Group seeks statewide vote on additions to Missouri's nondiscrimination law

There are 50 comments on the www.news-leader.com story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Group seeks statewide vote on additions to Missouri's nondiscrimination law. In it, www.news-leader.com reports that:

A Missouri organization recently received state approval to start collecting the 105,000 signatures needed to ask voters in 2014 if they favor outlawing discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.news-leader.com.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#22 Jan 7, 2013
the real guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Engaging in homosexual acts is indeed a choice. You're not claiming that you are a rape vicitim every time you have sex, are you?
It isn't a choice, moron. Get it through your thick head. My sexual orientation is from birth. I will not be celibate anymore than you will to conform to YOUR view of sexuality

<quoted text>
And a pedophile doesn't choose to be a pedophile either, but that doesn't mean he has no choice in acting on his desire. Same thing with you. Whenever you willingly engage in homosexual acts, that's a choice you make.
Why do you refuse to take responsibility for the choices you freely make?
Bigoted twirl - Don't relate my sexuality to the sickness of pedophilia! I don't even like children. I accept responsibility for any choices I make,(again)my sexuality was NOT a choice!

<quoted text>
You are not a married couple. You are two people engaging in a homosexual relationship. Call it what you want, but it's not a marriage.

How dare you belittle my 20yr 'marriage'! You think your fat consumerist life style with a 50% divorce rate is the standard? Psst...You lost the 'sanctity of marriage' argument with 'no fault divorce' years ago.
<quoted text>
No one is deciding the sex of your partner, but that doesn't change the fact that you choosing to engage in homosexual behavior brings with it the disdain of society. That's just the way it is. If you don't like it, make different choices.
Oh but you are. Limiting marriage to opposite sex couples is discriminatory. Again more bigoted twirl- and AGAIN being gay is NOT a Choice! The disdain of (American)society is nothing more than bigotry and a lack of education. Not so true in Europe.

<quoted text>
Again, homosexual relationships are not marriages.
Why is it so hard for you to keep your sex inside your own bedroom like heterosexuals do, and be happy and enjoy life? Why do you and so many other gays want to piss, bitch and moan because you can't have your way? Why not be happy that in this country you can engage in all the deviant sex acts you want and you don't have to worry about being dragged out into the street and castrated or beheaded?
MORE Arrogance and bigoted twirl. Sex is in my bedroom. YOURS is not! I have to see you make out in public all the time, in restaurants, theaters, bars..hell even the airport! Like I said just because your a c(_)ntlicker doesn't make you any better or me deviate. And if this country is so free, then why all the violent gay bashings? And the need for specific laws against hate crimes? If your fat consumerist, bigoted lifestyle was being persecuted against, I bet you'd piss, bitch and moan louder than any of us. POS

Uve

Location hidden

#23 Jan 7, 2013
the real guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't post correctly the first time, so I'll repost to get it through you bigoted head:

It isn't a choice, moron. Get it through your thick head. My sexual orientation is from birth. I will not be celibate anymore than you will to conform to YOUR view of sexuality

Bigoted twirl - Don't relate my sexuality to the sickness of pedophilia! I don't even like children. I accept responsibility for any choices I make,(again)my sexuality was NOT a choice!

How dare you belittle my 20yr 'marriage'! You think your fat consumerist life style with a 50% divorce rate is the standard? Psst...You lost the 'sanctity of marriage' argument with 'no fault divorce' years ago.
Oh but you are. Limiting marriage to opposite sex couples is discriminatory. Again more bigoted twirl- and AGAIN being gay is NOT a Choice! The disdain of (American)society is nothing more than bigotry and a lack of education. Not so true in Europe.

MORE Arrogance and bigoted twirl. Sex is in my bedroom. YOURS is not! I have to see you make out in public all the time, in restaurants, theaters, bars..hell even the airport! Like I said just because your a c(_)ntlicker doesn't make you any better or me deviate. And if this country is so free, then why all the violent gay bashings? And the need for specific laws against hate crimes? If your fat consumerist, bigoted lifestyle was being persecuted against, I bet you'd piss, bitch and moan louder than any of us. POS

