Why do christians hate gays?

Why do christians hate gays?

Posted in the Gay/Lesbian Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
GaysDontSuck

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Feb 16, 2007
I dont see why the frikin chrisies hate gays. Why the hell do they hate gays?

Here, ill get some stuff off the bible refering to gays.

1. Jesus never said anything against gays
2. In the bible, god never said anything against gays
3. Moses never said anything against gays

The first asshole gay-hater in the bible was St. Peter (or whatever his name was), when he said that homosexuality is dumb. And homosexuality was only described on a few pages in the bible.

Now I dont know why the hell christians hate gays so much. Mabey they want a scapegoat or something...
So christians, when your talkin bad about gays, shut up and learn the fucking facts. Cause I highly doubt that a gay person did anything to you. And gay is something you are born with, its "gods gift" So seriously, stop makin fun of gays. They are just people, and theres nothing wrong with them

Since: Jan 07

Princeton, NJ

#2 Feb 16, 2007
Maybe a better question might be why do those who hate gay people claim to be Christians? Not all Christians hate gay people, a lot of LGBT people are Christian themselves. But for some reason most anti-gay people feel compelled to dress themselves up in religious extremism of one kind or another, Christian, Islamic, or whatever.

p.s. I love your screen name but it's really not true of all gay people either.:-) Kind of offensive actually. LOL.
Johann

Seattle, WA

#3 Feb 17, 2007
THE ETERNAL GOODNESS
By John Greenleaf Whittier
1807-1892

Oh, friends with whom
My feet have trod
The quiet aisle of prayer
Glad witness to your zeal for God
And love of man I bear

I trace your lines of argument
Your logic linked and strong
I weigh as one who dreads dissent
And fears a doubt as wrong

Yet still my human hands are weak
To hold your iron creeds
Against the words ye bid me speak
My heart within me pleads:

"Who fathoms the Eternal Thought
Who talks of scheme and plan
The Lord is God
He needeth not the poor device of man."

I walk with bare hushed feet
The ground you tred with boldness shod
I dare not fix with mete and bound
The love and power of God

Ye praise his justice; even such
His pitying love I deem:
Ye seek a king; I fain would touch
The robe that hath no seam.

Ye see the curse which overbroods
A world of pain and loss;
I hear our Lord's beatitudes
And prayer upon the cross.........

And thou oh Lord by whom are seen
Thy creatures as they be
Forgive me if too much I lean
My human heart on Thee.

More about the poet: John Greenleaf Whittier, can be found on-line.

Hope you all, like this poem.

Since: Jan 07

Princeton, NJ

#4 Feb 17, 2007
Johann wrote:
THE ETERNAL GOODNESS
By John Greenleaf Whittier
1807-1892
Oh, friends with whom
My feet have trod
The quiet aisle of prayer
Glad witness to your zeal for God
And love of man I bear
I trace your lines of argument
Your logic linked and strong
I weigh as one who dreads dissent
And fears a doubt as wrong
Yet still my human hands are weak
To hold your iron creeds
Against the words ye bid me speak
My heart within me pleads:
"Who fathoms the Eternal Thought
Who talks of scheme and plan
The Lord is God
He needeth not the poor device of man."
I walk with bare hushed feet
The ground you tred with boldness shod
I dare not fix with mete and bound
The love and power of God
Ye praise his justice; even such
His pitying love I deem:
Ye seek a king; I fain would touch
The robe that hath no seam.
Ye see the curse which overbroods
A world of pain and loss;
I hear our Lord's beatitudes
And prayer upon the cross.........
And thou oh Lord by whom are seen
Thy creatures as they be
Forgive me if too much I lean
My human heart on Thee.
More about the poet: John Greenleaf Whittier, can be found on-line.
Hope you all, like this poem.
That was really beautiful! Thanks Johann!
Gerrit van Zyl

South Africa

#5 Feb 17, 2007
Any Christian who hates another is not following Christ whole-heartedly, Jesus said:
'Condemn not, less ye be condemned' and
' Love your neighbour as yourself'
That word for neighbour doesn't just mean the people living next to you, but all those around you. Homosexuality is howeever spoken against by Moses in the law, check exodus

Since: Jan 07

Princeton, NJ

#6 Feb 17, 2007
Gerrit van Zyl wrote:
Any Christian who hates another is not following Christ whole-heartedly, Jesus said:
'Condemn not, less ye be condemned' and
' Love your neighbour as yourself'
That word for neighbour doesn't just mean the people living next to you, but all those around you. Homosexuality is howeever spoken against by Moses in the law, check exodus
It's Leviticus. Just letting you know. I don't agree with that law, but that's where it is.
Stella

Seattle, WA

#7 Feb 18, 2007
I'm sorry you think all or even most people of religious beleifs hate homosexuals because you're seriously mistaken. Like it has been said here, Christians are taught love. It is in the Bible in a few places that this behavior is against God's wishes, making the statement that it's natural and normal behavior mistaken. Wheather it's an illness, birth defect or whatever isn't up to us to decide. I deeply love and like my neice along with several other dear friends who prefer same sex partners. I do know ya'll use religion as a scapegoat when you complain; is this all you have? Makes ya wonder?
I have found that homosexuals are usually more prejudice than straights. How would you feel if we held a 'Straight Pride March'?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#8 Feb 18, 2007
Gerrit van Zyl wrote:
Any Christian who hates another is not following Christ whole-heartedly, Jesus said:
'Condemn not, less ye be condemned' and
' Love your neighbour as yourself'
That word for neighbour doesn't just mean the people living next to you, but all those around you. Homosexuality is howeever spoken against by Moses in the law, check exodus
Well, you were doing fine, until the last line.

