Same sex male couples at the Gay Pride Festival in Atlanta, Georgia.

Nov 30, 2012 Full story: CW2 Colorado KWGN-TV 12

The Supreme Court took no action Friday on a pending series of appeals over the divisive issue of same-sex marriage.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#1 Nov 30, 2012
Gee -- I didn't know that expecting equal legal rights for all citizens was divisive.

It seems to me that those who would deny equal legal rights to anyone are the ones who are voluntarily separating themselves from the rest of society.
david traversa

Argentina

#2 Nov 30, 2012
Gay And Proud wrote:
Gee -- I didn't know that expecting equal legal rights for all citizens was divisive.
It seems to me that those who would deny equal legal rights to anyone are the ones who are voluntarily separating themselves from the rest of society.
I don't think people who oppose equal rights are very much concerned with the harm caused by their divisive actions.. either in this case or any other.. It all stems from personal unhappiness.. Somebody must pay for their insecurities and frustrations.. And who can be more vulnerable than a member (or members) of a minority? It's a disguised form of furious despair.. That's why they all approve (openly or tacitly) of violent measures.. And that's why, in the end, they're always beaten..
Andy

Netherlands

#3 Nov 30, 2012
For federal purposes under the 1996 law, marriage is defined as only between one man and one woman. That means federal tax, Social Security, pension, and bankruptcy benefits, and family medical leave protections do not apply to gay and lesbian couples.

Any questions? Good.
david traversa

Argentina

#4 Nov 30, 2012
Andy wrote:
For federal purposes under the 1996 law, marriage is defined as only between one man and one woman. That means federal tax, Social Security, pension, and bankruptcy benefits, and family medical leave protections do not apply to gay and lesbian couples.
Any questions? Good.
You fit the above description perfectly.. No questions necessary..

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#5 Nov 30, 2012
Gay And Proud wrote:
Where have you been ?!

Wasn't granting equal rights to black Americans divisive ?!

Wasn't granting equal rights to female Americans divisive ?!

Why should granting equal rights to LGBT Americans be any LESS divisive ?!

Grow up !
Yogesh9638400901

Satellite Provider

#6 Nov 30, 2012
I am gey 9099893388

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#7 Nov 30, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have you been ?!
Wasn't granting equal rights to black Americans divisive ?!
Wasn't granting equal rights to female Americans divisive ?!
Why should granting equal rights to LGBT Americans be any LESS divisive ?!
Grow up !
That's the problem, it shouldn't be divisive, it's suppose to be the American way.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#8 Nov 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem, it shouldn't be divisive, it's suppose to be the American way.
What planet are you on ?! Whoever said that ?!

"The American Way" has NEVER been about "equality for all" !

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9 Nov 30, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you on ?! Whoever said that ?!
"The American Way" has NEVER been about "equality for all" !
Your reading comprehension is lower than I give you credit for far too often. I said it's suppose to be, not that it was. The original post you responded to was that it shouldn't be divisive, though in a round about manner, and you responded with a "well, it is, get over it." When you can learn to read better, I'll start responding to you again, until then all I can offer is mockery.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#10 Nov 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reading comprehension is lower than I give you credit for far too often. I said it's suppose to be, not that it was. The original post you responded to was that it shouldn't be divisive, though in a round about manner, and you responded with a "well, it is, get over it." When you can learn to read better, I'll start responding to you again, until then all I can offer is mockery.
My reading comprehension is just fine. Who said "equality for all" is "supposed to be" ?! That contention is RIDICULOUS (Aristophanes).

Where do you get such nonsense from ?!

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#11 Nov 30, 2012
We have NEVER had "equality for all" in the U.S.

I hope we never have "equality for all" in the U.S.

We're not SUPPOSED TO HAVE ""equality for all" in the U.S.

If you believe that we ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE "equality for all" in the U.S., where on earth did you ever get that idea from ?!
AzAdam

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Nov 30, 2012
There are always 2 possibilities when I see a lot of responses to a story.

1. It's an interesting story.
2. Fa foxy is trolling about, talking about whatever random unrelated topic enters his borderline personality disorder mind.

The latter, unfortunately, is more common.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 3 min The Troll Stopper 3,488
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 6 min Sneaky Pete 12
Homosexuality 'promotes bonding' 7 min Seymore 25
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 11 min Wondering 4,387
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 18 min thetruth 14,445
Gay-rights activist charged with sex abuse was ... 18 min Conrad 6
Study Suggests But Doesn't Prove Genetic Link t... 19 min WeTheSheeple 258
Obama backer faces sexual abuse charges 29 min WeTheSheeple 100
CBS Network's 'Home for the Holidays' Special W... 1 hr Buford 117
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,937

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE