Morgan Freeman narrates ad touting same-sex wins

Nov 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WMTW-TV Auburn

One of Hollywood's most recognizable voices has been put to use narrating a spot marking Election Day achievements for proponents of same-sex marriage.

Comments
1 - 20 of 126 Comments Last updated Dec 17, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

ANOTHER leftie nutzoid actor on my boycott list !

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

I've liked a lot of Mr. Freeman's movies. Especially ...

&fe ature=related

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
I don't think Mr. Freeman really gives a shit BTW its lefty not leftie SARAH!

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
How DARE he support same sex couples and their right to marry!

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

The Communist Party abolished all Czarist laws and its subsequent criminal code in the 1920s, did not criminalize non-commercial same-sex sexuality between consenting adults in private. It also provided for no-fault divorce and legalized abortion.
Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

What's he got to say about Benghazi?
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Ninthman wrote:
The Communist Party abolished all Czarist laws and its subsequent criminal code in the 1920s, did not criminalize non-commercial same-sex sexuality between consenting adults in private. It also provided for no-fault divorce and legalized abortion.
Hmmm. Sounds familiar.
Do you just make this bullshit up as you go along. Historically none of what you said is true unless you believe revisionist history!
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

morgan freeman dumped his wife after 26 years of marriage. maybe we now see why.
how are things going with your step daughter, morgan? is she still available?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Ninthman wrote:
Hmmm. Sounds familiar.
In it's earliest days, the Russian Communist movement tried to implement most of the same social principles and ideals as the French Revolution. It just added a few additional points that, in it's headstrong idealism, failed to take into account a basic element of human nature -- humans LIKE personal property, and they also tend to build status pyramids (preferably with themselves at the top). The Soviet system denied these aspects of human nature to such a degree that they had nothing in place to prevent these flaws, wrapped in ideological jargon, from coming to suffuse and dominate their country.

Anyway, Morgan Freeman is an actor who has made a lot of fun films. I'd be honored to have him over for supper. I imagine that the conversation would be wide-ranging and funny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

&fe ature=related

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
Zounds! Whatever will Morgan do, Your Irrelevancy?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

barry wrote:
morgan freeman dumped his wife after 26 years of marriage. maybe we now see why.
how are things going with your step daughter, morgan? is she still available?
Don't forget your knucklepadding on your next walk.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget your knucklepadding on your next walk.
now that was a real example of contributing to the conversation.
morgan freeman, the spokes person for anything related to marriage. really?
i'm just wondering did he marry his step daughter yet or is he just playing her?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

barry wrote:
<quoted text>now that was a real example of contributing to the conversation.
morgan freeman, the spokes person for anything related to marriage. really?
i'm just wondering did he marry his step daughter yet or is he just playing her?
You obviously have a ringside seat to your anal canal.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously have a ringside seat to your anal canal.
are you so insecure that the only response you have is an insult? maybe it is impossible to converse with you.
apparently it's ok with you for an old man to dump a faithful wife of twenty six years to date and fornicate with her daughter. what is she 29 now? if morgam freeman is a good actor[and he is] that's all he is. someone who is good a portraying something that he is not.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

barry wrote:
<quoted text>now that was a real example of contributing to the conversation.
morgan freeman, the spokes person for anything related to marriage. really?....
You'd rather follow a divorced Catholic like Maggie Gallegher, founder of the NOM? Or that paragon of virtue Newt Gingrich?

How about we talk marriage advice from a bunch of priest who aren't allowed to marry?

All these people FAILED in their marriages or never even married and we're supposed to think they know what makes a good marriage?

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

I'm glad to see another black person stand up for gay rights. They understand discrimination is discrimination regardless of race color religion creed, nationality or sexual orientation.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You'd rather follow a divorced Catholic like Maggie Gallegher, founder of the NOM? Or that paragon of virtue Newt Gingrich?
How about we talk marriage advice from a bunch of priest who aren't allowed to marry?
All these people FAILED in their marriages or never even married and we're supposed to think they know what makes a good marriage?
you're barking up the wrong tree. i agree with you on your last point as for mg, all i can tell is that she has never been divorced. she claims she is married and has never been divorced. but besides that i don't really see the point. just because newt might agree with anything i would say doesn't mean that i would hold him up as a valid spokes person for whatever we agreed on.

don't you find it creepy and sick that morgan freeman divorced a lady that had put up with him for 26 years [maybe she divorced him with good reason] and during his marriage and now after he is dating her daughter who is something like almost 40 years younger then him?
he shouldn't be the voice of anything but perhaps a retirement home for actors, certainly not anything related to any kind of marriage.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

barry wrote:
<quoted text>you're barking up the wrong tree. i agree with you on your last point as for mg, all i can tell is that she has never been divorced. she claims she is married and has never been divorced. but besides that i don't really see the point. just because newt might agree with anything i would say doesn't mean that i would hold him up as a valid spokes person for whatever we agreed on.
don't you find it creepy and sick that morgan freeman divorced a lady that had put up with him for 26 years [maybe she divorced him with good reason] and during his marriage and now after he is dating her daughter who is something like almost 40 years younger then him?
he shouldn't be the voice of anything but perhaps a retirement home for actors, certainly not anything related to any kind of marriage.
First my apologies if I misunderstood your stance on SSM.

As for what happened in his own marriage, the 50% divorce rate indites more than just Mr. Freeman when it comes to the "sanctity of marriage".

I'm just happy he supports equality for gays and lesbians under marriage laws.

As for his dating his daughter as long as she's not his biological child I don't see that it's really anyone's business.

Trophy Brides was a term invented by heterosexuals to describe an older man dumping his wife for a younger woman. It's not that uncommon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••