MSNBC suspends Alec Baldwin's show after anti-gay slur

Nov 17, 2013 Full story: KRMG-AM Tulsa 11

MSNBC has yanked his new show off the air for two weeks, following yet another anti-gay slur by the actor.

Full Story

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#1 Nov 17, 2013
I just read a few minutes ago that the show may be canceled entirely because almost nobody is watching it, unsurprisingly.

MSNBC's shows are among the lowest-rated shows on cable tv. FOX NEWS routinely has the highest-rated shows on tv.

And the two books that currently are, and have been for a long time, on the New York Times Best Seller list are:

"KILLING JESUS" by Bill O'Reilly who has his own show, "THE FACTOR" on FOX NEWS, and "THINGS THAT MATTER", by Charles Krauthammer a regular guest on "THE FACTOR" and other FOX NEWS shows.

Bill O'Reilly's previous best seller, "KILLING KENNEDY" also topped the New York Times best seller list, and was recently made into a movie starring Rob Lowe as President Kennedy.

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#2 Nov 17, 2013
Good riddance. They should never have hired him in the first place. He is a child who needs to grow up. His tirades before this should have convinced MSNBC that he should not be on the air.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#3 Nov 17, 2013
Ron431 wrote:
Good riddance. They should never have hired him in the first place. He is a child who needs to grow up. His tirades before this should have convinced MSNBC that he should not be on the air.
Well, almost nobody watches his show anyway.

And the network loses money. That's why Microsoft finally pulled out and had their name removed from the network.

i don't know why NBS keeps pouring money into this losing proposition. I'm surprised that the NBS stockholders don't have them shut it down.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Nov 17, 2013
I don't agree with this.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#5 Nov 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
I just read a few minutes ago that the show may be canceled entirely because almost nobody is watching it, unsurprisingly.
MSNBC's shows are among the lowest-rated shows on cable tv. FOX NEWS routinely has the highest-rated shows on tv.
And the two books that currently are, and have been for a long time, on the New York Times Best Seller list are:
"KILLING JESUS" by Bill O'Reilly who has his own show, "THE FACTOR" on FOX NEWS, and "THINGS THAT MATTER", by Charles Krauthammer a regular guest on "THE FACTOR" and other FOX NEWS shows.
Bill O'Reilly's previous best seller, "KILLING KENNEDY" also topped the New York Times best seller list, and was recently made into a movie starring Rob Lowe as President Kennedy.
Which says a lot about the mentality of the viewing audience, if you get my drift. MSNBC has a lot in common with PBS in that regard.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#6 Nov 17, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Which says a lot about the mentality of the viewing audience, if you get my drift. MSNBC has a lot in common with PBS in that regard.
So what you're saying is that the average American is JUST TOO STUPID to know what's good for them.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8 Nov 17, 2013
Reported
Zach

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 Nov 17, 2013
Keith Olbermann wannabe Alex Baldwin just needs to go away. No one is going to watch him anyway.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#10 Nov 17, 2013
Zach wrote:
Keith Olbermann wannabe Alex Baldwin just needs to go away. No one is going to watch him anyway.
Nobody watched Olbermann either. That's why he just went away.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#11 Nov 19, 2013
Baldwin is an arrogant jerk who thinks he has the right to treat people any way he pleases. How this moron got an acting career and a talk show is a mystery to me.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#12 Nov 19, 2013
Gremlin wrote:
Baldwin is an arrogant jerk who thinks he has the right to treat people any way he pleases. How this moron got an acting career and a talk show is a mystery to me.
Liberals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 3 min Cali Boi 2014 68,511
The NE Jade Saturday Afternoon Thread 6 min Die Hard Arkie 10
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 min Reverend Alan 5,531
US Supreme Court Won't Stop Gay Marriages ... 21 min Dubya 7
Gay man wins suit against clinic that used shoc... 37 min Myron 3
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 41 min Die Hard Arkie 26,715
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 43 min WasteWater 2,864
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr WeTheSheeple 5,022
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 5 hr WeTheSheeple 18
TOWIE boys say Balls to Cancer by stripping NAK... 9 hr Mikey 14
More from around the web