You cannot love your neighbor as yourself if you do not believe that the person is gay when they tell you they are gay.

I'm sure that you would want people to believe you, if you told them the truth.

So, this treating someone as yourself, only goes so far, with some people who think they understand God's word!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#9 Feb 18, 2007
Stella wrote:
I'm sorry you think all or even most people of religious beleifs hate homosexuals because you're seriously mistaken. Like it has been said here, Christians are taught love. It is in the Bible in a few places that this behavior is against God's wishes, making the statement that it's natural and normal behavior mistaken. Wheather it's an illness, birth defect or whatever isn't up to us to decide. I deeply love and like my neice along with several other dear friends who prefer same sex partners. I do know ya'll use religion as a scapegoat when you complain; is this all you have? Makes ya wonder?
I have found that homosexuals are usually more prejudice than straights. How would you feel if we held a 'Straight Pride March'?
You are the exception to the rule then. Because most christians who come on this forum have one motive and that is to tell gays they are wrong and deviant, et cetera.

And as for a straight parade ...There's no need, because many heterosexuals already believe they are society's mainstream darlings.

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#10 Feb 18, 2007
Stella wrote:
I'm sorry you think all or even most people of religious beleifs hate homosexuals because you're seriously mistaken. Like it has been said here, Christians are taught love. It is in the Bible in a few places that this behavior is against God's wishes, making the statement that it's natural and normal behavior mistaken. Wheather it's an illness, birth defect or whatever isn't up to us to decide. I deeply love and like my neice along with several other dear friends who prefer same sex partners. I do know ya'll use religion as a scapegoat when you complain; is this all you have? Makes ya wonder?
I have found that homosexuals are usually more prejudice than straights. How would you feel if we held a 'Straight Pride March'?
Stella,

I would encourage you to read some of the posts here by some "fine christians", like sopot; susan; humble bigot and others.All they show and yell is hate.

Then there are some posts by Christians like June and others who truly show the love of and for God and His son Jesus.

Read and see they not so pure hate that is showered on us by these "fine christians" and you will see why we are more than a little gun shy with people.
Brian

North Royalton, OH

#11 Feb 18, 2007
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you were doing fine, until the last line.
You cannot love your neighbor as yourself if you do not believe that the person is gay when they tell you they are gay.
I'm sure that you would want people to believe you, if you told them the truth.
So, this treating someone as yourself, only goes so far, with some people who think they understand God's word!
june i find your statements most confusing...

one post from a christian you claim to be an exception to the rule and the next they were ok up to a certain sentance. the point we believe in one truth and we dont pick and choose that truth as we see fit.

you can love and dissapprove
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#12 Feb 18, 2007
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
june i find your statements most confusing...
one post from a christian you claim to be an exception to the rule and the next they were ok up to a certain sentance. the point we believe in one truth and we dont pick and choose that truth as we see fit.
you can love and dissapprove
But we were discussing how some christians that come on the forum have a very condescending attitude towards gays and she seems to half-way be accepting of gays.

What I was trying to point out, is that it sounds fine in theory to state that we treat others as we want to be treated, but in practice it is not always so. By the scripture she quoted to make a point that homosexuality is not approved of in scripture ... the two issues become conflicting.

If you treat another person as you want to be treated, you would believe them if they stated that they were telling the truth. But if you believe that homosexuality is wrong, you are telling them that they are wrong and in essence are lying.

Thank you.
Brian

North Royalton, OH

#13 Feb 18, 2007
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But we were discussing how some christians that come on the forum have a very condescending attitude towards gays and she seems to half-way be accepting of gays.
What I was trying to point out, is that it sounds fine in theory to state that we treat others as we want to be treated, but in practice it is not always so. By the scripture she quoted to make a point that homosexuality is not approved of in scripture ... the two issues become conflicting.
If you treat another person as you want to be treated, you would believe them if they stated that they were telling the truth. But if you believe that homosexuality is wrong, you are telling them that they are wrong and in essence are lying.
Thank you.
someone once said, "if you are not for me, then you are against me"

how relevent is that in this forum?

