So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18,015

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Full Story

“Psalms 27:14 HOPE! ”

Since: Dec 11

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6124 Oct 7, 2012
DNF wrote:
So tell us what your REALLY afraid of Pattie?
Could it be being ignored?
the ONLY thing i concern myself with is 'doing the right thing' and i would FAR rather be seen as a bigot in YOUR eyes than i would to offend GOD.
you see GOD has my best interest at heart, you don't, you would delight in dragging me to hell with you if you thought for a moment you could.....

what are YOU afraid of? not being accepted by your peers?
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#6125 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHA what a corndog.......LOL
EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE CONSTITUTION. when was the constitution written Eienstien? was homosexual marriage implimented in the Federal constitution? then it is not a constitutal LAW being protected in the constitution.
Heterosexual marriage isn't addressed specifically in the US constitution either. the fundamental right to marriage is an interpreted unenumerated right that applies to all citizens. The Supreme Court cases that determined marriage was a fundamental right did not exclude and classes of citizens. Laws and customs that may have existed when the constitution was written have no bearing on the Supreme Court's rulings.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
EQUAL PROTECTION for all means that whatever laws WERE IN PLACE are protected.
No, it applies to ANY law that is passed, not just to laws that existed at the time the amendment to the US constitution was approved. The equal protection clause's meaning is determined by the interpretation of the US Supreme court, not the demented rantings of a uneducated hag like you that knows nothing about constitutional law.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
you people keep trying to LIE and say the federal constitution protects SSM.
it doesn't.
it doesn't even mention heterosexual marriage.
Indeed. And yet marriage has been ruled a fundamental right of all US citizens. Deal with it.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
let me set you straight on what your current president said in May of this year when He shared his PERSONAL OPINION on SSM, he also stated NO FEDERAL LAWS SHOULD HINDER STATE BASED LAWS ON SSM.
He said the decision should be left to the STATES to decide.
look it up.
Actually, you need to set yourself straight.

Barack Obama is your President too, Piggiecake. In case it's escaped your notice, the US only has one President at a time and that person serves as the President of the entire country.

Regardless, a President's personal opinions aren't law nor do the President's duties include interpreting the US constitution.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
so everytime you try to MISuse the Federal constitution and wrongfully proclaim it includes or protects SSM, you are deceiving yourself and others.
Only the US Supreme Court can make that determination. And to date, it hasn't ruled on a such a case although it seems likely it will in the current term which started this month.

And you're hardly ion a position to whine about "deceiving" others when you still erroneously assert there isn't a fundamental right to marriage for anyone in the first place.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
43 states AMENDED their state constitutions to only recognize marriage between one man and one woman. THAT is the law for those 43 states.
And California's amendment has been ruled unconstitutional by federal courts. Unless the US Supreme Court accepts the appeal, California will drop off that list.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
7 allow it, 43 do not.[QUOTE who="Pattiecake58"]
And how many allowed 10 years ago? None. And two more states have already approved legal recognition of same sex marriages subject to voter confirmation next month.

