Homophobic: Coke Is It

Homophobic: Coke Is It

There are 71 comments on the EDGE story from Jan 27, 2014, titled Homophobic: Coke Is It. In it, EDGE reports that:

It's another epic fail for Coca-Cola this week, as a new social media campaign to customize your Coke can has been criticized for preventing users from typing in any words associated with homosexuality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#2 Jan 27, 2014
I never drink Coke. Now I just have another reason. I don't own their stock either.
Ron

Mountain View, CA

#4 Jan 27, 2014
KirkW wrote:
I never drink Coke. Now I just have another reason. I don't own their stock either.
I'm sure Coke could care less.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#5 Jan 27, 2014
As a gay man, I'm simply DEVASTATED that I can't customize a soda can. I'll try to pick up the pieces and go on with my life.(LOL!)

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#7 Jan 27, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
As a gay man, I'm simply DEVASTATED that I can't customize a soda can. I'll try to pick up the pieces and go on with my life.(LOL!)
Yes, we must over come this horrid injustice to our existence and happiness. First Chick-fill-a, then that nasty Duck Dude, and now this. I'm hoping it doesn't affect marriage equality. It just feels like the trollish bigots are taking over.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Reading PA

#8 Jan 27, 2014
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't!!! I'm sure Coke couldn't care less.

Regardless of the reason people say they could care less, it is one of the more common language peeves because of its illogical nature. To say you could care less means you have a bit of caring left, which is not what the speakers seem to intend.

I couldn't care less what Coke thinks.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#9 Jan 27, 2014
Pierre wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stick the can up your ass.
Your tongue feels much better.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#10 Jan 27, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we must over come this horrid injustice to our existence and happiness. First Chick-fill-a, then that nasty Duck Dude, and now this. I'm hoping it doesn't affect marriage equality. It just feels like the trollish bigots are taking over.
I guess next the bigots will stick out thier tongues at us and say.."You can't customize soda cans!" Nah, nah, nah nah nah!!!!!!"

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#11 Jan 27, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
My sentiments exactly, and you stated them brilliantly.

A decade ago, we couldn't get married in any of these United States, and we couldn't serve openly in the Armed Forces. Now the big struggle involves personalizing a stupid soft drink can? We've come a l-o-n-g way.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#12 Jan 27, 2014
Pierre wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stick the can up your ass.
As it says in the Bible, before you tell someone to stick a can up their ass, first remove the fists ... and the 12-pack ... from your own.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#13 Jan 27, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>I guess next the bigots will stick out thier tongues at us and say.."You can't customize soda cans!" Nah, nah, nah nah nah!!!!!!"
We must let them think they have made some big difference, otherwise what would we laugh at here on Topix? Look at the multi-name troll, spamming all over the place. It's just too comical!!!!

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#14 Jan 27, 2014
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How much less could they care?
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#15 Jan 27, 2014
Otter in the Ozarks wrote:
<quoted text>
My sentiments exactly, and you stated them brilliantly.
A decade ago, we couldn't get married in any of these United States, and we couldn't serve openly in the Armed Forces. Now the big struggle involves personalizing a stupid soft drink can? We've come a l-o-n-g way.
Yes, we have come a long way. And listen to the brain dead bigots boo hoo hoo about it. Of course, they call us gaining our civil rights "forcing the gay lifestyle" on them. They'll be sitting in thier trailer parks and REALLY bawling when gay marriage and civil rights is the law of the land.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16 Jan 27, 2014
Who drink Coca-Cola still? It's full of sugar and helps you getting diabetes fast.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#17 Jan 27, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>We must let them think they have made some big difference, otherwise what would we laugh at here on Topix? Look at the multi-name troll, spamming all over the place. It's just too comical!!!!
The homophobes are a bunch of losers who can't face the fact this is the 21st century and times are changing. All they can do is come to this forum and vent thier mounting frustration and panic that gays are winning the civil rights battle.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#23 Jan 28, 2014
Rightous One wrote:
<quoted text>
Losers?? Roflmfao. If you want to see a real Loser, just look in the mirror, [email protected]
Do tell.... you said that in a mirror first...before posting it here Roflmfao.=)
Simple mind

Chicago, IL

#25 Jan 28, 2014
Rightous One wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, as a [email protected]!!!!
Ever wonder why you're not happy?

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#27 Jan 28, 2014
The one that has the real mental health issues on these threads is the obsessed poster who has to keep changing user names because of his inability to post any statements without profanity. Your daily rants are pathetic.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#30 Jan 28, 2014
Simple mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever wonder why you're not happy?
I wonder why his mother didn't abort him.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#31 Jan 28, 2014
Claiming that a person is "talking" when he has "posted" is a sign of obsessive mental insecurities. If you don't think the post is directed towards you, then it seems rather silly to reply!! Now go change your name. It completes you!
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#34 Jan 28, 2014
Gosh, how awful. How can we now live?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 33 min guest 707
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 hr no bitchassness a... 4,989
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 hr Constitution 101 24,008
News Protections coming to LGBT Cape city employees 7 hr Robert Neglio 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr Respect71 44,078
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 8 hr Holy Guacamole 363
New President of the US 8 hr Marty 2
More from around the web