Cardinal Peter Turkson: Pope Contender Suggests Gay PriestsTo Blame For Child Rape Scandals

Feb 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOne

A firestorm of criticism has erupted involving Cardinal Peter Turkson , who could be next in line to succeed Pope Benedict XVI, all because he has publicly suggested that gay priests are in part to blame for the child sexual abuse scandals within the Catholic Church that have broken and rippled worldwide.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 98 of98
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
I just love this religion forum - it shows how much Christianity brings people closer and makes them love one another, LOL.
I feel the love.
It feels like hate.
Annette

Djibouti

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

MAY GOD JUST FORGIVE YOU ALL.

Cardinal Peter Turkson is a knowledgable man I have ever sen and capable of leading the catholic church in th right path, espcially in this time!!!

Love him or not, he is the man of the moment.

God bless you.
The Drooling Porky Pig

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Annette wrote:
Cardinal Peter Turkson is a knowledgable man I have ever sen and capable of leading the catholic church in th right path, espcially in this time!!!
God bless you.
What does God have to do with any of this?

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Annette wrote:
God bless you.
I guess you've never met any Nobel Prize winners, huh?

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel the love.
It feels like hate.
Hard to tell the difference!

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

I don't think this pope is playing with a full deck. Being gay does NOT make a person a pedophile.

“... from a ...”

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Annette wrote:
God bless you.
What is so especial about "this time" ?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>Hard to tell the difference!
"Wait...there's a difference?"
Said the pope.
Annette

Djibouti

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

May God's will be done for him and in his life!

God bless you all!

As for me, I love him and want him to be elected Pope.
Larry

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

EdmondWA wrote:
Good idea, blame the gay priests for raping the young boys. They are certainly culpable. That will fix the problem, no doubt.
Hmmm, but what about the GIRLS who were raped? Blame the gays there too? Doesn't seem to work. Don't they CARE about what happens to females? Oh, sorry, I forgot I was talking about CATHOLICS there for a second.
If only these twisted, anti-sex loons would learn the difference between CONSENSUAL sex between ADULTS, and sex with a CHILD of ANY gender. Maybe if people would learn to stop trusting CELIBATE individuals for information on sex AT ALL, this could all stop happening COMPLETELY.
When it coms to human sexuality, there's nothing to learn from people who condemn and abstain from ALL sex. These people are deliberately leading THEMSELVES down a path of sexual ignorance, and they have nothing to offer regular human beings.
How about we spend a few minutes focusing NOT on the SEX that happened (although that's bad), but on the priests and bishops who ACTIVELY COVERED IT UP, and sought to HIDE these crimes from the authorities? THOSE are the freaks who need to be blamed. Crimes will always happen, but pretending that they DIDN'T happen, and putting those SAME offenders into NEW situations to commit AGAIN is a worse crime altogether. And they want to blame someone else.
Sorry, gentlemen, but if you wanted to call ANY of this a "crime", then you would have REPORTED it from day one.
Where has the Catholic church suggested that gays have raped girls as priests?
Larry

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

When has the Catholic church suggested that priests who have molested/raped girls were gay rather than heterosexual?
Larry

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

The New Testament scriptures do not even suggest that Pastors or elders are to be unmarried rather than married. Paul told Timothy that Pastors and elders were to be married to one woman. No where in the New Testament does scripture say that Pastors/elders/or deacons are to be called Priests! The New Testament does say that all Christians are priests with the context being that fundamentally any Christian has full access to God through their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ alone as their only mediator between them and God.
NoQ

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

The Drooling Porky Pig wrote:
<quoted text>What does God have to do with any of this?
SNYPER IS THE SANTA CRUZ FAGG@T posting as The Drooling Porky Pig. True Fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
SNYPER IS THE SANTA CRUZ FAGG@T posting as The Drooling Porky Pig. True Fact.
Are you MAD bro?
NoQ

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>Are you MAD bro?
Ya know why the nasty Fa$$ot has the name WasteWater?? Cause he's so full of shit & semen, he's a walking, talking, breathing Cesspool. Waste - Sewage. LMFAO
The Oracle

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
I don't think this pope is playing with a full deck. Being gay does NOT make a person a pedophile.

It's essential when raping little boys though Sherlayne.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Larry wrote:
Where has the Catholic church suggested that gays have raped girls as priests?
I don't know that they have. I didn't say that they did, I only wonder why they feel the need to focus on the "gay" priests and on the same-sex rape. It seems as if they disregard the opposite-sex rape as less important, and not worthy of focus. Though, this is hardly surprising. Most Abrahamic sects devalue females.

It seems to me that the gender orientation of the rape is not important at all. The real issue is that rape is HAPPENING, and that it is being covered up by higher church authorities. To point blame at "the gays" seems to be the church's way of shifting blame from itself. They drum up public reaction against gay people, because it's easy, resulting in a callous (and predictably patriarchal) disregard for girls who were raped. Because inciting hatred against JUST MEN wouldn't be good for business.

“... from a ...”

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Larry wrote:
The New Testament scriptures do not even suggest that Pastors or elders are to be unmarried rather than married. Paul told Timothy that Pastors and elders were to be married to one woman. No where in the New Testament does scripture say that Pastors/elders/or deacons are to be called Priests! The New Testament does say that all Christians are priests with the context being that fundamentally any Christian has full access to God through their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ alone as their only mediator between them and God.
"Larry" the evolution of such things are the result of the Saulian heresies.

For example, in the gospel account Yeshua is recorded as saying " ... call no one 'father'... ", while Saul says, " ... it is right that you call me 'father'... ". This is not an isolated incident.

Saulianity, and it's hoary child, "christendom" are heretical.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 98 of98
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••