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#24 Jan 7, 2013
the real guest wrote:
You already have that right just like every other American. What you really want is for society to accept that homosexual relationships are the same as marriage. They aren't.
Dear, the only thing that you need to accept is that despite your personal beliefs, same sex couples will have the right to be married in the eyes of the law. This is by no means a special right, just the exact same right you get to exercise if you want to marry someone of the opposite sex. Nothing more and nothing less.
the real guest wrote:
Along with your conscious choice to engage in homosexual behavior comes the disdain of society. That's just the way it is. If you don't like it, make different choices.
Along with your conscious choice to engage in prejudiced and downright bigoted behavior comes the disdain of society. That is the way it is. If you don't like it, make different choices and I don't particularly care if you blame God for your unfortunate lifestyle choices or not. My problem with your less than Christlike Christianity is my problem, not yours. I may not legally discriminate against you as a business owner just because I find your choices appalling, so I wonder why you would imagine that you have the right to do unto others something we may not do unto you. Your problem with your homoerotic fantasies of my sex life, not my problem. See how equal protection under the law works?
the real guest wrote:
None of those things are the result of a choice. Engaging in homosexual behavior is.
All behavior is pretty much a choice dear, being homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual is not. One has a sexual orientation whether they are engaging in an associated sexual behavior or not. The reality is that we are talking about the rest of our lives, you know, when we're not living out your far too frequent homoerotic fantasies. We don't stop being homosexual when we're not even thinking about the sex, let alone not engaging in it.
the real guest wrote:
You don't want to accept the negative consequences of your choice. You'd rather have government grant you special privileges to avoid them.
Dear, you aren't getting it, the only negative consequence of my "choice" is having to deal with the holier than thou attitudes of sanctimonious, dirty minded asses such as yourself. If you don't approve of same sex sexual acts, don't engage in them and it might help if you quit thinking about and ranting about them so much. I don't share in your problem with my homosexuality and I am asking for no more rights than are or will be extended to you.

Uve

Location hidden

#25 Jan 7, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, the only thing that you need to accept is that despite your personal beliefs, same sex couples will have the right to be married in the eyes of the law. This is by no means a special right, just the exact same right you get to exercise if you want to marry someone of the opposite sex. Nothing more and nothing less.
<quoted text>Along with your conscious choice to engage in prejudiced and downright bigoted behavior comes the disdain of society. That is the way it is. If you don't like it, make different choices and I don't particularly care if you blame God for your unfortunate lifestyle choices or not. My problem with your less than Christlike Christianity is my problem, not yours. I may not legally discriminate against you as a business owner just because I find your choices appalling, so I wonder why you would imagine that you have the right to do unto others something we may not do unto you. Your problem with your homoerotic fantasies of my sex life, not my problem. See how equal protection under the law works?
<quoted text>All behavior is pretty much a choice dear, being homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual is not. One has a sexual orientation whether they are engaging in an associated sexual behavior or not. The reality is that we are talking about the rest of our lives, you know, when we're not living out your far too frequent homoerotic fantasies. We don't stop being homosexual when we're not even thinking about the sex, let alone not engaging in it.
<quoted text>Dear, you aren't getting it, the only negative consequence of my "choice" is having to deal with the holier than thou attitudes of sanctimonious, dirty minded asses such as yourself. If you don't approve of same sex sexual acts, don't engage in them and it might help if you quit thinking about and ranting about them so much. I don't share in your problem with my homosexuality and I am asking for no more rights than are or will be extended to you.
Thank you, I get so sick of this sh*t that I don't come off quite so elegant.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#26 Jan 7, 2013
Uve wrote:
just re-enforces my decision to leave MO years ago
I still live here....until I retire, in about 2 yrs. We are moving to Flordia......not much better but at least this time of year it is in the 80's and nice white sandy beaches! People say, too much humidity...Well duh....Live by the gulf what do you expect? I say bring it on! At least I won't ever have to see another 20 or 30 degree day! Then they say to many hurricanes. We are moving to SW part of the state. Most of the hurricanes go up the east side.

Uve

Location hidden

#27 Jan 7, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>I still live here....until I retire, in about 2 yrs. We are moving to Flordia......not much better but at least this time of year it is in the 80's and nice white sandy beaches! People say, too much humidity...Well duh....Live by the gulf what do you expect? I say bring it on! At least I won't ever have to see another 20 or 30 degree day! Then they say to many hurricanes. We are moving to SW part of the state. Most of the hurricanes go up the east side.
We lived in Sarasota too. Great place, low key but not much gay life. You'll find yourself driving to Ft Lauderdale or Tampa a lot for that. Good Luck!
the real guest

United States

#28 Jan 7, 2013
Uve wrote:
It isn't a choice, moron.
Really? So you're a victim of repeated homosexual rape? Why haven't you ever reported it to police?

The truth is that you willingly choose to engage in homosexual acts. It is indeed a choice you make.

