Dr. Rachel Maddow Delves Deep Into To...

Dr. Rachel Maddow Delves Deep Into Today’s SCOTUS Arguments About DOMA

There are 24 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Mar 27, 2013, titled Dr. Rachel Maddow Delves Deep Into Today’s SCOTUS Arguments About DOMA . In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Dr. Rachel Maddow talked to one of the lawyers who has been fighting DOMA for quite some time, and examines how the Supreme Court handled the arguments

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Mar 27, 2013
Nobody listens to MADCOW or watches her show.
Resist Ignorance

Huntsville, AL

#2 Mar 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Nobody listens to MADCOW or watches her show.
I do. I watch it every night! Great news, much better than FA-Fox news!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 27, 2013
Good selection, Bridgette.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#4 Mar 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Nobody listens to MADCOW or watches her show.
That's not true.......more watch her show than you think!!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Mar 27, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true.......more watch her show than you think!!!
Oops. You're right. Her ratings have gone up, from 0.23% of the population to 0.26% of the population.

Sei

Since: Nov 08

Rutland, VT

#6 Mar 28, 2013
Thanks, snyper.:)
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops. You're right. Her ratings have gone up, from 0.23% of the population to 0.26% of the population.
As Keith Olbermann noted many a year ago, and this is backed up by the actual numbers, the MSNBC line up first of all does not reach as many households as the FOX News one does. Secondly, more people watch the MSNBC line up online than do FOX's. FOX is actually going to be in trouble this upcoming year when online viewership is folded into the ratings system.

BTW, I constantly use Dr. Maddow's title. She isn't a medical doctor, but happens to have her doctorate in political science. Unlike her competition and colleagues, she has the kind of high level education that actually should lend weight to her opinions.

And what is more, her opinions- like mine (though I have a lowly Masters Degree in Women's Studies and am working on a Master of Fine Arts)- are based solidly in fact and not fantasy the way that so many others are.

I know it is upsetting, but MSNBC has two people in their line up who have very solid political educations- Dr. Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell- who worked for the late House Speaker Patrick Moynahan. Both base their opinions in facts.

Bill O can't even remember that Christ was born 2013 years ago, and believes some garbage that Christ was crucified for opposing taxes when in truth he was executed because he was framed by the pharisies who claimed he was trying to lead a revolution to overthrown Roman rule when, in fact, Christ was supportive of Roman rule in the Palestine stating quite emphatically that one should pay one's taxes and treat Roman authority with respect.

People love to dismiss me as being stupid, but the reality is that I'm very, very, very smart.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Mar 28, 2013
Sei wrote:
Thanks, snyper.:)
<quoted text>
As Keith Olbermann noted many a year ago, and this is backed up by the actual numbers, the MSNBC line up first of all does not reach as many households as the FOX News one does. Secondly, more people watch the MSNBC line up online than do FOX's. FOX is actually going to be in trouble this upcoming year when online viewership is folded into the ratings system.
BTW, I constantly use Dr. Maddow's title. She isn't a medical doctor, but happens to have her doctorate in political science. Unlike her competition and colleagues, she has the kind of high level education that actually should lend weight to her opinions.
And what is more, her opinions- like mine (though I have a lowly Masters Degree in Women's Studies and am working on a Master of Fine Arts)- are based solidly in fact and not fantasy the way that so many others are.
I know it is upsetting, but MSNBC has two people in their line up who have very solid political educations- Dr. Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell- who worked for the late House Speaker Patrick Moynahan. Both base their opinions in facts.
Bill O can't even remember that Christ was born 2013 years ago, and believes some garbage that Christ was crucified for opposing taxes when in truth he was executed because he was framed by the pharisies who claimed he was trying to lead a revolution to overthrown Roman rule when, in fact, Christ was supportive of Roman rule in the Palestine stating quite emphatically that one should pay one's taxes and treat Roman authority with respect.
People love to dismiss me as being stupid, but the reality is that I'm very, very, very smart.
You know, I was going to comment on her "Dr.", but you already just did here. FOX NEWS has many lawyers on the show, including, but not limited to Gerlado Rivera, Greta Van Susteren, and Megyn Kelly. And my younger sister is also a practicing attorney. ALL have Juris Doctor degrees, and are therefore "doctors". Yet I have never heard any of the aformentioned people, nor any lawyer in my life, insist on being called "Doctor xxxx". I think it's highly pretentious and silly if she insists on being called "Dr. Maddow".

