So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Comments (Page 269)

Showing posts 5,361 - 5,380 of18,016
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I'd like to discuss anther issue that relates to this article.
Why are NOM and other anti gay groups fighting for an exemption to the laws that make petition signatures part of the public record?
Think about it. They claim they are proud to be Christians. They want to use their Christianity in marketing their businesses. Even the Bible says that if they are persecuted for their faith they'll be blessed.
But look at what it really boils down to. Not faith. Not God. They fear losing money. Guess their "faith in God" isn't as strong as they like to claim it is.
That's essentially what religion has become these days, simply another corrupted business that wants to be free from the law and get money. Not to insult your Christianity or anything, but that's what the majority of religious institutions are like these days. It's horrible, and I hope they change, because they'll just be pushing more people away and more people will think of the followers of Jesus's examples in the same way.

The ignorant and hateful are slowly forcing all of religion into a huge ball of evil, even though there are many I you who are righteous.
Passing Through

South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Disliking a religion and what they teach is not anti-semitism moron. I have great respect for those of Jewish ethnicity who know and follow the bible. If you can't comprehend what you read, you should get an eduction.
Yet your rant only talked about "the Jews", which refers to people. One can be Jewish by birth or by faith or both. The name of the religion is Judaism, which you failed to mention at all. Your inability to articulate your prejudice is your educational failing, not mine.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>If this "treatment" is so great why don't we see any of these "cured" folks on any news shows?
Didn't Jesus "cure" them? Aren't they supposed to "testify" about such a great miracle in their lives? So where are they?
The only ones I've seen are the poster boys the FRC and NARTH trotted out who ended up becoming ex ex gays.
Even the original author. Dr. Spitzer now says his study and methods were flawed and he never really saw any true success cases.
Again, it annoys me to no ends the ignorance that people like Patty display.
The only ones who are really "cured" and "happy" are those who are pulling a conman type scenario in order to make people believe it really works. Or, as I said earlier, they are bisexual an can easily switch, or have an easier time at doing so.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
That's essentially what religion has become these days, simply another corrupted business that wants to be free from the law and get money. Not to insult your Christianity or anything, but that's what the majority of religious institutions are like these days. It's horrible, and I hope they change, because they'll just be pushing more people away and more people will think of the followers of Jesus's examples in the same way.
The ignorant and hateful are slowly forcing all of religion into a huge ball of evil, even though there are many I you who are righteous.
I hope you'll investigate some UU congregations. I think you'll like what you'll find there.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you'll investigate some UU congregations. I think you'll like what you'll find there.
Eh, not one for those kinds of things, though I do go to my grandma's church every year for a pancake dinner and I socialize with the people there.
I don't feel comfortable telling them I'm an atheist though, for I don't want to deal with the talks that would follow.

Though maybe, perhaps, I might go to a church to see what it looks like. Mayhap take some pictures, for churches do have beautiful architecture.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Whoops, by "a church," I meant to say a UU church.

Since: May 11

Dinas Powys, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f eature=endscreen&v=LqwE6yH bnKo&NR=1
Is this Patty??
no that is not patty this is patty:

or both of them would get along famously with patty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: May 11

Dinas Powys, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe she said settled "in" America. A problem reading?
then you believe incorrectly.
Mister Wilson

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

I fear being pulled off my Rascal Scooter and forced to satisfy the sexsual urges of these vile deviants! They will rip my Depends off of my supple 75 year old @ss and rape me and force me to do OTHER DISGUSTING acts which I simply refuse to even mention because they DISGUST me!!!!! Romney and Ryan in 2012 for the safety of ALL HETERO-sexsual males! God Bless!

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, religion is big business, especially for megachurches. They have a slick polished presentation, a business-like approach to marketing/servicing congregants and often a mall like atmosphere. Have you ever been to one ??..