It's also the truth that you're not man enough to accept the responsibilities and consequences of your actions. You need to grow up.
My sexual orientation is from birth.
And a pedophile will claim the same thing. Does that mean we should condone his behavior when he has sex with 8 year olds? I mean after all, it's not his choice, right?
Don't relate my sexuality to the sickness of pedophilia!
Why not? Homosexuals and pedophiles are both turned on by deviant and perverted sex acts. Both claim they were born that way. Why is it okay for you to act on your deviant desires, but it's not okay for the pedophile to do the same?
I accept responsibility for any choices I make
Then why don't you accept the fact that your choice to live a homosexual lifestyle results in you receiving disdain from society?
How dare you belittle my 20yr 'marriage'!
Homosexual relationships are not marriage.
Limiting marriage to opposite sex couples is discriminatory.
Not any more than limiting the definition of a woman to females. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman. It's impossible for two members of the same sex to be married. The definition of the term disallows it. Call it what you want, but it's not marriage.
The disdain of (American)society is nothing more than bigotry and a lack of education. Not so true in Europe.
So move to Europe then. But don't move to the middle east. You'd be put to death.
the real guest

United States

#29 Jan 7, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Dear, the only thing that you need to accept is that despite your personal beliefs, same sex couples will have the right to be married in the eyes of the law.
Not in Kansas puss cake, and not in Missouri either.
All behavior is pretty much a choice dear
Ah, a point of agreement.
One has a sexual orientation whether they are engaging in an associated sexual behavior or not.
Another point of agreement.

But as you said, acting on your sexual desires is a choice. I hope we can forever put to bed the claim that engaging in homosexual behavior is not a choice.
Dear, you aren't getting it, the only negative consequence of my "choice" is having to deal with the holier than thou attitudes of sanctimonious, dirty minded asses such as yourself.
Darn it puss cake, we were doing so well finding areas of agreement. Now you have to ruin it all by blasting me with your petty personal attacks.

There are many other consequences to engaging in homosexual behavior, like accepting risk of HIV infection 40 times that of heterosexual males.

But at least you acknoweldge that the disdain of society is one of the consequences of your willing choice to engage in homosexual behavior. Kudos, you've grown up a little bit since the last time we plowed over this same ground.
If you don't approve of same sex sexual acts, don't engage in them
I don't. Neither do I have sex with 8 years olds, but that doesn't stop me from recognizing such behavior as deviant and perverted.

Uve

Location hidden

#30 Jan 7, 2013
the real guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arrogant bigotry is over shadowed by your ignorance. Keep your bigoted twirl, it suits you well. Conversing with you is a waste of time.
the real guest

United States

#31 Jan 7, 2013
Uve wrote:
Your arrogant bigotry is over shadowed by your ignorance. Keep your bigoted twirl, it suits you well. Conversing with you is a waste of time.
Don't be mad just because I won't buy into your delusion. Maybe one day you'll grow up and accept the consequences of your own actions. Then again, maybe not.

this one

#32 Jan 7, 2013
the real guest wrote:
Not in Kansas puss cake, and not in Missouri either.
I am in Kansas, the story deals with changing the laws in Missouri and I am thankful you are in neither.
the real guest wrote:
But as you said, acting on your sexual desires is a choice. I hope we can forever put to bed the claim that engaging in homosexual behavior is not a choice.
As long as you admit to the reality that being homosexual ISN'T a choice.
the real guest wrote:
Darn it puss cake, we were doing so well finding areas of agreement. Now you have to ruin it all by blasting me with your petty personal attacks.
I'm sorry that you don't like the truth, but that doesn't change the fact that it is the truth, wonderfully enlightened people such as yourself are the only real consequence to my being homosexual.
the real guest wrote:
There are many other consequences to engaging in homosexual behavior, like accepting risk of HIV infection 40 times that of heterosexual males.
Yes dear, males who engage in male on male unprotected anal sex, regardless of their sexual orientation, are more likely to contract HIV than their heterosexual only counterparts. Were you aware that the infection rate of heterosexual only females is THOUSANDS of times higher than it is in women who are strictly homosexual in their sexual behavior? It's a virus, moron, it doesn't care about sexual orientation.
the real guest wrote:
But at least you acknoweldge that the disdain of society is one of the consequences of your willing choice to engage in homosexual behavior. Kudos, you've grown up a little bit since the last time we plowed over this same ground.
Not society sweetie, just braying asses such as yourself. Too bad you still haven't grown up.
the real guest wrote:
I don't. Neither do I have sex with 8 years olds, but that doesn't stop me from recognizing such behavior as deviant and perverted.
Hon, you think more about gay sex than I do and I am an honest to God homosexual. I noticed that your entire response was devoted to your homoerotic fantasy obsessions and you cleverly forgot to even acknowledge that we are talking about our lives when we aren't engaging in all that nasty sex you can't stop fantasizing about you pervert.

wondering

Ballwin, MO

#33 Jan 7, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
I am in Kansas, the story deals with changing the laws in Missouri and I am thankful you are in neither.

the real guest wrote, "But as you said, acting on your sexual desires is a choice. I hope we can forever put to bed the claim that engaging in homosexual behavior is not a choice."

