Senator Lisa Murkowski Evolving On Sa...

Senator Lisa Murkowski Evolving On Same-Sex Marriage

There are 9 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Senator Lisa Murkowski Evolving On Same-Sex Marriage . In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Alaska Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski has stated that she is reconsidering her views on same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Mar 28, 2013
Why must one "evolve" on the question of equal rights for ALL Americans ???

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Why must one "evolve" on the question of equal rights for ALL Americans ???
Well, she does have to slough off all that nasty dogma, and it always takes more than a good shoe-scraping to get it done right. We all have to come in from the dark sometime. For some its a longer journey. As long as she sees the light and feels its warm, comforting, all-inclusive embrace.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Mar 28, 2013
I've evolved. I say let's let atheists marry one another even though they are NOT living a "Christian lifestyle".

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Mar 28, 2013
From the article:

" ...“I’ve got two young sons who, when I ask them and their friends how they feel about gay marriage, kinda give me one of those looks like,‘Gosh mom, why are you even asking that question?’”... "

Says it all.

" ... and the child shall lead them ... "

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Mar 29, 2013
Not suprising they're all stumbling over themselves to act like they supported repealing DOMA all along now that the court is about to overturn it.

It's so much easier to support something when you know you won't have to actually VOTE on the issue and just let the courts do the dirty work for you.

Next they'll be claiming they supported marriage equality all along....

That said, whatever it takes to get their official support is still progress.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#6 Mar 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Not suprising they're all stumbling over themselves to act like they supported repealing DOMA all along now that the court is about to overturn it.
It's so much easier to support something when you know you won't have to actually VOTE on the issue and just let the courts do the dirty work for you.
Next they'll be claiming they supported marriage equality all along....
That said, whatever it takes to get their official support is still progress.
What I keep thinking, though, is the more vocal support swells for marriage equality, the more likely the court is to shirk their responsibility to enforce the constitution.

When you're wealthy and privileged and have no financial or security concerns, it's not a big deal to wait while "the political process plays out". For the rest of us, it's a big fricking deal.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Mar 29, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
What I keep thinking, though, is the more vocal support swells for marriage equality, the more likely the court is to shirk their responsibility to enforce the constitution.
When you're wealthy and privileged and have no financial or security concerns, it's not a big deal to wait while "the political process plays out". For the rest of us, it's a big fricking deal.
Yeah, it's a catch-21 situation, but one we're likely stuck with.

Eventually the court is going to overturn the remaining bans, but as we say this week, the numbers just arent' there yet. I still think it will take replacing one of the conservatives on the court for that to happen.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#8 Mar 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's a catch-21 situation, but one we're likely stuck with.
Eventually the court is going to overturn the remaining bans, but as we say this week, the numbers just arent' there yet. I still think it will take replacing one of the conservatives on the court for that to happen.
Um, not to be a little queen over here about it, but did you mean Catch 22?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Mar 29, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Um, not to be a little queen over here about it, but did you mean Catch 22?
Ooops. Typing too fast, not proofreading; bad homosexual!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 11 min Frankie Rizzo 26,530
News This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for being born gay 23 min Wondering 48
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 55 min Tre H 14,211
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr lado 57,976
News Gay teacher fired by South Coast Baptist Colleg... 3 hr Wondering 6
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 4 hr Sammi 206
News Roy Moore accuser says she was not paid to tell... 4 hr Trump is a joke 28
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 112
More from around the web