[QUOTE who="Pattiecake58"]t hat is the world you are living in at this time in history.
And with every passing year, your bigoted world gets smaller and smaller.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6126 Oct 7, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not "every single atheist". Maybe this is a difficult concept for you. We're all different people. If a 100 Christians asked me the same question, then I'd answer a 100 times.
If I refused even once, then they would be justified in accusing me of dodging the questions.
<quoted text>
Yet all I hear is that you HAVE listed the evidence. Where? When? How can I find your list? At this point, I don't even have evidence that YOU have evidence. It just looks like you don't like being asked for it.
I'm not even sure why you're here on Topix, "discussing" this subject. You seem to resent being approached for conversation, which is the whole point of forums like this.
<quoted text>
There's that denial again. "Oh, the evidence is so OBVIOUS that I don't have to list it, you just don't WANT to see it".
This is dodging.
<quoted text>
That's "inferring", it's not evidence. The universe doesn't have a giant tag on it saying "Made by Jehovah".
<quoted text>
Perfection like cerebral palsy or Down syndrome? The design of nature like the Loa Loa? Why would a god create such an invasive and destructive creature?
<quoted text>
Truth isn't "felt", it's confirmed by demonstration and repetition. We don't learn things by letting our emotions run away with us.
<quoted text>
CAN you? I keep asking, you keep dodging...
<quoted text>
Isn't that what a Buddhist would say? Or a Shintoist? Or a Sikh? Or a Wiccan?
<quoted text>
This is one of the least informative, circular statements I'll hear all day.
<quoted text>
My questions are how I seek truth. Christians seem to want me punished for this. It seems as if they would ENCOURAGE God to continue to ignore me for it.
<quoted text>
And I still don't know what you consider a "miracle". A disease healed by doctors? Lost car keys found? Somewhere in between?
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to "take" anything from you. I'm just curious about your beliefs, but you seem to view these questions as some kind of "theft".
<quoted text>
I see evidence of the universe, but that only proves that the universe exists. If I wanted, I could MAKE myself see "evidence" of Zeus, or Allah, or Quetzalcoatl, or aliens, or tree spirits, or a flying spaghetti monster. REAL evidence can be presented by anyone, and confirmed by anyone else, and it will always be the same.
if those 100 christians were on the same page as you are and hearing the same answer 100 times over and over, and they still kept asking the same question that would mean they were not paying attention or intentionally begging the question for the purpose of argument.
which is wrong.

one should not have to repeat themselves that many times.
you have 2 eyes, 2 ears, a mind, a conscience,a brain and free will
same as me.
you have the ability to SEEK GOD same as me.
you have the ability to behold creation in your vision and see that it is a CREATION of 'order and design' and that man can NOT re-create any of it from scratch.
what you DON'T have is the desire or will to seek GOD ... and know for yourself the truth.

until you muster up some genuine DESIRE ... nothing anyone says to you will matter one iota.
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#6127 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
boy, you have a BAD case of 'liearea'
Your alzheimer's demented brain is obviously confused again since you're the one lying.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
the catholics have 7 extra books called teh deuterocanon.
Which still means they're canonical. And all Christians considered this books canonical until the Protestant Reformation when Protestants rescinded that status for their subsequent bibles.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
and you MOron, the OT bible was written THOUSANDS of years prior to the idea or word 'christain' even being in existance.
Just as you're ignorant of the process and timing of the canonization of the Christian new testament, likewise you're ignorant of the corresponding process for the Hebrew bible.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
the JEWISH scribes placed the OT in its proper order
Then why don't Protestant bibles place the texts of Hebrew scripture in the same order that Jews do?
Pattiecake58 wrote:
the NT was not put into print until 1450 and the NEW testiment was a comprisal of the GOSPELS.
Handwritten bibles existed long before printed ones came into being and the canon of the Christian new testament was established long before 1450.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
the Apistles letters........wasn't hard to put them in order due to the time line of the events.
And yet that ignores all the discussion and debate among early Christian leaders regarding the texts that ultimately were NOT included in the Christian new testament.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
the NT was written by JEWS not christians.
And yet the texts of the Christian new testament aren't included in Jewish bibles nor are they considered divinely inspired scripture.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6128 Oct 7, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You think everyone has selective memory syndrome like you?
No one who was British deiscovered the Americas, the 'pilgrims' did not discover america, and they were not the first settlers.
Do you remember the point yet dullard?
how far will you go to distort the truth so you can tell yourself you are not wrong?

how PATHETIC you are.
every post you send you change your accusation.

if you sit there and say NO ONE British was a PILGRIM who settled America then you are boldly and out and out LYING.
you are lying big time.

THEY FLED FROM ENGLAND in 1620 to come to the NEW WORLD to escape religious persecution in ENGLAND.
your proof
http://answers.ask.com/Society/Other/what_cou...

they came to what was called the NEW WORLD.
NEW.
UNexplored, UNsettled and UNfounded.
"AMERICA" was not founded until 1776

they SETTLED in 1620

a NEW WORLD.
a NEW way of life
a NEW land to be settled.

what do you think the definition of PILGRIM is?

when i went to school
our history of the discovery of America consisted of the Pilgrims
Plymouth rock, the 3 ships, Columbus, the Native American indians.

