So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18,016

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Monterey Park, CA

#5767 Oct 5, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
i didn't blow anything.
i sent links to back up what i said.
who do you think discovered America, space aliens? HAHAHAHA
and the bible does have every answer to lifes questions.
GOD wants everyone to live according to HIS design and HIS will.
Who did "discover" America, according to you?
Dalton

Mountain Home, AR

#5768 Oct 5, 2012
I'm gay and I believe in god. I do not think I'm going to be thrown in hell. Honestly I don't think I believe in hell. Our god is loving and just. Do you really think there is something you can do that is worth an eternity of suffering... of course not. Our god would not do that to his children.

“Psalms 27:14 HOPE! ”

Since: Dec 11

Cincinnati, Ohio

#5769 Oct 5, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no care about how YOU feel about me or the language I choose to you. You're a contemptible, lying bigot. Your thoughts and opinions are worth less than a heaping, steaming pile of feces.
<quoted text>
The exception being my use of foul language is protected free speech and your desire to "smack" people that annoy you would constitute assault and battery, which is illegal.
And by the way, I see you skipped over responding to my post #5359 (link:http://www.topix.com/for um/news/gay/T85ELBGC735FQ7PJ5/ post5359) that documented your previous use of the offensive and disparaging words "f*g" and "f*ggy". So all you do is prove yourself a hypocrite for whining about the language of others when you yourself use foul language when it suits you, you contemptible c*nt.
of course you have no care about the language you use.
i already know that, so does anyone else who reads your filth laden posts.
no surprise there tinytim.

every time you call me a bigot, i SMILE feel complimented.
because,
"My brethren, COUNT IT ALL JOY when you fall into various trials, KNOWING that the testing of your faith produces patience."
James 1:2

you can say any old wicked thing you want to about me.
matters not.
you are not my judge.....GOD is.
and HIS word is my instruction.
unlike you i don't live my life according to MY 'feelings'
i trust and depend on what GOD says in HIS eternal and perfect word.

and i have the greatest confidence knowing that HIS promises are sealed on earth as well as in heaven.

"There is therefore now NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the spirit." Romans 8:1

thats why you are no match for my faith.
because my faith is anchored in the only one who can give life or take life.

He tells us to teach and preach and share the message in season and out of season, reproving and rebuking and that is exactly what i intend to do.......inspite of your opposition.

so when i tell you homosexuality is an abomination unto GOD,
and prove it scripturally and you call me a bigot ... i count it all joy........cause the very fact you persecute that knowledge GOD sent forth, PROVES that i am doing it right.

so you keep on calling me a bigot, thats a compliment when it comes to issues of morality.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#5770 Oct 5, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
the pilgrams DID flee England, look it up.
the pilgrams were religious folk, Look it up.
**SNIPPED FOR STUPIDITY**
.. speaking of the "pilgrams," some of their crimes against humanity are cringe-worthy ..

.. for example - Mary Dyer, a Quaker, was publicly hanged in 1660 by these "pilgrams" because of her religious beliefs. You see, theocracy ruled in the Massachusetts Bay Colony and Puritan pastors created rules based on biblical standards of justice ..

.. yep, the 'pilgrams' were religious folk, followed the Bible literally, hung Mary Dyer ..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5771 Oct 5, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
no that is not patty this is patty:
or both of them would get along famously with patty...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hSKReGF6IwwXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Wow!! Amazing!! You found a video of her. Except for the skin and hair color I would say the 2nd one is her, but the first one has to be.

