SF archbishop jokes about recent DUI arrest

Oct 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVU Oakland

Amid heavy security and the splendor of his faith's most sacred rites, the new Roman Catholic archbishop of San Francisco assumed office Thursday without referring to the distress his appointment has aroused in this gay-friendly city, but offering self-deprecating jokes about his recent drunken driving arrest.

Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Oct 9, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

"...he said, was that the compassion he was shown "in the wake of the regrettable mistake I made to drive after drinking" made him hopeful the Bay Area's Catholic community has the tools it needs to be part of a broader rebuilding of the church."

He was certainly shown more "compassion" than the church showed to any of the victims of it's institutionally sanctioned child abuse.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

What a filthy pig he must be. My cousin and her husband were killed by a filthy drunk driver, leaving 3 small children to be farmed out to unwilling relatives. All three of those poor kids ended up not quite right.

LUCKILY, the filthy drunk was killed also, thank the lord for small favors. If this good Father had hurt anyone, it would be so lovely to see his holy ass tossed into jail, and later sent to prison.

Anyone who is so out of control as to risk DECENT lives is not worth the powder to blow him to hell. i hope he can keep his obvious alcoholism to a minimum from now on, or get some church toady to drive his drunken ass from bar to bar as he guzzles himself into insensibility.

What a low life pig. And HE is judging others, I don't THINK so, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone!"
miller

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

KirkW wrote:
"...he said, was that the compassion he was shown "in the wake of the regrettable mistake I made to drive after drinking" made him hopeful the Bay Area's Catholic community has the tools it needs to be part of a broader rebuilding of the church."
He was certainly shown more "compassion" than the church showed to any of the victims of it's institutionally sanctioned child abuse.
What sort of abuse against children are you talking about?

Is there a certain demographic of perpetrators, of any sort, that you could point out to fellow readers of Topix?

Surely there must be some commonality in all these cases when looking at the motivation of the perpetrators in comparison to the intended purpose of the crime and the targeted victims.
Doris

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
What a filthy pig he must be. My cousin and her husband were killed by a filthy drunk driver, leaving 3 small children to be farmed out to unwilling relatives. All three of those poor kids ended up not quite right.
LUCKILY, the filthy drunk was killed also, thank the lord for small favors. If this good Father had hurt anyone, it would be so lovely to see his holy ass tossed into jail, and later sent to prison.
Anyone who is so out of control as to risk DECENT lives is not worth the powder to blow him to hell. i hope he can keep his obvious alcoholism to a minimum from now on, or get some church toady to drive his drunken ass from bar to bar as he guzzles himself into insensibility.
What a low life pig. And HE is judging others, I don't THINK so, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone!"
Did the poor kids wind up being raised by queers?
What a sad story!

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Doris wrote:
<quoted text>Did the poor kids wind up being raised by queers?
What a sad story!
hey, DOR-ASS, did you read my post? A lovely couple was killed in their late 30's. Their poor orphaned kids went to her brother and sister in law. They grew up troubled as kids who lose their parents often are.

How I wish it had been YOU killed, a bloody painful car accident on some abandoned road that left you screaming in agony for hours and hours, then your car would catch on fire and burn you to death slowly, to get you prepped for hell's fires. You hateful beast, incapable of compassion or feeling for other humans. Oh, that's right, I forgot you are NOT human.

Next time someone in your family dies, let us know about it so we all may laugh at your pain, beast.

Now, go eat a Shiite load of Chick-felate and get even fatter than you are and drop dead of a painful coronary.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

miller wrote:
<quoted text>What sort of abuse against children are you talking about?
Is there a certain demographic of perpetrators, of any sort, that you could point out to fellow readers of Topix?
Surely there must be some commonality in all these cases when looking at the motivation of the perpetrators in comparison to the intended purpose of the crime and the targeted victims.
MILLER and DOR-ASS, sittin' in a tree!
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
First comes love,
Then comes marriage,
Then comes DOR-ASS with an ape in a baby carriage.

How many false names today, LIAR?