.. in 1970, there were 10 megachurches, today there are 1,200+. Pastors serve as CEOs and implement business tactics to increase their membership. Taking advantage of their tax-exempt status, they operate publishing houses, food courts, television stations, music studies and much more. Their leaders do not lead humble lives as Jesus did. Instead they purchase lavish homes, swim in pools and drive BMWs ..

.. yes, salvation has become a consumer product in America. On April 15th, every USA taxpayer has the privilege of supporting the commercialization of American religion while more and more small churches close their doors ..

.. rambling a bit so please excuse my rather lengthy post. Some questions come to mind. How did this happen? Why are these business enterprises tax-exempt? How many dollars do they contribute to favored political candidates? How much influence do they have over their congregants? Did the Mormon and Catholic church influence the outcome of Proposition 8 ??..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Mister Wilson wrote:
I fear being pulled off my Rascal Scooter and forced to satisfy the sexsual urges of these vile deviants! They will rip my Depends off of my supple 75 year old @ss and rape me and force me to do OTHER DISGUSTING acts which I simply refuse to even mention because they DISGUST me!!!!! Romney and Ryan in 2012 for the safety of ALL HETERO-sexsual males! God Bless!
sexsual?

.. was that political announcement paid for ??..

“Psalms 27:14 HOPE! ”

Since: Dec 11

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I can and do post without using foul language. I didn't say all such examples are found in my posts to you (although there are some) nor did I say I would refrain from using such language in my posts to you.
So no lie on my part, merely your continued inability to comprehend written English.
<quoted text>
Nope. I can refrain from using foul language. Unlike your inability to refrain from lying.
<quoted text>
You're the one that's mentally ill, not me. No doubt as a result of the corporal punishment inflicted upon you during childhood; a recent study demonstrated such a link.
LOL why am i mentally ill? because i love and trust GOD?
because i trust His inspired word? beause i oppose immoral behavior? because i live my faith?

because I share my faith?

i am not mentally ill you MISGUIDED person.
you are just angry because i won't let you get away with trying to peddle your love of immoral behavior as acceptable or right.

thats your problem...not mine.

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
And if gays were so evil, God would have obliterated us from the face of the earth.
But She hasn't, has She.
Oh but HE DID.
it was called the great Flood of Noah.

every last one of you were wiped off the planet.
and GOD said in HIS perfect word that it would happen again one last time.

don't be so foolish as to mistake the longsuffering of GOD'S patience for His being absent.

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
No idea what you're talking about here. Questioning (not "scoffing") is healthy for the mind, and important for learning. People who scoff at questions are people who don't want learning to happen. Makes sense when they're teaching magic.
<quoted text>
Balaam and his donkey have a conversation, and Balaam isn't the slightest bit surprised by this amazing creature. In fact, he regrets not carrying his sword so that he could KILL this beast for its sass-mouth. Is that what YOU would do if you came across a talking animal? Threaten its life?
<quoted text>
We are not all the same person. Telling something to one person does NOT mean that everyone else heard it. Sometimes you have to repeat yourself often to make a point heard and understood.
Why are you so resistant to talking about something which you believe in so passionately? I come here because I LIKE making my points, and I'm well aware that I'll have to make them many, many times, to many different people. I would never assume that telling something to ONE person is good enough to cover everyone.
<quoted text>
Well, that's the MAGICAL explanation. I guess if magic is real, then that could have happened.
Now how about Balaam?
<quoted text>
Again, this is what the magic book says. But does this happen in real life? Is this something we could expect to happen at any moment?
<quoted text>
The books of the Bible are known to have been written decades or even centuries after the supposed events. But even if they were written on the same day, does that make the story true? The Odyssey is older than the Bible, and includes "eyewitness accounts" of Zeus and his Pantheon, the monster Scylla, and the sorceress Circe.
Are these things real, simply because they're in an ancient book?
<quoted text>
I'd be curious about your definition of "miracle", or your standards for "awesome".
Some people have said it was a "miracle" that Gabby Giffords didn't die from her gunshot to the head, but that miracle didn't extend far enough to save her from brain damage, or to save the other people who died the same day. People DO survive gunshots to the head, from time to time, and she wouldn't have survived at all if not for the intervention of skilled surgeons. If the bullets had passed through everyone's bodies harmlessly, then THAT would qualify as a miracle.
How can we TELL if something is a "miracle", FOR CERTAIN, and not just a rare but natural event?
What miracles have you seen? Could natural causes have been possible? Why does God save such events for people who already believe and need no more convincing, while withholding them from people that might be convinced and converted by seeing them?
you are not questioning..... you are scoffing.

