn't we use the Bible
Because it has talking animals.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
your decision to be convinced is your problem. That is like telling a teacher not to teach math, because you do not wish ot learn.
No, a teacher can SHOW how 2+2=4. I don’t think you can show me any magic.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
Maybe, you should use the Bible to try to prove evolution.
Why? The primitives who wrote the Bible had no idea about evolution.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
1) The Bible often explains God, not your reality...
Are you trying to address my point #1? My point was that the Bible is full of magic and mythical creatures. This puts it in DOUBT. It ACTUALLY SAYS that bats are birds.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
2) The Bible tells us immoral behavior, but does not say it it moral.
In the Bible, God gives specific rules for slave-keeping. If he were moral, he would just say DON’T KEEP SLAVES.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
Beside, if you think homosexuality is moral,then you have a poor moral compass and are not fit to judge.
It’s not moral for you to tell someone ELSE how to live.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
Beside, you are not allowed to judge the Bible, God or Christiains.
Yes, I am.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
3) When did the Bible become a scripture.
The day it was written. Why is the Bible more believable than the Quran?
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
4) No, Christians do not agree on what the Bible says. People who never were Christians, who go to church and even for 40 years, but fail to become Christians do that.
THEY say the exact same thing about YOU. You ALL need to get your story straight.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
A non-believer should never read anything but the book of John and perhaps Genesis so they can understand how man created his own mess.
Why wouldn’t you want someone to read the WHOLE Bible?
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
No disrespect,but your standards are very low, they are not Godly, but worldly and that is low.
My standards are based on reality, on things that can actually be measured and tested. There is no other way to gain knowledge about the world. You are allowing your emotions and imagination to overpower your brain.“Godly” doesn’t mean anything but “supernatural”, and that can’t be studied.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
My academic scholarships to two major universities are attributed to my high standards.
Don’t brag.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
I am not just a go to church christian, I am a born-again spirit filled, Holy Spirit led and indwelled Christian, due to God's much higher standards.
If you say so.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#6342 Oct 9, 2012
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
If you wish intelligent conversation then seek to have one. There is no evidence of a 10 billion year old earth,
Because it isn't 10 billion years old. It's between 4 and 5 billion years.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
so my point was that a 100 billion year old earth is just as plausible.
You can't just invent any number you want, and call it "plausible".
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
And yes, there is a so-called find of a 195 million year old Jurassic rat or rat-like animal, who is said to be man's oldest ancestor.
All life is related, due to common descent. That doesn't make these creatures into anyone's "grandfather".
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
There is much evidence for a 7,300 year old earth.
Too few supernova remnants.
Crab Nebula (photo courtesy of NASA)
According to astronomical observations, galaxies like our own experience about one supernova (a violently-exploding star) every 25 years. The gas and dust remnants from such explosions (like the Crab Nebula) expand outward rapidly and should remain visible for over a million years. Yet the nearby parts of our galaxy in which we could observe such gas and dust shells contain only about 200 supernova remnants. That number is consistent with only about 7,000 years worth of supernovas.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2005...
These are dishonest creationist lies, which have been debunked YEARS ago. They were conjured up by deliberatly confusing the similar names of two different people (Dr. Parice of Johns Hopkins University and Dr. Francesco Paresce of the Space Telescope Science Institute and the European Space Agency), and confounded by one Keith Davies, who didn't understand the science that he was quote-mining from.

Does the Bible even tell us what supernovae are FOR? What is the purpose of red dwarf stars? Why did God create Marsquakes? What does Genesis say about Jupiter's red spot? Why does God need nebulae? Why is the universe so EMPTY?
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
Care to have an intelligent dialogue. Also, if that is your desire then denounce all the attacks and stalking from those three, boooots, catcher and lesbo...they are only here stalking pattie.
Denounce them yourself. You don't need me for that. I don't know them, I don't represent them, and they don't represent me. Patti LOVES it, or she wouldn't be here. Now you SOUND like Patti, complaining that talking to ONE person doesn't accomplish talking to EVERYONE. Well no duh! We don't all speak for each other, any more than you speak for Patti (unless you do?).

Now try proving something from the Bible. Use science to do it.

Do animals talk?

Are bats birds?

Can leprosy be cured by rubbing dove's blood on a house?

Do virgins give birth?

Should menstruating women be quarantined outside of town for a week?

Are dragons, unicorns, satyrs, giants or cockatrices real?

Can a brick tower reach space?

