Matthew Warren, Son of Pastor Rick Wa...

Matthew Warren, Son of Pastor Rick Warren, Commits Suicide

There are 47 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Apr 6, 2013, titled Matthew Warren, Son of Pastor Rick Warren, Commits Suicide . In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Matthew Warren, the son of Pastor Rick Warren, committed suicide apparently by gunshot. Pastor Warren is known for his writing and his anti-gay activities

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1 Apr 6, 2013
That's terribly sad news, and despite my disdain for Rick Warren's politics and religious conclusions, I am so sorry for his family's tragic loss and the grief they must be experiencing.

R.I.P., Matthew Warren.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#2 Apr 6, 2013
Otter in the Ozarks wrote:
That's terribly sad news, and despite my disdain for Rick Warren's politics and religious conclusions, I am so sorry for his family's tragic loss and the grief they must be experiencing.
R.I.P., Matthew Warren.
I agree completely.

I thik that most Americans don't realize that for many DECADES, each year tehr eare MORE suicides than homicides. Homicides make teh news 100 times more often than suicides do.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 6, 2013
"Some see the world too clearly to abide in it."

Peace, little one.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#4 Apr 6, 2013
"Our condolences go out to the Warren family in this time of pain for no matter how much we may be at odds with each other, we are all, in the end, human."

Your finest moment as a writer. I steeled myself to see derision and jokes about this horrible event here at Gay/Lesbian Topix. I am glad that is not the case so far. My heart goes out to Matthew's family. I cannot imagine their sadness and pain, what they have already experienced as well as the sadness and pain ahead of them.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Apr 6, 2013
My condolences to his family and other loved ones. I know that the pain they feel now seems unbearable.

I pray that God somehow gets them thru this and eases their pain.

Even though we still all disagree with many people a lot, and long and loud, we must still learn to love one another. THAT is the most important thing one must learn in life.

And if you can't help somebody, for God's sake, at LEAST don't hurt them.

as a Christian man, I say to the Warren Family, I am very sorry for your loss, and hope that God somehow eases your pain.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#6 Apr 6, 2013
Family dynamics play a large role, no matter how sad the suicide.

Fact.

If the son simply couldn't stand that fundraising honed, sanctimonious voice anymore he should have moved away from his family of bigots, I mean, origin.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Apr 7, 2013
Let's not go there.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#8 Apr 7, 2013
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup wrote:
Family dynamics play a large role....
Aren't you blaming the victims here? I have seen depression and mental illness strike the kindest and gentlest families. Is it always the parent's fault when children are unhappy? At what point does an adult become responsible for his own mental adjustment?

I have seen sixteen year olds make a place for themselves despite the worst possible family circumstances. And I know nothing about the Warrens to suggest that their home was not a nurturing environment for the children.

The tragedy requires sympathy, no matter who the victim.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#9 Apr 7, 2013
I wonder if Rick Warren feels the same pain as the parents of gay children that took there life's because churches like Saddleback's anti gay rhetoric
I know this sounds cold and heartless but what goes around comes around
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Apr 7, 2013
snyper wrote:
"Some see the world too clearly to abide in it."
Peace, little one.
He was not a 'little one'; sugar
He put up with Rick Warren for 27 years

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#11 Apr 7, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
I wonder if Rick Warren feels the same pain as the parents of gay children that took there life's because churches like Saddleback's anti gay rhetoric
I know this sounds cold and heartless but what goes around comes around
Oh, my. I had not even thought of that wrinkle. I wonder if Rick has thought of the cruel irony of that one?

It's still sad to see anyone so young die.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#12 Apr 7, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not a 'little one'; sugar
He put up with Rick Warren for 27 years
Oh, dear.

How many times on Topix have you seen our haters GLOAT in glee at suicide with some of the cruelest words I have ever seen anywhere?

Show them that humans CAN be compassionate to others, unlike them. If it had been a gay son, you can be sure they would be giggling like school girls at the youth's death.

Show them we are above their despicable behavior.
Uves Soul

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Apr 7, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, dear.
How many times on Topix have you seen our haters GLOAT in glee at suicide with some of the cruelest words I have ever seen anywhere?
Show them that humans CAN be compassionate to others, unlike them. If it had been a gay son, you can be sure they would be giggling like school girls at the youth's death.
All this coming from a 'human being' that cannot resist insulting woman left and right. More in particular, mothers in general. So telling.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#14 Apr 7, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, dear.
My compassion is for the son
Uves Soul

Pittsfield, MA

#15 Apr 7, 2013
Uves Soul wrote:
<quoted text>
All this coming from a 'human being' that cannot resist insulting woman left and right. More in particular, mothers in general. So telling.
Women.

Phew....nothing worse than an overcompensating grammar gay.
Uh-Oh!
Here he comes now!
Tomas

Turkey

#16 Apr 7, 2013
Uves Soul wrote:
<quoted text>
Curteese hates mothers becuase he never had a mother. Curteese was conceived in his father's behind.
Uves Soul

Pittsfield, MA

#17 Apr 7, 2013
Tomas wrote:
<quoted text>
Curteese hates mothers becuase he never had a mother. Curteese was conceived in his father's behind.
I've had my suspicions all along. He also shows great hatred and conviction of people making spelling errors. Which includes over half of the latino and black population. Nothin worse than a gay woman hating yew racist.
Oy

Uve

Location hidden

#18 Apr 7, 2013
Uves Soul wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had my suspicions all along. He also shows great hatred and conviction of people making spelling errors. Which includes over half of the latino and black population. Nothin worse than a gay woman hating yew racist.
Oy
I see your ignorant bigotry is not just limited to gays, POS.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#19 Apr 7, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
My compassion is for the son
One of the hardest things in life to do is to LOVE your enemies and LOVE the ones that hate you. Not everyone can do that.

If one person can do that, and another person cannot do that, then who is the stronger ?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#20 Apr 7, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the hardest things in life to do is to LOVE your enemies and LOVE the ones that hate you. Not everyone can do that.
If one person can do that, and another person cannot do that, then who is the stronger ?
That is the theory behind snake-handling
But it doesn't always work as planned

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 14 min Freedomofexpression 53,733
News ABC plans a Riot to mark the 40th anniversary o... 20 min TomInElPaso 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 24 min Freedomofexpression 8,426
40 years ago today 33 min Huey 5
SHOUT OUT TO FRANKIe RIZZO 48 min im your huckleberry 1
News Trump bans transgender people from military 52 min Daisy 342
News Gay rights is personal for Fla. candidates 1 hr a nice troller 3
News Organist Says Fear of Trump Future Made Him Pai... 1 hr EMMETT TILL 25
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 3 hr Wondering 568
More from around the web