Rhode Island Senate GOP Backs Same-Se...

Rhode Island Senate GOP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

There are 23 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Apr 23, 2013, titled Rhode Island Senate GOP Backs Same-Sex Marriage. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Citing a love of liberty and a belief in small government, the Republican caucus of the Rhode Island Senate- five senators in all- back same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Apr 23, 2013
I hope they pass teh bill.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2 Apr 23, 2013
They'd better pass the bill now. If all the Republicans vote for same-sex marriage and the bill fails, we'll never here the end of Foxy telling us how Democrats sabbotaged equality in Rhode Island.

Littleton, NH

#3 Apr 23, 2013
The committe meets at three. I'm guessing it will be short because the full senate meets at four.

If anyone figures out where to watch or listen on the internet, let me know. Everything I've found points to cable broadcasts.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#4 Apr 23, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
They'd better pass the bill now. If all the Republicans vote for same-sex marriage and the bill fails, we'll never here the end of Foxy telling us how Democrats sabbotaged equality in Rhode Island.
and have to put up with his bad spelling

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Apr 23, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
Yeah, I know. I thought of that. This is a really tough decision. Nobody supports equal rights more than me. Yet bashing Democrats is so irresistable to me (Because they're Evil, PURE EVIL), so the sight of seeing ths bill fail because of teh Democrats would be delicious.

Decisions, decisions......

Littleton, NH

#6 Apr 23, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Apr 23, 2013
It appears that Rhode Island remembers what Republicans are supposed to sound like.

Littleton, NH

#8 Apr 23, 2013
Passed 7 - 4!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Apr 23, 2013
Yeah!

Now it's on to the full Senate where it will almost certainly pass now that all 5 Republicans support it.

Now we know why the anti-gay Sen Weed kept it from getting to the Senate all these years!

I hope she dies in a fiery car crash!

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Apr 23, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know. I thought of that. This is a really tough decision. Nobody supports equal rights more than me. Yet bashing Democrats is so irresistable to me (Because they're Evil, PURE EVIL), so the sight of seeing ths bill fail because of teh Democrats would be delicious.
Decisions, decisions......
That's because you're a complete moron!

Tawas City, Michigan

#11 Apr 23, 2013
So Rhode Island will become the 10th state with marraige equality, assuming they pass it this week.

Btw, the Delaware House is supposed to be voting today on their marriage bill as well this afternoon, but I haven't found anywhere to view it yet.

Littleton, NH

#12 Apr 23, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
So Rhode Island will become the 10th state with marraige equality, assuming they pass it this week.
Btw, the Delaware House is supposed to be voting today on their marriage bill as well this afternoon, but I haven't found anywhere to view it yet.
http://www.legis.delaware.gov/
There's a link at the bottom to audio

Tawas City, Michigan

#13 Apr 23, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.legis.delaware.gov/
There's a link at the bottom to audio
Thanks, but are you getting anything?

Tawas City, Michigan

#14 Apr 23, 2013
With all 5 Republicans supporting the bill, we only need 15 of the 33 Dems to pass it.

This should be one of the most lopsided votes so far.

Littleton, NH

#15 Apr 23, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but are you getting anything?
I was, but I stopped listening a little after 5:00 EDT. Now the page says there is no session, but I haven't found the results of the vote.

Also, I had a bit of trouble. It wouldn't come up on my work computer (thanks to the control freaks on the security team) or my ipad (thanks to the spat between Apple and Adobe). I had been able to get it on my home computer, but it was a little flaky.

Littleton, NH

#16 Apr 23, 2013
According to the Washington Post, the Delaware House has narrowly passed marriage equality, sending it to the senate. The blurb didn't say anything else, and I couldn't find any other articles.

Littleton, NH

#17 Apr 23, 2013
Today's wins: France, Delaware, Rhoode Island.
Yesterdays win: Nevada.

4 for 4 this week!

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#18 Apr 23, 2013
nhjeff wrote:

4 for 4 this week!
I live living in this day and age and hearing of progress live.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#19 Apr 23, 2013
nhjeff wrote:

4 for 4 this week!
Love* living in this day and age.

Since: Sep 09

San Francisco, CA

#20 Apr 23, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
According to the Washington Post, the Delaware House has narrowly passed marriage equality, sending it to the senate. The blurb didn't say anything else, and I couldn't find any other articles.
Link to Delaware House website.
http://www.legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis147.nsf/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 4 min Brown Eye 28,133
News Kim Davis challenger: Man whose marriage licens... 12 min doom of truth 36
News 22 states ban housing discrimination against ga... 1 hr Islam n Judaism 33
News Lyft driver in Indianapolis orders gay couple o... 1 hr Bouncy House 50
LET's PARTAAAAYY!!! 2 hr Bouncy House 3
News Church suffering from same-sex motion sickness 2 hr Rinaldo 2
News As a gay teen, Evan Low thought about changing ... 2 hr Bruce 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr SHEWEE 61,743