So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Comments
5,741 - 5,760 of 18,016 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2013
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#6145 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
well maybe thats your problem, since you think i use vulgarity, perhaps thats why you don't recognize the difference between CLEAN words and DIRTY words.
I didn't say you use vulgarity regularly or even frequently. I did, however, document your use of it proving you a liar since you stated you NEVER use such language as well as a hypocrite for taking others to task for something you yourself do.

And as I've stated a number of times, your assertions are often insulting regardless of whether you use vulgar language.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
thats why you spew dirty words left and right and don't even know they are dirty much less care ....
Liar. When have I stated I never use foul language? I haven't. I've admitted I use words in my replies to you that are deemed offensive and disparaging. And I said I don't care that I use them when responding to YOU because I don't consider you worthy of respect.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
I DON'T USE profanity.
And yet I've documented your posts in Topix that prove otherwise, you lying c*nt.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
what i wonder is why you are so despirate you are dragging the KKK into your argument here......DO YOU REALLY think pointing out everyone elses 'bigotry' in your eyes changes what GOD has said about homosexuality being wrong?
Your the one who thinks being called a bigot is a compliment. I merely pointed out KKK members and Nazis considered their bigotry a point of pride as well.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
you are on a hunting expedition to find fault in others to make yourself feel better about your own.
Is that why you hop from thread to thread bashing gays? So you feel better about your own sinning lifestyle?

“Psalms 27:14 HOPE! ”

Since: Dec 11

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6146 Oct 7, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
Heterosexual marriage isn't addressed specifically in the US constitution either. the fundamental right to marriage is an interpreted unenumerated right that applies to all citizens. The Supreme Court cases that determined marriage was a fundamental right did not exclude and classes of citizens. Laws and customs that may have existed when the constitution was written have no bearing on the Supreme Court's rulings.
<quoted text>
No, it applies to ANY law that is passed, not just to laws that existed at the time the amendment to the US constitution was approved. The equal protection clause's meaning is determined by the interpretation of the US Supreme court, not the demented rantings of a uneducated hag like you that knows nothing about constitutional law.
<quoted text>
Indeed. And yet marriage has been ruled a fundamental right of all US citizens. Deal with it.
<quoted text>
Actually, you need to set yourself straight.
Barack Obama is your President too, Piggiecake. In case it's escaped your notice, the US only has one President at a time and that person serves as the President of the entire country.
Regardless, a President's personal opinions aren't law nor do the President's duties include interpreting the US constitution.
<quoted text>
Only the US Supreme Court can make that determination. And to date, it hasn't ruled on a such a case although it seems likely it will in the current term which started this month.
And you're hardly ion a position to whine about "deceiving" others when you still erroneously assert there isn't a fundamental right to marriage for anyone in the first place.
<quoted text>
And California's amendment has been ruled unconstitutional by federal courts. Unless the US Supreme Court accepts the appeal, California will drop off that list.
<quoted text>
And with every passing year, your bigoted world gets smaller and smaller.
actually with each passing year you draw closer and closer to the judgement.

If the president agrees it is the states decision, then you will be LONG gone before it is ever passed in all 50 states.....if ever.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6147 Oct 7, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
Your alzheimer's demented brain is obviously confused again since you're the one lying.
<quoted text>
Which still means they're canonical. And all Christians considered this books canonical until the Protestant Reformation when Protestants rescinded that status for their subsequent bibles.
<quoted text>
Just as you're ignorant of the process and timing of the canonization of the Christian new testament, likewise you're ignorant of the corresponding process for the Hebrew bible.
<quoted text>
Then why don't Protestant bibles place the texts of Hebrew scripture in the same order that Jews do?
<quoted text>
Handwritten bibles existed long before printed ones came into being and the canon of the Christian new testament was established long before 1450.
<quoted text>
And yet that ignores all the discussion and debate among early Christian leaders regarding the texts that ultimately were NOT included in the Christian new testament.
<quoted text>
And yet the texts of the Christian new testament aren't included in Jewish bibles nor are they considered divinely inspired scripture.
they do. the first 5 books of the OT are the Tanakh, or Torah.
same order
Genesis
Exodus
Lev
Numbers
Deut

same order.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6148 Oct 7, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not changed my accusation 1 iota.
No one from Britain, pilgrim or otherwise discoverd the Americas, the 'pilgrims' who travelled from the Netherlands to the Americas did not establish the first colony, nor where they the first successful settlers.
I find it odd that someone who professes to be so virtuous can tell lie upon lie without so much as a twitch...oh wait, you're a christian.
what i find odd is that EVERY link you research asking
where did the Pilgrims come from they ALL say ENGLAND
they fled TO holland first THEN came to the NEW WORLD.

so you are not being honest.

the pilgrims WERE FROM ENGLAND.

http://answers.ask.com/Society/Other/what_cou...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6149 Oct 7, 2012
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that those who live by Gods laws and are unmarried are sad and lonely? Unlike you they probably think of things other than themselves.
Those people have the hope of at least having a relationship someday - correct?

