New York Same-sex marriage lawsuit th...

New York Same-sex marriage lawsuit thrown out

There are 175 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Sep 3, 2008, titled New York Same-sex marriage lawsuit thrown out. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

A judge has thrown out the first direct legal challenge to the New York governor's move to recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states, calling the policy a legally allowable stand for fairness.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Idiots

New York, NY

#182 Mar 8, 2013
Happy Anniversary 1913 wrote:
I watched with _____
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten _______
For the _____ they made.
Ten decades later,
Exactly
The Hundred Years' War bridged the 14th and 15th centuries, so your math is a tad off, you loon.
Foster Taker

New York, NY

#184 Mar 8, 2013
Happy Anniversary 1913 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the world's biggest mistakes/lies. Urban sprawl and a central bank. Just ask mother earth.
Believe it or not, we have a water problem.
Wait a second. You're the lying whacko that takes money from the state for foster kids and spends it at the track. Talk about decadent.
World Champion

Bronx, NY

#185 Mar 8, 2013
Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Your grammar sucks too, you lying fool. Gay marriage cases brought by private individuals are paid for by those individuals, and the lawyers who represent them (like Ted Olson) often volunteer their time. Of course, the government is involved because there is a law at issue, you moron. But, that's true of any case involving a law. How much did the taxpayers waste by suing to invalidate Obamacare?
When you can learn to think and write properly, let me know.
Looks like you need more help learning how to read so I'll simplify this response for slow minded people with sophmoric thought process. The government has to do massive research and polling of various districts before any verdict can be reached. On issues like having abnormal marriage the smount of work is about tripple that of a normal murder case due to the political implications on such a useless issue. You see they cant win either way the vote goes so bringing up a case like this is clearly an attempt to clog the justice system. Here in the USA we have many different levels of court and they all have to be used to change any law. This fact means MILLIONS of tax payer dollars spent thru the whole process. Those guys in supreme court making the laws are civil servants and paid for by the tax paying USA citizens. Every single person in every court level is a public paid worker. Each court have hundred of staff members. When you have a court case like gay marriage for example each court that it passes thru has to be open and working thus people are receiving payment all of which gets taken out of taxpayers pocket. When you loose this case ten times in a row then appeal it every time that costs the court money. The more you appeal it and higher up it goes the more money it takes out of the tax payers wallet. The cost associated with the pro gay marriage party is not of concern to tax payers. I'm glad I was able to shed enormous light on this subject for you. Now go forward and stop putting stuff in your butthole. The butthole is scientifically designed to expel fecal matter ftom the human body. Next chapter I will teach you the fundamentals of not having a huge blown up butthole such as not having poopy fall into your pants every day. Dont be affraid to share because sharing is caring.
Idiots

New York, NY

#186 Mar 8, 2013
World Champion wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you need more help learning how to read so I'll simplify this response for slow minded people with sophmoric thought process. The government has to do massive research and polling of various districts before any verdict can be reached. On issues like having abnormal marriage the smount of work is about tripple that of a normal murder case due to the political implications on such a useless issue. You see they cant win either way the vote goes so bringing up a case like this is clearly an attempt to clog the justice system. Here in the USA we have many different levels of court and they all have to be used to change any law. This fact means MILLIONS of tax payer dollars spent thru the whole process. Those guys in supreme court making the laws are civil servants and paid for by the tax paying USA citizens. Every single person in every court level is a public paid worker. Each court have hundred of staff members. When you have a court case like gay marriage for example each court that it passes thru has to be open and working thus people are receiving payment all of which gets taken out of taxpayers pocket. When you loose this case ten times in a row then appeal it every time that costs the court money. The more you appeal it and higher up it goes the more money it takes out of the tax payers wallet. The cost associated with the pro gay marriage party is not of concern to tax payers. I'm glad I was able to shed enormous light on this subject for you. Now go forward and stop putting stuff in your butthole. The butthole is scientifically designed to expel fecal matter ftom the human body. Next chapter I will teach you the fundamentals of not having a huge blown up butthole such as not having poopy fall into your pants every day. Dont be affraid to share because sharing is caring.
I'm only going to explain this once, so take notes: it's the Congress and the Legislatures that make the laws; it's the Courts' job to interpret those laws. Occasionaly, a court may make law from the bench, but that is not a court's primary responsibility. And guess what, every person you ever voted for is also a public servant paid for with taxpayer dollars. Guess how much money was spent by the courts when they had to rule on the Terry Schiavo sideshow; the Guantanamo cases, Clinton's impeachment, etc.? Millions of dollars. Gay marriage is not a special case.