your mind is made up and sealed in rejection.

it is healthy to question, and seek out the truth, but when the truth is made available with evidences and you still question it, thats not healthy thats just foolish.

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too bad you can't see anything from an educated, literate adult's vantage point.
<quoted text>
You think so because you're too dumb to know any better.
<quoted text>
No, I accuse you of lying when you make assertions that are not factually correct. Historical events like who discovered America or whether the Founding Fathers "fled" England or what was the first European settlement in what is now the US are not subject to "disagreement" because they only have one correct answer and your's wasn't it.
It' pathetic that a person your age can't admit their mistakes or admit they weren't clear in communicating what they meant to say but instead argue and lie ad nauseam to avoid such an admission.
I'd tell you to grow up but it's way to late for that.
<quoted text>
When you're wrong about factual events, there's nothing to disagree with. You're simply wrong. You're entitled to your own opinion but you're not entitled to your own set of facts.
<quoted text>
Like I and a number of other posters are SO tired of your lies and hypocrisy.
<quoted text>
That's a lie in itself. You've lied to and about me. Multiple times in multiple threads.
<quoted text>
Since you;re unable to articulate a fear you have being an anti-gay bigot, thanks for admitting your continued blathering about your religious beliefs are off topic.
YOU are the number one liar on topix passing thru, you INTENTIONALLY distort EVERYthing i say so you can argue and find fault.
you are a sick sick SICK individual.
i bet as a child you stayed in trouble.
i sent you a HISTORY link to back up what i said about the pilgrams coming to America (referred to by them as the NEW world) and settling here.
the Native Americans were here first.
i sent a link all about it.
and you want to sit here and LIE and LIE and LIE.
the pilgrams DID flee England, look it up.
the pilgrams were religious folk, Look it up.

i am sick of your continual nit picking EVERYTHING i say.
you are a bully and monster.
your hate of GOD has made you a worker of iniquity. and that is about as far from intelligent as anyone can be.

you can't even be honest with yourself.
you call me a liar because i oppose sexual immorality based on biblical truth.
thats why you are here slinging your unholy and worldly doctrine.

you are full of hooey passing through.

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lot of words to dodge the question - I thought your bible had all the answers?(Well except the answer to who discovered America, because - wow - did you ever blow that one).
Again:
Does your god want homosexuals to live alone and celibate for their entire lives or does he want them to enter into marriages with the opposite sex - to whom they will never be attracted and never love the way they love someone of the same sex?
i didn't blow anything.
i sent links to back up what i said.

who do you think discovered America, space aliens? HAHAHAHA

and the bible does have every answer to lifes questions.

GOD wants everyone to live according to HIS design and HIS will.

Since: Oct 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Jews who conspired to put Jesus to death because of the greed of their religious leaders. The Jews who are so stupid so as not to even write the word God. God is a title morons, not a name. Even if they used his name it would be permissible and in fact required. The Lords prayer given as a model by Gods son Jesus starts with "Our father in heaven, let your NAME be sanctified". Then again they're not interested in the word of God, after all they hate his son and put him top death. What morons.
Those morons founded the religion you worship.

