Gov.: RI recognizing out-of-state gay marriages

May 14, 2012 Full story: The Times Leader 26

Rhode Island's governor on Monday declared that the state will recognize same-sex marriages performed elsewhere, giving gay couples the same rights as heterosexual ones when it comes to health insurance and a slew of other benefits.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#1 May 14, 2012
So why not make it legal there???

That's just silly.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 May 14, 2012

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#3 May 14, 2012
I suppose he expects us to now be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO HIM FOR THIS, he is REQURIRED to recognize ALL the legal acts of every state, INCLUDING ALL MARRIAGES, according to Article IV. of the U.S. Constitution.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#4 May 14, 2012
Executive tyrants and jurist tyrants will continue to search for ways to violate the will of the people. With thirty-nine States now clearly rejecting the abomination of gay "marriage", there are more than enough to pass an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution defining marriage as between a man and a woman. Just the assertion that two females can claim parenthood of a child is an obvious contradiction in their assault on traditional values.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#5 May 14, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
Executive tyrants and jurist tyrants will continue to search for ways to violate the will of the people. With thirty-nine States now clearly rejecting the abomination of gay "marriage", there are more than enough to pass an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution defining marriage as between a man and a woman. Just the assertion that two females can claim parenthood of a child is an obvious contradiction in their assault on traditional values.
The abomination is a majority presuming to deny a minority its basic human rights. That is why democracies need things like a constitution and a bill of rights -- to keep the majority in check and protect minority rights.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#6 May 14, 2012
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
The abomination is a majority presuming to deny a minority its basic human rights. That is why democracies need things like a constitution and a bill of rights -- to keep the majority in check and protect minority rights.
Constitutions and bills of rights are constructs to encourage normality; they are not suicide pacts. Every aspect of the homosexual culture is self-destructive and harmful to society. Such minorities abuse systems of normalcy and try to impose their destructive views on society at large. Such sociopath tendencies should be seen as the mental illness they are. The mentally ill and criminal have reduced rights, but those should include proper care in mental health facilities and quarantines as necessary.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#7 May 14, 2012
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
The abomination is a majority presuming to deny a minority its basic human rights. That is why democracies need things like a constitution and a bill of rights -- to keep the majority in check and protect minority rights.
This is one of the things that the Founding Fathers had a great fear of, and is one of teh reasons that the U.S. Constitution, and state constitutions, and state laws, were far LESS democratic than they are nowadays.

For instance:

1. For many decades after the U.S. Constitution wa sratified, most states required that a person own at LEAST 40 acres of land to be eligible to vote. How many residents of Boston, New York, and Philadelphia do you think owne dthat mch land ?

2. Until the 20th century, a voter could NOT vote for either of his 2 U.S. senators. Some people today still think that amending the U.S. Constitution to allow voters to do so was a bad idea.

3. Even today in the U.S. Senate, it is NOT "amjority rules" but rather "MINORITY rules !" A minority of 41 to 49 U.S. Senators can stop any legislation they like for any reason they like.

The idea that we have a democracy and that "majority rules" in the U.S. is a myth.

(And if you elect me king, I will rule with an Iron Sceptre, but ALWAYS be Fair. And Balanced.:))
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#8 May 14, 2012
Nowhere in the Constitution is there the slightest hint, that 1% of the population should guide and formulate mankind's understanding of Nature, nor be able to impose their deviance from Nature on the other 99%. Constitutional laws deal with respect for minorities, but not subjugation to them.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 May 14, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
Executive tyrants and jurist tyrants will continue to search for ways to violate the will of the people. With thirty-nine States now clearly rejecting the abomination of gay "marriage", there are more than enough to pass an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution defining marriage as between a man and a woman. Just the assertion that two females can claim parenthood of a child is an obvious contradiction in their assault on traditional values.
In most cases, one of the lesbians IS the bio-progentor of the children. Sometimes both are. Some hers. Some hers.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#10 May 14, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
In most cases, one of the lesbians IS the bio-progentor of the children. Sometimes both are. Some hers. Some hers.
Finding outrageously extreme methods of bypassing, or assaulting Nature and society is by itself indicative of mental illness, which in a sane society would put both women in institutions, but definitely remove any child from their influence and contact.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 May 14, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
Finding outrageously extreme methods of bypassing, or assaulting Nature and society is by itself indicative of mental illness, which in a sane society would put both women in institutions, but definitely remove any child from their influence and contact.
Nothing extreme, just a turkey baster.

More commonly, a physician assists.

You sound a lot like THIS society ...

http://thestory.org/archive/the_story_051412....

