Hospital Handcuffs Gay Man Wanting To...

Hospital Handcuffs Gay Man Wanting To See Sick Partner

There are 173 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Apr 11, 2013, titled Hospital Handcuffs Gay Man Wanting To See Sick Partner. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Research Medical Center, a hospital in Missouri, handcuffed and expelled a gay man seeking to see his sick partner despite their mutual power of attorney

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#46 Apr 12, 2013
Rabbi Jade wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctrine of the resurrection is the doctrine of rebirth. Tell me if you understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lIRxF9A8KRQXX
I watched my husband die of lung cancer over a 3 month period. I'm also HIV+. Every moment I'm alive is an opportunity to transform myself into a better person.

Too bad you and the staff at this hospital ignore these everyday chances.
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#47 Apr 12, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the article it says he DID have legal documents.
yes ones that conferred no medical authority...
he was treated like anyone without hipaa clearance...

I have POA for many clients to conduct business, does that mean I have a seat in the emergency room?

this guy didn't have the RIGHT paperwork and was treated the SAME as anyone else would be in that case...
and you want MORE...
again, a FREE form online and this wouldn't have happened...
he would have been prepared like many opposite sex spouses are...
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#48 Apr 12, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it means the hospital is trying to cover they ass because they know they're going to get sued for not following their own rules.
your are blinded by your cultish agenda...
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#49 Apr 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that the facts would come out in a lawsuit, so my position remains the same.
are you admitting you jumped to conclusions without all the facts?
that you assume bigotry without a basis?
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#50 Apr 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
DPAfHs and SDPAfHs are more the norm.
wanna bet he had a DPOA that means nothing as to medical care?

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#51 Apr 12, 2013
Chad wrote:
I commend the hospital for taking precautions to protect the patients from AIDS!
I didn't know there were still folks as stupid as you allowed out in public.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#52 Apr 12, 2013
Francisco dAnconia wrote:
<quoted text>
yes ones that conferred no medical authority...
he was treated like anyone without hipaa clearance...
I have POA for many clients to conduct business, does that mean I have a seat in the emergency room?
this guy didn't have the RIGHT paperwork and was treated the SAME as anyone else would be in that case...
and you want MORE...
again, a FREE form online and this wouldn't have happened...
he would have been prepared like many opposite sex spouses are...
The Couple had a Civil Union......as you have claimed many times that's equal to being married, right?

They had LEGAL DOCUMENTS to make health care decisions for each other.......so, MR. LAWYER MAN......why aren't you helping this man sue the hospital for discrimination?
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#53 Apr 12, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
The Couple had a Civil Union......as you have claimed many times that's equal to being married, right?
They had LEGAL DOCUMENTS to make health care decisions for each other.......so, MR. LAWYER MAN......why aren't you helping this man sue the hospital for discrimination?
1. yup, they are since married spouses often have to get HIPAA's as well..
"Does the HIPAA Privacy Rule permit a doctor to discuss a patient’s health status, treatment, or payment arrangements with the patient’s family and friends?
Answer:

Yes. The HIPAA Privacy Rule at 45 CFR 164.510(b) specifically permits covered entities to share information that is directly relevant to the involvement of a spouse, family members, friends, or other persons identified by a patient, in the patient’s care or payment for health care."

2. Where did you see that he had such documents, all i see was that he had a financial POA....which has no bearing on medical which is prolly why he was taken to the curb!

3. So, he wasn't discriminated against, he was treated LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

BTW, this is what happens when you are ignorant and feel entitled nonetheless...

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#56 Apr 12, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I watched my husband die of lung cancer over a 3 month period. I'm also HIV+. Every moment I'm alive is an opportunity to transform myself into a better person.
Too bad you and the staff at this hospital ignore these everyday chances.
Ah, Sweetness, I am so sorry for your loss. You have my deepest sympathy. My mom passed due to lung cancer too and it wasn't pretty.

I'm glad your HIV is under control and I hope you have many more years to grace this planet. You're right. God still has work for you here to do. Somehow, I think you ARE fulfilling that chore.

