Mormon Church to Weigh in on Gay Marr...

Mormon Church to Weigh in on Gay Marriage Ban

There are 41 comments on the EDGE story from Feb 10, 2014, titled Mormon Church to Weigh in on Gay Marriage Ban. In it, EDGE reports that:

Opponents for gay marriage show their support during a rally at the Utah State Capitol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Feb 10, 2014
Since Mormons aren't Christians, although they continually lie about that now and now claim that they are after years of denying it, nobody should listen to what they have to say about anything.
SteamRoller

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Feb 10, 2014
"Opponents for."

Are condoms necessary when mind f'ing?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Feb 10, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Since Mormons aren't Christians, although they continually lie about that now and now claim that they are after years of denying it, nobody should listen to what they have to say about anything.
You can't win a war by ignoring the enemy
Elizabeth Johnson

Falls Church, VA

#4 Feb 10, 2014
IDIOT The very name reflects Mormons are christian.

"The Church of Jesus Christ"

Not all Mormons are against SSM, they may not agree or like it but not opposed.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Feb 10, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't win a war by ignoring the enemy
Yes, you can.

For example, the best way, and the easiest way, to defeat the Westboro Baptist Church Wackazoids is to simply ignore them completely, never mention them, never even acknowledge their existence, and just pretend that they don't exist. Without publicity, they are utterly powerless.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Feb 10, 2014
Btw, I saw Bill O'Reilly interview the POTUS on tv the other day.

One man, the most powerful man on the Earth. The other man, just The Obamaniac.
SteamRoller

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Feb 10, 2014
Elizabeth Johnson wrote:
IDIOT The very name reflects Mormons are christian.
"The Church of Jesus Christ"
Not all Mormons are against SSM, they may not agree or like it but not opposed.
North Korea has "Democratic" in its official name.

I don't know if the mormon whatever it is is Christian or not, but I think between Kolob, baptizing dead Jews and magic underpants - nevermind the really sick homophobia - that it's one of the craziest things I've ever heard of.

And we don't care if "religious" freeeks like equal glbt rights. You're going to live with those equal rights, eventually.
juls

West Mansfield, OH

#9 Feb 10, 2014
of course they are going to file a friend of the court bla bla; and say" bla bla bla bla bla BS"...Lived there- way too freaky for me; they are really out there in space. Shame the land is beautiful. they use that like its theirs for raping....sick.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#11 Feb 15, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
If you continue with that mind set, you are excluding A lot of Allies. Perhaps you should stop judging people based on religion.

“I will not keep calm”

#12 Feb 15, 2014
SteamRoller wrote:
<quoted text>
North Korea has "Democratic" in its official name.
I don't know if the mormon whatever it is is Christian or not, but I think between Kolob, baptizing dead Jews and magic underpants - nevermind the really sick homophobia - that it's one of the craziest things I've ever heard of.
And we don't care if "religious" freeeks like equal glbt rights. You're going to live with those equal rights, eventually.
When you put it that way, we do sound a bit strange ,except for the fact I have never baptized a dead anything I have been baptized for the spirit of someone. And seriously, there is nothing magical about my underpants, that would be awesome if it were true. I mostly just use them to cover my lady parts.
As for " religious freeeks like lgbt rights" , you should know that not all of us are merely tolerating or accepting it. There are many of us out there fighting for human rights WITH you, if you could not call us names while we are fighting for the same for you, we would surely appreciate it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Feb 15, 2014
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> If you continue with that mind set, you are excluding A lot of Allies. Perhaps you should stop judging people based on religion.
We don't pay much attention to "FaFoxy".

Neither should you.

“I will not keep calm”

#14 Feb 15, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't pay much attention to "FaFoxy".
Neither should you.
haha.... Thanks for the heads up.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Feb 15, 2014
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> haha.... Thanks for the heads up.
Welcome to the asylum.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#16 Feb 15, 2014
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> If you continue with that mind set, you are excluding A lot of Allies. Perhaps you should stop judging people based on religion.
No. I will continue to do so.

One can reasonably assume that people who baptize dead babies, and believe in magic underpants are not rational and cannot be trusted to make rational decisions.

And Catholic values are not Protestant values.

“I will not keep calm”

#17 Feb 15, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
One can reasonably assume that people who baptize dead babies, and believe in magic underpants are not rational and cannot be trusted to make rational decisions.
cut off your nose to spite your face mind set eh? Let me know how that works for you.

“I will not keep calm”

#18 Feb 15, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the asylum.
Thank you :)

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#19 Feb 17, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
People that claim Mormons dig up dead babies and baptize them aren't rational at all.
People that claim Mormons believe their underwear actually are magical aren't rational at all either.
Care to continue to prove the extent of your irrationality?

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Feb 17, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
People that claim Mormons dig up dead babies and baptize them aren't rational at all.
People that claim Mormons believe their underwear actually are magical aren't rational at all either.
Care to continue to prove the extent of your irrationality?
I never said either thing. Apparently you cannot comprehend simple written American English.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#21 Feb 18, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said either thing. Apparently you cannot comprehend simple written American English.
Actually that's what you said in post #16.
"One can reasonably assume that people who baptize dead babies, and believe in magic underpants are not rational and cannot be trusted to make rational decisions."

To baptize a dead baby one would have to dig it up. And you claimed Mormons think their underpants are magic.

So not only are you minus rationality, you made yourself a liar too. Care to implicate yourself any farther?

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#22 Feb 18, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that's what you said in post #16.
"One can reasonably assume that people who baptize dead babies, and believe in magic underpants are not rational and cannot be trusted to make rational decisions."
To baptize a dead baby one would have to dig it up. And you claimed Mormons think their underpants are magic.
So not only are you minus rationality, you made yourself a liar too. Care to implicate yourself any farther?
As I said, you OBVIOUSLY cannot comprehend simple American English. You do NOT have to disinter someone to baptize them according to the weird Mormon religion. And Mormons DO believe in magic underpants. Find a Mormon and ask them.

And if you has spent 2 seconds check wikipedia, you would have learned that Mormons DO practice baptism of the dead. Christians do NOT baptize the dead. ergo, Mormons are NOT Christians.

Mormon baptism of the dead on hidden camera:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_for_the_...

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/16/expl...

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/mormon/baptis...

http://www.lds.org/topics/baptisms-for-the-de...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/mormons-bapti...

http://mormon.org/faq/baptism-for-the-dead

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/...

I STAND BY WHAT I SAID.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 31 min guest 1,096
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 48 min Darlene 24,782
News Takata pleads guilty in air bag scandal, agrees... 48 min Rainbow Kid 3
News Gay-basher gets 2 months in jail for on-camera ... 57 min Darlo Darling 4
News Taylorsville teacher suspended for showing clas... (Sep '13) 1 hr Rainbow Kid 54
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Respect71 45,160
News Police: Drunken man hurls slurs at gay couple i... 2 hr Porter 2
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 3 hr June VanDerMark 13,094
More from around the web