Under your scenario, gays and lesbians would not have that hope. You simply want them to live alone and never feel the love of a partner.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#6150 Oct 7, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally based on secularism, international treaty trumps domestic law, Article 11 of the treaty of tripoli states that the US is unequivocally secular.
My wife bought me a hand coloured replica of the magna carta and a copy of the 'Carbolic Smokeball' poster when I was called to The Bar, I think I prefer the smokeball poster.
.. Christians in America are being feed a pile of horse manure and they believe it! Been trying to educate someone on another thread about American history and I'm getting nowhere ..

.. only a small portion of American citizens are familiar with the Magna Carta and the clear implication that we are a secular nation. The remainder of this post is for people that think America is a Christian nation ..

.. the Treaty of Tripoli is an official public document, read aloud in its entirety to Congress and unanimously approved. Signed by John Adams, our 2nd President, it reads, "As the government of the United States of American is NOT, in any sense, FOUNDED ON THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility ....." ..

.. this Treaty only restates what the constitution, the ultimate authority on such questions, already expresses - the founders created a secular government with no religious bias. The Constitution says nothing about Christianity or God ..

.. history books leave no doubt that in the early days of the Republic, the American government was based on secular principles, that in no sense are we a nation based on Christian principles. Our constitution is based on the principles of the Magna Carta ..

.. if you'd like additional information regarding the intent of our forefathers, read Article 2 of the constitution, Chapter 1 - Section 1 of the Acts of the First Congress of the United States, the Bill of Rights or Thomas Jefferson's 1802 letter to a group of Baptists in Danbury, CT ..

.. American gays and lesbians must support our secular brothers/sisters and help clarify what the U.S.A. is - a secular nation ..

Location hidden

#6151 Oct 7, 2012
juke wrote:
Gay agendas want to convert our children to gaydom. We the majority, straight people with normal lives and intact rectal sphincters, want you gays to go back to your closet and stay out of society you sick $$@$@!@.
Why on earth are you talking about your sphincter? When you and your buddies get together do you sit around talking about how tight your sphincters are? Do you prove it to one another?
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#6152 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
they DID discover America, it was called THE NEW WORLD then
they had never been here before, it was UNexplored, UNsettled, and wasn't even FOUNDED until 1776... they were SETTLERS in a NEW land
they did come here and discover it by finding it, and settling it and experiencing it.
There were already Native Americans living in every part of what is now the US. The land was NOT undiscovered or unexplored or unsettled.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
it was referred to then as the NEW WORLD.
why? because it was NEW, and UNsettled and UNexplored.
and very much UNpopulated.
If New England was unsettled and unexplored, who did the Pilgrims have the first Thanksgiving with? Ghosts?
Pattiecake58 wrote:
so the ones from England/Brit FLED here for the reason of setting up a NEW way of life, a new system where they would not be persecuted as they were in England/Brit for their faith.
Which overlook s the fact the Puritans who settled in Massachusetts equally persecuted and even executed other Christians who didn't conform with their religious beliefs. All they did was repeat the very thing they supposedly fled, this time being the perpetrators rather than the victims.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6153 Oct 7, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
BUt your bible didn't type your post in Topix so it didn't make the assertion in Topix. YOur quibbling over being a messenger and not the message doesn't change the fact you agree with what your bible says and repeat it (ad nauseam).
And since you don't deny Christian doctrine that acceptance of Jesus as messiah is a requirement for salvation, then anyone who doesn't accept that, including those of Jewish faith, is condemned to hell.
<quoted text>
Jews don't perform sacrifices because they are only allowed to do so in the Temple. Since the second Temple was destroyed in 76 CE, Jews can no longer perform sacrifices since the place designated by God to do so no longer exists.
Jews didn't stop making sacrifices in the Temple during Jesus' ministry n earth or after his crucifixion. The sacrifices stopped because the Temple was destroyed, which occurred DECADES after Jesus' death. So God didn't end them because of Jesus; they ended because the Temple was destroyed by the Romans.
But to this day, Jews can and do atone for their sins via penitential prayer as God allowed them to do after the first Temple was destroyed as documented in Hebrew scripture. Jews have no need for a human sacrificial messiah to atone for their since since they already have the means to do so. In fact, Hebrew scripture deems human sacrifice repugnant to God as well as states each individual must atone for their own sins as someone else can't do it for you. The promised Hebrew messiah of Hebrew scripture was never about an ultimate sacrifice to atone for sin; it's about transforming humans so they can finally obey the law.
<quoted text>
You're simply wrong as there are a number of people in Hebrew scripture that stand in God's presence who are not "blameless" and yet not destroyed or rejected by God. God has never required His children to be perfect or blameless as a prerequisite to interacting with Him.
BINGO...exactly, i DO stand in agreement with the bible.

