So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Grou...

So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

There are 18008 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 17, 2012, titled So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#3153 Sep 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
DudmondWHAT wrote:
I don't see it complimenting anything. It was nothing but poetry. It didn't explain anything, it didn't explain any process for learning, it doesn't explain how to reject falsified information... it can be interpreted ANY way you want, or any way your neighbor wants, or any way I want. "Scripture" is more pliant than silly putty, able to be spun to anyone's personal specifications. It's useless.
KiMare wrote:
I don't see you saying anything. It was nothing but pointless words. It didn't explain anything, it didn't explain any process for learning, it doesn't explain how to reject falsified information... it can be interpreted ANY way you want, or any way your neighbor wants, or any way I want. Your words are more pliant than silly putty, able to be spun to anyone's personal specifications. It's useless.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Notice the similarities?
By YOUR own judgment.
Smirk.
Do I notice the similarities? Of course! You just copied the same thing that I said. How could I not notice?

That's why I was surprised that you think that this was meant to be a "reply". How about addressing what I actually said?

The reason I keep talking about a method for sorting correct information from incorrect information, is because that's what science does. That's what it's for. Scientists DO speculate about the possibilities of the universe, and that's called a hypothesis. Then they set out to TEST the hypothesis, being careful to observe certain standards which allow them to check if their hypothesis is wrong. The idea has to be "falsifiable", there has to be a way to confirm if it's false.

When you describe the things that you believe you see in the Bible, I hear you use a lot of "maybes" and "could bes". Well, sure, something COULD be true, but isn't important to be able to be SURE? We need to be able to move PAST speculation, and into confirmation. There needs to be a process for that. Do you have one, like the scientific method? Or are you satisfied with "maybes"?

I'm not satisfied with that. If something remains a "maybe", then I can't call it something that I "believe". Beliefs have to be confirmed, for me.

The Bible has too much that looks like fantasy and magic that I can't easily overlook. It has too much contradiction. I don't mean to sound like I'm making fun (well, ok, a little), but the book DOES HAVE talking animals, and the humans who talk to them don't bat an eye when they hear it. There actually ARE unicorns, satyrs, dragons, giants, and something called a cockatrice, all mentioned in the Bible. What do you have to say about these things?

If your answer is going to be anything about aliens, then I gotta tell you, this adds a new dimension to Christianity that I'd never heard from any Christian before. Maybe I don't understand what you're telling me. ARE you in fact telling me that the "God" of the Bible is actually one or more extra-terrestrials who visited Earth thousands of years ago? That makes me want to ask thousands of questions, but I could hold off if you wanted to explain better.

But I'd STILL want some kind of confirmation before I'd just "believe" it. You should expect me to be skeptical. I think skepticism is a good way to look at the world. It's not that I'm trying to pass a judgment. I'm trying to be careful not to pass the WRONG judgment.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#3156 Sep 14, 2012
Bob wrote:
More than 80% of AIDS cases in Canada are among homosexual or bisexual males; other diseases suffered either exclusively, or in larger percentages by the homosexual population, include: anal cancer, chlamydia trachomatis, cryptosporidium, giardia lamblia, herpes simplex virus, HPV, gonorrhea, viral hepatitis B and C, and syphilis.”
No pride.
Only shame.
Gay shame !
You've never given sources to prove any of what you say. It's false until proven.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3158 Sep 14, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I notice the similarities? Of course! You just copied the same thing that I said. How could I not notice?
That's why I was surprised that you think that this was meant to be a "reply". How about addressing what I actually said?
The reason I keep talking about a method for sorting correct information from incorrect information, is because that's what science does. That's what it's for. Scientists DO speculate about the possibilities of the universe, and that's called a hypothesis. Then they set out to TEST the hypothesis, being careful to observe certain standards which allow them to check if their hypothesis is wrong. The idea has to be "falsifiable", there has to be a way to confirm if it's false.
When you describe the things that you believe you see in the Bible, I hear you use a lot of "maybes" and "could bes". Well, sure, something COULD be true, but isn't important to be able to be SURE? We need to be able to move PAST speculation, and into confirmation. There needs to be a process for that. Do you have one, like the scientific method? Or are you satisfied with "maybes"?
I'm not satisfied with that. If something remains a "maybe", then I can't call it something that I "believe". Beliefs have to be confirmed, for me.
The Bible has too much that looks like fantasy and magic that I can't easily overlook. It has too much contradiction. I don't mean to sound like I'm making fun (well, ok, a little), but the book DOES HAVE talking animals, and the humans who talk to them don't bat an eye when they hear it. There actually ARE unicorns, satyrs, dragons, giants, and something called a cockatrice, all mentioned in the Bible. What do you have to say about these things?
If your answer is going to be anything about aliens, then I gotta tell you, this adds a new dimension to Christianity that I'd never heard from any Christian before. Maybe I don't understand what you're telling me. ARE you in fact telling me that the "God" of the Bible is actually one or more extra-terrestrials who visited Earth thousands of years ago? That makes me want to ask thousands of questions, but I could hold off if you wanted to explain better.
But I'd STILL want some kind of confirmation before I'd just "believe" it. You should expect me to be skeptical. I think skepticism is a good way to look at the world. It's not that I'm trying to pass a judgment. I'm trying to be careful not to pass the WRONG judgment.
PURE BS.

You are a clearly bias and certainly not 'scientific'.

Your argument about the Exodus passage was to pontificate about the meaning of words (hence my mocking of your words) and not just discounting the possibility of a alien encounter, but mocking the possibility of ANY aliens.

You are not a skeptic, you are a scoffer who just met a cynic.

The fact remains that there is a clear depiction of radiation in a ancient document, and you can't explain one iota of why.

SMirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3159 Sep 14, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to be careful not to pass the WRONG judgment.
Please show me one time I used 'maybe' or 'could be';

Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Just another correction.

I never stated what I believe to you. I have simply pointed out several interesting things in the Bible and asked you to explain. I even offered a explanation to help you get past your bias. A true skeptic is neutral about information. Your bias is right out front exposing you as a wannabe scholar.

Smile.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#3160 Sep 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pissed because I nailed the abuse perpetrated by gay couples who deliberately birth a child without a parent or gender.
You are pissed because anal sex proves a moral failure.
You are pissed because a butch lesbian dressing and acting like a man proves a genetic defect.
I ask pertinent questions to get people in denial to face reality.
You look like a idiot in the crossfire because you are an enabler.
That's the simple truth.
All you can do is call me a troll.
No, you didn't.
No, it doesn't.
Butch lesbian dressing like a man proves nothing. Tons of women wear pants every day.
Your reality isn't.
No.
No, it isn't.
If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's The Topix troll Muntmare. Tail on a dog, munt.
socrates

London, UK

#3161 Sep 14, 2012
All yalls be as gay as the fruit on carmen miranda's head.
Uve

Indio, CA

#3162 Sep 14, 2012
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason
Uve

Indio, CA

#3163 Sep 14, 2012
It is said that men may not be the dreams of the Gods, but rather that the Gods are the dreams of men
Uve

Indio, CA

#3164 Sep 14, 2012
The moment you shift the conversation to God ... you can pretend to know things you absolutely and obviously cannot know
Uve

Indio, CA

#3165 Sep 14, 2012
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours
Uve

Indio, CA

#3166 Sep 14, 2012
It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him
Uve

Indio, CA

#3167 Sep 14, 2012
Two teachers have been charged with sexually assaulting five students of a Christian school on the Northwest Side. The teachers, who are brother and sister, worked at the Dayspring Christian Academy, 5133 W. Fullerton Ave., where their father is the leader of the school and pastor of the affiliated Dayspring Church, according to prosecutors. The alleged abuse occurred over 10 years, from 1998 to 2007, prosecutors said. Eliza Martinelli, 34, of the 1500 block of South Raymond Drive in Naperville, is accused of assaulting four students—three females and a male—between the ages of 13 and 17. She is charged with aggravated criminal sexual assault of minors and supplying alcohol to minors.... Her brother, Nelson Quintana Jr., 27, whose home address is listed as the school, is accused of abusing one student who is now 23.”
Uve

Indio, CA

#3168 Sep 14, 2012
Just for you POS 'BOB'

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3169 Sep 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
MSN was "dress and act like a man".(Curse spell check on a small i-phone screen).
Okay, thanks, even though, I have been online for 15 plus years, I still have problems with many of the short forms people use.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#3171 Sep 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pissed because I nailed the abuse perpetrated by gay couples who deliberately birth a child without a parent or gender.
.. does it upset you when a single woman decides not to abort and births a child without a parent or gender ??..
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pissed because anal sex proves a moral failure.
.. so, Jews and the Moche people of Peru are moral failures because their culture permits anal intercourse ??..
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pissed because a butch lesbian dressing and acting like a man proves a genetic defect.
.. in that case, Scottish men who wear kilts are all born with a genetic defect ..

**Smirk**

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#3172 Sep 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because if you were not a gay slut you would tell me.
.. caught me. Again ..

