Fight over sex-change therapy escalates

There are 3 comments on the Washington Times story from Dec 4, 2012, titled Fight over sex-change therapy escalates. In it, Washington Times reports that:

Two California courts this week issued conflicting opinions on the state's new law aimed at protecting minors from so-called "sexual-change therapies" designed to counsel gay young people who want to be heterosexual.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Dec 5, 2012
Robo-blogger has been fooled as was I. Thinking this was about Transexualism, SRS, Sex changes, I stumbled into an article about Gay Conversion therapy. It doesn't belong here, it belongs over in the Gay forum
Regards, Terri

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#3 Dec 5, 2012
Are you a Transexual? Probably not! Do see it as therapy or a whimsical body mod? Fortunately we don't need your permission so keep your nose out of this. Your working on nothing more than your opinions vs about a century of scientific research. It is the "Right" of someone suffering from gender dysphoria to seek help. If that help prescribes SRS as a therapy then so be it. No one gets SRS without at least two letters of recommendation. They must be from gender therapists, not just anyone.
Regards, Terri
mofred wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=aZaxo6mqKv A Well thats a subject? changing youself.body removing flesh re-arranging internal organs or replacing?
its not at all the right of the person seeking the sex change to make the decision,but? it must be tested,
Im actually not for sex changes unless at birth there was a problem

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4 Dec 5, 2012
mofred wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=aZaxo6mqKv A Well thats a subject? changing youself.body removing flesh re-arranging internal organs or replacing?
its not at all the right of the person seeking the sex change to make the decision,but? it must be tested,
Im actually not for sex changes unless at birth there was a problem
So, you're against breast augmentation for everyone as well? What about liposuction? There's also that lap-band, you're against that as well? Nose reconstruction as well?
These are all exactly the same amount and evasiveness as GRS is. Some forms of GRS are no different than removing a mole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 12 min pearl 3,701
News Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, polygamy (Apr '10) 13 min Tazo 1,919
News Louisiana's Duck Commander adds line of firearms (Jan '14) 30 min Tazo 24
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 51 min Dr Doohickey 137
News Ireland same-sex marriage 1 hr Rainbow Kid 20
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr NoahLovesU 21,512
News Church reels after Ireland's huge 'Yes' to gay ... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 1
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 5,628
News 5 things to know about Ireland's gay marriage r... 8 hr DaveinMass 21
News Josh Duggar apology not enough? Fallout from mo... Sat Fa-Foxy 24
More from around the web