it is a FACT the pilgrams FLED FROM ENGLAND and settled in the NEW world to escape relgious persecution in ENGLAND.
thats a fact
i sent you a link

so stop arguing

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6129 Oct 7, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL now you want to get back on topic?
Pattiecake58 wrote:
"no, i got a B in History and i did NOT say the founding fathers were born in another country.
i said the ones that discovered America fled another country (Brit)
to establish a FREE nation...
listen to what i am saying before you rush to answer.
http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/columbus.h ...
im not a grandmother.
perhaps any social services in your area would be happy to send you to classes to help you overcome your rudness issues with people you don't agree with."
just steams your corn doesn't it that the Pilgrims fled England because of persecution there, and they settled in the NEW WORLD now known as America where later FREEDOM was established.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6130 Oct 7, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
the 'great flood' which killed every human (except 8) occured 100 years before the great kingdom of egypt was at it's height.
IT NEVER HAPPENED
HAHAHAHA OF COURSE YOU SAY THAT...you don't believe in GOD or any thing the bible says.......so in order to be a 'faithful ATHEIST' you must think that way..........LOL

you didn't live in the begining of history, so you would not be what anyone could call as a 'reliable source' of it not happening.

just your own personal opinion....based on your rejection of GOD.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#6131 Oct 7, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text> [trimmed for emphasis]
The thread's topic isn't homosexuality or same sex marriage, you lying c*nt. The actual topic is "So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?"
.. don't believe in censorship but would like to put Ms. Hadley in 'time-out'(ignore) through 10-15. What do you think ??..

With Established Harem

#6132 Oct 7, 2012
juke wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a "happy lesbian"....your lives are plagued with turmoil and drama.
.. excuse me - do we know each other ??..

Since: May 11

Cardiff, UK

#6133 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
how far will you go to distort the truth so you can tell yourself you are not wrong?
how PATHETIC you are.
every post you send you change your accusation.
if you sit there and say NO ONE British was a PILGRIM who settled America then you are boldly and out and out LYING.
you are lying big time.
THEY FLED FROM ENGLAND in 1620 to come to the NEW WORLD to escape religious persecution in ENGLAND.
your proof
they came to what was called the NEW WORLD.
NEW.
UNexplored, UNsettled and UNfounded.
"AMERICA" was not founded until 1776
they SETTLED in 1620
a NEW WORLD.
a NEW way of life
a NEW land to be settled.
what do you think the definition of PILGRIM is?
when i went to school
our history of the discovery of America consisted of the Pilgrims
Plymouth rock, the 3 ships, Columbus, the Native American indians.
it is a FACT the pilgrams FLED FROM ENGLAND and settled in the NEW world to escape relgious persecution in ENGLAND.
thats a fact
i sent you a link
so stop arguing
I have not changed my accusation 1 iota.

No one from Britain, pilgrim or otherwise discoverd the Americas, the 'pilgrims' who travelled from the Netherlands to the Americas did not establish the first colony, nor where they the first successful settlers.

I find it odd that someone who professes to be so virtuous can tell lie upon lie without so much as a twitch...oh wait, you're a christian.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6134 Oct 7, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
8 humans, population growth rate of 2.2(which is VERY HIGH) even with the genetically screwed products of incest in 100 years gives a global population of....
DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....
63.....wait, what?
63 people on the planet to build everything in egypt, rule over all those thousands of slaves.....sorry the egyptians are dead.......so who kept the Israelites in bondage for all those years.....wait where did all those Israelites come from? They weren't alive.....umm it's a bit of a mess. isn't it?
and thats what a 'stunted' mind would say.

LOL

you have not the first clue of the TIME FRAME that existed from GEN 1 to the Flood, or from the Flood to the next event.
no one can know the exact time, cause GOD didn't chose to tell you how many years passed before each event occured.

and here you are spewing RANDOM thoughts around as if there were biblical facts.

this is why you are an atheist......

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6135 Oct 7, 2012
juke wrote:
Gay agendas want to convert our children to gaydom. We the majority, straight people with normal lives and intact rectal sphincters, want you gays to go back to your closet and stay out of society you sick $$@$@!@.
Actually, you are wrong because the majority vote, according to the most recent polls in the USA, says that most favor gay marriage. We have had it in Canada for several years as has some other countries, and it affects nothing in the lives of anyone who isn't gay, who just happen to also be most people. Gays are a small minority of the population, and those gays who want to be married are even a smaller group so why it would affect you or I is beyond imagining.