And being a fawning acolyte of Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Uncle Joe Stalin, and The Obamaniac, I, and many other people, are not going to listen to a word she says about anything.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#8 Mar 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I was going to comment on her "Dr.", but you already just did here. FOX NEWS has many lawyers on the show, including, but not limited to Gerlado Rivera, Greta Van Susteren, and Megyn Kelly. And my younger sister is also a practicing attorney. ALL have Juris Doctor degrees, and are therefore "doctors". Yet I have never heard any of the aformentioned people, nor any lawyer in my life, insist on being called "Doctor xxxx". I think it's highly pretentious and silly if she insists on being called "Dr. Maddow".
And being a fawning acolyte of Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Uncle Joe Stalin, and The Obamaniac, I, and many other people, are not going to listen to a word she says about anything.
Any person who has achieved their DOCTORATE degree can and are address as "DR." so-in-so!!!

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#9 Mar 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I was going to comment on her "Dr.", but you already just did here. FOX NEWS has many lawyers on the show, including, but not limited to Gerlado Rivera, Greta Van Susteren, and Megyn Kelly. And my younger sister is also a practicing attorney. ALL have Juris Doctor degrees, and are therefore "doctors". Yet I have never heard any of the aformentioned people, nor any lawyer in my life, insist on being called "Doctor xxxx". I think it's highly pretentious and silly if she insists on being called "Dr. Maddow".
And being a fawning acolyte of Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Uncle Joe Stalin, and The Obamaniac, I, and many other people, are not going to listen to a word she says about anything.
After comparing Maddow to fools like Rivera, Van Susteren, and Kelly, you conclude by saying you're a "fawning acolyte" of Marx, Lenin, Stalin, and Obama.

You really need to adjust your meds. Again.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#10 Mar 28, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Any person who has achieved their DOCTORATE degree can and are address as "DR." so-in-so!!!
UNTRUE. Name a single lawyer of judge who is called "Doctor.

The pastor of my church has a doctorate in theology, but he insists everyone call him "Pastor Jim".

I've had teachers in hig school and professors in colege who had doctorate degrees and insisted they be called "Mr." or just "Jerry".

Why do some people who have a doctorate degree insist on being cled "doctor" when I know of no other similar thing for any other academic degree. I have a sister who has a masters degree, but she doesn't insist on being called "Master Linda".

I think oftentimes someone insisting being called "doctor" because they have a doctorate degree is awfully pretntious and silly.

I think The Obamaniac has a doctorate degree, doesn't he ? Have you ever heard ANYONE call him "doctor" ?

People have a RIGHT to be addressed however they wish. That doesn't mean they are not being pretentious or silly.
Raquel Madcow

Cummington, MA

#11 Mar 28, 2013
I talk like this cus I swallowed Keith Blowbermann.
"What's that you say?"
"NO!" "My turn!" "I'll talk now."
My turn here.

Me Me Me Me Me Me
Dr Madcow

Cummington, MA

#12 Mar 28, 2013
Sei wrote:
Thanks, snyper.:)
<quoted text>
As Keith Olbermann noted many a year ago, and this is backed up by the actual numbers, the MSNBC line up first of all does not reach as many households as the FOX News one does. Secondly, more people watch the MSNBC line up online than do FOX's. FOX is actually going to be in trouble this upcoming year when online viewership is folded into the ratings system.
BTW, I constantly use Dr. Maddow's title. She isn't a medical doctor, but happens to have her doctorate in political science. Unlike her competition and colleagues, she has the kind of high level education that actually should lend weight to her opinions.
And what is more, her opinions- like mine (though I have a lowly Masters Degree in Women's Studies and am working on a Master of Fine Arts)- are based solidly in fact and not fantasy the way that so many others are.
I know it is upsetting, but MSNBC has two people in their line up who have very solid political educations- Dr. Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell- who worked for the late House Speaker Patrick Moynahan. Both base their opinions in facts.
Bill O can't even remember that Christ was born 2013 years ago, and believes some garbage that Christ was crucified for opposing taxes when in truth he was executed because he was framed by the pharisies who claimed he was trying to lead a revolution to overthrown Roman rule when, in fact, Christ was supportive of Roman rule in the Palestine stating quite emphatically that one should pay one's taxes and treat Roman authority with respect.
People love to dismiss me as being stupid, but the reality is that I'm very, very, very smart.
Talk about drinking ones own bathwater. Sheesh....
Take the tax code and shove it up your bass because without it the demoncratic party would have no legs to stand on.
Dr Madcow

Cummington, MA

#13 Mar 28, 2013
Putin for President.
Expel and isolate Israeli's. Especially the ones jeering and cheering in NJ as the WTC was smoldering in the background on September 11, 2001.

Who owns and runs this country anyway?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#14 Mar 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTRUE. Name a single lawyer of judge who is called "Doctor.
The pastor of my church has a doctorate in theology, but he insists everyone call him "Pastor Jim".
I've had teachers in hig school and professors in colege who had doctorate degrees and insisted they be called "Mr." or just "Jerry".
Why do some people who have a doctorate degree insist on being cled "doctor" when I know of no other similar thing for any other academic degree. I have a sister who has a masters degree, but she doesn't insist on being called "Master Linda".
I think oftentimes someone insisting being called "doctor" because they have a doctorate degree is awfully pretntious and silly.
I think The Obamaniac has a doctorate degree, doesn't he ? Have you ever heard ANYONE call him "doctor" ?
People have a RIGHT to be addressed however they wish. That doesn't mean they are not being pretentious or silly.
They can be if they want to be......but in reality, it would be listed as initials after their name like this....Vaughn Walker J.D. or S.J.D. if they happened to have their degree in Research Law.......so, it is not the same has having a Doctorate degree in other areas.......and always how a person is addressed will have to do with the initials behind their name and their personal preference......I happen to have MA Ed behind my name because I have a Masters degree in Education......but did you know that before now? My guess is probably not!!!

Sei

Since: Nov 08

Rutland, VT

#15 Mar 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I was going to comment on her "Dr.", but you already just did here. FOX NEWS has many lawyers on the show, including, but not limited to Gerlado Rivera, Greta Van Susteren, and Megyn Kelly. And my younger sister is also a practicing attorney. ALL have Juris Doctor degrees, and are therefore "doctors". Yet I have never heard any of the aformentioned people, nor any lawyer in my life, insist on being called "Doctor xxxx". I think it's highly pretentious and silly if she insists on being called "Dr. Maddow".
And being a fawning acolyte of Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Uncle Joe Stalin, and The Obamaniac, I, and many other people, are not going to listen to a word she says about anything.
Actually, she does not.

Alright, first of all, a Juris Doctor is never referred to as Doctor XYZ; however, I'm a life long academe. Dr. Maddow has a Doctorate, and out of respect for her degree, I refer to her as Dr. Maddow. For me, to do otherwise would be rude.

In terms of etiquette, I am suppose to refer to her as Dr. Maddow. I am also suppose to refer to the head of Service Women's Action Network as Captain Anu Bhagwati even though she is retired. The only way that Dr. Maddow would no longer be Dr. Maddow is if she were to obtain a higher title such as Representative or Senator.

It is why I will always refer to, say, former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams as former Archbishop instead of Doctor Williams.

It's an etiquette thing, but it is entirely on my end.

However, in terms of etiquette, a juris doctor is never ever referred to as Doctor. They should be referred to as 'esquire'.

