Anti-Gay Pastor Scott Lively Shows Up at Mass. Gubernatorial Forum

Mar 26, 2014 Full story: EDGE 18

Scott Lively, the Springfield, Mass.-based pastor who allegedly had a part in creating anti-gay laws in Uganda and Russia, is running for Massachusetts governor as an independent and attended a Boston gubernatorial forum on LGBT issues Tuesday night.

Full Story

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#1 Mar 26, 2014
What an idiot, not even smart enough to realize he should've moved to Mississippi or Oklahoma where he'd have an actual chance of winning.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#2 Mar 26, 2014
He'd be ELECTABLE if it were somehow tied to being ELECTROCUTED....ugh!!!

I somehow doubt he will win this political office!!!
juls

Marengo, OH

#3 Mar 26, 2014
i gotta puke....thank Goddess for having some desirable people there....I would have had to leave...than to tolerate such dribble....maybe he's doing it for that very reason.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4 Mar 26, 2014
He'd the Donald of the Massachusetts gubernatorial. He never intended to win. He just wants the infamy. Plus, running for governor will look good on his resume when he visits African and eastern Europe.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#5 Mar 26, 2014
Let him make a fool of himself, it's better than what he deserves.
Buford

Buffalo, NY

#6 Mar 26, 2014
I admire and applaud Pastor Scott Lively!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Mar 26, 2014
Buford wrote:
You just ruined your reputation

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 26, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You just ruined your reputation
That was ruined over six years ago when he lost his registered account as, "Proud Girl Scout Leader".
Sir Andrew

Honolulu, HI

#9 Mar 26, 2014
Buford wrote:
How did you even figure out what he was saying, seeing that he used several words that had more than one syllable? Further, since you lie about everything, including your own identity and place on the map, we can only assume you're lying about this as well. I suspect that even homophobic idiots wish you'd just shut up and stop bringing the reputation of their antigay movement even lower.
Fundies R Mentally Nil

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Mar 26, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
He'd be ELECTABLE if it were somehow tied to being ELECTROCUTED....ugh!!!
I somehow doubt he will win this political office!!!
That beard of his is better trimmed than any show quality West Highland White Terrier's bangs are, and I don't think an electric chair would muss it at all.

The only question is: Does he as a virulent homophobe manscape with similar style and verve?

(And, do we have to survey people in Boston's craigslist to find the answer?)

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#11 Mar 26, 2014
Buford wrote:
Why? Are you particularly fond of people who tolerate pedophiles, as long as they victimize only prepubescent girls? http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2011/01/13/2...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#12 Mar 26, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Are you particularly fond of people who tolerate pedophiles, as long as they victimize only prepubescent girls? http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2011/01/13/2...
Unfortunately that poster would see NOTHING wrong with this action just as long as it's NOT some Gay man molesting boys(which ISN'T happening by the way).....haven't you figured that out by now?
david traversa

Argentina

#14 Mar 26, 2014
I'm convinced the Pseudo Christians actually hate everything Jesus Christ stands for .. There's nothing in the Gospels they can use as an excuse to vent their sick hate and, consequently, they have to go to the Old Testament and that famous flip-flopper, Paul, for their weapons . Season this with large doses of ignorance and illiteracy and you get what to them means " being a true Christian" .which really means being an unqualified, self-appointed judge of your fellow-man . Scott Lively is just another specimen of this disgusting breed

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Mar 26, 2014
I still think he looks like a Russian.
Fleck

Miami, FL

#16 Mar 27, 2014
david traversa wrote:
I'm convinced the Pseudo Christians actually hate everything Jesus Christ stands for .. There's nothing in the Gospels they can use as an excuse to vent their sick hate and, consequently, they have to go to the Old Testament and that famous flip-flopper, Paul, for their weapons . Season this with large doses of ignorance and illiteracy and you get what to them means " being a true Christian" .which really means being an unqualified, self-appointed judge of your fellow-man . Scott Lively is just another specimen of this disgusting breed
I have yet to meet a Bible thumper in Florida who wasn't a 100% hypocrite and a miserable and unhappy person .

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#17 Mar 27, 2014
david traversa wrote:
I posted this on another Topix thread, but it seems appropriate here, also.

Agree 100%. I was raised in a Christian church, but left it for reasons other than my sexuality, although it would have become an issue if I had waited longer. I have been living with and loving my same-sex spouse for over 40 years now. I have loved him, cherished him, treated him with respect and integrity, and he has done the same for me. We have harmed no one in the expression of our love and commitment, and yet these people feel free to denigrate us, refuse us equality, and, in some instances, have felt free to physically abuse us either separately or together. I see no Christian love from them, and have come to expect as little from them in the way of respect as the Pharisees showed to Jesus. the "christians " of today are a despicable lot.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#18 Mar 27, 2014
fr "Buford":

>I admire and applaud Pastor Scott Lively!<

You would. Tell you what, you and your bff scotty can move to Russia or Uganda. You are definitely NOT wanted here in the REAL world.

Since: Mar 14

Santiago, Brazil

#19 Mar 27, 2014
Yeah it can be really annoying...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single Women Raise Gay Sons: Pat Robertson short 43 min NorCal Native 38
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 49 min NorCal Native 7
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 1 hr DebraE 386
We Need More Gay Sex on TV 2 hr Fa-Foxy 77
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 2 hr NorCal Native 75
John Barrowman Proud Of Gay Kiss At Commonwealt... 2 hr cpeter1313 22
Community concerns over ice use among gay men i... 3 hr Professor Jumper 17
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 3 hr Professor Jumper 15
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 4 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 609
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 5 hr Cali Girl 2014 55,889