Court Rules For Daniel Glowacki, Homo...

Court Rules For Daniel Glowacki, Homophobic Teen Ejected From Class

There are 5 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jun 20, 2013, titled Court Rules For Daniel Glowacki, Homophobic Teen Ejected From Class. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

An argument between Daniel Glowacki and his teacher Jay McDowell resulted in the teen being removed from class, in violation of his free speech rights

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 20, 2013
He should have been removed for "Disturbing the Peace" ... and so charged.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#2 Jun 21, 2013
It's a frickin' school! They have a right to have rules about what can and cannot be said on school property. Freedom of speech doesn't apply.

The school also has a duty to provide a safe, abuse-free learning environment for ALL of their students, including LGBT students, who have a right not to be subjected to the verbal abuse spewed by homophobic bigots.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#3 Jun 21, 2013
It might be a frickin' school, but students don't entirely check their rights at the door. I hate to be agreeing with the little phobe, but the teacher crossed the line. Disagreement with an opinion isn't causing a disturbance, he shouldn't have been removed from class because he didn't agree.
Front Line Fighter

Greensburg, PA

#4 Jun 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
It might be a frickin' school, but students don't entirely check their rights at the door. I hate to be agreeing with the little phobe, but the teacher crossed the line. Disagreement with an opinion isn't causing a disturbance, he shouldn't have been removed from class because he didn't agree.
Thank you, Rick. That was a good statement. It sounds to me like the teacher was mad because he had failed to indoctrinate that student and get him all in a line with the current groupthink. If people don't know what groupthink is, they should read 1984. Heck, they should read 1984 anyway and read it again if you've already read it. We're very, very close to living it now. Better to know what it is. Gays, did you ever think that you would be one of the main instruments bringing 1984 to reality? You are.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#5 Jun 21, 2013
Front Line Fighter wrote:
Thank you, Rick. That was a good statement. It sounds to me like the teacher was mad because he had failed to indoctrinate that student and get him all in a line with the current groupthink. If people don't know what groupthink is, they should read 1984. Heck, they should read 1984 anyway and read it again if you've already read it. We're very, very close to living it now. Better to know what it is. Gays, did you ever think that you would be one of the main instruments bringing 1984 to reality? You are.
Thank you, my next good statement would be to suggest that you might want to consider getting help with your paranoia. This wasn't a conspiracy, merely the arrogance that can come with having authority.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 min dollarsbill 17,693
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 19 min anonymous 665
News Police plan to ramp up security at Jackson Brow... 32 min Dean 2
News Why Gay Is Not the New Black 55 min Yisraelite Suprem... 23
News Winnipeg men trying to get their 1974 marriage ... 1 hr problem solved 22
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Repent Sinners 61,396
News Texas middle school teachers resign after anti-... 2 hr Aspirin Between M... 16
News Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist an... 2 hr Wondering 102
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 3 hr Wondering 990
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 7 hr Ramos 27,304
More from around the web