Queer Suicide and the Malpractice of "Love"

Dec 11, 2012 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.religiondispatches.org

Rev. Cody J. Sanders is an ordained Baptist minister and a Ph.D. Candidate in pastoral theology and pastoral care at Brite Divinity School in Fort Worth, Texas.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Franz

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Norfolk Pig Farmer wrote:
Why would Rick the Hick post an article about queers malpracticing love and then commiting suicide, if they'd just straighten up and find an opposite sex partner they'd find real love and not have to commit suicide, duh!?!?
Well said!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

And sadly, those most in need of reading this article, of course didn't. 2Kings 2:24.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Pure calumny.
Chance

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Of course. We have no indications that this young man ever set foot in a church. Yet his tragic suicide is used to tear into churches. Gays never miss a chance to tear down Christianity, even if to put a family's grief on display in a national forum to do so. My condolences to the family.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

May God have mercy on your hateful, sick soul.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Franz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
Arbiet macht Frei, Adolph.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Why would Rick the Hick post an article about queers malpracticing love and then commiting suicide, if they'd just straighten up and find an opposite sex partner they'd find real love and not have to commit suicide, duh!?!?
You misread the news article (or maybe you just didn't read it)
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Franz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
You misread the news article (or maybe you just didn't read it)
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Chance wrote:
Of course. We have no indications that this young man ever set foot in a church. Yet his tragic suicide is used to tear into churches. Gays never miss a chance to tear down Christianity, even if to put a family's grief on display in a national forum to do so. My condolences to the family.
Churches are the sole source of ministerial malpractice
Perhaps the church in question has a leak in its theology
Beauty Queen

Alton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

duh!?!?
Internet troll ...

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Chance wrote:
Your exactly the kind of person the article was talking about. Gays this gays that, it's all the gays fault! Your Christian arrogance, judgments and false self righteous indignation are what is repressing the whole of American society. You made the CHOICE of YOUR religion. Whether your little mind believes it or not, gay people don't make the choice to be gay. Look at yourself before you start judging and criticizing others!
hmmmm

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

like the mall shooter in oregon that killed himself, I fail to see the downside of nature culling itself of weak and twisted personalities thru suicide.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

hmmmm wrote:
like the mall shooter in oregon that killed himself, I fail to see the downside of nature culling itself of weak and twisted personalities thru suicide.
Take the hint..bigot

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

hmmmm wrote:
And the reason you are still wasting oxygen is???? Memo to natural selection. Got news for you cupcake, being gay doesn't make you weak, some of us are a hell of a lot stronger than you could hope to be.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Not exactly the discussion that I had hoped this article would generate, but such is Topix.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

hmmmm wrote:
Oh, nice, a national tragedy and you find it something to joke about. I wonder how those two perfectly innocent people who died that terrible day enjoyed being "culled out" in your quaint chatter?

Insensitive beast. Be thankful someone you care about was NOT there that day.
reality

Germantown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

hmmmm wrote:
I fail to see the downside of queers killing themselves, or other queers first.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

reality wrote:
(nothing worth repeating)
Gee, I don't see any downside to you being clubbed to death like a baby seal, in fact it would make the world that much better.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

if psychos and sociopath criminals off themselves, power to them, they lose we gain. unfortnately this element tends to take innocents with them.

if weak individuals off themselves, that's what they wanted, not burden others. they achieved their goal.

society as a whole gains.

may not like the sentiment, but it's true.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

lolol wrote:
if psychos and sociopath criminals off themselves, power to them, they lose we gain. unfortnately this element tends to take innocents with them.
if weak individuals off themselves, that's what they wanted, not burden others. they achieved their goal.
society as a whole gains.
may not like the sentiment, but it's true.
i agree any gay person who kills themseles without wasting a bunch o christardos is missing a golden opportunity

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••