Russian Duma Passes Ban on Gay 'Propa...

Russian Duma Passes Ban on Gay 'Propaganda' in 390-1 Vote on First Reading: VIDEO

There are 59 comments on the Towleroad story from Jan 25, 2013, titled Russian Duma Passes Ban on Gay 'Propaganda' in 390-1 Vote on First Reading: VIDEO. In it, Towleroad reports that:

Russia's Duma has passed a bill banning gay "propaganda" in a 390-1 vote on the bill's first reading Russian LGBT Network reports in a press release : Today, January 25, the Russian State Duma passed bill against so called "propaganda of homosexualism" in the first reading .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Towleroad.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
XXX13

Iowa City, IA

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Hooray for Russia.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#2 Jan 29, 2013
what ele do yo expect fom a russian Dumazz

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#4 Jan 29, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
what ele do yo expect fom a russian Dumazz
Chill out baby, Russia is far away. lol.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#5 Jan 29, 2013
Alexey25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chill out baby, Russia is far away. lol.
good thing... hope they keep them behind a wall too
Luigi

Italy

#6 Jan 29, 2013
WOO HOO!!!!!

Go Russia go!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Jan 29, 2013
Gay is an innate orientation, NOT an ideology.
Joe in US

Bronx, NY

#9 Feb 20, 2013
Actually homosexuality is a perversion.
Pro Ukraine

UK

#10 Feb 20, 2013
Who was the poofter who voted against, was it Putin? LOL
USA and Israel go to hell

Niksic, Montenegro

#11 Feb 20, 2013
Homosexuality is Western American pervesion.

USA and Israel are Homosexaul dirty nations.
Democracy

Martinsville, NJ

#12 Feb 20, 2013
If this is the vote of the people there.....then their vote must be respected.
Anonymous

Brewster, NY

#13 Feb 20, 2013
Joe in US wrote:
Actually homosexuality is a perversion.
Terrytown ah close company.

Glad to see some locals standing up to homosexuality perversion.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Democracy wrote:
If this is the vote of the people there.....then their vote must be respected.
What about the people who are voted against?

Raw democracy is rule by the herd. The herd, driven by fear and security issues, is merely the lowest common denominator and knows neither justice nor empathy. It is blown about by the wind.

While it is better than autocracy or oligarchy, raw democracy must be tempered and limited by representative democracy, and safeguarded by a completely independent judiciary composed of the best minds of each generation, and dedicated above all to the principles of equal justice and humanity for every Citizen.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#15 Feb 21, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the people who are voted against?
Raw democracy is rule by the herd. The herd, driven by fear and security issues, is merely the lowest common denominator and knows neither justice nor empathy. It is blown about by the wind.
While it is better than autocracy or oligarchy, raw democracy must be tempered and limited by representative democracy, and safeguarded by a completely independent judiciary composed of the best minds of each generation, and dedicated above all to the principles of equal justice and humanity for every Citizen.
Democracy is just the power of the majority.
The power of minorities is not democracy but fascism.
What agressive minorities are trying to enforce in the west is liberal fascism not democracy.

Location hidden

#16 Feb 21, 2013
Alexey25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy is just the power of the majority.
The power of minorities is not democracy but fascism.
What agressive minorities are trying to enforce in the west is liberal fascism not democracy.
You misuse terms to set up an opponent you think you can defeat. That is a fallacious argument. It also uses dysphemism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysphemism

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#17 Feb 21, 2013
Personally, I am not much of a fan of Russia & I never had been one but on this matter I agree with Russia to ban the poofters from flaunting their deviant behavior in public.
To play with each other in privacy, that´s another matter but to come out in the public & try to jam it on normal folks is unacceptable in my view.

“Been to Polakia...”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#18 Feb 21, 2013
Pesky army wrote:
Personally, I am not much of a fan of Russia & I never had been one but on this matter I agree with Russia to ban the poofters from flaunting their deviant behavior in public.
To play with each other in privacy, that´s another matter but to come out in the public & try to jam it on normal folks is unacceptable in my view.
Well said Pesky!
rarely if ever I agree with you or even russian posters, but russian duma has done itself proud!

Poofters are perverts and perversion propaganda to public needs to be outlawed in whole world, let alone in one of few countries

Location hidden

#19 Feb 21, 2013
Pesky army wrote:
So you deny Citizens the Right to assemble peacefully, the Right to Free Association, and the Right to Seek Redress of Grievances?

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#20 Feb 21, 2013
To assemble peacefully as eloquently posted above is one thing. To fondle each other in public is another matter.
However, it´s great to see our famous poop chute cleaner here again though.
Lawrence

United States

#21 Feb 21, 2013
Pesky army wrote:
I agree with you 100%.

Location hidden

#22 Feb 21, 2013
Pesky army wrote:
To assemble peacefully as eloquently posted above is one thing. To fondle each other in public is another matter.
However, it´s great to see our famous poop chute cleaner here again though.
Don't heteros get to "fondle each other in public" ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 14 min TomInElPaso 2,140
News Were 'Fixer Upper' Stars Chip and Joanna Gaines... 15 min Xstain Mullah Aroma 16
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Just Think 22,471
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 42,878
News The Latest: Gay rights groups celebrate Gov. Mc... 2 hr Logic Analysis 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr Just Think 4,721
News Wal-Mart adds insurance coverage for transgende... 10 hr Tango1676 2
More from around the web