All my best, Curt

#58 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
1. yup, they are since married spouses often have to get HIPAA's as well..
"Does the HIPAA Privacy Rule permit a doctor to discuss a patient’s health status, treatment, or payment arrangements with the patient’s family and friends?
Answer:
Yes. The HIPAA Privacy Rule at 45 CFR 164.510(b) specifically permits covered entities to share information that is directly relevant to the involvement of a spouse, family members, friends, or other persons identified by a patient, in the patient’s care or payment for health care."
2. Where did you see that he had such documents, all i see was that he had a financial POA....which has no bearing on medical which is prolly why he was taken to the curb!
3. So, he wasn't discriminated against, he was treated LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.
BTW, this is what happens when you are ignorant and feel entitled nonetheless...
It so nice to see you respond as expected......lol!!!

#59 Apr 12, 2013
According to the article linked to this thread:
According to Roger, he and Allen have joint power of attorney,.......where did you get that this was a financial POA only? My guess is that it covers all aspects of their lives!!!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#60 Apr 12, 2013
why didn't he just get a hippa form and healthcare directive?
FREE online...no legal fees required....
Second, why did he think he was special that he should be able to violate the rules requiring these documents because he was "in love"?
You're an a-hole.
SLIF

Hamilton, Canada

#61 Apr 12, 2013
It was because a member of the patients "family" was already there and refused to let him see him.

Palm Springs, California

#62 Apr 12, 2013
SLIF wrote:
It was because a member of the patients "family" was already there and refused to let him see him.
I have "Family" stories that would turn your hair white.

In the bad old days of the 80's when my pals were dropping a couple a month, I saw disgusting horrible parents who had disowned their son decades earlier march to his death bed, throw out his partner of maybe 20 years and scoop up his tainted gay money and property with absolutely NO problem. More than once they wouldn't even allow the partner or any of the deceased's gay friends to attend the funeral...this right before they grabbed the dead guy's house and kicked out the partner, sometimes not even allowing him to pack his own clothes. Disgusting beyond belief.

I'm thinking this may have been the case in Missouri.

Palm Springs, California

#64 Apr 12, 2013
Curteese II wrote:
Nothing worse than having a gerbil stuffed in your muffin and having to rush to the emergency room. No wonder he was handcuffed, he couldn't stop squirming.
Nothing worse than a lying little coward who is so afraid of everything that he cannot even use one name and signs in under dozens of false ones. What's a matter, coward, afraid of big mean old gay men? What a sniveling little pussy you are, coward.

How proud your mother must be, when she is not face down in some truck driver's cab, earning herself a nice crisp 5 dollar bill.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#65 Apr 12, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I have "Family" stories that would turn your hair white.
In the bad old days of the 80's when my pals were dropping a couple a month, I saw disgusting horrible parents who had disowned their son decades earlier march to his death bed, throw out his partner of maybe 20 years and scoop up his tainted gay money and property with absolutely NO problem. More than once they wouldn't even allow the partner or any of the deceased's gay friends to attend the funeral...this right before they grabbed the dead guy's house and kicked out the partner, sometimes not even allowing him to pack his own clothes. Disgusting beyond belief.
That is so despicable.
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#66 Apr 12, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the article linked to this thread:
According to Roger, he and Allen have joint power of attorney,.......where did you get that this was a financial POA only? My guess is that it covers all aspects of their lives!!!
what made you think it was related to medical?
a desire to get hysterical right away ?

POA's for medical are called something else...and want to know how else I can tell? Cause if he had one, he would have had NO ISSUE!
the fact they BOOTED HIM...that's how I know...

now again,, what makes you think his POA was medical besides inventing facts so you can get huffy?
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#67 Apr 12, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an a-hole.
From you its a compliment...
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#68 Apr 12, 2013
SLIF wrote:
if he had the right documentation, it would not have been an issue...
he didn't and he found out how special he was...

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#69 Apr 12, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I have "Family" stories that would turn your hair white.
Nothing seems to motivate people (as least American people) more than greed. Not even religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 29 min Travis Turbil 13,071
Transgender "woman" convicted of raping 10-year... 33 min Travis Turbil 2
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 3 hr Astro 2,570
News Anti-gay Southern Decadence preacher arrested o... (Feb '11) 4 hr BAC SOLDIER 31
News The fascinating sex life of Jonathan, the 186-y... 4 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 3
News Prominent chefs oppose baker in major gay right... 4 hr Luther 6
News Secret Symphony exhibit in Allentown explores t... 4 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 1
News Who would be a better president: Donald Trump o... 5 hr Noe 41
News Birth-record fix for gays falls to lower court 5 hr Travis Turbil 18
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 7 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 343
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr Freedomofexpression 57,593
More from around the web