The other difference is both of these people appear to have gone away when asked.
Passing Through

United States

#5772 Oct 5, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL why am i mentally ill? because i love and trust GOD?
because i trust His inspired word? beause i oppose immoral behavior? because i live my faith?
because I share my faith?
i am not mentally ill you MISGUIDED person.
On the contrary, you demonstrate multiple symptoms of mental illness and it has nothing to do with your faith or religious beliefs (seriously, do you never tire of telling that lie?). You're delusional, irrational, paranoid, suffer from serious memory impairment and are a pathological liar.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
you are just angry because i won't let you get away with trying to peddle your love of immoral behavior as acceptable or right.
Advocating for equal protection under the law for all citizens as guaranteed by the US constitution is not "peddling immoral behavior". However, your continued disappointment that the US isn't a Christian theocracy is noted.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
thats your problem...not mine.
Since you're the one whining incessantly about my posts, it seems it is a problem for you.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#5773 Oct 5, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I'm so glad you posted this. I'm not Jewish but I have learned a great deal about what the Jewish Faith in it's various forms teaches by reading up on things posted by people like you, Golem and a few others.
It must be pretty infuriating to be lectured about your own faith and beliefs by people who have very little understanding of your faith.
It seems to be fairly common with a lot of christian to do just that. But I rarely see anyone who is Jewish lecture Christians on what Christianity is.
you said you rarely see anyone who is jewish lecture christians on what christianity is? then you must never have read any of Golems posts..........

He was forever bashing Christianity just as Passing Through does now.

and let me TRY to explain something to you.
any JEW or any Christian who 'ignors' scriptures that warn you NOT to do something and they do it anyway, is in direct rebellion against GOD.
you can NOT be a Jew or a Chrisitan in truth if you practice those things the word of GOD forbids.
Golem was intelligent on hebrew yes
He knew the OT bible yes
but HE did NOT follow it or obey it, because he was engaging in homosexuality which the bible is clear about.....
thats where you get into the difference between a person being religious, OR worshipping GOD IN TRUTH according to HIS statutes and laws.

passing through is simply here to bash the Christian faith and the Son of GOD with blasphemy and disrespect because of his own personal unbelief.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#5774 Oct 5, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
you are not questioning..... you are scoffing.
your mind is made up and sealed in rejection.
Not really. I'm open-minded to possibilities. But believers NEVER answer. They scoff at questioning. They reject answering.

If my questions seem silly or less-than-serious, that's because the claims that I'm questioning are silly. The Bible has stories of magic and impossibility. When I ask how any of this could work, the answer is always: more magic.

But magic never was a real answer, not to any question that humanity has ever asked. I can't take that as an answer.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
it is healthy to question, and seek out the truth, but when the truth is made available with evidences and you still question it, thats not healthy thats just foolish.
What "evidence"? The Bible is not evidence, except evidence for what some people believe. It's not evidence, any more than the Quran is evidence, or the Hindu Vedas, or the Bhagavad Gita.

Do you believe that all THOSE books constitute evidence? I have to suspect that you don't. If not, why not? Don't you "scoff" at the claims of other religions? Do you do it because they fail to answer your questions, or just because you feel sure that your religion is correct, WITHOUT asking them any questions?

I've asked for examples of prophecy from the Bible. You haven't answered.

I've asked for your definition of "miracle". You haven't answered.

I've just never had a theist answer these questions. They hardly even try. They tell me I shouldn't ask. They tell me I'm mocking just by asking. They tell me the answers should be "obvious" to me, without elaborating.

Why SHOULDN'T I reject your religion, when it's defended and supported so poorly? If you HAVE answers, then why not GIVE them, instead of chastising me for asking?

If you're offended by me asking about talking animals, keep in mind that I'm not the one who put them in there.

If it bothers you that I compare the Bible to the (much older) Odyssey, then explain why.

When theists refuse and refuse and refuse to answer, it only sounds like you HAVE no answers to give. This is not convincing. If your religion is so "true", then the answers should come EASILY, and they should be resoundingly convincing. Instead, believers withhold any answers, and rebuke the questioner. This is what people WITHOUT answers do.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#5775 Oct 5, 2012
DNF wrote:
Yet when I confront many of these "christians" on the errancy of their beliefs and statements I get the whole "Christ tore the veil" story, so those rules don't apply schtick.
Then when I ask why they are cherry picking rules that apply and don't apply now, I get told I just don't understand.
And that's true. I DON'T understand how any of these people can use the teachings of Jesus as a political weapon and feel justified in doing that.
To me Jesus was trying to tell us our focus should be on ourselves and our relationship with God and not focus on keeping lists of the sins our neighbors commit.
Christ didn't tear the veil.
it was what happened when Christ died on the cross, the POWER of GOD at that moment is what ripped the veil.....and the POINT of the veil being ripped by GOD was a sign that that the sacrifice of Christ on the cross .......FINISHED IT.
no more sacrifices on alters to atone for mans sins would ever be required again.
thats why GOD ripped the veil in the Holy of Holies where HE dwelled amid the sacrifices made to Him before He gave His Son to be the final and last sacrifice for mans sins.