And, you have an odd fascination with buttholes. You're obviously trying to tell us something, genius.

Finally, please go back to school and learn to write and spell. I feel like I have to wipe my ass after reading your crap.
World Champion

Bronx, NY

#188 Mar 8, 2013
You guys making this too easy. The appelate division of court first votes, then if it wins the supreme court is the end of the line in court. Supreme court then writes the law setting legal presidence over any matter before the senate and assembly finally get the final vote. If all of this goes well the respectives states govenor then has to sign and its law. When new laws are brought up the supreme court is the authority that dictates all legal boundries pertaining to individual cases. Now that we made it to the senate and assembly and govenor who do you think pays that enormous bill for each law that comes down the line?

I only going to say thing 20,000 more times; same sex marriage laws are clogging up the legal system, wasting millions and millions and millions of tax payer dollars and the end result is nobody is happy with any verdict and gay peopld are using it as desperate attempt at attention. We get it your gay great go be gay who cares. This 2013 nobody cares anymore about sexual prefference. Give it up, this is not a relevant issue in todays society.
Idiots

New York, NY

#190 Mar 8, 2013
World Champion wrote:
You guys making this too easy. The appelate division of court first votes, then if it wins the supreme court is the end of the line in court. Supreme court then writes the law setting legal presidence over any matter before the senate and assembly finally get the final vote. If all of this goes well the respectives states govenor then has to sign and its law. When new laws are brought up the supreme court is the authority that dictates all legal boundries pertaining to individual cases. Now that we made it to the senate and assembly and govenor who do you think pays that enormous bill for each law that comes down the line?
I only going to say thing 20,000 more times; same sex marriage laws are clogging up the legal system, wasting millions and millions and millions of tax payer dollars and the end result is nobody is happy with any verdict and gay peopld are using it as desperate attempt at attention. We get it your gay great go be gay who cares. This 2013 nobody cares anymore about sexual prefference. Give it up, this is not a relevant issue in todays society.
No court gets involved unless someone challenges the law. The Supreme Court of the United States does not issue advisory opinions. Some state courts do. Court's issue opinions about laws; legislatures make the laws. You obviously did not make it through any civics classes.

And, the term is "legal precedent." The word "presidence" does not exist in the English language.
Idiots

New York, NY

#191 Mar 8, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an outright lie and I swear unto God and my children that we receive zero money to what it is you are exacting against me so please, for the sake of a somewhat respectful dialogue, drop it!
Or we're are through here.
I call bullshit! DCF always provides money for foster children. Always. You never should have brought this up and trapped yourself in a blatant lie.
Idiots

New York, NY

#192 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I already knew that, I was merely applying the significance of the last hundred years for the next song. Before we go any further I have a question to ask you and that is
a. What it is you do for a living?
b. What other names have you gone under on topix. Ya know, the ones I'm more familiar with. Failure to answer the two, especially the first, terminates this back and forth for good.
Lastly, billions and billions of people agree with what I have to say and this nation is no longer representative of common sense, a sound family structure, or the moral question.
Take your time.
I'm an importer/exporter. My name is Art Vandelay.