Can the dead crawl out of their graves?

"Magic" never was an answer for ANYTHING that humanity has ever studied. There has NEVER been a natural phenomenon that turned out to run on supernaturalism. EVERYTHING that we have EVER investigated has turned out to operate according to naturalistic principles. The magic in the Bible is no different than the magic that the Greeks thought came from Zeus, or that the Incans thought came from Quetzalcoatl.

Come to me with something REAL, and THEN I can believe it.

Location hidden

#6343 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't need a court (though I'd like one.)
My pastor officiated our ceremony.
We've had this conversation.
Sorry to disappoint you.
Your pastor is just another sell out who has no idea about what the very bible he proclaims to teach says.There are many of those flakes today who only concern themselves with the numbers and money they can fleece from people without actually teaching the bible. Your pastor is just another slug.

Location hidden

#6344 Oct 9, 2012
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pastor is just another sell out who has no idea about what the very bible he proclaims to teach says.There are many of those flakes today who only concern themselves with the numbers and money they can fleece from people without actually teaching the bible. Your pastor is just another slug.
First of all, my pastor is a WOMAN. And just what do you think they teach ministers during ALLLLL those years in seminary and missionary work? Hmm...
She was asked to come from another STATE to save a dieing congregation. She brought our church back from almost non existance and gave us a family.
What kind of Christian bashes a pastor?

You, sir, are certainly NOT a Christian.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6345 Oct 9, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Hi ya Lililth !!..
.. Patricia is in time out until 10-15. Most everyone is ignoring her due to bad behavior ..
That's precisely when "jedi" the idiot mirror twin showed up.

Location hidden

#6346 Oct 9, 2012
Now, now. Don't lend ANY force to the opposition's paranoid claims that we target them ... for ANYTHING.

Location hidden

#6347 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
First of all, my pastor is a WOMAN. And just what do you think they teach ministers during ALLLLL those years in seminary and missionary work? Hmm...
She was asked to come from another STATE to save a dieing congregation. She brought our church back from almost non existance and gave us a family.
Your pastor is a moron who couldn't care less for God or his commands. I'll bet she's gay right. She is a fraud and a human slug.

Location hidden

#6348 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
If your church believes in ignoring the bible and allowing homosexual behavior it should be dead.

Location hidden

#6349 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
By the way, read my post. Where did I say anything about the gender of your pastor? Who cares if it's a woman. Just another thing that goes against Gods commands. She wouldn't know a bible if it bit her gay ass.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#6351 Oct 9, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's precisely when "jedi" the idiot mirror twin showed up.
... mmmmmm, interesting. JEDI is just one of this idiot's many socks ..

.. claims to be a 'he' but think it's an 'it.' Is on Topix every waking hour ..

..'it' follows me from thread to thread, always defends Ms. Hadley and has a particular dislike for me. Think 'it' wants me ..

.. still, hard to believe it's Patricia. If it is, there's severe mental illness going on ..

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#6352 Oct 9, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a retired 'church employee' you say?
and here you are beating up on someone who is standing on BIBLICAL truth?
you call telling folks what the bible says about homosexuality being wrong as 'craping on others and denigrating them'? are you serious?
well clearly from what you just said, you don't spend your time IN church or IN the word of GOD as you should otherwise you would not see it as denigrating sinners by warning them so they won't die lost and split hell wide open.
you are not the kind of Christian MY church produces.
Your church creates haterosexuals. My church has gays, lesbians, and transgender people all enjoying a place at God's table along with loving heterosexual families.

What does the Bible say about judging others, Little Miss Pious Pants?

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#6353 Oct 9, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
how true! and the more i converse with these WICKED people i get a clearer and clearer understanding of that scripture and why it was said.
Isn't there a hooker on some street corner near you who needs salvation?

Location hidden

#6354 Oct 9, 2012
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pastor is a moron who couldn't care less for God or his commands. I'll bet she's gay right. She is a fraud and a human slug.
Typical juridically-minded pharisee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 3 min Wall 172
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 3 min Pietro Armando 1,198
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Terra Firma 19,754
News State warns Boy Scouts about discriminating aga... 3 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 116
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 5 min Rainbow Kid 77
What Makes a Man Want Another Man's Ass? 5 min Bravo 2 14
News Are the majority of Americans against religious... 6 min Wall 18
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 10 min Bravo 2 58
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 13 min Pietro Armando 2,070
Are the mods fair and balanced? 1 hr Poof1 654
More from around the web