Officers' Wives Club Excludes Lesbian Army Wife

Jan 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

The legally married same-sex spouse of an active duty Army lieutenant colonel has alleged discrimination for rejection in joining a social support organization for the spouses of officers.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jan 3, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Itís not right that they exclude her, but, I donít think she should push herself on them.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

hates queers wrote:
good for them never been a big fan of the army but at least they get it ban all queers from public places and they will have to go away.
You should thank the Lt. Colonel for defending your rights to post the frucking garbage you do!!!

GAYS AND LESBIANS WILL NEVER GO AWAY as long as idiots like you are allowed to open your frucking mouths!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Didn't we see this coming?

"Tom" ! Told ya!
Mimi

Saint Joseph, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Allowed
hates queers wrote:
<quoted text>
She isn't defending my rights since woman aren't aloud in combat she isn't defending anything.
Rhandi

Saint Joseph, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

hates queers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and yes Gays and Lesbians are going away when Jesus comes back you will all be going to hell for living in sin!!!!!!
You need help. Why are you so full of hate?

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

We'ssorry Missy. We's knows we's suppos to move off the sidewalk when you folkses come dis way. Please don't beat us Missy.
Marram wrote:
Itís not right that they exclude her, but, I donít think she should push herself on them.

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

And just as I told ya, we need to follow the system. And that's apparently what's happening.

You don't get far with the military by falling on the ground and bashing the heels of your shoes on the floor. Time and effort will resolve this sooner than later. We've got an awful big bucket of fish to fry and the frying pan is the only size available.
snyper wrote:
Didn't we see this coming?
"Tom" ! Told ya!

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Right, the only people fighting a war are on the front lines. Only an idiot would believe that, we that and cowardly trolls who are too stupid to know anything at all.

We already know where you fit on the menu.
hates queers wrote:
<quoted text>
She isn't defending my rights since woman aren't aloud in combat she isn't defending anything.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

TomInElPaso wrote:
We'ssorry Missy. We's knows we's suppos to move off the sidewalk when you folkses come dis way. Please don't beat us Missy.
<quoted text>
Oh stop it. How will forcing herself on to a group that doesnít want her going to be supportive? You canít legislate caring or concern.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

hates queers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but she is......men aren't the only ones DYING or shedding their body parts.......THE WOMEN are too.......and her oath is the same as any man's is!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

hates queers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and yes Gays and Lesbians are going away when Jesus comes back you will all be going to hell for living in sin!!!!!!
ANOTHER FRUCKING FUNDIE WHO DOESN'T TRUST GOD AND believes Jesus is the Savoir who will do something he won't, besides, if Jesus came back.....you'd hang him on the cross again because HE isn't who you think he is!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

TomInElPaso wrote:
And just as I told ya, we need to follow the system. And that's apparently what's happening.
You don't get far with the military by falling on the ground and bashing the heels of your shoes on the floor. Time and effort will resolve this sooner than later. We've got an awful big bucket of fish to fry and the frying pan is the only size available.
<quoted text>
You certain DO have a gift for imagery in presenting your points. lol

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Not at all suprising, especially considering Fort Bragg is in North Carolina. Unfortunately there are still some "wives clubs" that quietly shun blacks & hispanics, especially on the southern bases in the Confederacy. They also exclude husbands of female military members from their "wives clubs".

Remember, these are PRIVATE groups which have yet to join the 21st century, but as soon as DOMA is overturned the Defense Dept WILL act to ensure these "clubs" either have non-discrimination laws or will be denied access to base facilities.

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

It's not all about her, it's also about those who are to come in the future. The time to end this. Discrimination is now, or they can remove their bigotry and ignorance from the base.

Their choice.

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop it. How will forcing herself on to a group that doesnít want her going to be supportive? You canít legislate caring or concern.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
Not at all suprising, especially considering Fort Bragg is in North Carolina. Unfortunately there are still some "wives clubs" that quietly shun blacks & hispanics, especially on the southern bases in the Confederacy. They also exclude husbands of female military members from their "wives clubs".
Remember, these are PRIVATE groups which have yet to join the 21st century, but as soon as DOMA is overturned the Defense Dept WILL act to ensure these "clubs" either have non-discrimination laws or will be denied access to base facilities.
Very true.

AND ... the officers wives clubs are dens of backbiting, social climbing and really bitchy politics. Remember, they were mostly the head cheerleaders where they came from.

I sat on the Social Services and Family Life commissions at a few forts and bases. I know whereof I speak.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true.
AND ... the officers wives clubs are dens of backbiting, social climbing and really bitchy politics. Remember, they were mostly the head cheerleaders where they came from.
I sat on the Social Services and Family Life commissions at a few forts and bases. I know whereof I speak.
These are also the wives who think they wear their husband's rank. I used to take great pleasure in putting them in their place when the would come in for services and expect to be treated as if THEY were a Colonel or Captain or whatever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
These are also the wives who think they wear their husband's rank. I used to take great pleasure in putting them in their place when the would come in for services and expect to be treated as if THEY were a Colonel or Captain or whatever.
Exactly. It's medieval.

This is not to say that Service wives and families do not contribute greatly to our national defense in their own ways, and suffer for it.

But the wives' groups can be as bratty as a Middle School lunchroom clique.

And the mattress jumping that goes on is shocking to any sensible person, and just makes their expressions of self-righteous indignation over samesex military families all the more hypocritical.

On the battlefield there will be little problem adjusting to the repeal of DADTDP or the impending repeal of DOMA. Back on base, and during peacetime will be another matter entirely.

A military that is carrying out it's mission in an active way is one kind of military. A peacetime military has a tendency to eat it's young.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. It's medieval.
This is not to say that Service wives and families do not contribute greatly to our national defense in their own ways, and suffer for it.
But the wives' groups can be as bratty as a Middle School lunchroom clique.
And the mattress jumping that goes on is shocking to any sensible person, and just makes their expressions of self-righteous indignation over samesex military families all the more hypocritical.
On the battlefield there will be little problem adjusting to the repeal of DADTDP or the impending repeal of DOMA. Back on base, and during peacetime will be another matter entirely.
A military that is carrying out it's mission in an active way is one kind of military. A peacetime military has a tendency to eat it's young.
Yep, that's why I think the biggest effect of repealing DOMA will be seen when the first same-sex couples moves into base housing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••