How could you possibly know that billions and billions of people agree your racist, antisemitic, and homophobic views? Have you taken a poll?
Idiots

New York, NY

#196 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Simple math formulas for one and the simple fact of who manipulates our media, courts, governing process, central banks, follyhood etc etc etc.
They don't call it the lamestream media for nothing.
Why do you think Mass disallowed a vote on this issue years ago?
Hmmmmmm?
Because not enough legislators voted in support of it at the Constitutional Convention, that's why.

And yet, Proposition 8 passed in California. What a well organized gay conspiracy we have here. You do realize that you're batshit crazy, don't you?
World Champion

Bronx, NY

#203 Mar 8, 2013
I wonder if the anal grammar rodeo loser is a homo?? You get it anal-grammar-homo. Ya I got a million of them. In this case the one we are talking about, the supreme court was used after numerous appeals. The supreme court wrote the outline that is same sex marriage law and present it to the senate for approval. Its typical queen of drama behavior to argue over punctuation. Trying so hard to hide the looming reality check I presented. It was easy to rip your whole way of life a new asshole. Maybe this internet forum thing is new to you, or you just swim here from mexico on a boogie board. How do you like my spelling of boogie board? Does the supreme court have its own capacino bar?
crack kills

Pittsfield, MA

#205 Mar 8, 2013
Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not arguing over punctuation, you fool. You use words that don't exist.
You're just another hateful topix moron.
If you are gay and from north adams do you still bone your sister???
World Champion

Bronx, NY

#207 Mar 8, 2013
Avoiding the topix is a true sign of insecurity and shame. When someone submits a thourough list of reasons why a certain law is hurting the general public and all you can say is" hey you didnt spell a word correctly " that means your avoiding the issue. While it digs away at your entrails like a dagger more money is being wasted on this flipflop issue. They vote it in and out and careers are made and destroyed. Its all political bs and the tax payers are stuck in the middle. Go marry a friggin goat named Paulbags for all I care. Its when you tie up court for nonsense issues it creates the real budget crisis. Then real people in need have their programs cutt. Why??? Because these poll smoking queerbies need attention and court battles create headlines. Politicians get behind it and against it in the same press conference. Nobody wants to say what they really want to because all those queer votes will be gone. Its really not a hot topic the way you want it to be. Most politicians dont give a shit and rather spend time and money saving lives and creating jobs. Not tip toeing around issues because some gay rights agency is bucking for a promotion and itching to sue somebody. Go marry steve and pack your buttholes till your blue in the face.....yawn thats old news.
Vandelay

New York, NY

#208 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Uh, Art Vandelay is not your real name. Ya know why? Cus ten hours ago you were on another Pittsfield board under the name Chris Anderson with the same ip from an Ohio town. So you're basically fos and now posting on a NA ip. Can you say..........Praxis?
Stay away from my posts.
Praxis? No.

Art Vandelay is the name George Costanza gave himself during a well known episode of "Seinfeld."

Maybe you're one of those people that doesn't own a television, or have been living under a cultural rock for the past twenty years. Wow.
World Champion

Bronx, NY

#210 Mar 9, 2013
Ya they dont watch seinfeld because of all the gay jokes. Touchy bunch of flamingos ehhy!! Dont worry they just misserable regarless of what anyone says or does for them. Yes Art Vandelay industries is very funny. 99% of american public very fond of that episode. They dont play seinfeld on LOGO or OWN loloolool!!!!!!
qiwwiw

Rochester, PA

#211 Mar 13, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
About Time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 1 hr bmz 591
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Brian_G 12,957
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr EdmondWA 37,246
News Albuquerque Muslims mourn with, look to local L... 5 hr Fa-Foxy 4
News Drag queens raise holy hell in Jerusalem's only... 5 hr Fa-Foxy 6
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 5 hr Fa-Foxy 10
News Britain, EU at odds over timing of divorce talks 5 hr Fa-Foxy 1
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 6 hr WasteWater 897
More from around the web