Will Obama include ENDA in State of t...

Will Obama include ENDA in State of the Union?

There are 21 comments on the www.washingtonblade.com story from Feb 7, 2013, titled Will Obama include ENDA in State of the Union?. In it, www.washingtonblade.com reports that:

Amid expectations that President Obama will encourage Congress to pass jobs legislation during his upcoming State of the Union address, LGBT advocates are calling on him to articulate the need for legislative and administrative action to protect against anti-LGBT job bias.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.washingtonblade.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Feb 7, 2013
Let's hope, but I'm sure the GOPasaurs in the House will never vote for it.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2 Feb 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
There's a lot on the plate this year with immigration and benefits for military spouses. Plus the advances of marriage in the states.

I think we should help Obama prioritize what can actually get done this year, and I don't think ENDA is it. And that's a shame because it's probably the most obvious need and will produce the least backlash.

Unfortunately, the religious right will find pinko communist fascist un-American plots behind greeting them "hello" these days.
Rico

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Feb 7, 2013
GOPasaurs

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#4 Feb 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
I believe you are correct. However, I think it would be wise to force their hand... make them put their no vote on record for everyone to see.

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Feb 7, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you are correct. However, I think it would be wise to force their hand... make them put their no vote on record for everyone to see.
That would work in the Senate, but we have no way of forcing a vote in the House. Boner gets to decide what bills are brought up for a vote.
How About The NDAA

Covina, CA

#6 Feb 7, 2013
http://www.infowars.com/leaked-u-s-army-docum...

Once you have a taste of truthful reporting you never go back to mainstream contrived corporate media.

These hosts bash Republicans and Democrats equally because they know both sides are illuminati bought puppets out to screw us.

Give alternative news sources a chance before you knock them. Download these shows to your MP3 players and listen on your way to work or whatever. All you need from mainstream media is breaking news and traffic/weather. You can listen to all these shows on your smart phone as well.

Exposes US Gov Corruption and Global Wide Illuminati Plots

http://rss.infowars.com/Alex.rss

(Skip around, you'll learn something useful)

Exposes Wallstreet and absolutely teaches you how to protect your money from the crooked banksters

http://www.philsgang.com/pgfreeshowarchives.a...

Exposes Secret/Ancient Knowledge Suppressed In Modern History Books and suppressed medical cures/prevention for diseases like cancer, etc. This guy is a medical doctor.

http://www.soundwaves2000.com/radio_liberty/

Often Exposes NASA Disinformation and Possible Offworld Intelligence -Search "Coast to Coast 2012 Shows" on Youtube and listen or use downloader -This is one way /Or get a CC Witness radio and record AM from your local affiliate. There is CIA disinfo injected from some of the guests but you learn how to identify it after a while by researching the guests' backgrounds. The hosts are simply great.

http://www.youtube.com/user/C2CVAULT...

Connects Bible Predictions/Prophecy to Modern Day Events -How Illuminati uses bible prophecy to plan false flag disasters eg. earthquakes, etc. There could also be some CIA brainwashing here as well from some of the guest lecturers but they give a heads up of what to look out for/predict down the road. The host does a good job of teaching about the bible and does not fear political correctness.

http://www.thegospel.com/clients/the-prophecy...

These radio hosts should do a show together or at least make guest appearences on each others shows. They all value truth and liberty in their own way.

Here's my take on it. Don't be afraid to speak out as we are all on some type of list by now:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

You have to understand that free speech on the net is about to be clamped down on in America.-mainland China/Syria style.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#7 Feb 7, 2013
How about concentrating on fixing the economy and getting people back to work? Protecting against job bias all well and good but it is a waist of time if there are no jobs.
straight shooter

Barre, VT

#8 Feb 7, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
How about concentrating on fixing the economy and getting people back to work? Protecting against job bias all well and good but it is a waist of time if there are no jobs.
"guns and gays and global warming" are the new play in the "anything but the economy" second term agenda...

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
And what good are jobs if they can refuse to hire you or just fire you because you're gay?

“ reality, what a concept”

this one

#10 Feb 7, 2013
I wouldn't bet the farm on its passage, especially in the House, but it should at least rate a mention.

Tawas City, Michigan

#11 Feb 7, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
"guns and gays and global warming" are the new play in the "anything but the economy" second term agenda...
So you don't mind unemployed people as long as they're fired just for being gay.