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#15 Feb 18, 2007
Wal-Mart Shopper wrote:
First and foremost one must remember that Gays are atheist. You can not hold an elected office in the United States Government as an atheist THANK GOD and we paln on keeping that way, unlike Canada which is a failed 3rd world country and forgot about GOD.
In the Holy name of Jesus I say to you Satan begone!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#18 Feb 18, 2007
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
someone once said, "if you are not for me, then you are against me"
how relevent is that in this forum?
It all depends how you look at it and who knows who is right and who is wrong?

I guess we just do the best we can, within the framework of our beliefs.
Bill

United States

#19 Feb 18, 2007
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But we were discussing how some christians that come on the forum have a very condescending attitude towards gays and she seems to half-way be accepting of gays.
What I was trying to point out, is that it sounds fine in theory to state that we treat others as we want to be treated, but in practice it is not always so. By the scripture she quoted to make a point that homosexuality is not approved of in scripture ... the two issues become conflicting.
If you treat another person as you want to be treated, you would believe them if they stated that they were telling the truth. But if you believe that homosexuality is wrong, you are telling them that they are wrong and in essence are lying.
Thank you.
June, frankly your hate-filled anti-Christian posts really don't leave you with any credibility as speaking for Christianity or being a Christian in any sense of the word. You have repeatedly made it clear that you think you know much more about all of this than the God of the bible and that you think your philosophies should be forced on others.

From a Christian point of view, the God of the bible loves all his children and commands them to abstain from homosexual acts because they are harmful. He commands Christians to stand up for what is right and to preach His Word.

I understand that you oppose God and consider his Gospel to be "hate."

Certainly you have no tolerance of a Christian point of view.

“I am cholesterol!”

Since: Dec 06

Hartsville, SC

#21 Feb 18, 2007
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
june i find your statements most confusing...

the point we believe in one truth and we dont pick and choose that truth as we see fit.
Now I'm finding your comments to be confusing.

So you believe women are subordinates, as the bible says? Do you believe in slavery, like the bible condones? Do you believe that someone who plants two crops in the same field are going to hell?

FOR LAND'S SAKE, DO YOU CRY EVERY TIME YOU EAT SHRIMP?
Brian

North Royalton, OH

#22 Feb 18, 2007
Lani wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm finding your comments to be confusing.
So you believe women are subordinates, as the bible says? Do you believe in slavery, like the bible condones? Do you believe that someone who plants two crops in the same field are going to hell?
FOR LAND'S SAKE, DO YOU CRY EVERY TIME YOU EAT SHRIMP?
i dont like shrimp. if the statement confuses you go back and follow the post from the begining. if your still confused read it again.

you are comparing the old testement when women were possesions and back then slavery was accepted and many a slave was happy to what we call today WORK for their employer... it was their means of survival.

yes believe it or not.

as for planting two crops all i can say is God is God of love and forgiveness.
aaron

United States

#24 Feb 18, 2007
Stella wrote:
I'm sorry you think all or even most people of religious beleifs hate homosexuals because you're seriously mistaken. Like it has been said here, Christians are taught love. It is in the Bible in a few places that this behavior is against God's wishes, making the statement that it's natural and normal behavior mistaken. Wheather it's an illness, birth defect or whatever isn't up to us to decide. I deeply love and like my neice along with several other dear friends who prefer same sex partners. I do know ya'll use religion as a scapegoat when you complain; is this all you have? Makes ya wonder?
I have found that homosexuals are usually more prejudice than straights. How would you feel if we held a 'Straight Pride March'?
stella how bit this. please reply
WHAT DOES JESUS SAY ABOUT NATURAL EUNUCHS

Now what does Jesus say about those natural Eunuchs and about mutilated Eunuchs. Keeping in mind that the natural Eunuchs were the gays or homosexuals of the time.


KJV Matthew 19:12
12. For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.


Jesus mentions the natural Eunuchs (the true Eunuchs-the homosexuals), born from their mothers womb,

He also mentions the mutilated eunuchs (made by men), These are the castrated Eunuchs.

He also mentions those who simply abandon sex for the sake of spirituality.(Made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heavens sake.

As you can see in his statement above, Jesus also was not getting a 100% response. Notice the comment about, he that is able to receive it, let him receive it. Some obviously could not.

But Jesus said, that's the way it is.

How about you, can you receive it?

aaron

United States

#25 Feb 18, 2007
Wall-Mart Shopper wrote:
No It is the other way around, Gays hate Christians. You must believe in God to hold any elected office in the USA as famous gay and atheist found of the hard way. Gays have such shame and guilt they are forced to give up there religion. We did not throw them out. They got up and walked out for this Birth Defect Mental Illness of theirs. Go google " Gay Dictionary" to see how bad this illness really is. You will need to be sure the kids are out of the room. It is disgusting, to say the least. Go look Go learn. Then Google "DOMA" and see that gay marriage is against a Federal Law. Go look, Go Learn Make your own mind up about this.
learn how to spell where you work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 2 min June VanDerMark 10,954
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Frankie Rizzo 38,460
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 15 min Frankie Rizzo 120
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 17 min Strel 14,710
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 57 min Xstain Mullah Aroma 48
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 1 hr guest 178
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 1 hr Wally 423
More from around the web