Dozens protest school policy that thr...

Dozens protest school policy that threatens to deny admission for gay home life

There are 70 comments on the WECT-TV Wilmington story from Nov 24, 2013, titled Dozens protest school policy that threatens to deny admission for gay home life. In it, WECT-TV Wilmington reports that:

For a second weekend in a row, a group gathered to protest the new policy at Myrtle Grove Christian School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WECT-TV Wilmington.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#65 Nov 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And The New Testament COMMANDS (no wiggle room there) that all women BE SILENT in a church. What will THAT do to the women preachers and women members of the choir ?!
They will have to use sign language

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#66 Nov 28, 2013
Jarvis wrote:
<quoted text>Two bad you didn't straighten up then you wouldn't have lost your scholarship :-)
I shouldn't have lost the scholarship period. The school took a very unusual step. I left of my own accord once the administration got word I had come out to another student. I was six months away from graduation at a public school when I was informed they had expelled me in retrospect. Per school policy, that meant they were discrediting me of the courses I had taken for the semester, and I'd already finished them. They sent the public school a revised copy of my transcript.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#67 Nov 28, 2013
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're full of it and don't believe you were ever expelled for "coming" out. Private schools ALWAYS "discriminate" against kids who can't afford their prices. Would you suggest that regardless if they go out of business, they should be forced to accept those who can not pay? Same thing. By the way, I think you lie in order to gain sympathy for a disgusting lifestyle.
Frankly I am surprised for once that you had any kind of argument to offer, but I am not equating economic mobility with personal characteristics. You might think my sexual orientation is disgusting, but I am in my own right being who I am, and so are you. Believe me or don't believe me. What difference does it make? If I were to divulge my identity and give you a copy that awful letter I received, then you would know I am not lying. Regardless, do you honestly think that sort of thing has not happened to kids going to a private religious school? This isn't really about me. I have sympathy for those kids who are just different, not necessarily because they are gay, but are nonetheless discriminated against by the school their parents determined they should go to. I suffered at that high school the majority of the time I went, and not because ANYBODY knew I was gay. To them, I was just a geek who didn't fit in, and the administrators were downright cold about it.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#68 Nov 28, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes it credible? His word? Gays don't get expelled from public schools for being gay, there has to be more to his story.
I left a catholic high school of my own accord after being questioned about my sexuality by the disciplinarian because another student told him. That day, I went home and told my parent they were taking me out of that school or else I would drop out. Seriously, that is what happened. Months later, the public school I finished at received a revised transcript. Specifically, they discredited me of 4 courses- religion, trigonometry, calculus, and world history. The impact to my GPA and lack of prerequisites meant I no longer qualified for the state scholarship I was seeking. I could have stayed an extra year in high school, but the opportunity likely already passed me by.

Since: Jan 08

Bangkok, Thailand

#69 Nov 28, 2013
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your true colors come out when proven wrong huh? I will do exactly what Jesus did and taught his followers to do which is proclaim his fathers kingdom. God doesn't see you being with someone of the same sex as a civil right so why don't you threaten him too bozo? I can't stop you from "practicing" your vile and disgusting lifestyle but God will someday. When he does why don't you whine to him about your civil rights loser? By the way, your threats mean nothing to me blowhard. And guess what, I look down on all those like you who think they know the scriptures but ignore them and then try to twist them so you feel better about living contrary to everything decent. Being the punk you are, don't think for a second your threats bother me. If we were to meet in person you would go crying to your same sex husband.
Still don't have a clue, do you? Why doesn't your anti-gay god strike me down now if he's so powerful? Maybe he's not the omnipotent one you think he should be. The fact is that you are a bigot so full of hate that you are beyond hope of any redemption. As I say to all the bigots I meet: Here's hoping all your grandchildren are gay. Goodbye and enculez vous.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#70 Nov 28, 2013
Dubya wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't have a clue, do you? Why doesn't your anti-gay god strike me down now if he's so powerful? Maybe he's not the omnipotent one you think he should be. The fact is that you are a bigot so full of hate that you are beyond hope of any redemption. As I say to all the bigots I meet: Here's hoping all your grandchildren are gay. Goodbye and enculez vous.
Is that the best you got moron?

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#71 Nov 28, 2013
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the best you got moron?
The truth hurts doesn't it?

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Reading PA

#73 Dec 2, 2013
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
You can make up all of the excuses you want but it only makes you look stupid as well as gay. First, why don't you tell me who theses verses from the "Holiness code" as you call it do refer to? Get a grip. And while the verses she referred to were from the Hebrew scriptures and part of the Mosaic Law that was done away with at the death of Jesus, the commandants against men being with men or woman with woman was carried over to the new Christian congregation established by Jesus as the poster brought out in the verses from the Greek scriptures. 2Peter 2:4-10 also speaks of what happened with Sodom and Gomorrah as a warning example to those like you who ignore the results of those vile people living at that time. Of course, you probably believe that applies to some other group. Try pulling your head out of the sand. So. go on making excuses and trying to show your supposed intellect on scripture. but you only show your ignorance because of your inclination to practice a disgusting lifestyle that God detests. Let me know how that works out for you sport?
My life is working out fine there sport. And if God (if there is one) detests my life he or she can come tell me themselves - they don't need you or your psuedo Nazi Christians pals to do it.

I spent years studying the scrolls - the Bible is somebody's VERSION of the scrolls.

Here's a thought - go do the research yourself.

Location hidden

#75 Dec 2, 2013
KirkW wrote:
<quoted text>
My life is working out fine there sport. And if God (if there is one) detests my life he or she can come tell me themselves - they don't need you or your psuedo Nazi Christians pals to do it.
I spent years studying the scrolls - the Bible is somebody's VERSION of the scrolls.
Trust me sport, he will. The fact you are either lying about spending years studying the bible or are simply too stupid to comprehend it speaks volumes. Usually, it boils down to the fact you those like you don't believe it because it condemns your perverted lifestyle so in your shallow minds, couldn't possibly be correct. What a putz.

Location hidden

#76 Dec 2, 2013
KirkW wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way sport, I've researched it more than you ever did. Thing is, I could actually comprehend what I read. Too bad for you sport.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Star Trek Discovery needs to push boundaries wi... 3 min Tipster 3
BIG LABOR DAY PaRTAAY! 5 min Rainbow Kid 7
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min lides 38,584
News CDC: 1 in 2 black gay men in US will be diagnos... 54 min T-BOS 207
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 59 min lides 14,809
News The Latest: Activists drown out anti-gay protes... 1 hr Pope Ben Out To P... 1
News All gay and bisexual men should get meningitis ... 1 hr Sheldon 4
More from around the web