finally you get it.

and it does matter, i could tell you there is a Stop sign at the intersection of 5th street and main street and if you didn't receive that information as fact you would be the one in danger.

same with sharing the message of GOD'S word.

well DUH, where is your ability to reason?
you are telling me that up until the distruction of the 2nd temple Jews found it NECESSARY and IMPORTANT to sacrifice to make atonement for their sins.........and now they no longer do?
all those years and no Jew has chosen to rebuild another temple to continue on obeying what they did before the second temple was distroyed right after Jesus ascended to heaven?

how come? didn't they stop to consider that IF christ isn't the Messiah they better keep on sacrificing on alters to atone for their sins? don't you think they would of built a temple ASAP so that no jew would die without his or her sins being atoned for?

you don't reason things out, you just grab excuses.

the third temple was not said to be rebuilt until the latter times.
now YOU TELL ME, if a Jew stopped sacrificing LONG AGO, and they don't embrace the Son of God, then why don't they care enough about their eternal souls to continue on as they did before Jesus?
what has prevented them from rebuilding the 3rd temple?

USE YOUR BRAIN.
it would help a great deal if you read the bible.

Location hidden

#6154 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are a corndog.
you truly are.
1. i did not say BRITIAN discovered America YOU LIAR
for the LAST time i said some FLED England/Brit to settle in
the NEW world. i even sent a link. so that makes YOU the
liar.
if you are not AFRAID to be proven wrong open the History link and read it for yourself.
http://www.pilgrimhall.org/whopilg.htm
they were called SEPARATISTS.... they fled from ENGLAND/Brit
they were persecuted for their religious faith....
they settled America in 1620
when was America FOUNDED? 1776?
do you really want to argue this?
2. your lies are OLD......and very tiresome.
skirting the issue here won't change the FACT GOD says SS is wrong.
Sorry, Pattie - everyone knows you are a liar.

You said they DISCOVERED America. Are you really going to lie and say that you didn't say that?

Location hidden

#6155 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
great dodge is right, you are trying to skirt the issue of this thread about SS and SSM by asking questions about Noah's flood.
i am wise enough to KNOW anything said will only insite a negitive response from you.
the records of Josephus manuscripts calculated the flood was 1556 after the creation of Adam.
according to the KJV bible the flood was 1656 yrs after the creation of Adam.
http://www.creationtips.com/flooddate.html
And when was Adam created Pattie - come on, you said the bible has all the answers!

Location hidden

#6156 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
unless you can take credit for all of creation then there is TONS of evidence that GOD did it all.
Really? The choices for all of creation are me or god?

I feel so special!

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6157 Oct 7, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"the records of Josephus manuscripts calculated the flood was 1556 after the creation of Adam.
according to the KJV bible the flood was 1656 yrs after the creation of Adam." YOUR WORDS.
make up your mind, either you accept the figures you posted or you don't even though the josephus figure you posted is off by 1000 years.
How can you say something is a fact on one page and ignore it on the next page? DOUBLETHINK! You're mentally ill.
NO those are NOT my words.... i attached the link from which that information came.

the records of Josephus SAY that.
but the KJV bible says differently
and we lean to the scriptures FIRST and foremost as the accurate data.
the fact Josephus recorded HIS calculations, was to show you that there was recorded history of it OUTSIDE the bible as well.

Location hidden

#6158 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHA no you are waiting for an answer YOU like.
what does GOD require of us?
"He has shown you O man, what is GOOD; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8
John 4 says we are to worship GOD in spirit and in TRUTH.
HIS truth.
GOD says you were created with a sound mind, a conscience and free will to choose.
GOD does not create you TO sin......you are born 'into' sin by nature, and with your free will you CHOOSE what you will or will not do.
GOD does not create one to 'be' gay and then call him or her an abomination...
you either walk by the flesh or by the spirit.
YOU CHOOSE.
sexual sins are no more a sin than any other sin is a sin.
temptation comes from satan.........the father of lies tells you that if it feels right, it must be right.
and many swallow that lie.
which wars against the spirit.
Poor Pattie - this is getting sad! If the bible has all the answers, why can't you answer a simple question?

If god doesn't want people to be gay, should they be celibate and alone for their entire life or should they enter into marriages with heterosexuals who they will never be attracted to and who they will never love the way the love someone of their own gender?

I'm starting to think you may not know the bible very well after all...