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#3173 Sep 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
PURE BS.
You are a clearly bias and certainly not 'scientific'.
Your argument about the Exodus passage was to pontificate about the meaning of words (hence my mocking of your words) and not just discounting the possibility of a alien encounter, but mocking the possibility of ANY aliens.
You are not a skeptic, you are a scoffer who just met a cynic.
The fact remains that there is a clear depiction of radiation in a ancient document, and you can't explain one iota of why.
SMirk.
I can think of several possibilities. One of them could involve booze, which would give Moses both a rosy face, and crazy ideas. People can get "glowing" faces simply by being excited (including just exciting themselves). If it was radiation, why isn't Moses burned in any way? The Bible says he lived to be 120. Besides being an unrealistic age for humans, it's also not an age one would associate with someone suffering from radiation poisoning. I'm not saying it CAN'T be aliens, but I can't simply ACCEPT that explanation unquestioningly, without at least TRYING to think of other possibilities.

But if aliens are supposed to explain the Bible, then that explanation needs to explain the WHOLE Bible. Not just a few lines, but EVERY line.

What about the talking animals? Do you have "one iota" of explanation for that? Did aliens make animals capable of conversation somehow?

The Bible says that God created the universe, the sun, the moon, the stars, and all the planets including ours. If you're saying the Bible is actually about aliens, then did these aliens create the universe and everything in it? Did they create themselves? Does the Bible give any information about THEIR origin?

What do these stories about aliens tell us about an afterlife? Are these aliens in charge of Heaven and Hell? Does the Book of Revelation actually tell us the future? Can these aliens SEE the future? What about the supposed Anti-Christ? Is this a being the aliens intend to create someday?

These questions (and more) MUST be asked if we're going to explore your claims. Asking questions is the scientific way of doing things. If you're not willing to try answering them, then I'm not sure you've thought your claims out very well.

I certainly WILL scoff at ideas that have absolutely NO evidentiary support. A few lines of poetry about a shiny face is NOT a "perfect depiction" of radiation. A few lines about dust tells us nothing about the periodic table of elements. I could write better explanatory passages myself, and they would be much more direct. The Bible had MANY opportunities to give us information that should be BETTER than what shepherds and fisherman could come up with, but that's exactly what we get. Poetry which describes Wisdom as if it were a person.

Aren't you asking ANY of these questions yourself? Or have you decided that your ideas must be correct, and require no further investigation?

Montreal

#3174 Sep 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
SMirk.
You are so bloody dense, it's unbelievable!
We've explained to you time and time again that there is no clear depiction of radiation in the bible at all. There's a mention of light and glowing and sickness, that isn't a clear depiction. Look at the words you are using.
At the very most, the bible has a slight similarity to radiation. It does not DEPICT or DESCRIBE (as you've said before) radiation, for it does not explain anything, it simply tells a story with a glowing man.

We've also already established that you are indeed a lunatic, since no sane individual requires a paper to tell them they're same enough to live alone. By the way, sane enough to live alone, does not mean sane. It simply means you are not a danger to yourself or others, but you are still insane.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#3175 Sep 14, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so bloody dense, it's unbelievable!
We've explained to you time and time again that there is no clear depiction of radiation in the bible at all. There's a mention of light and glowing and sickness, that isn't a clear depiction. Look at the words you are using.
At the very most, the bible has a slight similarity to radiation. It does not DEPICT or DESCRIBE (as you've said before) radiation, for it does not explain anything, it simply tells a story with a glowing man.
We've also already established that you are indeed a lunatic, since no sane individual requires a paper to tell them they're same enough to live alone. By the way, sane enough to live alone, does not mean sane. It simply means you are not a danger to yourself or others, but you are still insane.
What I would like to know is, since when do people visibly glow when exposed to radiation?

Montreal

#3176 Sep 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
What I would like to know is, since when do people visibly glow when exposed to radiation?
According to scientist KiMare, it happens all the time. I've pointed out before that no one will glow from radiation, only the air can glow from a large dispersant of certain types of radiation. But scientist KiMare claims we have no knowledge of radiation, and that he is the only one who really understands.
He still hasn't replied my my comment regarding this, he simply ignored it because he knew he was lying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 min Respect71 48,083
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 21 min Imprtnrd 25,305
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 26 min Defeat Elizabeth ... 84
News Republican senator apologizes for saying 'a guy... 30 min Gremlin 3
News Blood donation restrictions for gay men 'discri... 33 min Gremlin 1
News 'Yep, I'm Gay': Happy 20th out anniversary, Ell... 1 hr Gremlin 2
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 13,397
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Rose_NoHo 5,599
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 5 hr Logic Analysis 163
More from around the web