Got it.
Little Blue Alien

Amherst, MA

#12 Feb 7, 2013
Nice to see ya back sheep to misinform the public and our youth into further subversion and decadence.
You must be so proud.

Since: Feb 13

Brighton, MA

#13 Feb 7, 2013
the real story is will Obama ever stop buying out the war guns are fun everybody should have them even 3 year old children

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#14 Feb 7, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Economic growth and jobs are the last things the Republicans want. Their puppeteers still stand to gain more by taking a larger share of a stagnant economy (and a more certain outcome) than by taking the kinds of risks that create growth and spread wealth around.

And the party powerful still think they can take over by tanking the economy and blaming the party of the incumbent President. People are finally waking up to who got all the new wealth over the last three decades and why.
Blue Lightning

Amherst, MA

#15 Feb 7, 2013
mc edgwize wrote:
the real story is will Obama ever stop buying out the war guns are fun everybody should have them even 3 year old children

Of course who pays for them. This President really has been a disaster and to think he got reelected means one of three things.

1. America is more stupid than we understand
2. Voter fraud by those above the President
3. A combination of the two

Either way we're screwed for many years to come and in a couple of years the same subversive decadent dogs that polarized our nation to vote for a black man that isn't even black will do the same for a woman.

America is losing, bigtime!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#16 Feb 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And what good are jobs if they can refuse to hire you or just fire you because you're gay?
A law will not stop anybody who does not want to hire a person who is gay from not hiring a gay person. It only prevents them from saying they will not hire a gay person. There are gay people that will not hire straight people and there are gay people who will not hire gay people of the opposite sex. How does an employer know a person is gay? I have hired people for my company and I know that question was not on our applications. By law you cannot ask marital status, how many children, race and a lot of other personal questions.
Personally I would not want to work for a company that does not want to hire gays so why would a gay person? If you do not like a companies policies do not work for or do business with them.
From the political perspective this is just another issue to distract from the issues that our politicians on both sides supposed to be working on.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#17 Feb 7, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo! This is not a Democrat or Republican thing it is both. The economy, defict and budget are the issues that should take center stage yet both Parties are distracting us with gay marrage, abortion, gun control and a thousand other things that for the most part the government at least politicians should not even be involved in.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#18 Feb 7, 2013
Blue Lightning wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course who pays for them. This President really has been a disaster and to think he got reelected means one of three things.
1. America is more stupid than we understand
2. Voter fraud by those above the President
3. A combination of the two
Either way we're screwed for many years to come and in a couple of years the same subversive decadent dogs that polarized our nation to vote for a black man that isn't even black will do the same for a woman.
America is losing, bigtime!
The answer is #1. We elected Dubya twice and now this fool. We need to stop reelecting the same people who do a bad job over and over.

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Feb 7, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
A law will not stop anybody who does not want to hire a person who is gay from not hiring a gay person. It only prevents them from saying they will not hire a gay person. There are gay people that will not hire straight people and there are gay people who will not hire gay people of the opposite sex. How does an employer know a person is gay? I have hired people for my company and I know that question was not on our applications. By law you cannot ask marital status, how many children, race and a lot of other personal questions.
Personally I would not want to work for a company that does not want to hire gays so why would a gay person? If you do not like a companies policies do not work for or do business with them.
From the political perspective this is just another issue to distract from the issues that our politicians on both sides supposed to be working on.
What's the big distraction if it's not that big of a deal anyways? Passing the bill would take 15 minutes to vote in the House and the Senate.

There, now it's done and they can work on all those great jobs bills......

Tawas City, Michigan

#20 Feb 7, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is #1. We elected Dubya twice and now this fool. We need to stop reelecting the same people who do a bad job over and over.
Obviously not everyone agrees the President is doing a bad job, which is why we voted to reelect him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min Frankie Rizzo 40,528
News Eastern Kentucky holds first Pride Festival 25 min antipolicticalcor... 101
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 25 min who cares 18,497
News Priests and nuns hold bizarre ceremony to 'puri... 29 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 49
News Moore goes before ethics panel on gay marriage ... 32 min david traversa 1
News 10 Reasons Why You Should Help Fight Biphobia i... 57 min Big Packer Fan 61
News Transgender stories: when you are born in the w... 59 min Big Packer Fan 27
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) Tue Left of centre 68,992
More from around the web