Sei

Since: Nov 08

Rutland, VT

#16 Mar 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTRUE. Name a single lawyer of judge who is called "Doctor.
The pastor of my church has a doctorate in theology, but he insists everyone call him "Pastor Jim".
I've had teachers in hig school and professors in colege who had doctorate degrees and insisted they be called "Mr." or just "Jerry".
Why do some people who have a doctorate degree insist on being cled "doctor" when I know of no other similar thing for any other academic degree. I have a sister who has a masters degree, but she doesn't insist on being called "Master Linda".
I think oftentimes someone insisting being called "doctor" because they have a doctorate degree is awfully pretntious and silly.
I think The Obamaniac has a doctorate degree, doesn't he ? Have you ever heard ANYONE call him "doctor" ?
People have a RIGHT to be addressed however they wish. That doesn't mean they are not being pretentious or silly.
While a Pastor or Reverend can be referred to as Doctor XYZ, it is actually more proper to call them Pastor or Reverend so long as they are active in preaching.
Sorry, I have a very formal way of engaging in my etiquette.
Incidentally, President Barack H. Obama is referred to formally as President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama. Even if he had a doctorate in something other than law, he would be referred to as President Obama.
In fact, the best example of that would be Thomas Woodrow Wilson. President Wilson had a Doctorate in History and Political Science. Once he took the Presidency, the title of Doctor was abandoned for President.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Cummington, MA

#17 Mar 28, 2013
Ah yes Bridgette, El Presidente. The man of so few successes or lineage to suggest even mentioning a worthy presidential candidate and yet zion polarized the herd into voting for the color of his skin. "Walk the red line mr president"
How does Judas get away with it all, I wonder.
Always scheming.
Time is running out.

Putin for President.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#18 Mar 28, 2013
Sei wrote:
<quoted text>
While a Pastor or Reverend can be referred to as Doctor XYZ, it is actually more proper to call them Pastor or Reverend so long as they are active in preaching.
Sorry, I have a very formal way of engaging in my etiquette.
Incidentally, President Barack H. Obama is referred to formally as President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama. Even if he had a doctorate in something other than law, he would be referred to as President Obama.
In fact, the best example of that would be Thomas Woodrow Wilson. President Wilson had a Doctorate in History and Political Science. Once he took the Presidency, the title of Doctor was abandoned for President.
I don't recall The Obamaniac ever having being caled "Doctor" before he was POTUS, nor Senator. I've had teachers and professors in college who had doctorates who insisted on being called "Mr. Greene", or just "Jim". I think it's very pretentious to call her "Dr."

Sei

Since: Nov 08

Rutland, VT

#19 Mar 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall The Obamaniac ever having being caled "Doctor" before he was POTUS, nor Senator. I've had teachers and professors in college who had doctorates who insisted on being called "Mr. Greene", or just "Jim". I think it's very pretentious to call her "Dr."
As I said...I have a very old sense of etiquette. From what I understand, she does not insist on the Doctor part, but I use it because that is what I was taught and unless I get a message from MSNBC or Dr. Maddow to stop using it, I'll continue to use it.

Plus, Obama would never have been referred to as 'doctor' because his doctorate is in law.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Mar 28, 2013
Sei wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said...I have a very old sense of etiquette. From what I understand, she does not insist on the Doctor part, but I use it because that is what I was taught and unless I get a message from MSNBC or Dr. Maddow to stop using it, I'll continue to use it.
Plus, Obama would never have been referred to as 'doctor' because his doctorate is in law.
So if a person earns a doctorate degree in law, you DON'T call him "doctor", but if a person earns a doctorate in medicine or political science, THEN you call him "doctor". I once had a music teacher who INSISTED you call him "doctor", and I had a science teacher who had a doctorate degree in physics who insisted you call him "Mr." and NOT "doctor". Who makes up these rules ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min who cares 15,935
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 6 min Observation 56
A question for NE Jade 37 min Gryph 1
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 197
News How Donald Trump is slowly teaching Republicans... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 48
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 1 hr Martha 62
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr sgt Wiitold Kowal 38,777
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,966
More from around the web