'Somebody must stand up to homosexual...

'Somebody must stand up to homosexuals' - Stewart

There are 491 comments on the The Gleaner story from Aug 25, 2013, titled 'Somebody must stand up to homosexuals' - Stewart. In it, The Gleaner reports that:

A member of the local clergy is charging that Jamaican churches are in religious and spiritual turmoil on the issue of homosexuality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gleaner.

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
binaries

Knoxville, TN

#1 Aug 25, 2013
"The homosexual movement has taken on a new agenda. What they have been doing is working with certain words and vocabulary like 'gay' and 'tolerance'- adjusting the meaning.

"By using the word gay, it makes it more palatable or receptive. It will come from your lips more easily, and it is deliberate," said Stewart, who has authored 19 books and has two more at the printers.

Mr. Stewart is correct.
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Aug 25, 2013
binaries wrote:
"The homosexual movement has taken on a new agenda. What they have been doing is working with certain words and vocabulary like 'gay' and 'tolerance'- adjusting the meaning.
"By using the word gay, it makes it more palatable or receptive. It will come from your lips more easily, and it is deliberate," said Stewart, who has authored 19 books and has two more at the printers.
Mr. Stewart is correct.
GOD is GOOD to us; sugar
.
We're leading the way with the 12th largest Christian denomination in the world
http://www.agoatlanta.org/Organs/AtlantaCity/...
.
Our secret? GOD's Unconditional Love

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Aug 25, 2013
Our movement is CIVIL.

The pastor's movement is religious.

The only turmoil is once again religion barging into the CIVIL sphere, trying to force it's views on people who are not members of his sectarian religion, and trying to compel them to abide by his club's bylaws.

FAUGH !

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Aug 25, 2013
Rainbow to the Angels wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD is GOOD to us; sugar
.
We're leading the way with the 12th largest Christian denomination in the world
http://www.agoatlanta.org/Organs/AtlantaCity/...
.
Our secret? GOD's Unconditional Love
Love those arches.

How are the accoustics for singing?
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#5 Aug 25, 2013
snyper wrote:
The only turmoil is once again religion barging into the CIVIL sphere, trying to force it's views on people who are not members of his sectarian religion, and trying to compel them to abide by his club's bylaws.
FAUGH !
.
hmmmmm, kind of sounds like the glbt agenda to force everyone to accept, idolize a perverted lifestyle and have special laws passed giving them more rights than the common public and abide by all the new gay laws like marriage, special hate crime law, special anti discrimination law, laws to let the pervs use opposite gender toilets, I see the rationale now, declare glbt as a religion unto itself which it acts like.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Aug 25, 2013
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
.
hmmmmm, kind of sounds like the glbt agenda to force everyone to accept, idolize a perverted lifestyle and have special laws passed giving them more rights than the common public and abide by all the new gay laws like marriage, special hate crime law, special anti discrimination law, laws to let the pervs use opposite gender toilets, I see the rationale now, declare glbt as a religion unto itself which it acts like.
The "common public" can have CIVIL marriages. We are fighting for this.

The "common public" has equal opportunity in employment, housing, schooling, medical care and inheritance. We have been and continue to fight for these.

The "common public" has the right to walk the streets without fear of ridicule, harassment, assault and murder. We continue to fight for these.

Transsexuals are not "pervs".

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#10 Aug 25, 2013
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't sashay down the street swishing your hips back and forth trying to act like women and you won't be ridiculed and harassed. Problem solved.
You don't know any gay people, do you? If you are really so ignorant of who gay folks are and how they behave, why bother posting?

You aren't hurting anyone's feelings, and you just look silly.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#11 Aug 25, 2013
binaries wrote:
"The homosexual movement has taken on a new agenda. What they have been doing is working with certain words and vocabulary like 'gay' and 'tolerance'- adjusting the meaning.
"By using the word gay, it makes it more palatable or receptive. It will come from your lips more easily, and it is deliberate," said Stewart, who has authored 19 books and has two more at the printers.
Mr. Stewart is correct.
It's doesn't take any adjusting to make gay folk normal. We ARE normal. What makes us more accepted in society today is not the words applied to us, but the fact that we are LIVING in society - in every walk of life.

It's very hard to hate and fear your children, family members, friends, co-workers and neighbors.

Be careful who you hate, it could be someone you love.
Gerald

France

#13 Aug 25, 2013
I admire and applaud Mr. Stewart!