i don't cherry pick rules which are GOD'S laws and statutes.
the Holy bible is comprised of more than just the laws of GOD to mankind, it is history, events, prophecy, praise, the entire plan of GOD from begining to end.

what don't you understand about "living the faith"? no one is using the teachings of Christ as a weapon.
if He says to you 'don't do this' and you go ahead and ignor that warning and do it, do you think you should be allowed to do it without consequence?

exercising right and wrong, is not using Christ as a weapon.
anymore than exercising the law of the land is used as a weapon.
everything in that bible is for mans benefit not harm.

if you read the NT where Jesus taught, His message was based on love and forgiveness.......but He told us He didn't come to distroy the law of GOD or the prophets but to fulfill the law.
He never once told us we are to be complacent about sin or to condone it as right.

as a matter of fact we are told to warn and rebuke those sinning in front of all, so that they may fear......
(take it serious)

a person can't repent for their sins UNLESS or UNTIL they first acknowlege and recognize the fact they are a sinner in need of His forgivness.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#5776 Oct 5, 2012
boooots wrote:
If only we could all attain the state of wonderfulness and wonder that Patty is living in.
Imagine the USA with 300 million people just like Patty.
how nice to see you are still totin' your Christian bashing mindset.

do you feel good after you insult me booots? i sure hope you do, cause what a total waste of good energy it would be if you weren't getting some kind of sick pleasure out of being mean and ugly.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#5777 Oct 5, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a pilgram?
well if you were to lazy and sorry to open the link and read it, then you don't deserve to know.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#5779 Oct 5, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you able to lie so freely?
You told us all that america was discovered by British settlers. It was not.
You told us all that the 'Pilgrims' were the first settlers they were not.
The first settlers in America were from the Virginia company of London made landfall in 1607. The Mayflower arrived in 1620.
I say again, how are you able to lie so freely when you know you're doing it?
ME? HAHAHAHA show me the post where i specifically stated America was discovered by British settlers.

i beleieve my words were more along the line of SOME OF THEM fled from Brit.
and why you won't acknowledge the History link i forwarded about the PILGRIMS which fled from England to America and SETTLED here
to escape religious persecution in England.........

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_pilgrims_...

you just want to be like passing through and others who have a sickness that feeds on NEEDING to see fault in others.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#5780 Oct 5, 2012
Ann Thrope wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Bible? Catholic? Protestant? Mormon? Jehovah's Witness?
you must be joking.

you forgot to list the book of shadows to, you know the satantic bible.........

LOL

your catholic and Mormon and Jehovahs wittness are all written by 'A' man.

the HOLY BIBLE was comprised of over 66 authors all living in different places, and times in history so that what was inspired by GOD thru those chosen prophets of GOD would FIT together in one complete WORK OF GOD.

big difference.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#5781 Oct 5, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you lie to everyone on Topix including PASSING THROUGH ..
.. must I do this again ??..
do what? distort and pervert past conversations?
i am sure you will because that is why you are here in the first place now isn't it?

