Hospital Handcuffs Gay Man Wanting To...

Hospital Handcuffs Gay Man Wanting To See Sick Partner

There are 173 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Apr 11, 2013, titled Hospital Handcuffs Gay Man Wanting To See Sick Partner. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Research Medical Center, a hospital in Missouri, handcuffed and expelled a gay man seeking to see his sick partner despite their mutual power of attorney

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Apr 11, 2013
Francisco dAnconia wrote:
why didn't he just get a hippa form and healthcare directive?
FREE online...no legal fees required....
Second, why did he think he was special that he should be able to violate the rules requiring these documents because he was "in love"?
He had a health power of attorney, the hospital ignored it.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#22 Apr 11, 2013
fr MARC:

>Research Medical Center was one of the first hospitals in Kansas City to offer domestic partner benefits, which have been in place since 2005, and we have had a policy specifically acknowledging domestic partners’ visitation rights in place for years.
This was an issue of disruptive and belligerent behavior by the visitor that affected patient care. The hospital’s response followed the same policies that would apply to any individual engaged in this behavior in a patient care setting and was not in any way related to the patient’s or the visitor’s sexual orientation or marital status. This visitor created a barrier for us to care for the patient. Attempts were made to deescalate the situation. Unfortunately, we had no choice but to involve security and the Kansas City MO Police Department.
The hospital also denies it ever filed a restraining order against Gorley."<

Of COURSE they deny it. Why wasn't the "family member who REALLY caused the problem" arrested, handcuffed, humiliated, and expelled from the "hospital".

I hope the two men sue, and win BIG TIME. What happened here should NEVER happen to anyone.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#23 Apr 11, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The incident happened at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Missouri. The hospital went one step further and filed a restraining order against Roger to prevent him from entering the hospital!
So this has already been before a judge! And apparently the judge ignored the Power of Attorney as well!
It's Kans-ASS, the most backward state in the union for anything going on in anyone's pants, male or female. They have that horrible Senator Bareback, sorry, Browncrack, to stick his nose into everyone's crotches.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#24 Apr 11, 2013
why didn't he just get a hippa form and healthcare directive?
FREE online...no legal fees required....
Second, why did he think he was special that he should be able to violate the rules requiring these documents because he was "in love"?
If you read the article it says he DID have legal documents.

Just more proof those documents are all meaningless when facing a bigoted family & staff.

Luckily he has grounds to sue which will certainly get their attention.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#25 Apr 11, 2013
oh snap...
you mean this media outlet tilted the story in an pro-gay bias?
you mean a gay person was treated JUST LIKE EVERYONE else and it was not enough?
I wish it was shocking...
No, it means the hospital is trying to cover they ass because they know they're going to get sued for not following their own rules.
jwp

Las Vegas, NV

#26 Apr 11, 2013
Get a good lawyer and teach them a lesson!
Chad

Craigavon, UK

#27 Apr 11, 2013
I commend the hospital for taking precautions to protect the patients from AIDS!

Palm Springs, California

#28 Apr 11, 2013
Chad wrote:
I commend the hospital for taking precautions to protect the patients from AIDS!
I condemn you for lying and making up false names, liar.

Why are you such a cowardly little LIAR?

I know, you are petrified of gay men. Admit it, liar. Admit it, coward.

Palm Springs, California

#30 Apr 11, 2013
Rabbi Jade wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you shut! The _____uP!
Register and pick one name, coward.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#32 Apr 11, 2013
Rabbi Jade wrote:
<quoted text>
nope. Synper is a friend. He gets a pass. You however.......Job 38:4

"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#35 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
and now that the facts are that this guy was just belligerent, how do you feel about being sue happy?
your media lied to you...
right now your agenda is doing things you think only the opposition is doing...
I believe that the facts would come out in a lawsuit, so my position remains the same.

Location hidden

#36 Apr 11, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The incident happened at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Missouri. The hospital went one step further and filed a restraining order against Roger to prevent him from entering the hospital!
So this has already been before a judge! And apparently the judge ignored the Power of Attorney as well!
Where I was from, a person was Summoned to Appear at the Hearing where such an Order was being considered.

Location hidden

#37 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
where did you see MEDICAL power of attorney?
they are FINANCIAL...
did you just make it up?
all he needed was a HIPAA form...he didn't have one so he got treated just like EVERYONE ELSE...
yes, opposite sex spouses also do a HIPAA form and Advanced Directive/healthcare Proxy...
DPAfHs and SDPAfHs are more the norm.

Location hidden

#38 Apr 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He had a health power of attorney, the hospital ignored it.
They're actually called "Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare" and "Springing Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare".

Location hidden

#39 Apr 11, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It's Kans-ASS, the most backward state in the union for anything going on in anyone's pants, male or female. They have that horrible Senator Bareback, sorry, Browncrack, to stick his nose into everyone's crotches.
Almost worse. It's in Misery.

Location hidden

#40 Apr 11, 2013
Rabbi Jade wrote:
<quoted text>
no
Ronald

Cluj-napoca, Romania

#41 Apr 11, 2013
The hospital did the right thing. Good for them.

Palm Springs, California

#42 Apr 11, 2013
Rabbi Jade wrote:
<quoted text>
I registered three weeks ago at work but I still enjoy using the grey box cus it drives you and jade batsh!t crazy. Care to guess what I chose for a name and slogan?
Shorty
lol
Bwack bwack bwack...little cowardly chicken. Too afraid of the mean old gays to pick one name. Sniveling little coward.

Pathetic, really.
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#43 Apr 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
SUE THEM! SUE THEM NOW! SUE THEM HARD!
bastards!
No need to get hysterical. It makes you look ridiculous. That said, I agree that a successful lawsuit will happen with an out of court settlement. But if hysteria reigns, then some will say "There they go again." and will have even stronger feelings that gays are not emotionally equipped for marriage. And before the usual suspects/idiots throw the usual tantrum of "I don't care!" you had better care if you want to win the battle of popular opinion.

And you need to win that battle.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#45 Apr 12, 2013
Rabbi Jade wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctrine of the resurrection is the doctrine of rebirth. Tell me if you understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lIRxF9A8KRQXX
as Rod McKuen said of Anita Bryant, "I'm glad she's a born again christian. I just hope she continues to be born again till she finally gets it right".

So to answer your question, yes I understand (probably better than you do).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 3 hr neighbor 2,214
News Pride in local LGBT progress: Some of Metro Van... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 19
News Gay rights is personal for Florida gubernatoria... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 2
News Teen weighs impact of joining school gay-straig... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 7
News Danes charge imam for comparing gays to pedophi... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 6
News Churches threaten to dismiss staff who wed same... 4 hr Willis 1
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... (Nov '16) 4 hr Defeat Ralph Nort... 2,431
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 hr cpeter1313 53,715
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 hr cpeter1313 8,405
More from around the web