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharing the beliefs of Jews and the tenets of Judaism gleaned from Jewish web sites doesn't qualify as "misusing" Judaism any more than my sharing and correction of historical facts is a misuse of history.
If you want to examine misuse of Judaism, you need only examine your own Christian beliefs. They are nothing but a wholesale perversion of Hebrew scripture.
<quoted text>
Another lie. I've stated repeatedly I accept Jewish interpretation of their Hebrew scripture as it pertains to Gentiles.
<quoted text>
I've never claimed to. It still doesn't change the fact you've NEVER once rebutted a single thing I've posted about the Jewish faith. And you can't because you don't know anything about the Jewish faith and when you do make assertions about it, they're invariably wrong.
<quoted text>
Says the moron who's an embarrassment to the human race.
<quoted text>
Let the record show once again you're a lying c*nt. You bashed and slandered golem and called him a lousy Jew among other things. He was a rabbinical student who read and spoke the hebrew in which the scripture of his faith was written. That's more than you can say since you can't even read and comprehend the English your bible is written in. Nor did Golem need your concordance crutch.
Golem's position on homosexuality was aligned with the Movement of Judaism to which he belonged and which is the largest movement of religious Jews in the US. I've told you repeatedly there is no universally agreement on that topic within judaism just as there is not universal agreement within Christianity.
And it's ironic you erroneously accuse me of "speaking for all Jews" when you've appointed yourself not only the arbiter of who is or isn't a Christian but also God's spokesperson as to the exact meaning of scripture.
<quoted text>
Neither are you, sinner. Not to mention your hypocrisy of holding everyone else accountable to one law of Leviticus when you ignore so many others yourself.
<quoted text>
No, the Christian new testament says that. And it's not considered scripture by Jews of faith so it's irrelevant.
<quoted text>
Nor can you add an entire "new testament" to the bible in disobedience to God's command not to change or add to His word, especially when you do so to justify the worship of a false messiah and idol.
<quoted text>
Since you don't even know or understand Jewish beliefs regarding satan (hint: Christians have it all wrong, as usual), it's your entire belief system that's weak and flawed. But I can understand why you find it so appealing since you're weak and flawed too.
again with the dishonesty...... you are not 'sharing' anything about Judiasm for the purpose of DISCUSSING the jewish faith in a productive manner, YOU ARE MISUSING IT TO BASH CHRISTIANITY.
you use Judiasm to bash Christians as 'wrong', so don't pee on my leg and try to tell me it's raining.

the president of Israel speaks lovingly and respectfully and highly of his CHRISTIAN brothers and sisters ......He works with Christians to further the kingdom of GOD.

you are an agent of satan with your agenda to 'DIVIDE'.

i love the Jews and anyone who curses them is going to be cursed by GOD.
just as anyone who curses a child of GOD (Christian) will be cursed by GOD to.
GOD protects His own.

"For the LORD your GOD is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and HE will give you victory!" Deut 20:4

you are here warring against me because of my position on SSM
and you are not even honest enough to admit it.

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since you have sufficiently passed on your god cootie, does that mean you will go away?
what you just said makes absolutely NO sense what so ever.

Cincinnati, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god sounds like a total douche bag.
you say such a dangerous and blasphemous thing BECAUSE you are demonic in nature, because you are selfish, and you love yourself and the sins of the world more than you love GOD or truth.

"do NOT be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap." Galatians 6:7

you mock God,you can count on a big burn coming your way.
and when it happens, you'll know......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,361 - 5,380 of18,016
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 7 min HMT 123 Observatory 15,583
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min Pietro Armando 50,772
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 26 min eJohn 1,572
Indiana Won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages 29 min Pat Robertson s Fatwass 85
Small SC town rallies for fired gay police chief 34 min Pat Robertson s Fatwass 1
Heritage of Trademark: The Legal Battle Over Ow... 35 min Pat Robertson s Fatwass 3
Singapore backs call to destroy gay-themed books 37 min Pat Robertson s Fatwass 22
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 40 min eJohn 1,871
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••