The only possible reason for someone opposing gay marriage is homophobia and bigotry.

With Established Harem

#6136 Oct 7, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's zero point posting then she has to be cut-off, no sugar for pattie at all, not even a, "Hi", if we're going to use tough-love then it has to be blanket absolute silence! Why does this feel like an intervention?
.....maybe my wife is a prophet?
.. she is, she is! Give her a big smooch from HL ..

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6137 Oct 7, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text> [trimmed for emphasis]
The thread's topic isn't homosexuality or same sex marriage, you lying c*nt. The actual topic is "So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?"
YO, potty mouth,'anti-gay' what does that say to you?
that it is about the issue of homosexuality.
DUH.

you are either here to PROMOTE IT or OPPOSE IT.
you choose what you will build your support of it upon
and i will choose what i build my opposition of it upon.

don't try to dictate to me how i can discuss an issue.
you row your boat and i will row mine.

With Established Harem

#6138 Oct 7, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked my PM and there was bugger-all there!
What's occurring?
.. still plowing field. Seeds will be planted tomorrow ..

.. let's change the topic so we'll all have something to chat about ..

.. your esteemed legal opinion is requested. Was the United States Constitution based on Christianity of secularism ??..

**long live the Magna Carta !!..
Passing Through

Chicago, IL

#6139 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
no, i didn't assert it.
for the hundredeth time, I DID NOT WRITE THE BIBLE.
GOD'S word asserts without accepting the gift of salvation thru Christ you can NOT enter into heaven.
your goodness is like filthy rags before a HOLY GOD
and the bible states that sacrifice has ALWAYS been required by GOD for the remission of sins.
so if your sins are not covered under the sacrifice of Christ, you aren't forgiven.
the BIBLE says so......and i agree with it.
fact is, the BIBLE says it.
BUt your bible didn't type your post in Topix so it didn't make the assertion in Topix. YOur quibbling over being a messenger and not the message doesn't change the fact you agree with what your bible says and repeat it (ad nauseam).

And since you don't deny Christian doctrine that acceptance of Jesus as messiah is a requirement for salvation, then anyone who doesn't accept that, including those of Jewish faith, is condemned to hell.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
and when Christ died on the cross the VEIL WAS TORN FROM TOP TO BOTTOM according to eyewittness reports in the scriptures and the holy of holies was NO MORE.
Jews don't sacrifice to atone for their sins on alters.
havent since GOD ended it with Christ.
Jews don't perform sacrifices because they are only allowed to do so in the Temple. Since the second Temple was destroyed in 76 CE, Jews can no longer perform sacrifices since the place designated by God to do so no longer exists.

Jews didn't stop making sacrifices in the Temple during Jesus' ministry n earth or after his crucifixion. The sacrifices stopped because the Temple was destroyed, which occurred DECADES after Jesus' death. So God didn't end them because of Jesus; they ended because the Temple was destroyed by the Romans.

But to this day, Jews can and do atone for their sins via penitential prayer as God allowed them to do after the first Temple was destroyed as documented in Hebrew scripture. Jews have no need for a human sacrificial messiah to atone for their since since they already have the means to do so. In fact, Hebrew scripture deems human sacrifice repugnant to God as well as states each individual must atone for their own sins as someone else can't do it for you. The promised Hebrew messiah of Hebrew scripture was never about an ultimate sacrifice to atone for sin; it's about transforming humans so they can finally obey the law.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
fact is, NO PERSON is good enough to stand blameless before a holy and righteous GOD on their own merit.
if you think you can, your a fool who will discover the reality of your error all to soon.
You're simply wrong as there are a number of people in Hebrew scripture that stand in God's presence who are not "blameless" and yet not destroyed or rejected by God. God has never required His children to be perfect or blameless as a prerequisite to interacting with Him.

