Three couples file challenge to Utah'...

Three couples file challenge to Utah's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 29 comments on the www.sltrib.com story from Mar 25, 2013, titled Three couples file challenge to Utah's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.sltrib.com reports that:

On the eve of a historic debate in the U.S. Supreme Court over gay marriage, three couples in Utah filed a lawsuit asking a federal judge to declare unconstitutional any law in the predominately Mormon state barring same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.sltrib.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#23 Mar 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Yahweh is omniscient.
Knowing the future makes the future set in stone, you otherwise the future would not be known, thus, if anything is omniscient then what you will do is already done, no free will.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#24 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing the future makes the future set in stone, you otherwise the future would not be known, thus, if anything is omniscient then what you will do is already done, no free will.
If thereis no free will, then why have democracy ? Or courts ? Or judges ? Or juries ? Or a criminal justice system at all ?

Not ALL things are "provable". That is what FAITH is all about. I have faith that free will exists.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#25 Mar 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that God, Yahweh, is "The Creator Of All Things" and that He gave his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who IS the Messiah, and that whosoever believes in Him, and is baptized, SHALL BE SAVED and have everlasting life with Him in Heaven. And that whosoever chooses NOT to believe in Him, shall be damned to Hell forever. That is my personal belief that I TRULY believe in.
Quoting from Hebrew mythology. As I said ... a loud, vocal christian, the worst kind. That is what makes the christian religion especially virulent among all the wrold's religions -- the fact that the christians can't shut up, but feel the need to convert everyone else. Their 'salvation' depends on it, because their Bible tells them to go out and preach to the whole world -- and they DO! You never see a Jew proselytizing, or a Hindu, or even a Muslim. They are all content to be left alone practicing their faith in their own religious buildings by themselves -- unless provoked by the christians, of course.

But not the christians -- Oh NO!-- they have to make everyone else's lives around them a misery by forcing their beliefs on people, spreading their moronic pamphlets, and screaming about their beliefs in public and in the nation's Congress. And if anyone dares to have a different opinion then that person is pronounced PURE EVIL and condemned to damnation in Hell (see the quote above), where Yahweh will supposedly have their souls cooked, grilled and roasted for all eternity as punishment that during a brief lifetime of 70-80 years they voiced their disapproval of his recorded policies of ritualistic genital mutilation, incest, revenge, genocide and mass murder.

It's all a load of hogwash, Daniel-Frank-Foxy, and if you think I'm shuddering at the thought of having been consigned to Hell by the likes of you or your imaginary vengeful friend in the sky -- ha-ha-hahhh!.... I laugh in your face (and your mythological Hebrew god's face too)!

(And if you persist in hijacking this forum -- meant for gay topics -- to turn it into a vehicle for christian proselytizing, I will persist in pointing out the fallacies and absurdities of your religion and your mythological god(s).)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#26 Mar 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
If thereis no free will, then why have democracy ? Or courts ? Or judges ? Or juries ? Or a criminal justice system at all ?
Not ALL things are "provable". That is what FAITH is all about. I have faith that free will exists.
It's not my mythology, it's yours. If your god is omniscient, there can be no free will because the future is already determined. So why not ask your preachers why we have democracy, courts,.... etc.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#27 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my mythology, it's yours. If your god is omniscient, there can be no free will because the future is already determined. So why not ask your preachers why we have democracy, courts,.... etc.
Why do my personal beliefs bother you so ? I don't believe that they should have kicked Pluto out of the family of planets. Do you want to argue about that also ?

I believe I may adopt another cat. Do you want to argue about that also ?

I believe taht the 80 degree weather here now is nicer than yours. Do you want to argue about that ?

I believe that all you REALLY need to be hapy in life is a WARM ct and a COLD beer.:) Do you want to argue about that ?

I believe I need a larger cockring. Do you want to argue about that ?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#28 Mar 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do my personal beliefs bother you so ? I don't believe that they should have kicked Pluto out of the family of planets. Do you want to argue about that also ?
I believe taht the 80 degree weather here now is nicer than yours. Do you want to argue about that ?
I believe that all you REALLY need to be hapy in life is a WARM ct and a COLD beer.:) Do you want to argue about that ?
I am a learner, and when you do not present anything for me to learn, you become annoying, yes. Your beliefs are a delusion, and I want you to break that delusion and see reality, I want to help you heal from your illness, that's all.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#29 Mar 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Yahweh is omniscient.
(N.B. His Midian name was "Yahu". Check your stock portfolio for suitable investment potentials)

Sausalito, CA

#30 Mar 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal comments are kept personal, not voiced in public. However, anything you choose to voice in public is fair game, and if you insist on spewing hatred on this forum and condemning people to Hell you had better believe we WILL take shots at you whenever the opportunity presents itself. Too often we've bent over for your type, but those days are over.

Sausalito, CA

#31 Mar 28, 2013
I meant to say personal beliefs are kept personal, but once voiced become fair game. If you don't want them debunked keep them private -- we aren't interested in personal christian beliefs anyway. We've heard it all before, and like KittenKoder said, it's annoyingly meaningless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge who said she wouldn't marry gays fights b... 6 min Lawrence Wolf 9
Dying off like flies 10 min Gage 21
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 16 min Serratus Anterior 1
News After gay couple's home is egged, a community r... 21 min Frankie Rizzo 11
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 28 min Leo 68,950
News Former LDS Church lobbyist joins board of LGBT ... 1 hr tongangodz 21
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 15,719
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,719
More from around the web