“THE LEFT IS ATTEMPTING A COUP”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#14 Aug 25, 2013
binaries wrote:
"The homosexual movement has taken on a new agenda. What they have been doing is working with certain words and vocabulary like 'gay' and 'tolerance'- adjusting the meaning.
"By using the word gay, it makes it more palatable or receptive. It will come from your lips more easily, and it is deliberate," said Stewart, who has authored 19 books and has two more at the printers.
Mr. Stewart is correct.
Stop wearing your sexuality on your sleeve. Be judged by your character and achievements NOT who you share your bed with!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Aug 25, 2013
binaries wrote:
"The homosexual movement has taken on a new agenda. What they have been doing is working with certain words and vocabulary like 'gay' and 'tolerance'- adjusting the meaning.
"By using the word gay, it makes it more palatable or receptive. It will come from your lips more easily, and it is deliberate," said Stewart, who has authored 19 books and has two more at the printers.
Mr. Stewart is correct.
"Gay" comes from the Dutch maritime slang "ghey" meaning "randy" as in the British "a randy tar", meaning a horny sailor. It was adopted early in the 20th Century from the Boston and New York docks which were frequented by the Dutch merchant marine. They misspelling just happened and the original reference was forgotten.

You're forming your opinions with half-truths and incorrect information.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#16 Aug 25, 2013
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't sashay down the street swishing your hips back and forth trying to act like women and you won't be ridiculed and harassed. Problem solved.
Most gay people are not effeminate, except when being campy for fun.

Trivia question: What is the origin of the term "campy"?
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Aug 25, 2013
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't sashay down the street swishing your hips back and forth trying to act like women and you won't be ridiculed and harassed. Problem solved.
You don't like 'smooth moves'?
.
Mmmmmmm Sugar! You a mess ;o))
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

#18 Aug 25, 2013
Nathan wrote:
I applaud Mr. Stewart!
You have the claps; po'thang
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#20 Aug 26, 2013
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't sashay down the street swishing your hips back and forth trying to act like women and you won't be ridiculed and harassed. Problem solved.
So you straights can walk down the street holding hands with your partners, but we have no right to openly be who we are? LOL! I just LOVE your self righteous double standards.

“THE LEFT IS ATTEMPTING A COUP”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#21 Aug 26, 2013
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>So you straights can walk down the street holding hands with your partners, but we have no right to openly be who we are? LOL! I just LOVE your self righteous double standards.
Just like liberal double standard! Welcome to the real world!
Blacktigershark

Kingston, Jamaica

#22 Aug 27, 2013
In making these bold statements about the "common public", you likely are not talking about the VISIBLE minority in America, are you, snyper? Because IF you are, then you obviously have just crawled out from under a rock, because Trayvon Martins and Shawn Bells are more common cases than you would like to acknowledge...you just don't acknowledge tragedies like that, because you are not part of that VISIBLE group, right?

Stop trying to categorize ALL people that are NOT LGBT as being part of the "common public", that you deem to be the entitled, that have a constant hand in your restriction to utopian happiness! There ARE other groups of people in your very own neighbourhood that are also fighting for some of the same things that YOU are fighting for right now, snyper! DON'T FORGET THAT!
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The "common public" can have CIVIL marriages. We are fighting for this.
The "common public" has equal opportunity in employment, housing, schooling, medical care and inheritance. We have been and continue to fight for these.
The "common public" has the right to walk the streets without fear of ridicule, harassment, assault and murder. We continue to fight for these.
Transsexuals are not "pervs".

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#23 Aug 27, 2013
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
.
hmmmmm, kind of sounds like the glbt agenda to force everyone to accept, idolize a perverted lifestyle and have special laws passed giving them more rights than the common public and abide by all the new gay laws like marriage, special hate crime law, special anti discrimination law, laws to let the pervs use opposite gender toilets, I see the rationale now, declare glbt as a religion unto itself which it acts like.
Name one extra right gay people are asking for.
Poor thing, you can't.
You don't understand what hate crime laws are.
Must suck to be as stupid as you are.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#27 Aug 28, 2013
Leopold wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you died from AIDS you nasty ass [email protected]
Anyway thanks for at least removing that nasty pic of your disgusting [email protected] legs.
I'm enjoying getting a good laugh at you. You can't tell a woman's body from a man's. Don't kill yourself, that would end your misery!
Beauty Queen

Saint Leonards, UK

#28 Aug 28, 2013
jiggaboo wrote:
<quoted text>
.
.
Silly internet troll ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The gaydar machine: a backlash 2 min Gaydar Alert 5
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 min Jeremiah 13,093
News Kentucky official campaigns against gay marriag... 25 min Wisdom 9
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 28 min Wondering 348
Korn Huskers News 52 min Jadean NE 3
News 'I didn't want my mum to know': The men and boy... 58 min Lewis 3
News Stopping hate crimes against transgender Americans 1 hr Lewis 14
News Who would be a better president: Donald Trump o... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 42
News College to offer sensitivity training after ant... 7 hr Breeding Is A Sym... 8
News Birth-record fix for gays falls to lower court 14 hr Travis Turbil 18
More from around the web