Cardiff, UK

#6140 Oct 7, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
and thats what a 'stunted' mind would say.
LOL
you have not the first clue of the TIME FRAME that existed from GEN 1 to the Flood, or from the Flood to the next event.
no one can know the exact time, cause GOD didn't chose to tell you how many years passed before each event occured.
and here you are spewing RANDOM thoughts around as if there were biblical facts.
this is why you are an atheist......
"the records of Josephus manuscripts calculated the flood was 1556 after the creation of Adam.
according to the KJV bible the flood was 1656 yrs after the creation of Adam." YOUR WORDS.

make up your mind, either you accept the figures you posted or you don't even though the josephus figure you posted is off by 1000 years.

How can you say something is a fact on one page and ignore it on the next page? DOUBLETHINK! You're mentally ill.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6142 Oct 7, 2012
True wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... they're afraid to open a Bible and read it. Because these people prefer darkness rather than light, they don't want to come to the light as it would mean having to expose their evil deeds. Just as the Bible says in John chapter 3 verse 19. You hit it right on the head!
you are so right! sin is like junk food ...taste good going down but stresses the body in a negitive way.

and have you noticed that it is ONLY the 'leftists who complain and yammmer about their 'rights' all the time?

Atheism is a NON-"PROPHET" organization.
you can lead them to the truth but you can't make them think.

they LOVE the darkness.

but i will continue to sow seeds of the faith and stay busy being about the Fathers business no matter what pooeyhoo they sling my way.

have a great week!

Cardiff, UK

#6143 Oct 7, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. still plowing field. Seeds will be planted tomorrow ..
.. let's change the topic so we'll all have something to chat about ..
.. your esteemed legal opinion is requested. Was the United States Constitution based on Christianity of secularism ??..
**long live the Magna Carta !!..
Totally based on secularism, international treaty trumps domestic law, Article 11 of the treaty of tripoli states that the US is unequivocally secular.

My wife bought me a hand coloured replica of the magna carta and a copy of the 'Carbolic Smokeball' poster when I was called to The Bar, I think I prefer the smokeball poster.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#6144 Oct 7, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
Heterosexual marriage isn't addressed specifically in the US constitution either. the fundamental right to marriage is an interpreted unenumerated right that applies to all citizens. The Supreme Court cases that determined marriage was a fundamental right did not exclude and classes of citizens. Laws and customs that may have existed when the constitution was written have no bearing on the Supreme Court's rulings.
<quoted text>
No, it applies to ANY law that is passed, not just to laws that existed at the time the amendment to the US constitution was approved. The equal protection clause's meaning is determined by the interpretation of the US Supreme court, not the demented rantings of a uneducated hag like you that knows nothing about constitutional law.
<quoted text>
Indeed. And yet marriage has been ruled a fundamental right of all US citizens. Deal with it.
<quoted text>
Actually, you need to set yourself straight.
Barack Obama is your President too, Piggiecake. In case it's escaped your notice, the US only has one President at a time and that person serves as the President of the entire country.
Regardless, a President's personal opinions aren't law nor do the President's duties include interpreting the US constitution.
<quoted text>
Only the US Supreme Court can make that determination. And to date, it hasn't ruled on a such a case although it seems likely it will in the current term which started this month.
And you're hardly ion a position to whine about "deceiving" others when you still erroneously assert there isn't a fundamental right to marriage for anyone in the first place.
<quoted text>
And California's amendment has been ruled unconstitutional by federal courts. Unless the US Supreme Court accepts the appeal, California will drop off that list.
<quoted text>
And with every passing year, your bigoted world gets smaller and smaller.
I am dealing with it just fine.
my state including 42 other states ammended their state constitutions for heterosexual marriage ONLY.
Federal government can't and won't MAKE states mandate it against their will.

i am happy as a clam.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 3 min One Question 5,261
Eminem Gay? 'The Interview' Clip of the Rapper ... 6 min No Way 1
Day After Christmas NE Jade Thread 29 min Wilbur 18
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 48 min Die Hard Arkie 68,601
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 51 min hal 26,970
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 56 min Newt G s Next Wife 3,115
Forces see transphobic crime hike 59 min Newt G s Next Wife 11
Supreme Court Has 'Tipped Its Hand' In Favor Of... 1 hr Newt G s Next Wife 25
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 4 hr Reverend Alan 93
More from around the web