So, What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 18,015

What makes hate, well, hate? Given that today is something of a quiet news day, it may be nice to give ourselves a breather and think about some things.

Full Story
First Prev
of 901
Next Last
disgusted american
#1 Aug 17, 2012
what do they fear...? I Think thier no#1 Fear is Thier CASH COW DRYING UP $$$$$$$!!! Then they'll have to find someone NEW to demonize and make Money off of....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 17, 2012
They fear losing the power of being able to oppress a group they consider inferior to them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Aug 17, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
They fear losing the power of being able to oppress a group they consider inferior to them.
I agree.

And one of the most powerful of those hate groups is the Roman Catholic Church.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
david traversa

Argentina

#4 Aug 17, 2012
From what one can gather from scientific and legal conclusions their fears are imaginary.. the worst kind of fear..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Aug 17, 2012
NoQ wrote:
They don't fear anything, they just don't like their Nasty & Perverted lifestyle.
Why do 'you' fear your nasty and perverted lifestyle?
Are you afraid of your own genetalia?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Brian
#7 Aug 17, 2012
I think it's because other people are living their lives to the fullest but their own repressive religons are keeping them down. I think it's more resentment than fear.

They are f@&ked up on the lies of religion. I pity them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Brian
#8 Aug 17, 2012
NoQ wrote:
They don't fear anything, they just don't like their Nasty & Perverted lifestyle.
YOU, especially fear gay people, otherwise you wouldn't spend your days verbally attacking them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Aug 17, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a Queer, the only defense is to turn it around and accuse you. Way to go Fa$$ot. LMFAO
The best way to overcome your fears is to face them head-on; sugar
You can start with one of these; take your pick:
http://www.highisland.com/pm_prostate.php

San Francisco

#11 Aug 17, 2012
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do 'you' fear your nasty and perverted lifestyle?
Are you afraid of your own genetalia?
If that freak's genetalia is as ugly as his/her/its personality, fear would be justified.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#12 Aug 17, 2012
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The best way to overcome your fears is to face them head-on; sugar
You can start with one of these; take your pick:
http://www.highisland.com/pm_prostate.php
Priceless

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#13 Aug 17, 2012
I disagree with the article. I believe the cause of theocrcacy is not weakness of belief but rather personal and cultural unhappiness. People cope with unhappiness by (1) trying to make outsiders unhappy and (2) trying to make themselve feel better by believing they are elite because of their religion.

It should be telling that countries that typically score high on ratings of personal happiness - Scandinavia and France in particular - are those with the least religious populations.

Sei

Since: Nov 08

#14 Aug 17, 2012
JohnInToronto wrote:
I disagree with the article. I believe the cause of theocrcacy is not weakness of belief but rather personal and cultural unhappiness. People cope with unhappiness by (1) trying to make outsiders unhappy and (2) trying to make themselve feel better by believing they are elite because of their religion.
It should be telling that countries that typically score high on ratings of personal happiness - Scandinavia and France in particular - are those with the least religious populations.
John,

But the roots in the individual are still fear. You'll notice that most people who are happy are also not as fearful of others.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#15 Aug 17, 2012
NoQ wrote:
Sounds like they fear not being free to officially label anything they want as "Nasty & Perverted". Whatever will become of the world if your opinion no longer has the power to ostracize and marginalize?

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#16 Aug 17, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like they fear not being free to officially label anything they want as "Nasty & Perverted". Whatever will become of the world if your opinion no longer has the power to ostracize and marginalize?
If you're going to quote Martin Luther, you should at least give him credit.

:)
hi hi
#17 Aug 17, 2012
NoQ wrote:
This language is *why* individuals and groups are being called hateful. It resolves nothing, explains nothing, and gets you attacked (rightfully so) for acting like a rapist scumbag. Do you *really want* to perpetuate all of this nastiness? If not, learn to shut your goddamn mouth for once and think before you type.

Otherwise, all of this *will* continue, and hate groups *will* continue to be designated as hate groups.

Period.
hi hi
#18 Aug 17, 2012
Sei wrote:
<quoted text>
John,
But the roots in the individual are still fear. You'll notice that most people who are happy are also not as fearful of others.
Indeed: I believe it's honest-to-god quaking terror. The ultraconservatives and that ilk *really have a terror* of all of this because it is "unknown." However, they squander every opportunity IMAGINABLE to express this in ways that would provoke empathy or a desire to help; instead, they act like selfish rapists and perpetuate exceptionally vicious nastiness on both sides.

I am extremely proud of the pro-gay, after this shooting, for *blanket-refusing* to stand down and, instead, for explaining tirelessly and endlessly that antigay rhetoric is *the very root of the problem*-- which it is.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#19 Aug 17, 2012
JohnInToronto wrote:
I disagree with the article. I believe the cause of theocracy is not weakness of belief but rather personal and cultural unhappiness. People cope with unhappiness by (1) trying to make outsiders unhappy and (2) trying to make themselves feel better by believing they are elite because of their religion.
LOL...and that was a typical biased reply.
Theism's roarearer based in the age old question "why". From why came thoughts of superstitions because they had no intelligent answer. They didn't know why that yellow thing in the sky rose in the morning and went away at night. They didn't understand why another source of light at night rose in the sky and seemed to disappear when the other light came back in the morning. For a long time they didn't understand what took place when two people did it and sometime later another person appeared from the female. They didn't understand why sometimes it was a girl and sometimes it was a boy. Superstitions came to be the practice/belief of theism to explain the unexplainable. It had no roots in personal and cultural unhappiness and still doesn't. Silly boy, tricks are for kids :)
david traversa

Argentina

#20 Aug 17, 2012
I honestly don't think they know themselves.. perhaps a throwback to the seventeenth century and the burning of witches; and the resulting infamy of such acts..

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#21 Aug 17, 2012
Sei wrote:
<quoted text>
John,
Most people that appear to be quite happy,(not saying that their not mind you) are usually the most biased against change. Their appearence of happiness is largely based on what they don't accept that would cause them misery and unhappiness. They are usually more sure of what they believe in and what they don't believe in. These people are usually the ones that react the toughest to change. To change and accept something new means to readjust how they feel of an issue and that issue is usually connected to other issues directly and indirectly. So change for them takes longer then others. That's because their more in tune with what makes them happy and what makes them miserable/unhappy.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#22 Aug 17, 2012
The anti-gay groups have "the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 901
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 33 min lgbt is silly 2,734
Happily ever after? Charges reduced to one year... 1 hr david traversa 1
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr nefeli 27,030
Gay marriage comes to Missouri. Wait ... what? 3 hr jolya 102
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 3 hr Brian_G 4,288
Trying to marry my fiance but its a struggle. 5 hr OneDayMarried 1
Same-sex unions outdo civil ones - women the le... 5 hr Fa-Foxy 2
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 5,308
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 6 hr Rick in Kansas 3,128
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 10 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,616