Download the Mp3 and give it a listen. You'll feel right at home.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#12 May 14, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
Constitutions and bills of rights are constructs to encourage normality; they are not suicide pacts.........
Your marriage must be absolutely miserable, for you to equate marriage with suicide. I feel sorry for you.

Fortunately, the gay married couples I know are in happy and fulfilling marriages.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#13 May 14, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
Finding outrageously extreme methods of bypassing, or assaulting Nature and society is by itself indicative of mental illness, which in a sane society would put both women in institutions, but definitely remove any child from their influence and contact.
You are very confused, but your sort usually are.

You obsess about what you hope others are doing, but don't have a a clue as to the reality of the situation.

And the reality is simple. Gay folks can make fantastic parents, and we raise wonderful kids. All it takes are equal parts of love, commitment, sacrifice, and pure joy. All things you have never felt, based on your sad posts.

Your fevered mind can't grasp that, I know.

But it's the simple truth.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#14 May 14, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
Nowhere in the Constitution is there the slightest hint, that 1% of the population should guide and formulate mankind's understanding of Nature, nor be able to impose their deviance from Nature on the other 99%. Constitutional laws deal with respect for minorities, but not subjugation to them.
Yes, we all understand that gay folks are a part of nature, and our marriages impose nothing on you or your kind.

Constitutional law protects minorities from the tyranny of people like you, thank goodness, and no sugjugation is required, or wanted.

Just equality under the law.

It's only your sort that are so weak and insecure as to demand that others be subjugated to their will, for no logical reason, other than ignoracne and animus, harming families and children along the way.

But, thankfully, you are falling into the minority view, which is a positive step for families and children everywhere.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#15 May 14, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
Executive tyrants and jurist tyrants will continue to search for ways to violate the will of the people. With thirty-nine States now clearly rejecting the abomination of gay "marriage", there are more than enough to pass an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution defining marriage as between a man and a woman. Just the assertion that two females can claim parenthood of a child is an obvious contradiction in their assault on traditional values.
Gay marriage became legal in Massachusetts on May 17, 2004 and marriage between a man and a woman stayed the same
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#16 May 14, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
Finding outrageously extreme methods of bypassing, or assaulting Nature and society is by itself indicative of mental illness, which in a sane society would put both women in institutions, but definitely remove any child from their influence and contact.
Are you allowed to raise children?
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#17 May 14, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very confused, but your sort usually are.
You obsess about what you hope others are doing, but don't have a a clue as to the reality of the situation.
And the reality is simple. Gay folks can make fantastic parents, and we raise wonderful kids. All it takes are equal parts of love, commitment, sacrifice, and pure joy. All things you have never felt, based on your sad posts.
Your fevered mind can't grasp that, I know.
But it's the simple truth.
Yes, the gay community has been able to muster a few gay couples to portray some settled normality about their lives, but the vast majority of gays don't want to get "married" and continue to be active predators spreading disease, drugs and maladjustment. I say "portray" because it is ultimately fakery and all children associated to such relationships are harmed, no matter the fine words you muster to describe such a paltry number of occurrences. Mostly, such displays are a part of a conspiracy for gays to lord it over everyone in this nation and advance perverse views of humanity exhibited in history always as detrimental to civilization. It is insane that 1%(or less) of the population should dominate media and politic with sexuality, no more, or less. The misrepresentation of the gay community by claims such as yours is simply a part of a destructive element of society being used by more powerful political elements to weaken and disrupt the culture at large. Every gain accomplished in this madness has led only to more madness for decades. Talk to your people. They don't like anything about America except the joy of destroying it.
Sue

Willimantic, CT

#18 May 14, 2012
The morals of this country gone to hell

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#19 May 15, 2012
Sue wrote:
The morals of this country gone to hell
People have morals, not countries.

Hate is not moral.

You are not a moral person.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#20 May 15, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
Nowhere in the Constitution is there the slightest hint, that 1% of the population should guide and formulate mankind's understanding of Nature, nor be able to impose their deviance from Nature on the other 99%. Constitutional laws deal with respect for minorities, but not subjugation to them.
lol.

Our revolution and, later, our Constitution were both instigated by a very small minority over the objections of the majority.

The mandates of the Constitution, and in fact of all Law in our Nation, are found in the Preamble ...

" ... to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity ... "

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 13 min Cowabunga 58,767
News Indiana House OKs religious objection bill by w... 14 min kuda 82
News Indiana officials look to stem religious object... 17 min Mr_SKY 24
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 26 min Terra Firma 17,694
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 27 min No Surprise 1,617
News Indiana governor supports clarifying religious ... 29 min OId Sailor 11
What Makes a Man Want to Lick Another Man's Balls? 41 min Rodney 1
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 53 min doty 514
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 55 min NorCal Native 1,585
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 30,842
More from around the web