US Supreme Court Strikes Down Part Of...

US Supreme Court Strikes Down Part Of Voting Rights Act, No DOMA, Prop 8

There are 10 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jun 25, 2013, titled US Supreme Court Strikes Down Part Of Voting Rights Act, No DOMA, Prop 8. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

The US Supreme Court struck down part of the Voting Rights Act saying it was no longer valid and, thus, unconstitutional. No decisions on DOMA, Prop 8.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#1 Jun 25, 2013
WOO-HOO !

:)

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Jun 25, 2013
Someday in the not-very distant future, whites will be in the minority in this country. I probably won't live to see it, but I wonder how they will react when the majority black and brown folks decide to make laws that infringe on the right of whites to vote.

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#3 Jun 25, 2013
RalphB wrote:
Someday in the not-very distant future, whites will be in the minority in this country. I probably won't live to see it, but I wonder how they will react when the majority black and brown folks decide to make laws that infringe on the right of whites to vote.
There should be NO immigration allowed into the U.S. by ANY one at ANY time for ANY reason. There is NO "RIGHT" to immigrate into the U.S.

NO MORE IMMIGRATION INTO THE U.S.!

JUST SAY: "NO !"

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#4 Jun 25, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
There should be NO immigration allowed into the U.S. by ANY one at ANY time for ANY reason. There is NO "RIGHT" to immigrate into the U.S.
I'm not sure what that has to do with the voting rights act, and voting rules to disenfranchise citizens, but even if you cut off immigration right now, whites are still going to be the minority in this country some time around the middle of this century, if not sooner. I took no stand on immigration in my post, so you are way off base.......or topic.....as usual.

Sei

Since: Nov 08

Rutland, VT

#5 Jun 25, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree. Let us start by getting rid of all you 'palefaces'. Here's your ticket back to Europe.

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#6 Jun 25, 2013
Sei wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree. Let us start by getting rid of all you 'palefaces'. Here's your ticket back to Europe.
My ancestors came to the U.S. from Ireland and Germany before there was any immigration law.

Sei

Since: Nov 08

Rutland, VT

#7 Jun 25, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
My ancestors came to the U.S. from Ireland and Germany before there was any immigration law.
Yeah, and took land from my ancestors, at least some of my ancestors.

But the point is, if you want to act all anti-immigration, you should go back where you come from- so, which half do we send to Ireland and which to Germany? And which part of Ireland and which part of Germany?

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#8 Jun 25, 2013
Sei wrote:
<quoted text>
But the point is, if you want to act all anti-immigration, you should go back where you come from- so, which half do we send to Ireland and which to Germany? And which part of Ireland and which part of Germany?
And just because it was legal doesn't mean it was right, as is clearly the case with FaFoxy's ancestors. If they were anything like him, they'd have come over regardless, if only to annoy as many people as possible along the way. They not only did a serious disservice to America, but also robbed him of the joy he surely would have received from bragging about his family's active involvement in the Nazi party.

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#9 Jun 25, 2013
Sei wrote:
<quoted text>
Armagh, Eire. Hanover, Deutschland.

:)

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#10 Jun 25, 2013
Sei wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt they took land from your ancestors. My Irish and Deutsch forebears all came to the U.S. in the 19th century, and all settled on Manhattan Island and Long Island. By that time, the there was almost no Native American land left on those 2 islands at all.

First the Nederlanders settled on those 2 islands, buying and taking, land from the Native Americans, and then the English kicked the Nederlanders out, and bought and took land from the Native Americans, The English then reorganized all the land into English counties and towns.

I don't think my forebears were responsible for the loss of any Native American lands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 10 min cpeter1313 18,842
News This homophobic magistrate was just paid $325,0... 13 min Rainbow Kid 12
News A Gay College Dean Takes on Betsy DeVos's Trans... 24 min Rainbow Kid 4
News Man charged with threatening Riverview church o... 31 min Wondering 50
News Court rules California bakeries may REFUSE to d... 32 min Wondering 44
News Trump dating site used sex offender as a model 50 min DaveinMass 8
News Connecticut LGBT Advocate Says Military's Trans... (Jul '17) 57 min Haters 8
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 14 hr Ratzo Rizzo Rules 27,402
More from around the web