Since: May 11

Cardiff, UK

#6159 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
what i find odd is that EVERY link you research asking
where did the Pilgrims come from they ALL say ENGLAND
they fled TO holland first THEN came to the NEW WORLD.
so you are not being honest.
the pilgrims WERE FROM ENGLAND.
http://answers.ask.com/Society/Other/what_cou...
Are you pi$$ed? No one has ever said that the 'pilgrims' were not English. You said that they[the 'pilgrims'] discovered America, you said they were the first settlers, you said they started the first successful colony, it's in your own words all over this thread, and now you tell lie upon lie when the facts are right there to be seen.

That ability is what makes you a christian.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#6160 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHHAHAHAHAA what a ding-a-ling.
you think the bible was changed? of course you do, your agenda is the work of the devil..........
the discovery of the dead sea scrolls PROVED the OT was accurate
UNCHANGED
I said removed the canonical status of the Apocrypha. Do you even know what that means?
Christian bibles included the Apocrypha as part of their "old" testament until the Protestant Reformation when most Protestants removed its canonical status and some even removed the texts from their bible altogether. It's historical fact. Which you obviously don't know since you received a "B" for Bozo in history.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
the NT for your information was comprised of the ORIGINAL Greek/Latin TEXTS as in ORIGINAL.
from fragments and shards and such.
I never said anything about changing the texts comprising the Christian new testament, you feckless, moron.

And none of the new testament was written in Latin as you stupidly assert.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
why don't you open a bible to the front cover and read the HISTORY of how we got it, before you embarrass yourself any further.
the word of GOD has not been changed.
And yet Protestants removed the canonical status of the Apocrypha. The texts of the Apocrypha were originally accepted by Christians as divinely inspired and then Protestants deemed them no so. So either original Christians were incorrect or current Protestants are incorrect. Either way, Christian views on what constitutes the word of God have indeed changed.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
so you can't use that as an excuse to blow off His laws and statutes so you can feel all cozy and snug in your sins without guilt.
I'm not using it as an excuse for anything. I'm simply pointing out your ignorance of the history of your own religion.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6161 Oct 7, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL now you want to get back on topic?
Pattiecake58 wrote:
"no, i got a B in History and i did NOT say the founding fathers were born in another country.
i said the ones that discovered America fled another country (Brit)
to establish a FREE nation...
listen to what i am saying before you rush to answer.
http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/columbus.h ...
im not a grandmother.
perhaps any social services in your area would be happy to send you to classes to help you overcome your rudness issues with people you don't agree with."
Do you think that Patty would be accepted in an adult class to upgrade her basic school knowledge, or is there anything there for the teachers to work with? My concern, based on watching how she functions here, and having done so for over 2 years is that she is not teachable.

Putting her in a class would be a waste of the public's money or her own, if she had to pay for the classes, and a terrible waste of the teachers' time, IMO.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#6162 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO those are NOT my words.... i attached the link from which that information came.
the fact Josephus recorded HIS calculations, was to show you that there was recorded history of it OUTSIDE the bible as well.
I'm new to this thread, this is my first visit.
I think I know you.
Are you Yellodog?

Since: May 11

Cardiff, UK

#6163 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that the dates given by that site[hilarious it was too] is that the 'great deluge' happened around 2300BCE that is before the alleged birth of jesus.

So how can you say you have nothing from which to reference a timeline?

You would have us believe that this birth was 2012 years ago would you not?

WHICH MEANS THAT THE EGYPTIAN OLD KINGDOM INCLUDING THE BUILDING OF THE PYRAMIDS AND THE OLD KINDOMS CROWNING ACHIVEMENTS OCCURED DURING THE ALLEGED FLOOD!

Either you agree with the dates or you don't in which case how can yu ever cite josephus as a source for anything if you only accept the parts which FIT.

The Middle Kingdom of Egypt did not consist of 63 people all of whom were descended from Noah!

.......now quote some bible like a good girl.
King James

Farmington, MO

#6164 Oct 7, 2012
Being a gay man, when I commissioned my version of the bible, I asserted that all anti gay sentiment should be omitted. When I approved the final copy, I was pleased that homosexuality was not a topic for the church to consider.

Now all you people that use my bible! Please stop trying to make it say something that it doesn't!

GAY IS OK!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 12 min SevenTee 54,887
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 17 min KiMerde 24,886
7 Surprising Ways Your Company Can Still Discri... 17 min Albert 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min KiMerde 49,506
Colombia allows lesbian couple to adopt child 21 min Albert 5
Protester storms Families meeting 27 min JohnInToronto 1
Author says Putin should not be allowed at G20 ... 31 min JohnInToronto 4
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 41 min JohnInToronto 43
Biggest Gay Lies 1 hr Mikey 1,654
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 1 hr lides 408
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 1 hr Wondering 543
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE