American Sociological Association calls out, obliterates anti-gay parenting study

There are 26 comments on the pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com story from Mar 1, 2013, titled American Sociological Association calls out, obliterates anti-gay parenting study. In it, pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com reports that:

Obscured by the fact that the Obama Administration submitted a brief against Prop 8 is the brief the American Sociological Association submitted. This is a shame because I think in many ways, ASA’s brief can be seen as just as, if not, more significant.

ASA’s brief destroys claims made that same-sex households are inferior when it comes to raising children, which is a major argument for those pushing Prop 8. The ASA especially calls out the Mark Regnerus study, which is the recent controversial study claiming children raised in same-sex households suffer adverse efffects. Supporters of Prop 8 made this study a huge part of their arguments in spite of fact that it has been discredited.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#49 Mar 2, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should change your name once again, FAGG@T. This time to SHlT Breath. Suits you better.
That is the nicest thing you've ever said
AzAdam

United States

#60 Mar 2, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever the homosexual to pretend to be someone else through mockery for that is what you stand for, honey.
1. Vague, obtuse.
2. Without supporting evidence, vacant and pejorative.

I know you have nothing else to fall back on, so I'm not judging you.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#61 Mar 3, 2013
AzAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, today is that day. It's the day that gay people and transgendered people get equal treatment under the law. Welcome to today.
The day you're talking about was yesterday. Sorry you missed it.
I'll bet he's even pissed that Mississippi finally banned slavery!

Think about it. Just two weeks ago the last State in our Nation finally got around to making slavery illegal in their State laws!

Maybe we should send him some Midol!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#62 Mar 3, 2013
The wonderful thing about the study is the very different picture you get when you apply an objective and conprehensive methodolgy as opposed to starting with your unproven and agenda- serving ( and most the time ecumenical)world view, sit back and simply extrapolate from that place the determinations you want, which is the case with any right-wing study that comes dow the holy pike. It doesn't surpise me in the least that the trolls immedietly jumped on this thread in order to shut it down.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#63 Mar 3, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
The wonderful thing about the study is the very different picture you get when you apply an objective and comprehensive methodology as opposed to starting with your unproven and agenda- serving ( and most the time ecumenical)world view, sit back and simply extrapolate from that place the determinations you want, which is the case with any right-wing study that comes down the holy pike. It doesn't surprise me in the least that the trolls immediately jumped on this thread in order to shut it down.
Big red, green check, and Big Yellow Bulb.
(note to icon voting scammers: I WANT MY LEMONS!)

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#64 Mar 3, 2013
50 amicus briefs submitted supporting equality.

Links to PDF copies of major amicus briefs filed in support of the constitutional challenge to California's Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure that eliminated equal marriage rights for same-sex partners:

http://www.sfcityattorney.org/index.aspx...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boy Scouts' leader speaks out on gay adults ban 1 min Wondering 68
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 3 min Wondering 223
News Ireland same-sex marriage 3 min Le Jimbo 64
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 6 min Wondering 5,589
News What it cost Indiana to fight same-sex marriage 7 min Sick of Bigots an... 21
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 8 min Wondering 4,459
News 5 things to know about Ireland's gay marriage r... 18 min Fa-Foxy 32
News Obama to 5-Year-Old Gay Marriage Advocate: 'Cou... 35 min Righteous 32
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr Blackburn 33,164
More from around the web