Since: May 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

just like a cathardo.... thinks drunk drivng and killig innacent people is funny.....
Boris Miller

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>hey, DOR-ASS, did you read my post? A lovely couple was killed in their late 30's. Their poor orphaned kids went to her brother and sister in law. They grew up troubled as kids who lose their parents often are.
How I wish it had been YOU killed, a bloody painful car accident on some abandoned road that left you screaming in agony for hours and hours, then your car would catch on fire and burn you to death slowly, to get you prepped for hell's fires. You hateful beast, incapable of compassion or feeling for other humans. Oh, that's right, I forgot you are NOT human.
Next time someone in your family dies, let us know about it so we all may laugh at your pain, beast.
Now, go eat a Shiite load of Chick-felate and get even fatter than you are and drop dead of a painful coronary.
Ok, at least the kids didn't wind up always having to be around you and the other queers that cum and go, usually in public.
I wonder why queers are so obsessed with being around children.
Physically, for obvious reasons.
Surely, there's a reason, a commonality among certain demographics.
Boris Miller

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>
So I and my family and all the other normal people must have compassion for all you homosexuals after a screed like that?
Guess again.
As a fellow brilliant Topix poster once pointed out recently with such eloquence and clarity, the homosexuals are virtually forcing normal people to hate queers.

Since: Jun 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>MILLER and DOR-ASS, sittin' in a tree!
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
First comes love,
Then comes marriage,
Then comes DOR-ASS with an ape in a baby carriage.
How many false names today, LIAR?
I'm thinking DOR-ASS will be coming out of the closet any day now.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

I just have to laugh. So if this jack ass would have run someone over while drunk, I'm sure they would find some lame god or Jesus excuse for it all.
Doris

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Ian95630 wrote:
I just have to laugh. So if this jack ass would have run someone over while drunk, I'm sure they would find some lame god or Jesus excuse for it all.
If he was a queer raping children, all the queers will try to hide him.
A drunk driver is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Boris Miller wrote:
<quoted text>So I and my family and all the other normal people must have compassion for all you homosexuals after a screed like that?
Guess again.
As a fellow brilliant Topix poster once pointed out recently with such eloquence and clarity, the homosexuals are virtually forcing normal people to hate queers.
Not as much as we hate you. Why don't you DIE? And PAINFULLY, while you are at it. Better yet, why doesn't someone you love die and then we can all bust a gut laughing at your pain, as you enjoy doing so much.

And REGISTER, you lying coward. Stop hiding behind thousands of false names. What a lily liver you are. Bawk bawk bawk..chicken.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Doris wrote:
<quoted text>If he was a queer raping children, all the queers will try to hide him.
A lying faker is nothing in the grand scheme of things, DOR-ASS, or whatever other fake name you dream up, lying coward.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Doris wrote:
<quoted text>If he was a queer raping children, all the queers will try to hide him.
LOL. Your an idiot. I grew up in the Bay Area & knew lots of homosexuals (and no I'm married to to a catholic gal) and can tell you that these people are great around kids. And who's been raping kids and trying to hide it ? It's the Catholic Church. So what if the guy is a lush, so was father daily who married us.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

DOR-ASS ? Are you wearing women's panties right now ?

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

miller wrote:
<quoted text>What sort of abuse against children are you talking about?
The commonality is plain. The church, motivated to avoid scandal, then moved offending priests to other parishes where the offended again and again. That makes the abuse institutionally sanctioned. Therefore I blame the church every bit as much as the priests and nuns who did the offending.

This man was showed compassion by his community and that's nice. Compassion is a good thing. I only wish the institution for which he works had showed that same compassion to their victims.

Have I answered your question?

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Ian95630 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Your an idiot. I grew up in the Bay Area & knew lots of homosexuals (and no I'm married to to a catholic gal) and can tell you that these people are great around kids. And who's been raping kids and trying to hide it ? It's the Catholic Church. So what if the guy is a lush, so was father daily who married us.
Great post, very refreshing.

I used to be a waiter/bar tender at the Magic Pan, remember those? We did a lot of wedding receptions and one was a big Catholic bash. The good Father was there, of course, and he drank like a FISH! He kept knocking back gin and tonics and his big Irish face got as red as a tomato and he kept screaming with laughter, we could see all his dental work. The bride kept saying "is Father Frank ( I still recall his name!) having a good time?" Take a look, sister, I would say that would be a YES!
Cletus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Great post, very refreshing.
I used to be a waiter/bar tender at the Magic Pan, remember those? We did a lot of wedding receptions and one was a big Catholic bash. The good Father was there, of course, and he drank like a FISH! He kept knocking back gin and tonics and his big Irish face got as red as a tomato and he kept screaming with laughter, we could see all his dental work. The bride kept saying "is Father Frank ( I still recall his name!) having a good time?" Take a look, sister, I would say that would be a YES!
I'm on my way to Chick fil a for lunch.

WOO HOO

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Cletus wrote:
<quoted text>I'm on my way to Chick fil a for lunch.
WOO HOO
LOL!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••