As long as you admit to the reality that being homosexual ISN'T a choice.
the real guest wrote, "
Darn it puss cake, we were doing so well finding areas of agreement. Now you have to ruin it all by blasting me with your petty personal attacks."

I'm sorry that you don't like the truth, but that doesn't change the fact that it is the truth, wonderfully enlightened people such as yourself are the only real consequence to my being homosexual.
the real guest wrote, "There are many other consequences to engaging in homosexual behavior, like accepting risk of HIV infection 40 times that of heterosexual males."

Yes dear, males who engage in male on male unprotected anal sex, regardless of their sexual orientation, are more likely to contract HIV than their heterosexual only counterparts. Were you aware that the infection rate of heterosexual only females is THOUSANDS of times higher than it is in women who are strictly homosexual in their sexual behavior? It's a virus, moron, it doesn't care about sexual orientation.
the real guest wrote, "But at least you acknoweldge that the disdain of society is one of the consequences of your willing choice to engage in homosexual behavior. Kudos, you've grown up a little bit since the last time we plowed over this same ground."

Not society sweetie, just braying asses such as yourself. Too bad you still haven't grown up.
the real guest wrote, "
I don't. Neither do I have sex with 8 years olds, but that doesn't stop me from recognizing such behavior as deviant and perverted."

Hon, you think more about gay sex than I do and I am an honest to God homosexual. I noticed that your entire response was devoted to your homoerotic fantasy obsessions and you cleverly forgot to even acknowledge that we are talking about our lives when we aren't engaging in all that nasty sex you can't stop fantasizing about you pervert.
Ultimatly the goal you seek is acceptance by main stream society. It's not going to happen. Sorry c

this one

#34 Jan 7, 2013
wondering wrote:
Ultimatly the goal you seek is acceptance by main stream society. It's not going to happen. Sorry c
Mainstream society already accepts us sweetie, it's just noisy asses such as yourself that are being left behind.
wondering

Ballwin, MO

#35 Jan 7, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Mainstream society already accepts us sweetie, it's just noisy asses such as yourself that are being left behind.
Sorry but your wrong. If it was accepted then you wouldn't be fighting for gay rights

Uve

Location hidden

#36 Jan 7, 2013
the real guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be mad just because I won't buy into your delusion. Maybe one day you'll grow up and accept the consequences of your own actions. Then again, maybe not.
Not mad at all. I really don't care what bigoted twirl you buy into. I accept who I am and all of the consequences Only a moron would think he's superior based on the typical thing he f(_)cks.
TheTroll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#37 Jan 7, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but your wrong.
Sez who? Fred Phelps? Paul Cameron? LOLAY!
Oh, and BTW, it's spelled "you're", not "your". Learn to spell.

this one

#38 Jan 8, 2013
wondering wrote:
Sorry but your wrong. If it was accepted then you wouldn't be fighting for gay rights
We still have to clean up the freaking mess that wonderfully enlightened wastes of humanity, such as yourself, have created for us when you had the power to do so. Your (used properly, take note) kind of ignorance and hate has left us a hell of a lot to do to.
the real guest

United States

#39 Jan 8, 2013
Rich, Rich, Rich...don't you realize that throwing out petty personal attacks is the first sign that you've lost the debate? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

this one

#40 Jan 8, 2013
the real guest wrote:
Rich, Rich, Rich...don't you realize that throwing out petty personal attacks is the first sign that you've lost the debate? Tsk, tsk, tsk.
We were having a debate? That's news to me and I used to teach it. You do realize that would have involved you bringing actual arguments to the discussion and not just whining that I am calling you names when I pointed out how little you actually know?

Uve

Location hidden

#41 Jan 8, 2013
the real guest wrote:
Not lost. There is no debating with a bigoted moron that relates everything to sex, only thinking with his dick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Bold' Ireland votes to legalize gay marriage i... 33 min Nanang Gule 1
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 38 min Brian_G 5,617
News SoCal Rep Wants to Outlaw Gay-to-Straight "Conv... 41 min Brian_G 123
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 1 hr reasonmclucus 295
News Gay couple has adoption vacated now that they c... 1 hr cpeter1313 13
Lesbian Gay Bisexual & Tranny Adult dating Soci... (Nov '10) 1 hr Anthony 39
News Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest while Russi... 4 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 2
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 5 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 131
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr GayleWood 21,500
News Josh Duggar apology not enough? Fallout from mo... 14 hr Fa-Foxy 25
More from around the web