Cincinnati, Ohio

#5782 Oct 5, 2012
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
So you still can't correctly summarize the information you cite from other websites, I see. Here's the actual answer from the link you provided:
"People first arrived in America from Eurasia a minimum of 12,000 years ago and became what we nowadays call the Native Americans. In the 1400s Europeans discovered America and began exploring South America and islands off it's coast. Spaniards were the first to settle in the new land, then came the French and English."
No mention of the Pilgrims.
isn't it hysterical how those who go around calling others liars all the time, are the very ones lying all the time?

why don't you type out that entire link deceiver..........
instead of only one paragrah to mislead with.

this is THE LAST TIME i will tootle your ignorance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilgrims_ (Plymouth_Colony)

the pilgrams came from England, settled here in 1620
when were we founded? 1776

Since: Oct 12

Monterey Park, CA

#5783 Oct 5, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be joking.
you forgot to list the book of shadows to, you know the satantic bible.........
LOL
your catholic and Mormon and Jehovahs wittness are all written by 'A' man.
the HOLY BIBLE was comprised of over 66 authors all living in different places, and times in history so that what was inspired by GOD thru those chosen prophets of GOD would FIT together in one complete WORK OF GOD.
big difference.
Dear, your Bible is based on the Catholic Bible, so when you criticize it, you criticize your own. So, from the foundation of the church to 1500 were people running around with flawed Bibles? But now you happen to have the one perfect one now?

Since: May 11

Cardiff, UK

#5784 Oct 5, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
ME? HAHAHAHA show me the post where i specifically stated America was discovered by British settlers.
i beleieve my words were more along the line of SOME OF THEM fled from Brit.
and why you won't acknowledge the History link i forwarded about the PILGRIMS which fled from England to America and SETTLED here
to escape religious persecution in England.........
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_pilgrims_...
you just want to be like passing through and others who have a sickness that feeds on NEEDING to see fault in others.
Pattiecake58 wrote:
"no, i got a B in History and i did NOT say the founding fathers were born in another country.
i said the ones that discovered America fled another country (Brit)
to establish a FREE nation...
listen to what i am saying before you rush to answer.
http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/columbus.h ...
im not a grandmother.
perhaps any social services in your area would be happy to send you to classes to help you overcome your rudness issues with people you don't agree with."

happy to oblige.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#5786 Oct 5, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you little old hillbilly, you !!..
<< hug >>
.. born and raised in Cincinnati and your moniker shows you still live there. Another fib ??..
<< double hug >>
.. you currently reside in Russell Springs, KY with your mom and dog, all public knowledge contributed by YOU ..
<< triple hug & big smooch >>
.. now type: "I LOVE HL." ..
lets see, perhaps i will go on line pick myself out a company, search its employees, find one that i think resembles what you are, and then do like you and plaster it all over topix and swear it is you..........and what do you want to bet that there are just enough STUPID people on topix that would believe it without ever knowing the truth?

but i won't cause thats not why i am on topix.
and i wouldn't stoop to your level of personal attacks even if i wanted to.
its wrong and only loosers do those things.

get a life HL.

Cincinnati, Ohio

#5787 Oct 5, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
And I say to you:
Different versions, different translations, different interpretations, commentaries, meanings....
How can you NOT know that it is impossible to translate anything from an ancient language exactly? Different words, languages, syntax, dialect, slang, cultures......
DIFFERENT is not the SAME.
there is nothing sadder than the person who when given lengthy detailed explantions STILL misses the point and facts.

if a spanish person says 'Si' what does that mean? Si in spanish means yes.
is it spelled y.e.s? no its spelled 's.i'
in english it is yes
in spanish it is si
both words mean the SAME THING.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#5788 Oct 5, 2012
Pattiecake58 wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't it hysterical how those who go around calling others liars all the time, are the very ones lying all the time?
why don't you type out that entire link deceiver..........
instead of only one paragrah to mislead with.
this is THE LAST TIME i will tootle your ignorance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilgrims_ (Plymouth_Colony)
the pilgrams came from England, settled here in 1620
when were we founded? 1776
.. excellent defense of your position, Moonbeam ..

.. one of your best, most cogent arguments ..

.. congratulations !!..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min dirtclod 56,023
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 15 min Frankie Rizzo 1,282
Domestic violence likely more frequent for same... 20 min NE Jade 15
TN pastor vows not to 'repent' for homophobia: ... 20 min reallynow 18
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min mahz 49,894
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 40 min Joint man 237
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 53 min reallynow 124
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 58 min DaveinMass 887
Biggest Gay Lies 3 hr Goober Peas 2,071
•••