Uk PM Cameron urged to delay gay marr...

Uk PM Cameron urged to delay gay marriage vote

There are 5 comments on the The Daily Star story from Feb 3, 2013, titled Uk PM Cameron urged to delay gay marriage vote. In it, The Daily Star reports that:

LONDON: Members of British Prime Minister David Cameron's Conservative party urged him on Sunday to dela parliamentary vote this week on gay marriage, warning the issue could weaken the party and harm his chances of re-election.

Cameron has pledged his personal support for a gay marriage bill but many in his party and among his legislators oppose it on moral grounds and say the government has no mandate to push it through parliament.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Star.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#1 Feb 3, 2013
Justice delayed is justice denied.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Feb 3, 2013
Any church congregation that practices homophobia has no jurisdiction over gay people

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Feb 3, 2013
Is there a specific term for the tactic that puts something forward, but in such a manner that it is guaranteed to fail, yet that allows one to take bows for having tried?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Feb 3, 2013
snyper wrote:
Is there a specific term for the tactic that puts something forward, but in such a manner that it is guaranteed to fail, yet that allows one to take bows for having tried?
I can think of two:
evangelical fundamentalism
and George Romney for President
David Traversa

La Rioja, Argentina

#5 Feb 3, 2013
snyper wrote:
VERY perceptive of you.. I have the same feeling.. Let's hope we're both wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Gay cake' appeal decided 15 min Newt G s Next Wife 22
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 19 min TRUMP WINNERS 1,859
News Walmart agrees to $7.5 million settlement in di... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 1
News Trudeau tells French-speaking nations there's '... 1 hr GrowUp 12
News Walking Dead Star Says His Beloved Character Is... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 4
News Trump's Pick For Secretary Of Education Is Bets... 2 hr TomInElPaso 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Respect71 42,771
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr lides 22,324
More from around the web