Pope Benedict XVI Resigned Partly Bec...

Pope Benedict XVI Resigned Partly Because Of Powerful Vatican Gay Lobby, Italian Paper Claims

There are 19 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from Feb 22, 2013, titled Pope Benedict XVI Resigned Partly Because Of Powerful Vatican Gay Lobby, Italian Paper Claims . In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

Was the pope under the influence of a secretive "gay lobby" within the Vatican itself?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Feb 22, 2013
My guess is he resigned because of scandals that are soon to become public, that he covered up.
Speedieg

Arden, NC

#2 Feb 23, 2013
How exactly did the influence him to resign?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Feb 23, 2013
This is irresponsible journalism.
JrEsq

United States

#4 Feb 23, 2013
snyper wrote:
This is irresponsible journalism.
Brought to you by "Rick in Kansas".

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Speedieg wrote:
How exactly did the influence him to resign?
Tne Vatican has come out with a 300 page report detailing all sorts of sexual and financial improprieties. My guess is that he is implicated. If not by overt action, then at least by covering it all up.

Thank God I'm not a Catholic.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 23, 2013
Neither the Italian snoozepapers nor we know what is in that report. It's all speculation and rumor.

Irresponsible journalism.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Feb 23, 2013
snyper wrote:
Neither the Italian snoozepapers nor we know what is in that report. It's all speculation and rumor.
Irresponsible journalism.
unless it wsa leaked (no, I am not able to read Italian).

Location hidden

#8 Feb 23, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
unless it wsa leaked (no, I am not able to read Italian).
I can. It hasn't.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Feb 23, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I can. It hasn't.
Well, this story is BIG news in The New York Post (ALWAYS Fair. And Balanced) and in the New York Daily News (somewhat LESS Fair. And LESS Balanced).(And yes, being a New Yorker, I read both newspapers everyday. Thank God I'm far enough away now from that rag, Newsday,(NEVER Fair. And NEVER Balanced).

And The New York Post and The New York Daily News are both saying he's resigning because of the 300 page report detailing the sexual and financial scandals of The Vatican. Perhaps someone will leak it in it's entirety.

Location hidden

#10 Feb 23, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this story is BIG news in The New York Post (ALWAYS Fair. And Balanced) and in the New York Daily News (somewhat LESS Fair. And LESS Balanced).(And yes, being a New Yorker, I read both newspapers everyday. Thank God I'm far enough away now from that rag, Newsday,(NEVER Fair. And NEVER Balanced).
And The New York Post and The New York Daily News are both saying he's resigning because of the 300 page report detailing the sexual and financial scandals of The Vatican. Perhaps someone will leak it in it's entirety.
(The NYP "balanced"???)

Both are just spreading the spare tale from "Repubblica".

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#11 Feb 23, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
(The NYP "balanced"???)
Both are just spreading the spare tale from "Repubblica".
Well, The New York Post is my FAV newspaper and has been so for decades. I read it, and the NYDN everyday. But the NYDN has for awhile become akin to the National Enquirer.(ALL Lilo, ALL the time !)

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#13 Feb 23, 2013
The original source for this story is a site called Vatileaks, which purports to have notes lifted from the apartments of the Pope, in which he lays out his concerns with the investigation into the website and the culture of the Vatican which has made Vatileaks a pretty reliable source for the never ending series of scandals rocking the joint. According to the website, the notes indicate that a number of gays in the Vatican have been blackmailed into telling what else is going on. The article at La Repubblica also cites a number of unnamed sources, purportedly familiar with what's in the report, because they work for the ones who wrote it.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 24, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
The original source for this story is a site called Vatileaks, which purports to have notes lifted from the apartments of the Pope, in which he lays out his concerns with the investigation into the website and the culture of the Vatican which has made Vatileaks a pretty reliable source for the never ending series of scandals rocking the joint. According to the website, the notes indicate that a number of gays in the Vatican have been blackmailed into telling what else is going on. The article at La Repubblica also cites a number of unnamed sources, purportedly familiar with what's in the report, because they work for the ones who wrote it.
That's just a blog of Repubblica.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#15 Feb 24, 2013
I'm just going by what its author claims as his sources and what they are saying. It's not the best written article to be basing further reporting on. But, once you get past the over-stuffing, the writer would seem to have his ducks in a row and if the site's owners were the least bit legally worried about their liability for its claims, it is still up. Clearly there has to be something more to Benny's sudden retirement than what has been publicly acknowledged. Is the report and what it is being claimed to be in it here, what that something more is?

“Petite twink, barely legal”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#16 Feb 24, 2013
When the Pope's resignation takes effect, he'll be "Ex Benedict."
JrEsq

United States

#17 Feb 24, 2013
Tiny Timmie wrote:
When the Pope's resignation takes effect, he'll be "Ex Benedict."
More Ex Lax from "Tiny Timmie".

“Petite twink, barely legal”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#18 Feb 24, 2013
It's called HUMOR, JrEsq. You wouldn't understand.
JrEsq

United States

#19 Feb 24, 2013
Tiny Timmie wrote:
It's called HUMOR, JrEsq. You wouldn't understand.
Now that's funny.

Location hidden

#20 Feb 24, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
I'm just going by what its author claims as his sources and what they are saying. It's not the best written article to be basing further reporting on. But, once you get past the over-stuffing, the writer would seem to have his ducks in a row and if the site's owners were the least bit legally worried about their liability for its claims, it is still up. Clearly there has to be something more to Benny's sudden retirement than what has been publicly acknowledged. Is the report and what it is being claimed to be in it here, what that something more is?
The best Italian press is almost tabloid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 1 min Spike 1,825
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) 16 min cpeter1313 1,854
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 18 min An NFL Fan 796
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 39 min Strel 11,690
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 44 min here 35,963
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 46 min Demon Finder 27
News CDC: Southerners' 'Racism' And 'Homophobia' Cau... 58 min Ex Senator Santpo... 28
More from around the web